Deanies Rotation Check In * * * Fun Friday* * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was core synergistics and it seemed a little harder today than last time. I did up my weights.

last night both boys won thier baseball games:)

Today is the lunch cruise on the potamac with the 5th grade!! very excited!!! so quickly my stats:

stack foot/ stagger hand pushups: 3 sets
leaning cresent lunges: 5#
squat run 5#
sphinx pushups 13
lunge and reach 7#
squat x press 8#
lunge kickack etc...7#
towel hopping....the full min. (last time 30 sec.)

everything else I just completed in the tiime frame. most times I didn't bother counting reps because of the clock.

off to make lunch for the cruise, its all fried food so I am bringing my own:)

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!
BBL,

Deanie:*

Forgot I wanted to add..

I liked Cathes June rotation!!! The only thing with those rotations are do I still lift heavy all the time with the Pyramids and S&H?

Deanie

Good Morning and Happy "Fun Friday"!!

Today I ran 3 miles with my friends and then did BB's Unlocking Athletic Power yoga. I like this one the best of his dvds. I like the music better, it's only 27 min. and filmed with a live class. I think it is sold as a set of 3, but I bought it a few years ago at Half Price Books by itself. I may want the other 2 at some point. Not sure what they are called. One is Core Power?

*** There are so many yummy fruits to choose from this time of year. What are your favorite fruits? I love all the berries and peaches!:9

Deanie--Enjoy your cruise today. I'm glad you can go with your DS's class....Fun! I really like Core Syn. It's not easy, just different. Good for you for going up in weights. I just stayed with 5#, so I wouldn't have to think. I did see Cathe's June rotation. I should be getting S&H today, but I don't have PUB/PLB. Should we add more cardio next rotation and take a break from heavy weights??? I don't know.

Marcy--Is Core Syn. only used during "recovery week"?

Tracee--Have a great day and great workout.

Gin (who is so happy to be treating herself to a pedicure today!!:D )

Hi Ladies!

Today was Core Syn again. I did pretty much the same as Tuesday with weights and reps but with the table leg raise dips I went up 5 reps to 40. Prison cell pushups seemed a little easier and I did all Dreya rolls without pushing off my hands. I was pretty tired this morning after dancing last night. I almost didn't finish the last 3 bonus exercises but I always like to finish the whole workout so I kept going. I still have to work on the towel hopping as I'm not jumping for the whole time yet.

Gin: Yes, Core Syn is only done during recovery week. Enjoy your pedicure. I can't wait to get one myself. I LOVE blueberries. They're my favorite summer fruit. I also like plums, nectarines, peaches, pears. Anything except melons; never liked melons.

Tracee - Have a great workout.

Deanie - Congrats to your DSs on their wins. Have a great time on your cruise! I did like Cathe's June rotation but if I do it, I am tweaking it somewhat. It's too much cardio for me so I will be subbing for yoga (usually on the days when she has a treadmill run or something of that sort). Now that I've found that heavy lifting works best for me, should I even bother doing endurance work? or do I need to take a break from heavy lifting for a little bit? I guess we all have the same issue.

Have a great day all.

Marcy

Hi ladies.

I enjoyed Core Syn. again today. I thought I could go up to 8#'s on all of the exercises but after the first one with weights I decided to do the rest with 5#'s. My shoulders and upper arms were more tired holding the planks and push ups after using the 8#'s this time. I did better on the Dreya rolls this time too and I need to work on the towel hopping as well. I did 30 seconds of two foot jumps and then switched to one foot jumps.

Marcy - I agree with what you said about Cathe's June rotation. I too would sub. a yoga day for one of the cardio days. I'm also confused about staying with heavy lifting or taking a break and doing some endurance.

Gin - I love strawberries and plums this time of year. Enjoy your pedicure, I really need to treat myself to one of those soon.

Deanie - Congrats to your boy's for winning their games. It's much more fun when they win. My son won his game last night too and it was close right up until the last inning. We have another tournament this weekend and I hope it doesn't get ruined with the predicted rain.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'll try to check in as much as possible.

Tracee

Hey guys!

First of all, the cruise was great!!! My DS even talked to me!:) (at this age, I never know!)

I am copying this from what cathe answered someone about workout routines and one body part a day workouts. I think I am going to try to stick to it.:: You have to find what works for you and then continue to make changes (sometimes subtle and at times even all out radical) to keep the results coming." Keep in mind no matter what your preferred routine, change is good. So even if you find a training mode that you simply love, you will still need to change it up somehow to keep your body from adapting and getting too comfortable with the current program. Subtle changes are mostly all you need to keep the body guessing, but every now and then it's "shockingly" valuable to just do something totally different for 2 to 3 weeks.

From my personal experience, I have found the one body part per day to work best for me when I am at the top of my game, seasoned and ready to meet higher challenges. I put a new twist on my body part exercises and really go for it. After about 6 weeks of one body part per day I'll go to a three day split (or 4 day split) for a while. Then I'll go back to one body part but with new exercises, but this time every other week I'll throw a total body workout as a bonus workout. Then I may do total body endurance workouts for about three weeks to let the joints and ligaments and connective tissue recover before going back to high intensity. ::

So I think next month I will follow a Cathe heavy lifting rotation, or shock my body with extra cardio and then go back to heavy lifting.(still not sure) but I will make heavy lifting my "most of the time routine" I will say, since I find I have good results from Cathes rotation, I will use them as is.

Marcy- I hope the above helps answer your question about what to do next. I think you should do muscle endurance, even if its only one month a year. Same for alot of cardio in a rotation. JMHO

Gin-I hope you got a fun color for your pedicure (I have sparkly orange, looks great with a tan!) My favorite summer fruits are blueberries and peaches!

Tracee- I hope your sons tournament is fun! At least you can work on your tan while you watch him! Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

Have a good weekend all!
Deanie

Deanie:

Thank you for researching the issue and yes, it does answer my question so I'll do some type of muscle endurance for a few weeks. I don't know if I'll do a full rotation. I thought you were doing heavy lifting with our rotation so wouldn't you want to do some muscle endurance as well? I might do some total body workouts or circuits. I just haven't decided yet. So much to choose from. I will definitely have heavy lifting as my "most of the time routine" as well. I will be using the IMAXes again for sure. I really miss them.

I'm glad your cruise went well and yes, it's great your DS is still talking to you. It's like pulling teeth trying to get ours to talk. He was never that talkative to begin with. Occasionally he'll actually sit down with us and partake in the discussion but those times are too far and few between.

We're having another open house this weekend. I hope we have better luck this time. We lowered our price so I'm hoping that helps.

Have a good weekend.

Marcy

Hi Again!

Back from errands and pedicure. I choose a dark orangy red. I have a big ugly bruise on my big toe that I need to cover. Way back in October, my dad's wheelchair (he was waiting for surgery)went down on my foot! Double OUCH!!x(
Okay...I am totally confused as to what to do next. I like heavy lifting, but think I need more cardio. You guys know a lot more than I do about this, so I'll follow your lead, if you don't mind.

Marcy--Good luck with the Open House.

Tracee--Enjoy your DS's tournament this weekend and hope it deosn't rain.

Deanie--Glad you enjoyed the cruise and your son must have enjoyed having you there!:) Neither of my sons talked to me about much of anything(typical boys!) until they left for college. Then I guess I wasn't as much as a threat?!?!

Have a great weekend. I'll try to check in.
Gin:)

Hi!

Gin - If doing more cardio works for you, then by all means do more. It just has a negative effect for me. My lean muscle mass goes down when I do more cardio.

I'll try to check in as well if I can. Have a great weekend.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.