Damage Control Week of 9/25 :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Ladies.

This morning's work out was the first of the Kettlebell Dynamics work outs by Amy Bento. Had that dvd forever and never even unwrapped it! It was a pre-order!!!:eek: Glad I finally dusted it off. Only 20 mins long but tough stuff! Perfect for my current rotation! I used a 20# kb for most of it. I also added on a few minutes of my own abs at the end doing 30 alternating oblique twists w/feet off the floor holding a 15# kb, then I did 50 lower ab reps w/no weight and finally finally crunches for upper abs holding the kb at my chest. Great work out. :D

Diana:: How's DS' leg? So what BR are you going to start with?

K, I went to bed late and got up early. I'm tired...off for a nap. BBL or in the morning! :cool:

Hi Ladies,

Is it Monday already?:mad: Didn't get a lot done this weekend, just some household chores etc. Let's not forget I ate a bunch of junk and feel gross for it. My family doesn't get it that I feel yucky when I eat bad. I know better, it's my own fault. I made up all my healthy meals for work this week so I'm starting out on the right track!

This morning I did GS Legs and Ab Hits #7. I've been wanting to do legs for quite a while. My upper body is looking pretty good, but definitely need to work on the lower body and abs.

DS appears to just have a deep bruise and he can move around much better today. Speaking of DS, DH took him to his car lot to practice parking and he scraped another car. Of course he was parking between two totaled cars....DH said no harm....UH...what about my car. I'm so pissed about the marks on my car. No, I don't have a new car but I still don't want it to look junky.

Wendy-Nice w/o girl! I'm an Amy Bento fan but don't have her KB w/o's. Right now I'm on the lookout for Bob Harpers ab workout, hoping to pick it up at Target. As far as BR goes, I'll probably just pick out 2 or 3 to do each week. She doesn't post w/o's every day so being a few days behind would be a good place to start.

Laura-How did you spend your bday weekend? Hope it was wonderful!

Hi Lori and Jacque...what are you ladies up to?

bbl

MON - ugh

Hey girlies -

yes I had a WONDERFUL b-day - my DM and DA came over and visited - then DH took me shopping for my bday - got lots of goodies :eek: then we went out to eat w/SIL, DB, DN, and my two VBF!!!! They made my b-day very special! Just a great weekend - great day!!! And thank all of you for my b-day wishes - I feel like very special girl!!! :D No w/o to report ystdy - and after the meal I had last night including a b-day SUNDAE (which thank goodness DN helped me eat) - i need to up some cardio and burn some calories this week - :p - the girls are getting together WED for my bday - so that will be forced rest day w/added calories :confused: but hey .. its birthday calories they dont count right :confused: :confused: :confused::p

Di - glad DS leg wasnt broken - AW LAWD .. I would kinda be ticked about the car scratch too -ummmmmmm think would be telling DH get your own dang vehicle to train DS in .. LOL .. gggrrrrr ...

Wendy - wish i could find something like the format of STS or P90X in a 20 - 30 min short workout for the morning - that is exactly what I need!!! Havent thought about KB workout .. that may work too ...

OK .. gotta jet .. still playing catch up ... hello to all that follow!!!! Looks like Cathe may have clips up this week sometime .. wooot woot!! cant wait!!! have a great one!;)

Diana:: I realized that Zuzanna posts HER work out schedule of BR's on the site every week. 1 work out per day/6 days per week. Some old. Some new. That's what I am going to be following now. Yikes, I'd be upset about the scratches on the car too. :mad: Isn't a new driver supposed to practice paralell parking between cones!? :eek:

Laura:: Glad your Bday was wonderful and no worries, cals consumed on your Bday and Holidays don't count! ;)

Good morning ladies,

Tried posting from my phone last night but it got hung up so this will be short for now . . .

Thurs had a bad stomach pain at work and came home - queasy for Fri with no eats so no workout - Fri & Sat nite were hockey games, Sat was car show & GK's, Sun was reading for my class. Yep, my "excuses" for no w/o's until yesterday AM. Started S&H for my weights, this AM I did Step Moves.

Work still crazy busy implementing new payroll & benefits system but will try to get back for personals on a break.

Have a great day girlies ! ;)

Hi Ladies,

Today is a much better day! Bootcamp was great. My trainer wanted to checkout my gymboss and she had us doing 40 rounds of 10 sec rest and 50 sec work. It is kind of an addictive tool, but I like using it.

This morning Shaun T. kicked my butt with max cardio conditioning. Planning on P90X back & biceps tomorrow...not sure where my rotation will go after that.

Laura-glad you had a wonderful birthday...Wendy's right, birthday calories don't count!

Jacque-sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. It sounds like you are right back on track!

Wendy-Oh, obviously you know the BR site much better than I. I thought she only posted several times per week, but 6 days is easy enough to follow. I'm still a little pissed about my car....DS couldv'e hit something is DH's truck with the big metal bumpers and not hurt anything.

Lori-where are you girl....guess I could check fb....Hope you are doing great.

