Damage Control....Tuesday is the New Monday! ACK!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Jacque, that thread title is for you! ;)

Rest day for me today. Got to sleep in an extra hour+ today and still am not awake. :(

My legs are slooowly recovering from Plyo. They are still a bit sore but it's no longer crippling. Can't wait to do it again this coming weekend! :p

Had a fun but exhausting weekend. Was on the go much of the time. Better then doing nothing all weekend IMO tho so I'll take it. :)

Just wanted to get us started.

BBL~

Hi Ladies,

The rotation calls for Core Cardio and Balance...but I want to do cardio. May do 4DS KB/BC instead. I have a busy day ahead of me but it looks like I have a break from 12:30-2 so I can hit the rec ctr.

I didn't sign up for this months bootcamp class since I ordered some dvd's for myself and signed up for the Holiday Meltdown class that starts in November.

I'll have to come up with a rotation to follow after insanity. It's probably not a good idea to start such a long rotation with the new w/o's coming. Maybe something shorter...along the lines of BBC. I was kind of looking forward to P90X though. May even do a few weeks of it anyway.

Wendy-nice to sleep in on a workday! Enjoy your rest day and let your legs recover. My buns are a bit tight from Tonique, but really no DOM's. I'm surprised by that....that lunge squat combo really got me. I could definitely feel my legs/buns as I was walking around the grocery store yesterday.

Jacque- I always take my bday off and this year it was on a Wed. I just decided to take thurs/fri off for a long weekend. I wish I would've gotten more done around the house. My company actually has a 7 habits class. I took it years ago but it is probably time for a re-read of the book. I did my own cardio and usually did cardio on the yoga days. I've never done kenpo or cardio x, usually subbed a Cathe w/o.

Lori-Does DD go back to school today? How was your long run yesterday?

Laura-think this is a vacation day for you. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

bbl

Diana:: Glad to hear you didn't suffer any crippling effects from Tonique like I usually do. :D Yup, ITA, as I said, no long rotation committments until AFTER I finish playing with the new work outs. Definitely gonna give the lower body/cardio rotation a try next. So I am lifting heavy with PS and not having the same issues as I did with STS so I think the added cardio is the answer. When I give STS another go I am definitely upping the cardio some how. I may do what you suggested and do 2 days of cardio in a row after each weight work out. It will be easier then trying to split the weight work outs in half and do cardio and weights every day. I have time to mull it over though. ;) Enjoy weights at the rec ctr this after noon!

Last edited:
It has occurred to me that I completely forgot about Bob Harper's work outs and the rotation he posted on his website!!!!

UNTIL NOW, that is!!!!!!!!!!

Diana!!!! What do ya say? Wanna join me on this one next month? :D

ETA:: JACQUE:: I just went back to y'day's thread and saw that you are considering BOB too! So what do you think? Are you game for next month??

Last edited:
Hello girlies...
Reporting in from the road via droid
On our way home frm Biloxi.....i am a WINNER....WOOOOHOOOOO...only bc I won on craps..then played one machine $1 machine and had a huge hit.....but I am happy...dh is a looser and has a large head from too may cabs....we have a driver home and dh is sleeping...
Had a great weekend...managed amy bento kb w/o and bh abs...was a killer
Wendy u need to break out the amy dvd..it is not like others I have done
Di..no bootcamp meltdown for u??? That is ok bc think cathes new dvd will do the trick
Hello all that follow..
We rstopping for bathroom stop..c ya later have a great one

Hiya girls !

LOL at the thread title - Wendy you silly girl you ! :p

Home for a quickie lunch - meeting off site was postponed but still have to go down in just a bit. In fact, now it will be out of the office for 3 days in a row working with our mfg. site. Never a dull moment.

Wendy - I'm with ya on being tired. Woke by 5 but layed around until 6 and was still kinda draggy. TG work heated up a bit - no time to be tired today. Hope I have the umpf for my 45 min SS run on the TM when I get home. Like you, the legs are starting to lose their soreness - Sat.s PLB with lunges made them hurt but I think also helped them heal from earlier last week.

I'll be done with my current rotation this week - perhaps I'll play with my new Bob DVD's and see what they are like . . . then join you beginning of Oct? Or will you be ready before that?

