Damage Control...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Girls!

Happy Tuesday that feels like a Monday but this is a GOOD thing! Short work week!!!!:D:D:D

Hope everyone's weekend/holiday was a nice one. We sure had a good time (as usual) but getting back to reality is TOUGH! I ate, drank, shopped and played my way through a fabulous weekend. I really don't wanna go back work today! *whine!!!!*

So Friday morning I snoozed my alarm too many times so no w/o (disc 5) for me before we left. (We were out of the house before 10am.)

Saturday I was so busy doing fun things that I ran out of time for my work out and wasn't "strong" enough to blow off something fun in order to MAKE TIME. :eek:

Sunday FINALLY I was so overcome by guilt and, probably more to the point, so bloated from all of the food and drink that I did MMA:Boxing. :p

Yesterday we left A/C before 9am b/c we had to p/u the dog by noon from the kennel and we wanted to run up to my MIL's and get DS first. It was a tight one but we got it done and were home by 12:30! I was exhausted. I took 2 naps in a time span of about 5 hours. LOL. I also did laundry and cleaned though so I wasn't a totaly lazy bones. ;)

FINALLY after nagging myself about it, I did Disc 5 after a small, quick dinner. I already had unusually strong DOMS (from MMA:Boxing I can only assume) in my core so doing the back work from Disc 5 was a bit of a challenge but I made it happen and today I feel no worse for the wear! It's early though. By 5pm I'll probably be in traction! :p So glad I got it done though! That one disc could have REALLY messed up my schedule! :rolleyes:

Okay, this is turning into a short story....better go before you girls wanna slap me! LOL

BBL!

Good Morning!:) (I think)

Terrible...terrible sleep! DS never use to wake up but now we can't even check on him before bedtime and he wakes up?:mad: I had to go back to work last night and by the time I got home it was almost 1 a.m. Then DS wakes up but doesn't go right back to sleep....all he does is toss and turn! We played musical beds for a while and the last time I saw the clock it was almost 3!:mad::mad: I am gonna be so sleepy later!

Wendy** Sounds like you had an awesome weekend....guessing your not stepping on the scale anytime soon:p I have been filling myself up with to much food lately and am usually bloated and stuffed after dinner.The rest of the day I am ok though and don't care to eat to much:eek: Oh well!

Diana** There is always one needy one! LOL One of my nieces is so high maintance. She is a different character, I tell ya and we all know it. Im not sure when she is gonna stop crying.She will be 6 in Nov and she still has about 5 meltdowns a day,sometimes more,depending on what side of the bed she woke up on! Its hard to get things done when they are around. I was trying to clean up from supper yesterday and DS wanted to play outside, so I let him but all he was doing was making work for me. It took me twice as long to get the dishes done.

Jen** Good job witb B&G!! I really like that workout as well.

Im not to sure what I am doing for a workout. I was considering a circuit...then I thought about 20mins on the TM and then 4DSBC. I don't really have to be at work at a certain time but Tues are normally our busier day so I should try to be there by 10. If I workout from 8-9 I should be able to pull it off!

I will bbl!

Lori:)

Cardio & Weights step only premix, lower abs and inner thighs...DONE!

Off to pack the food for the day!

Back again! Still waiting for DS to wake up! And he hates being rushed so its gonna take forever to get to work today!:confused:

My workout was 3 miles on the TM, 4DSBC and 2 seg of 4DS legs

Wendy** Nice workout! Have a good day at work! I already took 2 tylenol for the headache I know I have coming! LOL

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I should've headed out already for my run...I'm dressed and ready but I don't feel like it. UUGGHH. Wonder if I should just head out for 3 miles...something shorter. At this point I'm considering 4ds bootcamp...not sure.

I logged in to work to check my calendar and realized I won't get in a workout at lunch. Today is heavy legs and I can't do these exercises at home. Guess I'll have to change the schedule a bit to get everything in this week before we go on vacation.

Jerod has a consultation to have his wisdom teeth removed. He's had one consult already, but I didn't like the Dr. We are going to the same one DS2 had, we both liked him and hopefully DS3 will to.

Wendy-glad you had a great weekend! ...and you finally got disc 5 completed, nice work.