Have a great day ladies...bbl

Good Morning.

Today was BR Hot Body work out as per Zuzanna's schedule. 15 min circuit that looks like this:

side to side lunges
reptile push ups
v up crunch
prisoner squat
knee raise off dip station

The circuit is done 3x thru at 55s max effort per exercise w/5s rest btwn. Finished off with about 7 mins of Tonique Mat exercises done on your back with a 10# DB resting on my pelvis. Didn't take long to feel that one! ;):eek:

Jacque:: Sorry work is still so rough for you. Hope it slows down at some point THIS YEAR maybe!??! :confused: Sounds like you atleast enjoyed your weekend though! Good for you!:)

Diana:: I lurve the gymboss! Used it on vacation to create my own work outs! :) Glad BC class was good. I keep looking at the Insanity w/o's and keep not doing them. :rolleyes: Yeah I just noticed that Zuzanna posts her w/o schedule on the site. It's the perfect schedule to follow along with!!

TUE

Morning girls -

Is it a full moon - b/c my life certianly is acting like it is - this morning has been H### - :mad: it is a given when one part of your life calms down and get 1/2 @$$ normal .. another will fall apart!! :mad:

Last night w/o was circuit mish mosh - great workout!!! a real sweatfest!!! Tonight is jack/plank mish mosh - I NEED IT!!!!! they were talking about my b-day last night - Of of my regular girls said "you would think the older she gets she would ease up - i think she is the opposite - a LOT worse" .. LOL .. I told her that was the truth - :eek: :p

Jacque - hope you dont have the stomach bug I had it was TERRIBLE!!!!

Di - if your DH is like most men - even w/the big bumpers on the truck - they wouldnt dare risk THEIR stuff getting pinged!! LOL

Wendy - that workout looks awesome - I will have to go check out the BR site - see what she is up to

hello to Lori -

OK .. better run - I am hoping today improves some - this morning has been H## on wheels!! dang it .. have a great one!

Hi Ladies.

This morning was BR's Silent Killer Work Out and boy oh boy was it aptly moving! Fast moving weight circuit. Tons of squats, lunges, some ab work and pull ups. OY. I was dripping with sweat when I was done! I was so sweaty that I took one hand off the barbell I was using for squats/lunges on the last set of squats and that side slid right off my shoulder!:eek: Nothing broken including me so it's all good but it COULD have been much worse! :confused:

Laura:: Sorry things are crazy for you at work. IDK what that's like most of the time. Sometimes I wish I did! :confused:

WED

Hello Ladies ..

It is about to STORM here - i just did get in my car and get gate locked before it hit at the house .. now it is about to hit here .. by the weekend we are to have cooler temps - highs around 77 and lows aroudn 54 :eek: BRING IT ON .. I cant wait!!! Last night's class was great .. did the mish mosh I did last week - sweatfest - had new girl - I asked her if she had taken classes before her reply: "i have been doing zumba for 6 months now and i love it" :confused: ummmmmmmmmmmm .. OK ... I tried to explain that my class my nothing like zumba it required a lot of body strength and I gave her some modifications - she seemed annoyed - oh well - she ended up leaving after about 30 minutes :confused: .. ummm my class is NOT zumba :eek: :p

Today is total REST DAY - tonight is GGT for my bday .. woot woot!!!:)

Wendy -- Silent killer w/o - i gotta check that one out .. i looked for that one ystdy couldnt find it .. dang it ...

hello to all that follow - have ya'll checked out the 2 clips Cathe has up .. OH MY LAWD - my legs and core burn just watching them!!! go check them out if you havent!!!

have a great one!;)

*SIGH*

JUST CHECKING IN TO SAY

<<<<<< LOOOOONGEST DAY EEEEVVVEEERRRR >>>>> :confused: :mad:

come on 5 o'clock belll ..

Good Morning.

Today's BR work out was entitled : My Buns Hurt! and this is what it looks like:

Time: 16min.Workout Type: Intervals and CombosExercises: 4
  • Sandbag Lunge Back Press Up & Squat Leg Lift-40 sets total for time
  • Rocket Launchers12 rounds - 4minutes of intervals
  • Kick Ups-20 sets for time
  • Jump Lunges/Mountain Climbers-10/10 seconds x 12 rounds
It was tough and even tougher on my poor sore legs! If my buns hurt tmrw and my legs are still sore I am going to be in serious trouble!:eek: LOL

I did my usual 100 rep jump rope warm up with this and added 5 mins of jump rope afterwards since I had a little bit of extra time.

Laura:: I have never taken a Zumba class. I am sure it's a great work out but yeah, no doubt your class is NOT akin to it...AT ALL! :eek: I found Silent Killer on BR page by clicking on the link where Zuzanna gives her own personal w/o schedule for the week. That's what I am following along with so it's a mix of both new and old work outs. Loving it so far...:)

THURS - one step closer to weekend - woot woot!!

Morning Ladies ..

