Damage Control...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies. :)

No work out for me this morning. I slept like complete crap last night. I can have a very "weak" stomach about things and last night's experience with the bb ring apparently got to me more then I originally thought it did. I walked out of there relatively proud of myself that I handled it so well but as the night wore on I felt worse and worse. OMG, it was HORRIBLE and I know it was all in my mind but I just couldn't stop it! I barely ate dinner and what I did eat I had to force. I poured a glass of wine for myself thinking that would relax me and I'd feel better. MISTAKE. I think it made it worse so I didn't finish the glass. I couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned and got up about 10x in 2 hours. When I finally did manage to doze off every little thing woke me up! Sooo...instead of getting up at 4:30 I got up at 5:45...and I am STILL tired. :(

My belly button is very sore this morning. I think it's from being messed with last night. I took some ibuprofen. Hopefully it will help.

If I find some energy I will try to do a work out tonight but I'm not overly optimistic that it will happen. LOL

Well, gotta go pack lunch now. BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning Girls!:)

Yesterdays workout was little over 12k with DS in the stroller and some abs. It was suppose to be raining today so I offered to take my two nieces for the day. Now it looks like it may be an o.k day so Im not sure what we will do all day. I think I will get DD to watch them while I go for a run:D

We went to preschool yesterday and he seemed to like it. Grant it, his little cousin was there but even before he seen her he was o.k. He probably thought he was at a play ground or something and he doesn`t realize that he will be left there tomorrow!:confused:

I am going to read yesterdays thread...then I will return!

Lori:)

Wendy** So Im guessing it was fairly nasty or you just have a weak stomach....(ok....something has gone wrong with my question mark again!) I just need to run out and buy a new ring...I should do that today. Im not sure where my old one is that I took out. Mine got infected the last time as well. It was weird. It was almost as if there was a pimple right in the middle of the peircing so of course I picked at it. Eventually, while it was healing the peircing shrunk to where that pimple was. Im guessing its normal for the amount of skin that is there to shrink anyway.Its been fine now for about 5yrs or so. And it survived me being preggo without growing over.

Diana** I think your workouts on the weekdays can make up for your lack of on the weekends. I feel your pain though because when I am off thats when I should have the most time to do weights and cardio....but I don`t. I tend to just stick to the cardio and make up for the weights part sometime during the week.

Jacque** So did DH have it done right for you....again...no question mark:mad: I don`t know whats wrong with this computer half of the time! Drives me nuts! I am back to work tomorrow but its a holiday here on Thurs....so I will just get extra pay for working it.:D And we will see what happens with my raise!

Laura** What a way to start off a monday morning! You should just be a SAHM for your dogs!:D Sounds like you had an awesome weekend though!

K...I have 3 crazy kids in my house right now but atleast they are letting me check in. Also...we have no water supply from 9-3 so there is a good chance my run will be postponed until later today.

Lori:)

Lori:: No it really wasn't that bad. I am just a wimp when it comes to things like that yet getting tattooed does not bother me. It hurts but it doesn't make me feel sick. Go figure. :rolleyes: Pre-school is a great thing. My DS loved it. I hope he likes kingergarten just as much! Good luck to your little guy in his first year at school! So exciting! :D

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies,

I'm dressed and ready for my morning run today. Just checking in and enjoying my foffee first. The temps are in the 90's for the rest of the week, so running has to be done in the morning.

We did a lot of pushups in bc class...on top of chest and tri's yesterday I've got some nice DOMs in the chest and triceps! Lunch workout will be legs and back. Normally back wouldn't fall until Friday but since I'm off that day, I'm not sure what w/o's will get done.

Wendy-glad you got your bb checked, sorry it grossed you out though.:mad: Anyway it sounds like it should heal just fine. I've suffered many a sleepless night, get your rest tonight and try again tomorrow.

Lori-DS is going to preschool...how fun. My kids loved preschool. Nice run yesterday...pushing the stroller too.:D

bbl to see what all the other DC'rs are up to.

