Deanies Rotation Check in 5/1

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today I did my new BB yoga dvd. It was good, but not what I was expecting. There were a lot of balancing poses, that I surprised myself and held, and not many standing poses or sitting poses. I think I was thinking it was going to be like David Swensons longer practice, without the middle part. I did like the practice and will do it again. I liked how he did some poses twice, so you could get a deeper stretch. And I liked the back bend series. I haven't done bow or camel in a while, and camel used to be my favorite! I definately feel worked:) And the time went by quickly. Thanks for recommending it. :)

I checked out cathes May 07 rotation. I LIKE it!! I bookmarked it incase we may want to do it. I have to say, I have gotten GREAT definition so far from this rotation!!!I haven't measured my self yet though. How about you all?

Marcy- I agree a pound is a pound, but I'm thinking someone who weighs 130 with no muscle is a different 130 than someone with muscle. A 130 with muscle could be a size 6, the same person with no muscle could be a size 10. Thats why, for me, I never look at the scale, I could be 106 or 124 and still wear a size 2 or 4. Does that make sense?:+

Gin- I still think BB has "silly" sayings, but I took your attitude and took them as being "silly" and enjoyed the dvd:)

Tracee- How is baseball season for you? My younger DS team lost their first game last night. They took it well. My older DS plays tonight and they are 4 and 1! Hopefully he will pitch tonight (he's been pitching every other game) its his favorite position. How about your son?

Have a great day all,
BBL,

Deanie:*

Good Morning!

I did 2 segments of Stretch Max today and it was quite relaxing. No sweaty clothes to wash here!;-) I did measure myself this morning and compared to March 1. I lost 3/4" in each bicep, but everything else stayed the same. I got my CoreMax dvd in the mail yesterday and did Tough core before yoga, so I did those pikes twice in one day....fun!

Do you girls read any fitness/health magazines and if so would you recommend any?

Deanie--Glad you (sort of) liked BB yoga. I will haveto check out May rotation. Have you ever done August 05? Everyone says how tough that one is. You are so right about not paying attention to the # on the scale. I just can't go to WW mtgs anymore b/c I am over my goal weight! I sure don't want to pay. My mother weighs about the same as I do, but she wears a 12 and I wear a 4-6. We are the same height.

Marcy and Tracee-- Have a great workout/day today!
Gin

Gin

I was looking for Cathe's May rotation yesterday but she hadn't posted it so I'll have to go look at it now. She usually puts in too much additional running or non-video stuff and that makes it frustrating for me because I can't follow it exactly.

Deanie - I'm going to delete my other check in, can I do that?

Baseball season is just barely getting started for us. He's only had practices with his main team. He plays with another team for weekend tournaments and we've only had one so far. They did well, won 2 and lost 1. My son is a pitcher too. He also plays 1st base and outfield.

I haven't done measurements since the beginning of this rotation so I'm not sure. Some of my clothes from last year are way too big and others fit the same. Weird. It is frustrating with some of my clothes from last summer though because I had just bought them towards the end of the summer and now they are too baggy. I don't like to spend money on clothes for myself so it makes me mad when I can't wear the same stuff from last year. Oh well, at least it's not because they are too tight.

Gin - I don't read any fitness magazines so I can't help you out in that area. I agree with the others, the scale means nothing when you're exercising. I only see my weight when I go to the doctors.

Have a good day.
Tracee

Hi Ladies!

Today I did Core Synergistics. This is one tough workout. Probably the toughest workout I've ever done. I did 7 prison cell pushups today (did 5 last time). The banana rolls, superman/banana rolls and bow to boat are really tough! But the toughest move of all is the plank to chaturanga run. That one really wipes me out! There's also a plank/chaturanga isolation hold which is also just as tough. If any of you want to take your core work to the next level, I highly recommend this workout. I think it's one of the best (if not the best) workout in the whole P90X series.

Deanie: I agree with you that 130 pounds of no muscle is quite different than 130 pounds with muscle and the one with muscle will be a much smaller size because the muscle is dense whereas the fat is flabby. I'm glad you like the BB DVD. I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first but as it went on, I like it more and more. I also felt really "worked". I just previewed Yoga Zone's Power Yoga for Strength & Endurance last night. It's about a 55 minute practice. The instructor is Lisa Bennett. She has one person doing modifications and one person doing the more advanced moves. The thing is she does a long sequence on one side before she does the whole thing again on the other. From the reviews I've read, many people don't seem to like this but a lot of people thought it was a tough, challenging practice. Since viewing and doing are two different things, I'm going to hold off saying anymore until I do it (hopefully this weekend).

I took my monthly measurements this morning, although I'm going to take them again for my 30 day X measurements. The only thing that really changed is I gained 1/4" in my biceps. Although my body fat did go down to 21.2% (lowest it's ever been :) ). As far as non-numerical gains, I definitely feel stronger, more flexible and I think I see a six-pack emerging. I have to admit I have not been as good with my eating as I should be. I do feel a little less tired this week.

Tracee: I took a look at Cathe's May rotation. It's all premixes (no running, which I don't happen to like either and no freestyle stuff.) Looks like lots of fun. Some are long, some not so long.

