De-Clutter check-in starting 02/07/09

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. I certainly hope nobody minds I started us a new thread. I'm here at the PC and if I don't tell somebody my de-cluttering goals for today, I fear I'll just let it go (again).

SO.....today's goals for me include:
  • clearing the small leftover pile of Christmas gifts that sits on the floor in my back living room.
  • have younger DS clear out his stuffed animals and decide which ones he can do without. I want him to move the ones he wants to keep from the basket in his closet to the hanging net I just put in his room.
  • I am going to clean out my bathroom closet and cabinet.
  • move the Christmas Tree (artificial, of course) from the garage to the basement shelves (or return it to my parents, since it's theirs...either way it will be GONE from my garage today).

That's my BEGINNING list. After I tackle all those items, I'm moving onto my dining room, which is starting to collect too much PTA stuff and has a ton of scrapbooking that needs to get organized and DONE!

Have an awesome decluttering day, ladies!

Gayle

Wow Gayle - that is quite a list - I wish you well.

I cleaned out the sock drawer today and separated the socks with navy on the left, black on the right and misc colors (2 brown, 3 khaki and a couple of striped socks) along with my workout socks in the middle. Now if I keep this up, I won't have to keep taking socks into the bathroom in the morning to decide if they are black or blue (DH goes to work later than I do so I hate to turn on the light in the bedroom).

I also cleaned out my pajama/swimsuit/slip drawer (actually it is an old clothes hamper) It is deep and so many things have fallen to the bottom that I forgot I even had.

Then, I went through the workout clothes - just how many old shapeless t-shirts do I need anyway?

Finally, the sewing machine is my bedroom so I went through all the drawers in that too. Wow! I got rid of a ton of stuff there - I lost count somewhere after 117.

Now all the cleaning I have done so far has been hidden in drawers or behind closet and cupboard doors, but I swear when I walk in the bedroom that it seems cleaner and lighter somehow!

Again, thanks for the check-in. Good luck to everyone else this week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.