Damage Controlling on Monday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girlies.

Well, while I will miss DS this week, one thing that I will appreciate is the extra time I will have in the mornings. I will only have myself to get ready and can also leave a good 15-20 minutes later since I don't have to drop him off at school. It'll be like a vacation! :p

So I don't know if I have mentioned it before but I've been having issues with my belly button piercing that I got done in December. It was absolutely fine. I even got the ring changed in May to a cute one with a fairy charm on it. Well, DH and I were fooling around one day (minds OUT of the gutter please!:p) and he accidently sort of "yanked" it. He apparently damaged tissue inside and I have been cleaning it and hoping it would heal. I was going to go to a piercer to have it looked at a week or 2 ago but thought it was getting better so I skipped it. It hasn't been hurting as much and looks better so I did honestly think it was on the right track...until this morning. I woke up and it was bleeding. :( Strangely, it doesn't hurt, but still. Soooo....I guess it's off to the shop after work today to get it looked at. I will likely have to get the original ring put back in while it heals. BUMMER.

This being said, there will be no high impact cardio for me this morning as I am afraid of causing more damage or creating pain where this is currently none. Figures. I was set since last night to do an HiiT. Now I am thinking Low Max or KB/Boxing.

Guess that's all for now. I was last to post y'day.

BBL!:cool:

Good Morning!:)

Ah....its nice to be relax'in on the couch while sipping my foffee!:p What's everyone else doing? Oh yes...that's right...working!:eek::eek::D

I started off loading the dishwasher as soon as I woke up and then I thought....I should be just sitting and trying to wake up...I have all day. So that's what I am doing!

Today's workout will likely be a run outside. I may leave DS home with DD and if that's what happens then I would like to get a longer run in.The furthest I have ran since the marathon is little over 12k. Someone asked me the other night if I was hooked on marathons. I can honestly say that I don't think I am. I think I am only doing this one in Oct b/c I am already registered for it.Its hard to say how long I will wait until I do another one after that. There is no doubt that my running partner is hooked though. But her life is a little more low key then mine...so maybe that's why. There is also another race coming up in the city in July but it's my weekend to work. I am debating getting weekends switched with my coworker. I know it won't be a prob b/c the weekend I would offer to switch is the weekend of the festivites here...which include drinking! So she would be all over that!

Wendy** My belly button thingy fell out the other day! LOL I guess the top part came off and I didn't notice,then the bottom part gradually fell out. Now I need a new one.Its been a week since it fell out and I was debating not even bothering.I asked for DH's input but that got me no where. Where is DS to? I have a bit more time when I work Sat and Sun's as well cause I don't have to drop him off. Now that he will be going to preschool I will have even less time b/c I use to take him to the sitters with my hair work and when I got to work, I would do my hair! LOL Now I will have to do my hair before I drop him off!

Diana** Oh man...cords are a night mare! They would have been left in a pile on the floor if I had to deal with it. I am no good with stuff like that.I did get some reading done yesterday but not nearly as much as I thought I would.Its still interesting though so what I did read, registered!LOL

Jacque** How is your headache?? Hopefully its gone. The house is lonely when people leave isn't it? I hate it when my sister goes back but she doesn't stay with me now b/c of the baby.She just stays at her inlaws. She isn't coming home this year until Aug...she usually comes home in July. So it already seems weird not having her here.

Laura** How was your weekend??

O.k...I would love to come up with some kind of rotation. It may only be short lived though b/c of training for another mary. If I have time today I may sit down and try creating something.

Lori:)

Hey Ladies.

Quick post to report my work out. I decided today was a good day for my Tonique work out instead so I nixxed the cardio altogether and did Original Tonique Lunge segment (did my own low impact w/u-no drills for me today!) and the mat work segment on back minus abs. Then I did 150 inner thigh reps per leg and 50 lower ab crunches. It was not what I had intended but a great work out nonetheless so I am happy.

BBL with personals!:)

Well Monday is here huh? UGH . . .

Was getting used to not working ! :p At least it's another 3 day weekend coming up and Friday will be a little shorter.

Headache is better so far - hopefully no breezes to stir up whatever is in the air and I should be good to go since I'll be indoors most of the day. That is if I don't have to leave my office to get foffee, pee or go to see anyone else since we have to walk through the opened warehouse to get there.

