Deanie & Friends.......Thursday 8/30

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls:)

Today was GS C&T and I did a 20 min. steady state run~just for fun! I did the C&T with the mix and match like Marcy and Tracee did last week. It was okay.

stats:
bench press: 3 sets 27# 8 reps
fly: 2 sets 20#/12 reps, 1 set 20# 10 reps
incline bench: 3 sets 25# 8 reps (up from last week)
incline fly: 3sets 20# 12 reps (up reps from last week)
close grip press: 40 lbs. and bonus reps
dips with 40# bbl
tri extension: 10# all sets
french press 25#
lying cross body: 12# 10 reps
kickbacks: 8# ( I dropped on purpose, really wanted to workon my form!)
I had a really good workout and even enjoyed my run this morning!

Running late,
will BBL,

Deanie:*

Okay, time before work for personals....

Gin~ I did all the pushups on my toes today for you!!:) The dread factor for me now, is just thinking about doing all those 72 pushups~ not actually doing them! How did you do? I don't know about you, but being in work is tiring me out!! I went to bed again last night at 9pm. I hope I can stay away for mahjong tonight:eek:

Marcy~ I actually didn't see that you posted for thurs. till after I did mine. I didn't even look before I posted, because I posted so early, I assumed I would be first. And we all know what happens when we assume!!!LOL :) I like your rotation. I printed it out, but I am not sure I'm going to do it. I've been pushing myself with the heavier weights this month, and I want to give my body a rest with the intense workouts before the new series; Still not sure what I am going to do. I know you posted 2 diff. rotations, what you are doing next month? I hope you had a good workout today!

Tracee~ How did it go with the "meeting the teacher" last night? I hope you had a good workout today. Did you do GS C&T with the mix and match? Also, I saw your picture, and I'm sure you would be fine with out makeup:) The make up we got was Estee Lauder, I think that is good makeup, I feel bad its just going to waste for me, so maybe I will try it. The last time I wore makeup, I felt like I did it wrong and looked like a clown!!!LOL

Have a great day all!!
I miss "chatting" during the day, hopefully things will calm down once school actually starts and I will be able to leave at noon! (been there till 2 this week!)

I am thinking maybe I would like to do a week using PH, one week using ME, OH! I don't know~ so confusing! HOpefully Cathe will post a rotation to get us ready for the new workouts, and I won't have to think at allllll!!!!:+ :+ :+

Good Morning!

Today I also did GS C&T, but no run today. I ran yesterday and will tomorrow. I also decided to go the mix & match route. Good news...I was able to go up to 10# for the cross body extensions.

Marcy--Thanks for the one body part a day rotation. It looks good and looks like it was a lot of work for you to put together. Thank you!! :)

Deanie--Hope you have a good day today at school We have a speaker and then lunch with our new pastor. I have enjoyed not having to make my lunch this week.:p

Tracee--What workout did you do today?

Gin:)

Hi everyone. Today I did C&T but now running. I just don't have time to add in an extra 20 minutes. I did the workout with the mix n match and liked it again. I stayed pretty close to the same weights as last time but was able to go the full reps on all but a few exercises.

Marcy - I like your rotation even though I've only looked over it quickly. I don't think I'll have to make too many adjustments to it so that's a good thing. The only workouts I noticed that I don't have are MM and HSTA. I forgot about those yesterday when I said I thought I had all of her strength workouts. :)

Deanie - Good job on the weights and the pushups. That is a hard workout to do if you're mind isn't into it. At least that's how I feel. Did the boys get up for school easily today or is the tiredness really hitting them?

Gin - Are you adjusting well to having to get up earlier now that you're back to work?

Have a great day everyone. I'm leaving my office at noon so I'm not sure if I'll get another chance to check in.

Tracee

Deanie--Saw that we posted at the same time. Yes, I DID do all of the pushups on my toesies! YAHOOOOO!! And glad to hear that you did join me!
I have been quite tired this week from school.

Have a great day!

Hi Girls!

Today was GS C&T. I will be going dancing tonight. I also did the mix-n-match.

Stats:

Bench Press: Sets 1&2 - 21# 12 reps, Set 3 - 21# 10 reps (up 2#)
Chest Flys: Set 1 - 21#, 8 reps (up 2#), Set 2 - 19# 12 reps, Set 3, 19# - 8 reps
Incline Chest Press: Set 1: 21# - 10 reps (up 2#), Set 2: 19# - 10 reps
Incline Flys: Set 1: 21# - 10 reps (up 2#), Set 2: 19# - 10 reps
Bbl Close Grip Press: Both sets 40# and did bonus
Dips: with 40# bbl
Lying Extensions: 13# both sets (will go higher next time)
Seated Extensions: 29# both sets (up 4#)
Cross Body Extensions: Set 1: 15#, 8 reps (up 2#), Set 2: 13#, 12 reps
Kickbacks: 15#

I can't believe I finally went higher than Cathe on chest! Woo hoo!

