Deanie & Friends^^^^^Tuesday^^^8/4

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning All:)

Today was Imax 1. At first, during the first blast, I didn't think I was going to make it all the way thru. The next thing I knew, I was finishing blast 10! Working out at 5:30 vs. 7(like the last 3 days) is hard:)

It is meet and greet today at my school. The kids come in with their parents at a scheduled time, meet the teachers and see the classroom.

Gin~ What did you do today. Marcy and I answered your post yesterday, don't know if you saw. Is today the first day of school for you? Have fun!

Marcy~ I know what you mean about moving on from GS. I am ready too. How was your workout today?

Tracee~ I hope you are with us next month for the rotation. did you get a workout in this morning?

Have a great day all,
BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was also IMAX1 for me, but I had alot of trouble sleeping last night and woke up late so just did w/u and 1-5 and stretch (43min.) so I plan to do the rest after school. That w/u was 15 min.!! Guess I'll have to do it again.

Deanie--Hope you enjoy your meet and greet at school today. Let me know about it! Yes, I did see yours and Marcy's post yesterday. Thank you. You know, "overkill" is my middle name.:eek: I may have to switch things around. I always feel like I need and want to do it all!

Marcy and Tracee--Was it an IMAX day for you both also? And Tracee..Hope your kids have a good first day back! Marcy..When I was up at 2am I saw the p90x infomercial. Tony said to tell you Hi!

Have a great day! Today is my first day of school.
Gin:)

Hi guys. I'm behind a day so it was BSB for me. I used the mix n match feature this time and enjoyed it so much more. I actually felt stronger this way for biceps instead of feeling like a wimp. Weird how a little bit of rest in between makes a huge difference.

It was a crazy morning getting all the kids where they needed to be but they were excited. I'm sure they're going to be tired tonight though.

I am going to follow Cathe's rotation after this one so I'll be here with you guys. However, I'm going to have to make lots of changes because I don't have a lot of the workouts. I think there were 3 days each week that I'd have to make a substitution. :-(

Gin - have fun on your first day of school. :)

Deanie - have fun with your meet and greet.

Marcy - hope you had a good workout today.

Tracee

Hi Ladies!

I never got to do a workout yesterday so I did GS BS&S today. Here are my final stats for this one:

Dbbl Row Reverse Grip - 31#, 8 reps, both sets (up 2#:)) (I think I'm ready for the new workout - doesn't she use 62# bbl for underhand rows?)
Dbbl One Arm Rows - 33#, 10 reps both sets (up 2#:))
Bbl Pullovers - 40#, 8 reps both sets (same)

Dbbl Overhead Press - 19#, all 3 sets, 8 reps 1st two sets, 9 reps last set (up 1#:))
Dbbl Lat Raise - 15#, 10 reps both sets (up 2 reps in 1st set, up 2# in 2nd set)
Dbbl Rear Fly - 15# set one, 16 # set 2 (up 1# in set 2)

Bbl Curls - 1st set - 36#, 8 reps, 2nd set 36#, 5 reps:(
Dbbl Curls Partial Reps - 12# 1st set (up 2#:), 10# 2nd set
Concentration Curls - 1st set - 16# 4 reps, 13# 2 reps + 2 bonus reps
2nd set - 5 reps at 16#, 1 rep at 13# (I think this is the hardest exercise for me in this workout)
Curl Up/Wrist Down - 15#, 8 reps (same)
Hammer Curls - 15# (did all reps + bonus)
Dbbl Wrist Curls - 1st set - 13#, 16 reps, 2nd set - 13#, 11 reps

I also did a few chinups and a few pullups - only 3/4 of the way. I feel like I'm losing steam with these but I admit I haven't done them as much as when I was doing the X. I'll be doing Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix tomorrow. It has blasts just like the IMAXes but a little less intense. I really want to try and master this one. It was a disaster the first time out but that was on a Friday morning when I haven't had much sleep so hopefully I'll have a better crack at it tomorrow. I'll also be doing abs tomorrow - not sure which - maybe B&G (regular abs) or possibly Ab Ripper X. Thursday will be Chest & Tris and Friday I will combine legs - GS Legs warmup, Kick Max drills, GS floorwork, Pyramid Stability Ball work and B&G stretch. I hope I can fit all that it on Friday. It comes out to 67 minutes so it should be doable.

