Deanies Rotation Check In 1/4 Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

Today I wanted to do Imax1 intervals 1-5, instead, I slept late, had DOMs from yesterday and will be taking a rest day:) I could NOT get out of bed this morning at 6, and until I started the morning routine, my body was sore! Oh well.... I hate taking a rest day when I didn't plan it. Then I feel bad all day.

Tracee-Did you get your dvd? If not, I would try and find out why. I got mine yesterday and I ordered Jan.1st. It was a fun night last night, UPS came and I got my Ryka sneakers and Cathe dvds!

Gin-feeling up to doing cardio yet?

Off for coffee (I bring my tea!:) ) with the girls this am!

Have a great day!
BBL

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good morning!

Sorry to hear you had a rough start to the day Deanie. I hope it gets better for you and your DOMS get better. :)

It was a great night last night. My new dvd arrived and it was HSC so I was excited because after reading your review Deanie, that is the one I knew I wanted. But in addition to that my husband bought me Low Max and the Cathe calendar. I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to try them out. I also received my replacement dvds. Have you guys gotten yours yet? Do they work without problems? I'm nervous that I'm going to have problems with the new ones because I didn't have any problems with the old ones. I'm waiting to send the old ones back until I've done all of the new ones though.

I did BootCamp this morning and I'm sure I'm going to have DOMS tomorrow. I really like this workout because of the short 1 minute sections. Like Cathe says, you can do anything for a minute. I haven't done this workout since July of 2005 so I was happy to have it back in a rotation.

Deanie - Do you ever go out to the naturally curly hair site? It's filled with great product information and hair tips from other curlies.

Okay, I'm going to try to get some work done. Have a great day!

Tracee

Good Morning Ladies!
Deanie--Sorry you had trouble waking up this morning. Your body probably just needed extra rest. Do you ever w/o later in the day?
What are Ryka sneakers? I am going to try to run tomorrow morning and see how it goes. My leg is a little tender today,though.:-(

Tracee--Yeah on your getting the HSC, Low Max and calendar. Isn't it funny how we can get so excited receiving new exercise stuff? Most people wouldn't understand. Boot Camp is a tough one cardio-wise, but I like it. I haven't recieved my replacement dvds yet, but I pre-ordered at the end. I have had skipping problems with everyone of my new dvds!

I tried to find a "leg friendly" w/o to do today and settled on Kick Max Low Impact timesaver and then added 1 segment of Core Max. I am going to a aqua jog class in a minute. I'm going to have a pedicure this aft...yeah!

Have a great day!
Gin

Tracee- very excited about your new dvds :) :) :)! You will love them! What a nice surprise with low max and the calender!! I was not happy about the replacements- my original dvds worked perfect-no problems. My replacements don't- they have pauses (freezes)in them. I saw on the ask Cathe forum that I'm not the only one and what SNM videos reply was, so I sent my origianls back(still regretting that) I hope yours are okay.

Gin-You must be psychic- I got back about 10 from coffee and immediately did my scheduled workout for today- whew! I feel much happier now. Ryka are the sneakers I wear for working out. They are really good for all the high impact in Cathes' workouts. Their website is www.Ryka.com and I wear the elite II's (not on the website). I order them by phone. Most people go up a 1/2 size, but I have small feet and take my true size. Have a nice time at the pedicure! very nice:)

Have a good day!

Deanie

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm back again. I've really missed checking in with all of you.

Tracee - Congrats on your new DVDs. I'm sure you'll enjoy them and the calendar.

Deanie - Hope you feel better. I hate missing workouts but sometimes your body really needs the extra rest.

Gin - You deserve a pedicure after all that work! I haven't had one in a while. They are so relaxing. Love the foot massage.

I started Cathe's Jan. rotation a day late. Did IMAX 2 on Tuesday along with HSC abs. Yesterday I did SJP but didn't get to do the chest, tris and abs but did the planks so today I did S&H Chest, Triceps and abs. I liked the abs in this one because it focused more on the lower abs. I find Cathe tends to focus more on upper abs in a lot of workouts. Do any of you find this as well? I found the kickbacks a little challenging today. Going up slow for 6 counts was tough. I usually go 10-12 pounds for kickbacks but I could only use 8 with going this slow. Also, the slow pushups were real tough too going down 2 and up for 6 counts. I upped my weights on most sets since the last time I did S&H.

Have a great day everyone!

Marcy

Welcome back Marcy. It's nice to hear from you again. How was your vacation? You can do 10-12 pounds for kickbacks, that's awesome! I can only do 5's most of the time. I try to go heavier with S&H so maybe I'll try to up the weight next time I do that workout.

I sure wish that I could see all of the previous messages when I go to reply because I have a hard time remembering what everyone has said. :D

Gin - I hope you enjoyed your pedicure, I love getting those. I was 35 before I had my first one.

Deanie - Congrats on your new purchases arriving too. I have Ryka's too for my workouts although I'm not sure which version they are.

I may bbl to check in again. I'm pretty bored at work so I have lots of time.

Tracee

Hi Tracee. My vacation was great. It was part househunting and part vacation and we found one and we're about to go to contract. I'm so excited. We saw Rocky and really liked it. Did plenty of shopping. Got some great stuff although I did a bit of damage to my cc.

I love S&H because I can go heavier, at least on most of the exercises. I can't see all the previous messages either so I usually open up another window so I can click back and forth between each.

I'm going dancing tonight so I didn't worry too much about not doing the cardio this morning. I find I do better anyway with more strength training and less cardio so I usually only do cardio about 3x a week.

Will try and check in later.

Marcy

Hi Tracee. My vacation was great. It was part househunting and part vacation and we found one and we're about to go to contract. I'm so excited. We saw Rocky and really liked it. Did plenty of shopping. Got some great stuff although I did a bit of damage to my cc.

I love S&H because I can go heavier, at least on most of the exercises. I can't see all the previous messages either so I usually open up another window so I can click back and forth between each.

I'm going dancing tonight so I didn't worry too much about not doing the cardio this morning. I find I do better anyway with more strength training and less cardio so I usually only do cardio about 3x a week.

Will try and check in later.

Marcy

Hi Marcy, welcome back. Your vacation sounds fun. Congrats on the house, hope everything works for you.

S&H is my favorite weight workouts with Cathe. I also find I can go heavier! And I get great results! I agree with the abs thing. I think in Cathes, older ab work she did do more upper ab work, but with hardcore and the new dvds the abs seem more evenly worked! I know with the new dvds my lower abs are really worked!!

Have a great day all and welcome back Marcy!
Deanie

Marcy--Welcome back! You are one strong woman, lifting 10-12 lbs. on kick backs. It's a good day when I can go to 8# on kbacks!!:p

Deanie--Glad you were still able to get your w/o in. Did you do IMAX? That is one I purchased from ebay. It's a toughie, right? Or is IMAX3 the toughest? I have IMAX2. Thank you for the info on Ryka sneakers. I'll have to look into that. How often do you replace them?

Posting so late, I may have missed everyone.

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.