Deanies Rotation Check In * * * TGIF!* * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls

Today I slept in!! I am just exhausted. Yesterday I was tired and then worked from 8:15-2 and stayed up late again waiting for DH to come home from work. I couldn't get out of bed this morning, so I'm taking the day off and I'll workout Sun. instead of taking Sun. off. I didn't get DOMS from Wed. heavy lifting, but I'm wondering if it is just wearing me out the next 2 days. Does that make sense?

Gin- Did you do abs today? I answered your post last night, but it may have been to late for you to see it in time.

Tracee/Marcy- Hope you have a great workout today.

Off to work- short day today 9-12!:) I think I work more as a sub than if I had a reg. schedule. I have a hard time saying "no"!:)

Later

Deanie

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I was also tired and decided to do B.Baptiste's Soul of Strength Yoga instead of CK. So I will either do CK this aft or tomorrow. Don't know why I am so tired.

Deanie--Yes, I did see your post yesterday...thanks! Your body is probably just telling you that you need to rest. I will sometimes push myself and maybe that makes it worse. I'll bet the director LOVES you for always saying yes to subbing! We love our permanent subs! The only DOMS I have from yesterday are in my lower glute/upper hamstrings. Do you think I can add 1 day of a 3 mile run next week and be okay? I don't want to lose my ability to run the distance. Would it matter what day?

Marcy--I enjoyed Soul of Strength. It was 55 min. but didn't seem that long. He gives instruction for all levels, I like the music,and I think his funny sayings are just that, funny. I think some people are annoyed by his litle rhymes.

Tracee--Is today your leg day? What did you do? Enjoy baseball games. We may go see a friend's son's game tomorrow. I guess we miss it!

Gin
:)

Good morning ladies.

Yesterday was a good day. I received my new troy lite barbell set but haven't used it yet. Everything looked good except the bar was scratched in several places but that's ok. Then I found out this morning that I won my ebay bid for B.Baptiste New Challenge Yoga dvd. I was somewhat surprised because I couldn't get on the computer in the last hour so I thought the original bidder would outbid me but they didn't. I got it for $1.75 plus the $2.00 shipping. Thanks guys for letting me know about this one.

This morning I did LM blasts. Those are tough when you do them all together like that. My legs were screaming on the second one I think. I took a few longer breaks in between and didn't feel like doing kickbox drills at the end since I don't have Kickmax anyway.

Gin - We'll probably be the same way when our kids are no longer in sports, we'll just go to other kid's games. I used to go watch a friends daughter play volleyball because I just love the game.

Deanie - you sound like my sister, she's a "can't say no person too". I am to a certain extent but she wares herself out saying yes. People love her though!!

Have a good day.

Tracee

Good Morning all!

Today was Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. I had a pretty good workout. I managed to finish without hardly taking extra breaks. I guess this one doesn't wear me out as much. I still haven't done any full pullups or chinups yet but I'm getting closer each time. I'm now 3/4 of the way up.

Deanie - I'm feeling real tired too. Yesterday I was dozing off and missed my stop on the train. (Thank goodness it was only one stop!) Today I was dozing off again and thought I missed it but actually woke up in time. I've been taking Saturday as my rest day and doing Kenpo on Sunday the last few weeks. I'm so glad next week is recovery week. I think we all need it!

Gin - Thanks for the review of Soul of Strength. Glad you liked it.

Tracee - Congratulations on getting your barbell and Next Challenge. Just out of curiosity, how long is the barbell? Someone else asked me and I could only tell them how long mine was. I have an EZ line bar but I would like to get the Troylite one. Hope you enjoy Next Challenge.

Have a great day.

Marcy

Good Afternoon-

Gin- Good to know that you don't have DOMs really today. I may do that routine on Sun. I definately think you can add some cardio if you want. I would do it on monday or wednesday, when we are lifting. Next week I would do it on the "core/pilates" day(s). I think it will be fine. And yes, the teachers and director love that I can't say no, but for the last week and this week and next week I am there everyday! And since I already do my own enrichments on mon.,tues, and thurs, on those days I am there till 2! Its alot. On top of all that there are rumors flying around about next year because the director hasn't told anyone whats happening. So I still don't know if I will be perminant or not next year. I definatly work more as a sub and the money is nice, but I think 3 days would be perfect for me. Keep your fingers crossed for me:)

Tracee- Whoo hoo! That is a GREAT price for the dvd!!! Congrats! Let me know how you like your barbell. Mine is 5' and I like it. How was your sons game?

Marcy- I'm glad I'm not the only one tired:) My kids went to bed last night at 8:30, and I so wanted to crash then myself, but needed to go over things with DH without the kids hearing, sooo..... I'm glad you woke up in time for your stop today!

Off to my pedicure, now that summer is coming, I try to go once a month! No naked toes for me in the summer:* :7

Deanie

Marcy - I got my Troy Lite bar through fitness 1st and the description on their site says the bar is 54" so I think that makes it 4.5 feet. Glad you didn't miss your stop today. I've always lived in a place where I drive myself so the thought of falling asleep on the train just made me laugh. It would totally be something I can see myself doing.

My mom has told me that she thinks I'm too skinny and I should stop exercising or at least back off a little. I told her I'm not doing it to lose weight but she just kept saying I shouldn't lose anymore. Honestly, I really can't help it if I continue to lose weight. I'm really just trying to tone up my abdominals and build muscle. Do you guys have people in your family who say things like that to you?

I went to a store a lunch thinking I was going to buy a bathing suit. I had picked out two suits on their online site but wanted to try them on first. Unfortunately, they didn't look as nice in person so I'm back to square one. I'd like to get one from Lands End but they are pricey. I don't where my suit very often so I hate to spend a ton of money. Where do you guys buy your bathing suits?