Lori-sorry you didn't get a good nights sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night, thought one of the girls fell out of bed, but she didn't. The girls are still in a crib at home, but are sharing a bed at my house. They will sit on the bed and play but will not get off of the bed until someone comes into the room.

Waving HI to Jacque, Jen and Laura.

bbl

:mad:Geez, have to get up awful early in the morning to catch you FAST ladies!
You are already DONE. How early do you all get up?

Feeling my DOMS from B & G y'day. Today will be UB, if I have to fight the whole household for my 1 hour of exercise!!!! LOL

sayin' howdy to all-- An excellent work day to everyone!:D

Last edited:
Lori:: Sorry about the bad night's sleep. I am thankful my son is a good sleeper. Always has been. Started sleeping a solid 5-6 hours at 3 months old. :)

Diana:: So did you get out there and run or do bc instead? Your DGD's must look so cute sharing a bed. Funny that they won't get off until you come to get them. Nice piece of mind for you I am sure. That was my biggest worry when we put Joey in a bed-if he got up what kind of trouble would he get into???

PunkyJen:: I get up at 4:15am usually but today I was worrying about something dumb so I was out of bed at about 3:30. :rolleyes: Enjoy your day!

Good morning ladies !

Well ITA it is a short week ! I was a work-a-holic at my house catching up on some stuff. Got all the carpets in the house cleaned over the span of 2 days as well as planting the remainder of my veggies and flower (though I have one small planter box to redo - need more soil first). Have one plot to weed and then I'll be done for a few weeks. The flowers and veggies are growing great guns right now with this 85' weather. They love it !

Wendy - my back is dying from standing/weeding all day on Sat from 8:30 - 5:30 and then walking to the fireworks and back. It hurt so bad lying there watching them. Y'day was more cleaning but icing and a spa in the evening. No workouts for the weekend at all for me :mad: but I was on my feet moving around nearly the entire 3 days so a cal burn for sure. Am heading for UB today to let the back rest. Glad you had a great weekend!

Lori - I was right there with ya on not sleeping well. Not tired enough to fall back to sleep once I woke at 12 to go to bed. UGH - lazed a bit before getting up. Nice workout you did. Did you see Cathe's July workout? Great FB/Circuit routine though she uses some really old workouts I don't even remember - Power Max? Hope you get to work timely . . . or not ! :p

Diana - Bummer you can't get your lunch workout in but you do a great job of reorganizing to get it all in during the week anyway. Hope you can keep your mind on work while the girls are at home. Would be hard for me . . .

Jen - we are almost always last to post since they are all East of us with Diana being the closest in CO. Other than that it is way East and Eastern Canada. We have a great excuse ! ;) Great job with the B&G - those walking lunges get me stuck every time ! Have a great UB workout today ! You WILL get the famiily to let you do it. When mine were teens they knew better than to bother Mom when she was in her workout room - it had better be an emergency or you would wait for the hour to be completed !

Hey Laura ! Hope the weekend went well for you . . . Relaxed and had fun hopefully !

Until later . . .

Ugh!:eek: So sleeeeeepy! LOL

At work..been on the go ever since I got here but its not enough to keep my mind off the fact that my eyes feel like two pi$$ holes in the snow!:confused:

Wendy** DS is usually a good sleeper but lately when we check on him, we wake him up, which never use to happen. Maybe he doesn't go to bed early enough or something. Its really hard to get him in bed any earlier then 8 now b/c its so light outside. We have a blanket up to his window to keep the light out! LOL

Diana** How often have you been doing heavy legs? I always have a fear of things getting bigger when I go heavier. Not so much with UB but with LB. I usually just use the same weight most times:D and I don't work legs often enough so they are always sore after a workout. What workout did you decide after?

Jacque** Sounds like you were a busy gal! You got alot of things accomplished! I love that feeling. Well, I hope you and I get a better sleep tonight. I have to come back to work again but thankfully its at 7 so its early!

Jen** I didn't get up until 7, normally 6. I would imagine there is probably quit the time difference where we live.

Alright...gonna motor. I need to get some lunch!

Hey Ladies ..