Diana - Ahhhh, that's how you ended up with so much time off ! Nice you get an extended lunch hour - that would work well. It takes me min 20 mins travelling to and from home right now so really not enough time for much more than 25 min or so between changing and grabbing a bite to eat. Not enough to be very thorough - used to be fine for one body part though. I'm kinda looking forward to reading the 7 habits - need help somehow ! :eek:

Laura - Woo Hoo on the win ! ! ! Poor DH though, huh? ;) So you have someone driving you? As in chauffer? Niiiiiiiiccccccceeeeeee. (or perhaps went with another couple . . . ) Either way - perfect ! Good job getting a workout in !

Lori - how did the weekend end up for you?

Jacque:: If I stick with PS as planned then it will take me through to 9/27 or 10/4. When it ends I'll be ready to tackle Bob w/you for a few weeks if you'd like but I'm warning you now...when Cathe's w/o's come I make no promises to stick to any rotation I am involved in. :p

Hi Ladies,

My meetings were all rescheduled today due to a Town Hall meeting. I ended up going to rec ctr early...11am. It was pretty empty until about 11:40 which was nice. I did back, biceps and weighted abs. Normally Tuesday is legs day but I'm going to stick with Tonique for a few weeks and see what I think. I loved doing 4DS KB this morning with weighted gloves.

I'm pretty much giving up on running the HM. Although I have enjoyed running in the mornings, my foot pain and now knee paid is just not worth it. I do have a Dr. appt on Thurs and will see what they say.

Wendy-I may be game for a BH rotation. I'm missing Cathe right now and would like to incorporate some of her stuff. I think Bob's rotation has enough off days that I can fit her in. I have 2.5 weeks left of Insanity then I can move on to something else.

Jacque-I really just have an hour or so for lunch. That time was just between meetings...I need to get my work done sometime to. The rec ctr is just a block away from the office so it's no biggie. If you don't come home for lunch, can you leave earlier or come in later? That might give you time to workout before or after work instead of trying to fit in a quickie w/o at lunch.

Laura-Woo Hoo....congrats on your winnings!!! DH will recover soon I'm sure. Did you do Amy Bento's Kettlebell or Kickbox? I have her Kickbox and love it. I've previewed her Kettlebell w/o's and would like to get them also. September is the last month of bootcamp and I would miss too many days to make it worth while. I did sign up for the Holiday meltdown class that starts in Nov. It's like bootcamp but inside...you know... all the stair running that I love so much.

Lori-where are you missy????

See you all in the AM!

Hi Girls!

Just getting to check in when I should really be in bed! DS had his speech apt this morning and that threw my morning routine for a loop. He also had preschool this afternoon and I got my ME time:D Of course I worked out.

Yesterdays run was pretty good.It was windy and when it wasn't windy it was sunny and warm. Todays workout ended up being a big 'ole mish mosh. I did shoul,bic,tris from STS, and then a mixture of running and plyo legs. We will see how my legs feel tomorrow....I liked it!;):p

Wendy** Sorry to hear Sunday didn't go as planned. One of the reasons I hate big crowds. I hate the wait and manovering around....especially with DS in tow, thats just a nightmare. Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Diana** Did you finish cleaning the fixtures? Probably wouldn't hurt for me to do mine:eek: I honestly can't keep up with it. My floors need to be cleaned..yet again! I am sure you will come up with a good rotation!

Jacque** Thought you said you were "home for a quickie at lunch!;)" Weekend was good and this weekend we are having a yard sale and a wedding on Sat. Im looking forward to the wedding actually. Gonna be fun. I didn't buy a new dress but ordered some new shoes!:eek:

Laura** awesome on the winnings!!!!

I will bb in the a.m!
Lori:)

Good Morning Glories.

So my legs are recovered....just in time for more torture! :D Up for today is PS:BBA (will leave out A for time, lol) and the squatting segment of the original Tonique. Going to replace the first exercise in PS (BB T Back Rows-cause I don't like them) with pull ups. Can't wait! ;)

Lori:: Didn't take you long to appreciate DS being in school while you are home, huh? ;) LOL Oh and I just KNEW you'd like Plyo Legs. You are a natural born masochist just like moi! :p Why you would feel any need to add running to it though is beyond me! You are crazy! :eek:

Off I go! BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.