Have a good weekend. I'll check back later.

Tracee

Deanie - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'll be getting a pedicure shortly too. I can't wait to start wearing my sandals. Next week will be in the 70s here and no rain for quite a few days.

Tracee - Once when I told my mother I had lost weight and was weightlifting, all she said was something like "don't bulk up too much". My DH is supportive and likes the way I look but just doesn't want it to interfere with his time on the weekends. I know it's hard, but try not to let people's comments get to you. You know you're doing the right thing by being healthy. Because you're building muscle, you look thinner because muscle is more dense than fat. I actually haven't bought a bathing suit in a while but need to get some new ones on account of my new figure and all. I've been going through my closets a lot lately and trying to get rid of all the stuff that doesn't fit anymore. I've gotten rid of quite a lot. I need to get a whole new wardrobe. I have stuff for the weekends but need new work clothes. It's funny how I spend so much money on workout videos but I always hesitate when buying clothes.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Tracee--Congrats on winning the BB yoga dvd. I think we all have it now. I wondered about your name and the connection with volleyball. I used to love to play..years ago! LM Blasts were tough. 23 min. doesn't sound long, but my HR was up there. How much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking? My mother has said that to me before also. She didn't like me running when I first started. I think she thought it was too masculine and I'm sure weights are the same way. She is 78 and just a different generation. She's fine with it all now. I bought my bathing suit at a dept store. A tankini so I could buy 1 size top and another size bottom. They are so $$ and why??

Marcy--Yeah to your getting closer on those pullups and chinups!! No more falling asleep on the train!!

Deanie--Enjoy your pedicure....such a nice treat. Hope you get the 3 day position next year. I'm sure you would like to know soon.

I'm trying to decide if I have enough energy to do CK now.:7

Gin

Thanks Gin and Marcy. It sounds like you've had similar conversations with your family too. It mainly bothered me that I couldn't get her to see that I was doing a good thing and I wasn't doing anything unhealthy. She has always struggled with her weight so I'm sure it bothers her to think that I'm losing weight when she can't.

Gin - I was surprised last week at the doctor's office to see that their scale said I weighed 123. For all of my adult years I've been around 135. Last year it started to come down and I've been hovering around 130. I weighed 125 in high school which was 20 years ago so I'm sure I do look thin to her since I haven't been this weight in a long time.

The bad part about losing some weight is that I lose it in my butt and chest and I didn't have a lot in those areas to begin with. Ha!

Gin - Go do CK. Since I didn't get a full workout in today, I think somebody should. }(

Deanie - enjoy your pedicure. I love treating myself to them too. Can you beleive I was 35 before I had my first one?

Tracee

Tracee:

I weigh 122. In high school, I was between 102-105. When I met my DH, he got me into a bad habit of snacking at night. I think that's how I gained the extra 20 pounds. I was at 142 when I started with Cathe. The most I ever weighed was 145 when I was nine months pregnant with DS. I don't mind giving you some of my chest although I think I've lost some of it since I lost the weight. I know I've lost inches. I think I'm going to have to buy new bras as well as everything else.

Marcy

I probably missed you all but....

Tracee- I was 106ish in H.S., started working out in college (nautilus and aerobics) and went to 113ish (still same size clothes) and stayed that weight till my first pregnancy. I actually lost weight after my son was born and went back to 106. After my second son was born I gained a lot of weight during the preg. (long story) and lost all but the last 10 pounds, which I still had 2 years later. I was still within healthy weight for my height, but not for me. So I did WW and got to 106. Then I found Cathe, I actually weigh about 124 (last year at drs) and I am still the same size clothes I always was when I was 106 so I never use the scale, I usually judge by how my clothes fit. I have occasionally been called skinny, but mostly because of my figure, people say I'm trim. which is fine by me. My DH is very supportive, and no one's ever said to stop working out to me, but my whole family is active with working out in some way.

I bought new bathing suits last year from Ann Taylor Loft and Dicks Sporting Goods. I usually buy the tankinis also, I have an umbilical hernia (from pregnancy) which I think is yucky looking!:)

Gin- did you do CK? Its so hard for me to get motivated in the afternoons!

Marcy- by next month I'm sure you'll have the chin ups and pull ups under your belt!

We have a day of baseball again tomorrow! I will try and check in this weekend

Deanie

Regarding being tired and hungry, this was what someone answered me at my other check-in:

"Marcy: Phase I and II found me X-hausted. In Phase III I found I had all this newfound energy. One thing--I slept great at night during the whole 3 months. In Phase I I had an unsatiable appetite as well!!"

Sounds like we have another month before we all start feeling energized again.

Deanie: Hope you have a great day of baseball tomorrow.

This Sunday is our open house. Wish me luck! The sooner we sell, the sooner I get my new workout room!:)

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll try and check in at some point on the weekend.

Marcy

HOORAY FOR ME!!! I JUST DID CK THANKS TO TRACEE!! I was actually talking myself out of it and Tracee guilted me into it. Thank you!! I have had trouble with cardio this week, but this time I felt great. Don't know if it's just an easier workout or I added a few carbs in the last 24 hours and that helped.

Do I have to confess my weight now??:eek: My weight is 128 and I was around 122-124 last summer and fall. Then I started taking the Pill. Don't know if that is the cause, but I cannot get rid of the weight. I am 5'6".

I'm sure everyone is gone for the weekend, but I just had to post my "CK NEWS"!!:7 :+ :7

Have a great weekend!
Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.