Deanie's Rotation Check-In **Terrific Tuesday**6/5

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Today was week 9, day 3, so I did Sh, Tris, Bis and Abs with SS/PP and for abs did C&W and CTX Kick Box Planks. Don't think I went up in weight with anything. 17# is the heaviest I can do biceps. The rear delt fly sequence she does in SS on the stability ball killed me with 5#!
I am trading 3 of my old Firm vhs tapes for PUB, PLB and Leaner Legs on vhs with someone on the video fitness board. I would rather have dvd, but didn't figure I would use the premixes in PUB/plb very much. Does anyone have Leaner Legs and what do you think of it?

Marcy--I am not working this summer. I just meant I need to get a life, so I can be busier.;-) This is the first summer that I haven't worked or had kids at home!

Tracee--Actually the headstand postion is relaxing (against the wall anyway!) I guess you are using your core and maybe upper body.

Deanie--I guess you are still not able to use your computer.

Have a great day ladies!
Gin

Good Morning Ladies!

Instead of Plyo X today, I subbed with Amy Bento's Hi-Lo Xtreme. This was the first time I did this workout and I enjoyed it. Not quite as intense as the IMAXes (although neither is Plyo X) but it comes pretty close to the intensity of IMAX 2. The choreography is more athletic in style and is probably most like MIC (without the dread factor) and also like the hi-lo portion of SJP. She used some of Cathe's music (which I liked). I can't remember which workout the first song is from but I know for the stretch she used the same music as the Kick Max stretch. The music was great and made me want to move.

Deanie - I hope your computer gets fixed fast. We miss you.

Gin - Congrats on getting your new workouts. I don't have Leaner Legs but from what I hear its uber tough.
Here's Cathe's description:

"Leaner Legs" in our series of six workouts is an extensive lower body workout which focuses on all of the muscles of the legs and buttocks. Through the use of hi reps and medium to heavy weight, you will engage in a medley of stylized rep variations to completely challenge all areas of the lower leg. This workout concludes with abdominal exercises and a soothing stretch.
Leaner Legs Format: 3 minute stationary warm up, 33 minutes ALL LEG exercises, 9 minutes of ABS, stretch 4 minutes. Watch the clip, it will give you a good idea of what it's like.

I think I only used a premix one time on the Pyramids. The premixes are only pyramid up or pyramid down so you could basically just fast forward for a quicker workout. 17# is great for biceps. I'll be happy if I can do bis with 17# by the end of this rotation. I already got my new IMAX 2/C&W DVD. I paid on Saturday and got it yesterday! I can finally do C&W abs again. Enjoy your summer. You're finally free!

Tracee: Hope you have a great workout.

Have a great day all.

Marcy

Good afternoon.

Today was LowMax for me. I had a few moments of disinterest during the beginning of the workout but I stuck with it and did an hour.

Gin - You should be so proud of 17#'s for biceps, that is huge!! From what I can remember of Leaner Legs it is really tough. It was never one that I grabbed much because it was so hard for me. I'm sure it's a great workout because it is so tough. I only have PUB and PLB on video too and it's not too bad.

Marcy - Congrats on getting the dvd. Where do you store all of your workouts? I'd love to see a picture of your collection some time. :)

Deanie - We miss you, hope you get your computer fixed soon.

Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

Tracee

Hi again,

Tracee - My DH had bought 2 DVD shelf units from BJs which hold about 84 DVDs each. At the time he bought them for himself for all his PS2 games. I gradually took over 3 of the shelves. I also have a drawer in my entertainment center that has come and then I have in a cabinet in my wall unit. I can't wait to move and get a DVD cabinet all to myself. I saw some at deepdiscount.com that I liked and weren't too expensive. One of these days I'll have to figure out how to put pictures on here so you can see my collection. If you think I have a lot, there are people over at videofitness that have 500-1000 workouts. At least I'm not that bad!

Good for you for sticking with Low Max for an hour. I find that I don't want cardio for more than an hour anymore. I get a good workout with Low Max but it takes me a little while to get my heart rate up. A while ago I did the the blasts premix and it was good.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Marcy--Glad you enjoyed HiLo Extreme. It's weird to me to hear the music Cathe uses in another workout. I have heard Leaner Legs called "Meaner Legs". I did watch the clip. I still have The Firm Standing Legs which I always thought was their toughest workout. I should try it again to see what I think now. I can't believe you already received IMAX2/C&W!! That was fast. The abs on C&W are my favs! My DH only THINKS I have a problem with my collection of about 40 workout dvds. I'll have to tell him about you! ;-)

Tracee--Good for you for sticking with LowMax. Sometimes you have to just talk yourself into finishing and you did it!:)

Deanie--We miss you!:-(

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.