Deanie and Friends***Thursday 9/13***

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Laides!

So surprised that I am the one to start the thread!
Today was C&W. I think I like this one b/c it was the first one I taped from FitTV when I first learned about Cathe and the music is fun and choreography is not too challenging for me!!;-) It is definitely one of her easier workouts, though.
Last night was the end of my birthday celebrations.:-( Went out with friends...Fun!:)

Deanie, Tracee and Marcy--Hi! Have a great day and great workout!

Deanie--Rosh Hashanah today, right?

Gin:)

Hi all :)

A quick hello before we are off to Shul today :) I got to sleep late today (7a.m.)

Today was C&W and it definately is one of Cathes easier ones! It was also one of my first Cathes, so I do have a soft spot for it:) Love the ab work.

Gin~ Thank you :) Today is the first day of Rosh Hashanah. You will prob. start the thread tomorrow too, because that is the second day of the holiday and I get to sleep late again!:)

I thought maybe we could do GDMT for a thread title? everyones name alphabetically? Just a thought....

Tracee/Marcy~ I hope you have a great workout today!

could I possibly have MORE :)???? LOL

Deanie

Good Morning!

Today I did the warmup and standing leg work from Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp and the floor work from Patrick Goudeau's M.A.D. Moves. I thought Patrick's stuff was more leg work but it was actually more Pilates. It did have some good moves though like a pushup into a standing split and a rotational one-arm balance. I also did forearm pushups.

Deanie - L'Shana Tovah!

Gin - C&W was one of my first from Fit TV too. Actually, my very first was RS and it is still my favorite.

Tracee - Hope you had a great workout.

Marcy

Good morning ladies. Isn't it funny how we all seem to like the workouts that were our first. The intensity series was the first Cathe's I ever did so I've always liked C&W.

Marcy - I didn't get RS until a year after doing Cathe and I hated it at first. I was so mad that I couldn't do the choreography right away and I never thought I would pick it up again. Luckily, I did and learned to appreciate it. I did see the end of BL when they showed Amber. I didn't think she'd have the wilpower to keep working on her own but she did.

Deanie - I like your suggestion of our initials for a title. That's very cute and creative. Enjoy your holiday and your sleeping in.

Gin - You really do s t r e t c h your birthday celebration out don't you? Ha!

Today became a no workout day for me. :-( I really could have gotten up but for some reason I talked myself out of it.

Hi Again!

Are you guys runnning or doing another form of cardio tomorrow?

Deanie--I like all of your :) :) :) !! It means you are:) ! I'll be glad to start the thread tomorrow and will use our new name,"GDMT". We will have everyone else wondering what it means!}( Enjoy being able to sleep in tomorrow.

Mrcy--Sounds like a good workout you had today.

Tracee--I did s t r e t c h that b-day celebration out, didn't I? Actually, it's trying to find an evening that all 4 women can get together is the reason!:p But, well worth waiting for! Now, make yourself get out of that bed tomorrow morning!!;-)

Gin

Hey Guys :)

Gin~ I am running on the TM tomorrow. I know the workout says 45 min. of running, but I'm thinking if I have time, I want to do the Cathe treadmill workout you posted for me a while back. I finally feel I MAY be able to do it:p Are you running?

Marcy~ Thank you!:) I think your workout sounded interesting. Are you doing C&W tomorrow?

Tracee~ You're funny. Usually, I have to talk myself INTO working out at 5a.m., and here you are talking yourself out of working out:) LOL!! I like that you still post with us even though you don't workout!

Excited that you all liked my suggestion of the new name :7 :7 (again with the :)s)LOL

have a good evening all!

Deanie:*

Hi All!

Tomorrow will be C&W for me. It's nice that it covers everything in only 60 minutes.

Do any of your DH's ever comment on which type of rotation looks best on you? My DH has said quite a few times already he likes me better when I'm heavy lifting. But he said I looked the best around Christmastime but that was when I was doing circuits. He's got me totally confused now but I still think for the most part heavy lifting looks better on me. I'm enjoying the rotation so far but I will be going back to heavy lifting next month. (I hope we have the new series by then.)

Gin - So are you all done celebrating now? I'll have to try and remember our new name tomorrow. I wish I could join in your joy of running but it's just not for me. Maybe I'll go the Deanie route and get a treadmill eventually. DH said he'd even use it.

Deanie - Can you tell me what model treadmill you have and if you don't mind me asking, how much it was?

Update on my bathtub - We finally had it done today but they sent over someone with only 3 months experience and he left 3 tiles off the wall, detached the vanity and sink from the wall and didn't reattach it correctly. Also, when my DH turned the hot water on, it was leaking. He left my DH with a caulk gun and said he could run a new hot water line. My DH was fuming and called up Bath Fitters and said he wouldn't pay. The customer service rep was very understanding and got in touch with a manager who sent someone over (not the same person) and they're supposedly going to take care of everything. I'll let you know what happens.

Tracee - Hope you get a good night's rest tonight so you can work out with us tomorrow.

Marcy

Marcy~ I have a Vision Fitness treadmill. I put the website at the end of the post. I got the deluxe model. It is the middle model: there is one model below and one above. It has 7 preprograms, 2 Heartrate programs, 5 custom (make your own) programs. They also work on a mix and match system, so you pick your platform you want, and the display panel you want. We have ours in the basement so we didn't need the fold up one. The one we got was $2200.00 after the mix and match thing, but we paid cash, so they gave it to us for $1900.00 (not really GAVE it to us :) ~ we figured they still made $$$$ :) ) Keep me posted!! I'm sooo sorry to hear about your aggrivation (sp) with Bath Fitters. Good for your husband to not pay until its right!!! I hope it all works out for you.

http://www.visionfitness.com/home/treadmills/

Deanie:*

eta: I bought mine at a store and we did no research on it, but when we tried different ones, this felt the best to us and had all the "extras" we wanted. I should add my DH is a runner (when he works out) and had a definate idea of what he wanted.

eta, again: I looked on the website and I think we have the T9500 deluxe model.

Thanks, Deanie. I didn't realize it was that expensive. We were going to have to hold off on getting it until we move anyway because we have no room for it right now. My DH used to run cross country but it's been a long time since he's done it. I printed out the info so I have it when we need it. Are you totally happy with it?

Update on the tub: The new guy knows what he's doing. It's too bad he didn't come in the first place. He fixed the sink and is now scraping out all the caulking from the tub.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.