Damage Control Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Jacque: No worries about draggin' though part of the DM premix. It happens. The important thing is that you did it!!!!

Today will be an active rest day for me. After my CC work out y'day, I need it! :p I will be attending Centergy class tonight (finally!!!).

Gotta jet but I'll be back later to see what's going on!

Morning Ladies .... dropping in first thing b/c my work is behind .. had to get ANOTHER IN BOX :confused: YIKES ... work is overflowing .. but I am at my desk today and hope to get 1/2 way caught up!

Last night ended up doing the plyo class .. it was great .... ended w/core w/weights ... had TWO new students .. hopefully I did not scare them off! Class attendance has been low here lately ... moms have ballgames so that is part of it .. the other part is just summer and people out and about! Not sure what is on tap for tonight .. SIL supposed to teach kickboxing for me .. but that is always IFFY ... lunch is STS bis and tris!!

Wendy .. congrats to DH on the job front .. hope he gets something long term ... have fun w/your centergy class ... your active rest sounds like mine ... more active than rest :p

Jacque .. so your back is a bit better?? Good!!! Ya we had a blast fishing .. and I do rock w/the waves .. and in 5 ft seas when running the boat hits so hard that you kinda flex every muscle to keep from banging .. so that accounts for a lot of the soreness!! But I am better today ...

Jen .. back to work huh? that is a good and bad thing I suppose!! Glad you are getting back to normal!!!

Di .. I read that you didnt like the plyo legs (or is it the bench legs)???? Did I see that right .. OH I LOVE the plyo legs .. fun workout to me!!!

Lori ... what w/os are you cranking out today???

Evil Aunt is down .. and boy oh boy has she created more drama .. didnt think her drama could get bigger but it is .. still going around trying to create hard feelings w/my family ...pitting one against the other ... of course she has not messed w/me .. she KNOWS BETTER .... just hope she goes away and leaves us alone .. I would hope she would do the right thing .. but that will NEVER happen!! EVER .. evil .. evil person!!!:mad:

OK .. gotta jet .. stack of paperwork screaming at me .. have a great day .. and I will try to get back later to check in w/you girlies!!!:D

Hi ladies,

No workout for me this morning. Last night was tri training and we did 40 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes running. Of course is wasn't flat or fast, lots of inclines etc.

I'm supposed to meet with my AOM for a group w/o tonight but am not sure if I can make it.

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to review yesterday's posts:(

Wendy-Good news that DH was called back to work. Enjoy centergy class tonight. Any news from the PS office?

Laura-I love plyo legs, its the squat rack training that was pretty boring, IMO. I can do that stuff at the rec ctr and go much heavier. I'm sure that would've made a huge difference. Sorry evil aunt is back to wreak more havoc on the family.

My lunch break from the all day meeting is just about over.

Diana

HUMP DAY ! ! !

Heya ladies !

Today will be my squat rack legs - we will see how heavy I can go with the weight bench rack and how much my spine will take. It doesn't hurt, but when I hold lots of weight there is a spot I can feel it compressing. That feeling is a bit scary . . . sure hope it works well enough to get in a good workout.

Wendy - Hope you get to your Centergy class tonight - did you have a chance to do the "resume drop off" yet? Woo Hoo again that DH is back at work.

Laura - glad you are done with the move. I say DO NOT get another in box cuz then people will just try to fill it. Perhaps if there is no room left, they will either help you out or use the round file? :rolleyes: Did you get some agressions out with STS at lunch? Hope you got lots done today. If not, take it out on class tonight if SIL doesn't Pinch Hit for you. :p

Diana - sounds like a great workout last night. Makes me think I should clean up my bike and start riding some here and there. It is an old mountain bike and though it is light, you still have to pedal pretty well. We have some decent hilly rides around the area . . . hmmmm. So are you back to "normal" at work starting tomorrow?

Jen - hope you are still liking being back at work? :eek: I tell you I never get bored when I'm at home. Stayed home with my kids for the first 13 years - not bore ONE SINGLE DAY. I was pretty good and kept a basic schedule for all of us, and with 3 kids and sports, it was a definite must. Now as I am "bored" at work lately, I long for time off. Need to try getting more lottery tix I guess ! :rolleyes:

Lori - are you coming back or staying on the "other thread"? I did a search to see if you were still posting ('cuz I am a worry wart). See you are doing fine but checking in on another board. Hope you fill us in on occasion - I miss your posts ! Wendy does much better with a little competition ! HA ! ;)

Well I am not going to be making it to Centergy class after all...GRRRR...DH is working overtime so I'd have to take DS with me and it's just too late for him to be out on a school night. *sigh* Oh well. Looks like a full rest day for me after all....

Jacque: The resumes are tomorrow's plan!

Diana: Nope, no call from the PS office.

Laura: Sorry about the Evil Aunt.

Sorry for the ridiculously short personals but my brain isn't functioning well right now...I'll be back later with a glass of wine and I'll do better, I promise! :D

Quickie after my workout - UGH !

My back is tired - not feeling sore - from the deadlifts. I used the weights from my Workout Mgr. The squats - went w/90 vs 94 and it was tough, but my legs did feel a burn - just hard to hold my core for the exercise. Standing lunges were 65 lbs - man - I was ecstatic that I could lift that over my head with barely a thrust. Guess STS is doing well for the UB here ! 50 was the most I could do prior to this.

All in all, a great workout except it was B O R I N G during the rest periods. Wendy - take that as a hint if you ever do STS. The UB workouts were long, but the LB is at least 2 min between exercises, some longer. Glad I brought my little "foster dog" over - I brushed him in between ! :p

Sounds like you have one of those forced rest days. How about a stretch max or something after your wine? You will definitely be loosened up in at least one way ! LOL ! :rolleyes:

Good to hear DH has overtime though - does he know how long this job will last yet?

Bye for now - off to lay down for a short bit ;) and then will hit the books for a little. Have tomorrow off so I'll be around in between reading and taking quizzes.

Ta ta girlies !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.