This week will be GS workouts - don't remember how they are split but will do one of the UB's.

Wendy - Cool that you have more time on your hands in the AM. Just what you need to get the long STS w/o's done before work ! Bummer about the belly issues. I remember when you switched out the rings . . . hope you get it figured out soon. You wanna show it off on your vaca after all ! :D

Lori - Well I'm not at work yet ! ! ! ;) Hope you get a good run in today and enjoy your days off. Nice when what you are reading is interesting and you remember it. Gonna beat your 93 this time? Yesterday was a nice little mish mosh for a FB w/o. Great job ! Be interested to see what you come up with for a rotation !

Diana - hope you have a very very productive day at work. How much time are you taking off while the girls are here?

Gotta shower and jet - not looking forward to catching up ! :confused:

Lori:: I had to take my first bb ring out for surgery and was too lazy to go get it put back in so it closed. Then I was going to get pg so didn't bother getting it repierced and then wanted to wait until I was done having kids. I think something like 8 years passed between the time I took out the original one and then finally got it re-done. Funny about it falling out. Have it put back in. It takes 5 mins! I regretted being too lazy to put mine back in!

Jacque:: I hear ya on the weekend going by too fast! I have 4 days off this weekend (fri-mon). We are going down to Atlantic City for some gambling, good food and good drink with my mom and her S/O. Always a good time. Can't wait! :) I should be able to show off my BB ring on vacation. Perhaps just not the particular ring I was hoping for. May have no choice but to keep "starter" ring in instead of cute charm one I have in now. BOOH. Hey, did you get my email with the artwork in it? What did you think?

Hi ladies,

Finished up all the necessities for my girls' arrival, but have no workout to report for the weekend. I've been slacking lately on the w/e and need stop doing that.

This morning I woke up late...DH's fault of course. I don't use an alarm..haven't for years, and he turned his alarm off and fell back asleep. Ended up doing CCC 35 min premix..it was the perfect amount of time...and I learned their is a premix on this DVD!! You only do the cardio segments once instead of twice...but it was a good way to start my day.

I'm heading over to the rec ctr for heavy Chest & Triceps this morning. Back has been skipped the last 2 weeks so will do some back work as well. I did do 3x8 pullups on my pullup bar yesterday while waiting on laundry!:D

Wendy-sorry about the belly button issue. I "hurt" mine once and just did the sea salt soak (I used a shot glass) for a week or so and healed right up and I haven't had any problems since then. Enjoy the extra time you have in the morning's this week...it will go by fast.

Lori-aaahhh yes..rub it in that we are all working while you get the day off! Sometimes I wish I could have a day off during the week. Hope you get outside and enjoy a run! I need to increase my mileage, my five mile loop is getting old. I alternate each time I run but its still the same loop. I'm planning on doing a 10k trail run in August. It should be fun!

Jacque-We both need productive vibes...I have lots to finish up this week. I'm WFH on Thursday and am taking a vacation day on Friday. Love the GS series...those drop sets of pushups..what a way to start a w/o.

Laura-are you here this week...can't remember if you are on vacation. Only 3 weeks left of campaigning for your DB.

PunkyJen-What's on your agenda today?

bbl

Happy Crappy Monday .. LOL

Hello Ladies ..

I was to be on vacation but since fishing plans changed ... I came on in .. and MAN has it ever been INSANE in here!!! My head is splitting .. people were arguing this morning and my head started pounding .. ugh .. really stressed out!! Anyway .. we had a BLAST this weekend .. I am a looser (but lucky at love ;)) .. but DH won a lot .. so it all works out .. we got upgraded to a suit and ya'll it was AWESOME .. we had a really good time!!! :D Back to reality today .. I had errands at lunch .. but tonight is going to be circuit class .. tmrw Plyo class.. hoping my abs are better now!! We will see tonight!

Wendy .. I viewed the cardio BH .. it looks awesome .. and that is a LOT of the way my classes are designed .. using weights to increase heart rate .. although I must say .. doing PLYO work w/weights .. hhmmm .. not sure about that!!I cant wait to do it .. I may try some of the 30 min ones at lunch this week!!

Lori .. wish I had this wild Monday off .. enjoy girl!!