Deanie - I'm glad you liked the rotation but I understand what you mean with the heavy lifting. I did try to incorporate some endurance with the heavy lifting to balance it out a little and I tried not to repeat any moves. Your gift bag sounded great. That was really sweet of your director to do that for all of you. It's been so long since I've done PH or ME. Those are two of my most dreaded workouts. I guess it might be good to do circuits or maybe just full body 3x a week. I'd actually like to do Jari's Ripped to the Core again. I'm so confused with all our options.

Gin - I thought of you when I was doing the pushups today. Managed to do them without any rest again. Great work on the cross body extensions and the pushups:). It was a lot of work putting the rotation together but fun too.

Tracee - Hope your "meet the teacher" went well. For HSTA, you could substitute Boot Camp cardio or High Step Challenge Cardio. For Muscle Max, you could substitute MIS.

Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Marcy~ great workout today! }( }( Have fun dancing tonight! I love PH, but have a huge dread factor with ME. I think its all the leg presses! I feel the same way about all the options~ too many! I am much better with less to choose from. As of now, I'm thinking of doing either Fitness Freaks total body/ endurance rotation august 2006, or Cathes: May 07 or Feb 07. I really wish I knew when we were getting the new workouts, it would help me decide better. I am leaning toward fitness freaks, or may 07. Still have a week and a half to decide, and maybe cathe will post the perfect rotation for us all.

Gin~ How was your guest speaker and lunch? My guest speaker was amazing!!! She talked about the importance of learning thru play, having a theme to be interwoven into the ciriculum throughout the year and for the 4's having to get the kids "kindergarten ready" and what that really means. Amazing presentation! I could go on and on, but I won't!!LOL :7 :D

Tomorrow is a work day, but my class is all set up, so I am off tomorrow:)

Have a great evening!
thinking of doing B&G premix floorwork and abs tomorrow(?) we'll see...

PS wore my new boot/mules with a mini denim skirt and got a lot of compliments on them. And they were comfy!~love my boots:*

Deanie - B&G premix sounds like a good idea for tomorrow. That way I'll possibly even have time for Stretch Max. I'll look over the rotations you suggested and see if I like. Sounds like you're going to be one cool looking teacher with your new outfit and new makeup.:)

Marcy

Deanie - Would you paste FitnessFreak's August '06 rotation? I did a search but I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

I told the other teachers that I would make smiley face sugar cookies for our Get Acquainted Day tomorrow. So I need to go the store, make the cookies and we are going to a dinner tonight.....YIKES!! What WAS I thinking?

Deanie--Your outfit sounds too cute! Glad you enjoyed your speaker. Ours spoke about Observation as Assessment and Teaching Tool. Lunch with the new pastor was good too, but the best part....the new pastor named the 2 teachers that had been teaching there the longest and "rewarded" our dedication with a $ 75.00 Am. Express gc. :7 :7 :7 I was so surprised! Okay, you guys can appreciate this. In my mind I was thinking, what Cathe dvd do I not have that I can use this for??;-)

Marcy--I will have to look up the other rotations. I am very confused as to what to do. Enjoy dancing tonight.

Hi Tracee!

Gin~ enjoy spending your gift card!!!~ How nice:) :) to be honored!! So..., what Cathe dvds are you getting?:) :) I hope your cookies turn out yummy!

Marcy~ Here is Debbies rotation. I had printed it out, but had a hard time finding it thru the computer~ don't know why. If we/I go with this, I may be subbing a TM day for a day of cardio.

This is more endurance, but I think if you go as heavy as you can with Muscle Max and Pyramids, you can also build some strength and muscle. This will sculpt your body and bring in some definition.

Week 1
Day 1: Muscle Endurance
Day 2: Kick, Punch & Crunch
Day 3: High Step Training Advanced
Day 4: Low Max
Day 5: Muscle Max (go as heavy as you can)
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Step Blast

Week 2
Day 1: Power Hour
Day 2: Cardio Kicks
Day 3: Boot Camp
Day 4: C&W Step only premix, Step, Jump & Pump Step Premix (you can skip the warm up in SJ&P)
Day 5: Muscle Max (again, go as heavy as you can)
Day 7: Power Max

Week 3
Day 1: Maximum Intensity Strength
Day 2: Kick Max
Day 3: High Step Challenge (Hardcore series)
Day 4: Power Max
Day 5: Muscle Max (again again, go as heavy as you can)
Day 7: Imax 2

Week 4
Day 1: Muscle Endurance
Day 2: CTX Kickbox & CTX 10-10-10
Day 3: Step, Jump & Pump
Day 4: Pyramid Lower Body
Day 5: Pyramid Upper Body
Day 7: Imax 3

Generic breakdown:

Week 1
Day 1: Total body workout
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Circuit workout
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: Total body workout
Day 7: Cardio

Week 2

Week 3

Week
Day 4: Lower body workout
Day 5: Upper body workout

Enjoy!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.