Deanie & Friends^^^^^Tuesday^^^9/11

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was HSC. I think this is the easiest circuit Cathe has (or maybe tied with C&W) I really like it, but I think the first cycle is the hardest and from there on out: easy.

Tracee~ I do the same thing as Gin. On Sat. I take out all the dvds I need for the week and put them in the 5 disc player in order. That way I don't have to think in the morning :) I hope you got a good start today!

Marcy~ I am jealous you lost inches on the last rotation.:) I really wanted to loose inches or a 1/2 inch in my hips. I stayed the same with my measurements.

Gin~ How was HSC for you? Were your calves sore from KPC yesterday? mine were!

Have a good day all,
BBL, (lots of cooking to do this afternoon for the holiday!) So I will be around. I will probably be checking the site every 5 min. after work, Cathe will be posting some clips today or tomorrow, but she said she would try for today. Also, I hope Brenda is okay.

Deanie

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was also HSC. Unlike Deanie, I thought it was challenging.:p Not as tough as HSTA, but certainly not easy. I did enjoy it!

Deanie--My calves were not sore, but they aren't very often. Maybe b/c of the running that I do. I too am anxiously waiting for the new clip on the blog!:) What is going on with Brenda? I missed that. Enjoy your holiday cooking.

Tracee and Marcy--What w/o did you girls do today?

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Good Morning Ladies!

I did KPC today starting out with the intermediate drills. I burned 383 calories. I liked it this way too. I remember the ab work in this being so hard for me when I first started and now it's pretty easy for me. I'll let you know tomorrow if I find HSC easy or hard. C&W is the easiest circuit for me right now. Most people find it easier than HSTA. My calves aren't sore from KPC. I can't wait for the video clip. This waiting is sheer torture! Since this rotation has a little too much cardio for me, tomorrow I'll be doing some leg work instead.

Deanie - Are you making matzoh balls and latkes? Those are two of my favorites. I'm glad you'll be around this afternoon. It's been kind of quiet with you ladies going back to work.

Gin - It seems Brenda fractured her hip during an Ironman competition and has gone through surgery.

Tracee - What did you wind up doing today?

Marcy

Good Afternoon Girls :)

Gin~ I hope you are enjoying school and the kids.

Tracee~ I hope you got a workout in today.

Marcy~ I am making brisket and potatoes (it always tastes better the next day) and a choc. dessert today. Tomorrow I am making matzah ball soup for dinner (that doesn't take to long). I was wondering if you were going to follow the rotation with all its cardio:) Are you going to be trying the "freestyle" leg work that carol on the boards does?

Deanie

Deanie - I don't know what "freestyle" leg work you're referring to. Can you give me a hint? For tomorrow, I was thinking of doing KM's leg drills, the leg work from Kim Spreen's Cardio Camp and the leg toning/ab work from Patrick Goudeau's MAD Moves. I still might change it but that's where I'm headed.

Marcy

Good afternoon. I intended to get on here first thing this morning but our internet wasn't working at work so this is my first chance to get on here. I'm having withdrawal. :eek:

I did KPC this morning and it felt good. I agree with you Marcy, the abs in this one used to be really tough for me and now they are perfect. I haven't done abs in a while so I thought I wouldn't be able to do all the pikes but I did.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to make the rotations easier for me. I actually am going to go through it today and figure out a replacement workout for all of the days that I don't have the right one.

Marcy - I agree with you about the amount of cardio in this rotation. I won't be doing all of it either.

Deanie - have fun with your holiday cooking. It sounds like you enjoy cooking and baking. I would enjoy it a lot more if someone would do all the shopping for me and the cleaning up. :)

Gin - HSC is on the schedule for me tomorrow and I agree with you that it's a pretty tough one. It gets better as it goes along but I feel like she rushes through the first cycle.

BBL

Tracee

Tracee~ I do like cooking and baking :) But I would like for someone to clean up (besides me) When my in-laws come, my MIL and I make a good team: I cook, she cleans up! And of course the men just enjoy the dinner;) I do have to say, my DH does clear the table for me every night, so I do get to relax before I cleanup! Glad we could help with making the rotations easier! I agree with you, it does feel like Cathe rushes thru the first cycle in HSC.

