Damage Control...Tuesday.

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Glories.

Last day of workin' out before I rest. It'll be Cardio Combat Surge in some fashion for me today! Can't wait! :)

My legs are DOMS'ing quite nicely from yesterday. Upper body not so much but it's okay. I don't DOMS everywhere after every work out unlike SOME PEOPLE WE KNOW (and love...HI LAURA!)!! Ha Ha-just having some fun busting chops! :p;):D

I was the last to post y'day so there are no personals for me to catch up on. Hope everyone is well...

BBL~

Step Moves warm up and combo # 2
KS Cardio Combat Surge med ball (6#), kickbox(wtd gloves) and combat (firm sculpting stick..14#?) #2 intervals plus stretch

1 hour total. I'm done and it was awesome! :D

Tomorrow....I REST! I EARNED IT! ;)

Hey Girls!

Lets see if I can get a quick check in in while my manager is gone.

No workout for me today. If there is nothing on the go at work tonight I may get a small run in or I may just take another rest day!:eek:

I worked my friend out again today. I think she will br hurting tomorrow. Also had a chat with her aunt...what's up with thinking that you can magically melt the fat off of them? I think this is way over rated...people really have to get with the program. I am sure her aunt will lose some weight while she is working out but MY GOD...your not gonna lose 30 lbs over night! See...this is what I am dealing with. I am seriously thinking about making this women keep a food journal.

Hoping to catch up on personals in a bit!!

Lori:)

Lori,

2 rest days in a row? No! Not you! NEVER! You will work out I bet. Even if it's a quickie. ;)

Yeah, people still believe in that "magic pill" and trust me I know that there is no such thing!!!!!:eek:

Morning Ladies ..

here it is the END of OCt and it was 76 degrees when I left my house.. and HUMID .. the air is so thick .. and we are to be upper 80's today ... crazy .. were are 15 degrees above average today .. UGH ... to get some weather this afternoon and into tmrw .. dang it .. last night I ended up doing 3/4 step - then some light sculpting (minus shldr work) .. NO DOMS TODAY :eek: WENDY!!!! :p (tmrw will be different story though :eek:)

Lori .. everyone wants that magic pill .. and the media and ads are bombarded w/easy fixes ... so easy to buy into them if you want to loose weight .. yes I would make her keep a food journal .. some people dont realize how much they eat or what it really adds up to ... that makes them accountable!!!

Wendy .. I know I am ALWAYS DOMING .. :p .. think b/c I change up my routine so much .. it keeps my muscles firing and guessing!!! but gotta luv the DOMS in a twisted way .. b/c you KNOW you had a workout

Di .. thinking you are getting some ruff weather ... they actually had a CYCLONE warning for the Great Lakes - winds up to 131 mph .. :eek: :confused: .. WTH??????? CRAZY weather here lately!!

Jacque .. hope work is treating you better ..

SO today's plan is either mish mosh class ... or plyo class ... I gotta come up w/some alternate exercises in both b/c of my shoulder .. gonna think on it .. I iced it last night and it did feel better .. OK .. gotta jet have a TON of work .. have a great one!!!:D

Laura...I am very much feeling my U/B after this morning's work out so even though I had none this morning...I think the U/B DOMS may be coming at me for TOMORROW morning! :eek:;):p:D I hear ya on the weather. Unseasonably warm here too-70's this week! Supposed to get thunderstorms too! :eek:

Hi Girls,

I'm home sick today..but have been working all morning.

Yesterday I went to the gym for Chest and Triceps. I had a great w/o and felt great, until I was in the locker room changing clothes. I suddenly felt very dizzy and nauseous. I actually had to lay down on the bench for a few minutes, it was bad. I finally got dressed and went back to work, sent an email that I was leaving for the rest of the day. I came home and rested/slept the rest of the day.

So far today, I've only worked. I planned on working out this morning, even planned on doing 4DS KB/BC cardio. I'm still feeling a little quesy and am actually getting ready to head back to bed for a bit. It's some kind of stomach bug and came on quite suddenly.

My shoulders were quite sore this morning and it took me a bit to figure out why. Although I did chest and triceps at the gym, I used weighted gloves for KPC yesterday morning.:D

Wendy-nice w/o this morning. I don't always get DOMs either, but lately my UB has been talking to me. Probably due to the extra activity my UB is getting since my knee is acting up.:p It's all good! Which KCM dvd's do you have or would you recomment. I'm in need of some shorter, but just as effective w/o's.