Jacque .. there is something in the air .. my sinuses have been giving me FITS .. I had to take a decongestant since THURS .. I didnt today and that could be contributing to my headach I guess .. ug .. the head is throbbing tough

Di .. I am here .. asked off for FRI .. DH vaca got canceled next week .. so he is taking off this week .. BUT .. PIA is off FRI and it is the first of the month .. so not sure if boss can swing me being off .. I am keeping fingers crossed though!

OK .. gotta jet .. looks like TS Alex is heading towards MX .. which is somewhat good news .. BUT the winds are gonna push MORE OIL onto shore .. :( .. this last fishing closure update got us .. we are not really sure what we are going to do now .. DH is thinking bring the boat home .. he thinks it will be 5 years or better before we are able to fish the Gulf .. :( :mad: :( I just dont know what this means for our Gulf coast :( ..

Have a great one .. and some great sweaty workouts .. WOOHOO for LONG weekend this weekend!!! :D

Diana:: I really like the cardio premix option on CCC and intend to do it while I am away this weekend in A/C. I tried the sea salt thing but I think the problem is the ring I have in. It's not made for new piercings so I think it's not allowing mine to heal properly. Every time I think I am making head way on the healing process something else happens. I think I just need to have them put the orginal ring back in and then if I clean it like a new piercing I am pretty sure it'll be fine. I really don't think it's infected or anything.

Laura:: The whole oil spill thing is depressing/sad/scarey. :(:(:( Can't wait to hear your review of BH cardio!!!! I am going to try to do it again this week! Bring on the pain! :D

Wendy .. I used the sea salt soak too .. and you may want to try tea tree oil ... it helped to .. but ya .. you are probably right .. need to go back w/original metal .. b/c it may be the metal it is reacting too ..

Laura:: Well bb rings with charms on them are a no-no when the piercing is still healing so I am thinking that's the problem in this case as well. I will post an update tonight or in the morning! :)

Hi ladies,

WooHoo....made it to the rec ctr for heavy chest & triceps. My triceps were shaking when I was done! I finished up with some weighted ab work too!

Bootcamp class is on tap for tonight. One of my coworkers is going to drop in to class tonight and see if he likes it before signing up for next month's session.

Laura-sorry about the vacation plans being changed. Those pics you posted are so sad. Wow, 5 years...no fishing trip.

Wendy-I'm pretty sure they told me it would take 6mos to a year to heal, you're just an impatient girl now...;) Can't really blame you with it being summer and all!!

Hey!

Well the hole tore at the bottom. That's the problem. He said I can keep the bb ring in that I currenlty have in but have to apply a&d to help heal it 2x per day. I am still "woozy" from the visit as he had me hold a mirror up so I could see everything he was doing. ICK. These things don't agree with me. I wonder if he saw my face turning green! :eek: LOL

Diana:: Yep, a bb piercing takes up to 6 months to heal and it had been over 6 months by the time this happened. The original pierce was pretty much healed until DH went and ripped it on me! :rolleyes:

Gotta jet...Be back tmrw! Have a good night!:)

Well popped the ol' GS BSB in and was gonna wimp and do the timesaver but it was too short :eek: so rewound a bit and finished the whole thing. Went with Cathe's wts except a couple of the bi's. My forearms hurt the most . . .

Laura - sorry 'bout work though thought of you when DH said the other night - "it's a full moon" and you were the first thing that came to mind - Oh No ! ! ! Poor Laura . . . :p Been hittin' the decongestants along with my spray too and it is subsiding to the point where I can at least think. Good thing after being gone for 3 days with payroll, month end and catch up. Hope your day was better as it progressed. Do you have any lakes close enough to fish in with your own boat? Heck, we have lots - come on out ! :D

Diana - Great job getting your workout in at lunch - hope you made it to BC and kicked some arse ! ;)

Wendy - bummer about the belly but sounds like at least you may be able to get it healed. Be persistent ! Amazes me it takes so long to heal the first time around - guess it is quite a different type of tissue involved compared to an ear, nose or eyebrow though. :confused: Thought I was gonna lose an earlobe this weekend when GS grabbed one but he didn't pull TG ! I had my other hand full and couldn't grab his very quickly - lucky lucky lucky.

Well I suppose I'd better go see how DH is doing with the drip systems in my gardens ! :eek: :rolleyes: Yep, guess he was a bit bored when he got home early ? ? ? :p Me no know and me no care as long as they work ! Now I just need timers ! :D Have a great evening girls !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.