Marcy~ I'm not exactly sure what freestyle is, something with working your legs 5-6 times a week with little or no weights (?) I think if you do a search on open discussion forum Carols posts come up.

Gin~ Does your school have enrichments? My school just called and asked if I would do a monday enrichment from 12-2. So I said I'd do it, but only commmitted to do it thru Nov. I hope I didn't bite off more than I could chew. They were in a bind, and since they were, I felt bad about saying no! Again, I must learn to say no!!!:)

Deanie

PS~ I found both a drum teacher and guitar teacher for my kids!! They both came highly recommended! yeah!

Hi Again!

Could any of you see the new clips? When I click on the button, the old ones still come up but some people are seeing the new ones.

Deanie - 5-6 times sounds like a little too much to me but I think it helped last month that we were doing two days of legs. I will do the search though. I hope the music teacher works out for your kids.

Marcy

WOW!!!! I just viewed the clip!!!! WOW!!

I was able to get all the foot work right away from the last series. I don't think I will be able to this time! The foot work looks tough. The kickbox looks great, but also tough! Can't wait!!

Marcy~ hope the search works for you.

Deanie

I just saw the clip. I think I'm going to like the kickbox and the around the clock pushups look good too. The step is a little dancier than the last series so I might like it. Off to go in search of freestyle legs.

Marcy

DS just came home and told me in gym class they have to do 45 pushups in a row for a "gold". When I said I could do that, he challenged me, so..... I did 45 pushups on my toes in a row without stopping!! I even impressed myself:)
Deanie

Deanie - WTG on the pushups! I did the search on freestyle and founds lots of info. I have to see what I'm going to do. Did you ever do the iballet you got and if you did, how was it? I think these might be the answer for me. I'm not crazy about no video although I'm sure I won't have a problem with doing the exercises.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Wow you girls have been awfully busy while I was gone!;-)

Now what is wrong with all 3 of you girls, that you don't like all of this cardio that we are doing??

Marcy--I loved the clip. I think I am going to need more room though to do a lot of the new moves! I did read about Brenda. Poor thing! I hate that she had to go through that. She told us on the RT that she was training for the ironman and on the day that she did the step class next to me, she had just finished a 20 mile training run!!

Tracee--I hope it helps to have the videos lined up. HSC does move quickly, but I guess she just wants to keep our HR up during the weight work. Enjoy it tomorrow.:)

Deanie--Yum on the brisket, chocolate dessert and matzah ball soup.:9 I would be like your MIL and would rather be the "cleaner-upper" than the cooker!!:7 We do not have "enrichments", but have a Child Care section that is open from 8:45-3:00 that the parents can sign up for after school. Child Care has a schedule of activities (outside time, circle, play in the room,etc.) but not "enrichment". What will you be doing? WTG on the 45 pushups. I'm sure you are the ONLY mom in his class that can do that!:7

Gin

Wow, you guys have been chatty today, I love it!!

I just viewed most of the clip and I've got to say that I'm very excited. The step moves look new and exciting and tricky. Those round the clock pushups look like fun and I can't believe I'm saying that about pushups. The only thing that seemed disappointing was in the blog it sounds like it's going to be October before we'll be getting the discs. I know they didn't give a date but it sure sounded like they had a lot to do before they got to the mailing stage.

Deanie - you sound so much like my sister, she has a hard time saying no too.

Have a great evening everyone.

Tracee

I probably missed you guys but.....

Marcy~ I never actually did the iballet. I always seem to be doing Cathe workouts instead. :)

Gin~ I will be teaching the science to the kids.

Tracee~ I'm okay with the Oct. date. I want to finish this rotation.

I am okay with the cardio on this rotation. I am going to do it and see if I can keep up with Gin:) LOL!!!

Deanie

Deanie--
You made me laugh on that one. Not only could you keep up with me, but I would be eating your DUST as you flew by me!!:p }( :p
How long would your science lesson be and what age would you be teaching? I do 15 min. science lessons once a week now and when teaching Pre-K ( 5 year olds) we taught 30 min. science. The kids LOVE it! Let me know if you need any ideas.

Gin

Gin~ The science lessons are 20ish min. and they are for 4 year olds. I will only be the asst. but if we need ideas I will check with you!:) Thanks.

Oh! and you are the reigning "Cardio Queen" (insert smilie with tiarra!) :)

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.