Let me just say after surviving the LONGEST day EVER - I had a BLAST last night - GGT for my bday - one word - AWESOME!!! :D I have THE BEST friends EVER!!!!!! They just made me feel special - and my friend that has been battling "C" was there - and man it was just so special having her with us and laughing and have a great time!!!! the one downside - FOOD - :eek: AWWWWLAWWWD i was BAD yesterday - I am bringing new meaning to DAMAGE CONTROL - yikes!!! :eek::eek::eek: but IDC b/c it was soooo much fun!!!! I added some pics on FB and my picture trail ..

Wendy - I saw that "my buns hurt" w/o - YIKES - YUP your buns SHOULD be hurtin missy - YOWZA whatta workout!!!!! LOL .. WTG!!! YOU know i am GONNA HAVE to try this one for sure!! I will go look again for the Silent one -

Hello to all that follow!!!

Today is errands at lunch - tonight is a kicked up a notch PLYO mish mosh class :eek: {{ insert evil grin and laugh }}:eek: Have a great day .. will BBl to check in w/you guys!!!

IDK Laura....I have some pretty fierce DOMS from SILENT KILLER!!!! I used a 40# BB for the squats and lunges and did about 200 squats and 80 lunges by the time it was all said and done! :eek:

MY BUNS HURT was more of a cardio work out then SILENT KILLER and super tough on my sore legs. Because of the DOMS though I can't tell which was truly the tougher of the two. :confused: I guess I'll determine it depending upon the DOMS I get in my rear end tmrw as compared to how the legs are feeling today! :D

I still don't know what's in store for me tmrw...I'm afraid! LOL

Last edited:
TGIF!!!

Morning Ladies,

Work has been super busy. Yesterday morning was 4DS KB cardio only, lunch....heavy leg training at the rec ctr....and bootcamp last night..OH MY. My legs are super sore this morning. It was nice to get back to heavy leg training, I've missed it. Bootcamp was legs focused last night too...tons of stairs carrying 7-10# db's, weighted walking lunges, wall sits with overhead press, pushups with wt'd lat pulls/rows.

I won't be starting my w/o until after I take DS to school. Am considering Kickmax to work out some the soreness in my legs.

Wendy-I just previewed the My Buns Hurt w/o, it looks great but probably not doable on my sore legs this morning. Sounds like you have a girls weekend planned...have a great time. Will you be seeing Jen? I finally saw where Zuzana posts here workouts, it must be fairly new otherwise I would've noticed it.

Laura-Glad you had a great birthday!!! Zumba is really big here too. If it gets you moving then I'm all for it, it's just not the type of w/o I'm in to. Obviously, the zumba folks aren't into our types of w/o's. Do you have any weekend plans?

Hi Lori and Jacque!

bbl

Today's work out was was 10 mins of jump rope followed by a 10 min BR called "Found the love" or something like that. It's as many sets of 1 divebomber push up and 1 knee raise (or rollover and do one knee in crunch as mod if no dip station) as possible in 10 mins. I modified with the crunch and did 2 instead of one. Completed 25 sets in the 10 mins.

Legs are still fired up :eek: but buns feel nothin :confused:....

Happy to report that the scale is my friend! I am .2 below goal as of this morning! :)

Tmrw is a rest day since I'll be out of town. Leaving tonight for a girls' weekend. Hope to work out on Sunday when I get back though...Fingers crossed.

Diana:: Great work outs! I know first hand what it's like to do the My Buns Hurt w/o on sore legs! You are a smart girl to forgo it! I, OTOH, was NOT so smart! LOL

Gotta go...BBL or on Sunday!

TGIF - woot woot .. and WAAARRRRR EAGLE!!!!!!

OK .. i have started this THREE times - TGIF - and it is INSANE in the asylum today .. :eek::eek::eek:... I taught a good plyo mishmosh last night .. have slight doms in the tris, bis, shoulders, and core .. it was another sweatfest!!! :D the new student (zumba lover) did NOT come back :confused: OH WELL!!!

Wendy - I did some of the "buns" w/o .. wow .. those lunge, squats, abduct combo was fierce!! I have a VERY hard time lifting a heavy weight above my head as I lunge back .. do you have a problem w/this or is it just me?????? My back seems to arch too much ???

Di - saw your BC pic on FB .. a sweaty mess ya'll were .. WOW .. WTG .. looked like it must have been a killer w/o ..

Hello to all that follow ..

Tmrw we play SC - :eek: - I am skeeered .. we played them in the SEC championship game last year .. they are good - we are struggling w/a LOT of freshmen this year .. but I will STILL be yelling and pulling for my Tigers to pull off a HUGE unexpected UPSET and WIN!!!!! WAAAAAARRRRR EAGLE!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend girlies!!! ;)

Laura:: I did not use a heavy weight for that exercise because 1)my legs were fried already 2)i didn't think i could handle the upper body part of that move with a hvy weight either bc of the range of motion used so I used my 9# body bar and wore Cathe's 4# set of weighted gloves and that was just fine for me! :p Did I cheat too much??:confused::eek:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.