Laura-Well TBH, our very own Wendy is my motivation to workout each morning. Every morning when I log in, Wendy has already started the thread and posted her finished w/o. I hope DSIL is taking the necessary action to get better. I do understand wanting to w/o, not just for weight loss, but for your mental well being. I feel so much better when I workout and she probably does too. She needs to do what's best for her body to recover right now though. Maybe you can walk with her, knowing that is not what she is used to but hopefully enough for her mental well being.

Lori-I think a food journal is a great idea. The Holiday Meltdwon class I take each year is starting in mid November. We have to keep a food journal for at least a week, including a weekend. I've often heard we overestimate calories burned and underestimate calories consumed. Hopefully they will start feeling better once they exercise on a regular basis and that can really turn things around for them. Also, a food journal...you go Drill Seargant Lori!! If they want results, they need to be held accountable, and let them know they are only hurting themselves by not sticking to the nutrition and exercise plan.

Jacque-I think I've caught your stomach bug and feel miserable. I've been up and working since 6:30 this morning and am ready to head back to bed for a nap. Hope you are feeling better and your work schedule has let up some.

bbl

Diana:: What do you want out of a KCM work out? Cardio, weights, both, either/or? I have the following KCM 30 minutes to fitness work outs--Weights; Muscle Definition; Boot Camp; Kickbox; Body Training(all body weight work out). Jen just picked up and tried Muscle Definition for the first time and really liked it. Sorry you are sick. Feel better soon. Sudden "attacks" of not feeling well like that are scarey. Especially when you are not at home.

So I was on the amazon website and came across a Kimberly Spreen work out that I don't have and Collage doesn't sell that was a great deal so I just had to get it! It was $10 and change INCLUDING shipping! How could I not?? :p

Hola chiquitas !

Well I was in San Diego today - left the house b4 6 AM and just got back at 7 PM. Beautiful weather and the last of my retirement meetings ! Woo Hoo !
Tomorrow is an early Lead Team meeting and then back to regular schedules (as regular as it can get). Prepping for month end (right Laura ;)) but alll is well to get something accomplished - that is my plan and I'm stickin' to it ! :eek:

So Mon. evening I did my 4DS High Intensity - little DOMmy in the UB and got a good sweat in there. If I wake early enough (thought I'm pretty tired) it will be 4DS Kickbox. We have a Sharks game tomorrow night - not sure if/when I'll get it in, may be Thurs if it doesn't happen tomorrow. At least my sicknesses seem to be gone (knock very hard on wood !:rolleyes:).

Wendy - I'm with Diana and feel like I use you all for motivation for my workouts when my body seems to be cooperating. Good to hear you have new DVD's to keep you intrigued for a while. Hope you enjoy your rest day tomorrow !

Lori - I too wonder if you actually could take 2 rest days back to back?:p LOL about dropping 30 lbs overnight - those people with no goals or willpower . . . the little magic pill . . . yes siree . . . amazing what some people will believe. Well the food journals definitely help us realize what we really are eating - even for those of us who KNOW better. I LOL when I see some people eat - they say that us "skinny" folk eat more than them. I'm not sure I believe it most of the time. The % of people who have real genetic issues is, I believe, way smaller than the media continues to put out there for others to buy into. All in all, hope you can really help some of your clients "find there way" to a happier healthier lifestyle. That would be wonderful - you go girl ! ! !

Diana - ahhhh noooooo sorry you are feeling ill. I had my flu shot last year - think that is why it didn't last long for me but kinda lingered. DH (no flu shot last year) was sick much longer than I. Definitely rest - helped me loads. Can't remember the last time I slept during the day and my "bad day" I probably slept 15+ hours from AM to AM. I was amazed ! :confused: Glad you got a great workout in y'day so a rest day or two or three won't hurt. My old age is teaching me well, huh? ;)

Laura - WOOOOO HOOOOO WAR EAGLES ! Congrats to you ! I skimped and modified on the shoulders the other night tooo. Just can't do many without the grinding starting. Even hits me on bench press if I go too heavy. I just do what I can to keep some strength - actually did push ups with my hands on my step. The angle helped me do more than flat on the floor. Crossing fingers for SIL and perhaps you must talk to BIL? Would you do that if she doesn't spill all the beans? I know I would if it is as serious as you are saying . . . Or have DH talk to BIL so it isn't coming from you ? ? ? :confused: Like the idea of you walking with her - maybe checking with the doc to see how much she is allowed to do without risking herself much?

Time to skeedaddle. Won't be here in the AM - gotta jet outta here early again - will BB with a workout soon though ! ;) Thanks for the continued support my girlie friends ! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.