Gin: I read Fitness & Shape. I like them although I know a lot of people don't care for them or think they're too full of other stuff like fashion. I know some people like Muscle & Fitness Hers. If you do a search in Open Discussion, I know there were some threads about fitness magazines.

Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Gin:

Did you want DWTS last night? My favorites in order were Joey, Apolo and Laila. I think Billy Ray or John is going home tonight. I know Ian did well but he's really not impressing me that much.

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Gin- I actually did enjoy the practice today. It just was different than I expected. I am going to do it again later this week. I think I am doing stretch max tomorrow. Very excited for no sweaty clothes;) No, I have never done the Aug. 05 rotation. I really like to do my workouts in an hour(give or take) I did do Jan. Lets work (I think it was 06) and got thru 2 1/2 weeks before:a) not seeing any results- to much cardio for me. and b)I lost focus after an hour. I finished it out just doing cathes workouts listed first, when there were 2 on one day. I don't read any magazines. I used to read Shape. I found the first year they are interesting, after that, its all the same stuff over and over.

Tracee- My DS plays 2nd or outfield. I personally think he is best at 2nd. I am already getting a nice starting tan from sitting out at the games!! yet another reason I like Baseball season!

Marcy- If you say how much you like core synergistics one more time, I may have to buy it!!!LOL:) I looked on ebay and they have some you can buy without bidding. It comes out to 25$ after shipping. Is it worth it? It seems like so much $$$$ after I got the BB yoga for 7.50$. Good job with the body fat (21.2% is great!)! I was thinking of doing my sprint 8 workout on the treadmill on thursday, and then adding the arm and leg drills at the end of CK. Would that be okay? The sprint 8 is a HIIT 20 min. program in my treadmill. Or should I stick to KM bootcamp?

Deanie

Good Afternoon!

I am soooo glad that I only have 8 more days of school. The kids are wild!:eek:

Marcy--Yes, I watched DWTS last night. Joey will probably win, but I just love to watch Apolo and his partner. They look so good dancing together....like a pair of cute little salt and pepper shakers.:D I think Billy Ray wants to go home.

Do you guys think May is almost as busy as December? And I don't even have kids at home. There is a wrap up end-of-the-year for everything. YIKES!!

Gin

May 07 rotation does look good. I like the idea of using pre-mixes to make it interesting!

Hi again!

Deanie - I thought you could buy it individually on Beachbody but I can't seem to find anything on how to order it individually. Maybe you could call them. I thought they were selling it for $19.99 but then I guess you'd have to add tax and shipping so I guess $25 after shipping's not bad. It's a 57 minute workout. There are no premixes like Cathe's but I think it's worth it. You might want to keep checking ebay because I used to see people selling the individual workouts but if you want it right away, go for it. I don't think yoga DVDs sell for quite so much as other workouts. When I see yoga DVDs for sale, I see them charging a lot more for shipping so they can make up the difference that they didn't get on the price. I think your workout on the treadmill and the arm and leg drills from CK sounds good. I just won Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Xtreme on ebay! I've been looking forward to getting this for awhile now. I came out to $12.29 with shipping for a brand new DVD. I think I got a pretty good price. I'd been trying to get it in a trade over at VF but with no luck. I'm also trying to get the Mark Blanchard workouts. I've heard they're really challenging and intense so I really want to try them.

Gin - I don't know about May being busier than December but I'm just busy now with trying to sell my house and going through all the contents. It's really exhausting. I agree about Apolo and Julieann. They're so wonderful to watch. I thought Len was a little harsh on them the last couple of weeks. I really enjoyed their choreography.

Marcy

Good afternoon!

Gin/Deanie - I keep forgetting to watch DWTS. I watched it faithfully until a couple of weeks ago and then I just keep forgetting about it. Thanks for keeping me updated on here though. :)

I did look at the May '07 rotation too and it looks like one I would like. I would have to make a few adjustments for videos I don't have and for the ones I only have on tape.

Deanie - Did you get an e-mail from the guy you bought your BB dvd from when he shipped it? How long did it take to get to you from the day it shipped to the day you received it?

Marcy - You're making me want to buy that Core dvd too. You should be in sales because you definitely have a way of making a really tough workout sound fun. :D

Gin - It seems like every month is busy these days. Sometimes, it's because of school activities or sports and other times it's because of family birthdays/holidays. It just never ends.

Have a good evening. I'll be watching my younger son play soccer tonight. He has such a good time running up and down the field. He always has a smile on his face.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Tracee

Deanie:

There's a brand new Core Synergistics DVD for sale on ebay for $9.99 plus $3.00 shipping (seller is roleez1). I've bought from this person before and had no problem. The auction ends May 5th around 9:29 p.m. Good luck!

Marcy

Hi again!

I'm still being the enabler here. I just did another search on ebay and there are about 8 up for sale, a lot of them brand new.

Tracee - I guess it runs in the genes. My father was a salesman! Have a good time tonight watching your son. I think the BB workout comes from Jersey but I can't remember positively. I got it within a few days although I'm much closer than you are. Why don't you send him a message to see when it got shipped?

Marcy

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.