Deanie - You really inspired me with your weights yesterday. I had to try and catch up to you.:D Congrats on getting through IMAX 1. I'm okay and I even do it on 8" but blast 10 wipes me out. Hope you enjoy meet and greet today. So how many little ones do you have in your class?

Gin - If you see him again, tell Tony I said "hi" back. Good luck with your first day of school.

Tracee - Hope you're okay and your kids have a nice first day back at school. Have you been able to workout? Are you joining us next week?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!!

Meet and Greet today was fun. I knew all but one child from subbing last year. The kids are great, and the moms seem nice too. Tommorrow is the other 1/2 of the class.I have 17 kids in my class only 6 are boys.

Gin~ I hope you enjoyed your first day of class! The warm up for Imax 1 is 15 min. long. It always surprises me that the workout is an hour when the warm up is so long.

Marcy~ You go girl!!:) Great workout today! I think we are pretty close with weights. I can't go that high with the bbl pullover though, I feel like I use my triceps instead of my back when I go heavy. I do Imax 1 on 8" also, (I always follow whatever Cathe does) and lately I've been thinking of doing Imax 2 on an 8" step. I also think Imax1 works your legs and abs, I know I felt it today! Blast 10 is hard, I actually did it today:)

Tracee~ I hope your children had a good first day! It must be hecktic getting everyone up and ready for school/day care and your self ready!

Question: do any of your kids play an instrument? my older DS plays drums and younger DS the acoustic guitar. They were taking lessons at the local music store, but the store changed its policy. Now we have to pay in advance (already did) and there are NO makeups, under any circumstances.(and they don't refund your $$ either) I don't think this is right, but they don't care, so I think I will have to find somewhere else to take them. I'm ticked, because this place is reasonable and in our town. Does this sound right to you guys? and I just am unfamiliar with music lessons and how they work? I called 3 other stores, and none of them are like this, but they are too far away (at least 1/2 an hour).

Deanie

Hi Deanie!

Sounds like you're going to have a nice class this year. 17 seems like a good number, not too crowded. I usually do IMAX 2 on 8" as well but I wouldn't recommend IMAX 3 on 8". The choreography is too intricate to do on 8". My daughter used to play the flute but the lessons were in school. Maybe the local music store isn't doing so well right now and that's how they're making up for their losses. I don't blame you for being ticked. Can you find someone that would come to your house? That's how I used to get my piano and guitar lessons.

Marcy

Hey Marcy!

Thats a great idea. I think I will make some phone calls today. I am paid up thru Sept. at the music store, but I won't be using them come Oct. Someone to come to the house would be wonderful:) no schlepping all over!

Your right, I would never attempt to do Imax 3 on 8"!!:) But I have been thinking of doing Imax 2 on 8" for a while, just when it comes time to do it, I pass. Dread factor maybe;-)

Deanie

eta: anxiously awaiting a Blog update!!!!!!!

You guys wear me out just thinking of doing an Imax on an 8" step. Ugh! Where do you guys find the energy? I probably should push myself more than I do especially with cardio because I felt like I was really dragging when I was doing my workout yesterday. I feel like I've lost some cardio endurance since I skip a lot of cardio days in our rotations.

Deanie - No advice from me about music lessons. I never played and my kids don't either. I like Marcy's idea of getting someone to come to your house though.

I'm hoping the next blog update will be about a shipping date.

Tracee

Hi Again!

The first day of school went well. Lots of rules and procedures to go over and we all have to get used to each other and the schedule.

I just read an article in our paper about FRIED COOKIE DOUGH being sold at the State Fair.....WHAT?? "Fresh cookie dough with pecans, chocolate chips and coconut formed into a ball, battered, deep-fried and topped with chocolate sryup or whipped cream!!"

Tracee--You made me feel better with your comment about the 8"step with IMAX1. I noticed that Cathe and crew were on an 8", but it was too late. I had already started it.;-) Sorry that you will have to sub so many of the workouts for the next rotation!

Marcy--Great workout today.

Deanie--I don't know what to tell you on the music lessons. My DS played the drums, but I don't remember the lessons being a problem. When he got to high school, lessons were at school. I assume your son has a drum set at home. It would kind of loud. HOpe it works out to have the lessons at home.

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.