Asylum at full swing .. first of month and short handed .. UGH .. and yes .. TUE that feels like TWO MON rolled into one ..

That being said .. HAD AN EXCELLENT .. just EXCELLENT weekend .. we couldnt even fish .. but ended up in MS .. and got to tour the beaches .. they had MANY workers cleaning the beaches ... then we went and stayed in Biloxi .. I WON :D yes . made up all that I lost and then some :D:D .. now I am set for Vegas!!!!!

OK Before we left .... I did BH Cardio .. let me quote Miss Wendy
WOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!
OK .. NOT what I was expecting! YOWZA ... then I did the strength one yesterday .. OMG .. again .. WOOOOOOWWW ... not what I expected ... but EXCELLENT .. in a different ... hard .. kick your arse but loving it the whole time kinda way!!! Bob is evil .. and yes everytime he said .. I know you are mad at me .. I said .. YES I AM .. LOL .. WOW!!! My arms are SORE today .. figured the legs would be .. but not yet!!!

Wendy .. I am loving BH workouts .. totally NOT what I was thinking .. but in a GOOD way!!!! WOW :D:D:D you and my online FL friend .. I am sending my thanks!!! these workouts and Cathe shock cardio are tops right now ... BBL second .. then tonique third (onlyu b/c of dread factor)

Lori .. sorry for the bad sleep .. man I slept hard last night .. maybe tonight willbe better ..

Di .. are you loving you DGB's .. HA .. as if I have to ask.. ;)

Jacque ... when I got home I did lots of cleaning too .. treated and SCRUBBED the pool .. and got the house straight .. fur babies bathed .. was excellent sense of accomplishment!

PunkyJen .. I think it is impossible to beat these girls to posting.. LOL .. I am usually bringing up the rear!

OK .. soooo this is the week BEFORE the ELECTION .. no class this week .. we are wakling/campaigning .. UG .. PRAY for a clear and no-contest WIN for my DB!!!!!!! think SIL and I are gonna do BH 30 min w/o at lunch .. then our 2 - 3 hour walk in afternoon should coever some good calorie burns .. LOL .. better run .. have a great one .. :D

Jacque:: Sounds like you didn't need to do a w/o this weekend with all that you did around the house/yard! Good job burnin' the cals!!! I am thinking of you as we have this string of brutally hot days here. OMG how you do it w/o AC I will never know. I am sure your heat might be drier then NJ's but still. I couldn't! :eek:

Laura:: Glad you loved Bob's cardio! I haven't had a chance to do the w/o again. My bb piercing is still bothering me so I am hesitant to do lots of jumping around. I am trying to hold off for a bit longer until I get my issues resolved. Tonique really doesn't hold a dread factor for me oddly enough...even as hard as it is!? Odd, right?

Hi ladies,

I finally made it back here. It's been a hectic day...and I left work at 1pm. I had meetings from 9-10, 10-11 and 11-12...then left at 1pm to get Jerod to the oral surgeon.

I ended up doing original BC, cardio only premix. I would say it is comparable to a HIIT w/o, only shorter...about 15 minutes. I burned 150 cals and that's pretty good for 15 mins. The last time I ran I had a lot of foot pain and that may be lingering in the back of my mind..so I'm losing my desire to run. I will keep trying for a few more weeks though before I go back to dvd's.

PunkyJen-hope your family gave you space/time to get your w/o in today. It's so nice having my own w/o area in the basement.

Jacque-well you finally got the carpets cleaned...good for you. I know its been on your list for a while, feels good to have it done. What UB w/o do you have planned?

Lori-The weight rotation I'm following has legs (quads) on M and Back/Hamstrings on TH. I do them on T/F so not to compromise my bootcamp class. I've never been a lttle thing, and I'd rather my big legs be solid and not flabby. If I was smaller like the rest of you gals, I'd probably stick to lighter weights too...but unfortunately for me I'm not. My legs are big partly due to heredity and partly because I'm overweight, but even at my ideal weight...my legs are still big.

Laura-congrats on being the big winner. Oh yes, the BH cardio was not at all what I was expecting. It starts off a little slow IMO, then hello...and he never lets up. Enjoying the gb's a lot-check out my pics on fb.

gotta get back to work...bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.