Diana:: How did your run go? Gotta have that foffee first! I hear you loud and clear on that one! ;) I had thoughts of hoping to get a 2nd wind tonight and do my w/o but I am realistic in realizing this probably won't happen and that's ok. As long as I get discs 5 and 6 done before I leave for A/C on friday it's all good. Not worried about cardio cuz that's all I'll be doing while in A/C. :)

Good morning ladies !

Today will be cardio of some sort - perhaps a kickbox as I haven't done any for a long time and then need some abs too.

Wendy - no biggie about the workout but so sorry you are worried about your belly. I'm sure it will be fine but know exactly how some things bug more than others. I hate it when I wake up and a though crosses my mind - like you, I never get back to sleep. And yes, the wine makes the mind wander even further ! ;) Good that you have enough days left in the week to get a workout in - who knows, without DS you may just decide to workout tonight when you get home ! That might take your mind of any woes and definitely make you tired ! :p Check your email - by the way, love the name. :D

Lori - nice of you to take the girls today - I'd much rather have nice weather so they could play outside, but then I have fences and not sure you do? DH did not finish and put some of the tubing where I had seeds planted but I'll take the head start. Need to go buy more pieces to make it all work but it has motivated me. I learned a long time ago that if I want something done the way I'd do it I do it myself, otherwise, I just take it as it has been done and leave it alone. Does that tell you that I am a perfectionist? If not, I am ! :rolleyes:

Diana - nice job getting all the wt work in this week by splitting it up like you did. Hope you had a nice run and are able to stay cool today. We'll be a little cooler than you - I love the nice mid 80's - perfect for this California girl! :D

Laura - hoping for a less stressful day for you. Is your headache gone? Mine is so far and I can't tell you how much better I feel ! Ugly when a day without a headache makes it a good day, even if all the rest falls apart.

Punky Jen - how are you doing these days?

Time to skeedaddle . . .

Jacque:: Got your email. :) I am short and that email name originated when I was dating a guy who was over a full foot taller then me! :D So what k/b work out do you think you'll do? I was thinking I might w/o tonight particularly b/c DS is not around. DH bowls so with DS not home it's a perfect time BUT I have to start getting my stuff together for A/C so I don't know if the w/o will happen even if I have the energy. Time will tell!

woohoo .. rib is healing .. working @95% now!!

Hello ladies..

So did circuit class w/LB trpl sets .. and WOOHOO .. did my reg/ Monday night killer abs.. got better rang of motion .. and more reps ... the laying flat and all the way up is still a problem .. but WOOOHOO .. I'll take it .. but was expecting DOMS .. and I dont have any :confused: oh well .. tonight is PLYO class .. w/yoga cool down .. I have lost some flexibility .. so I am sure I will be complaining about DOMS tmrw!! :eek:

Wendy ... sorry about the BB issue .. you whimpy????? come on now ... that is hard to beleive!!!! my VBF is like that .. man she will hurl at the least sight of blood or smthng nasty ... and she gets fainty too .. I dont have that problem ... when I worked for the Vet - the only thing that bothered me was nasty smells (maggotts etc) or assisting in BONE surgery .. eeewww .. the sounds were like nails on a chaulkboard :confused: hope today is better for you!!

Lori .. 3 kids and it is raining .. man .. I feel for you!!! hang in there!!! LOL

Jacque .. my head is better .. but today hasnt started off good .. give you one guess ..... {drum roll please} .. PIA .. yup .. she called in w/sick child 2 days last week .. and wanted off early last fri .. she is off two days this week and called in w/herself sick today :eek: :mad: :confused: ggrrrrrrrrrrrr .. we live on a pond .. have a creek behind our house .. and our town is known for the lakes and great fishing .. but it just isnt the same .. and our boat too big .. it runs to deep for some places here .. would be scared to get it on lake too far!!! but we do have a smaller boat we can take out .. :D

Di .. I gotta get back to my heavy legs in the gym bad .. I can tell I have not been doing it ..

OK .. gotta jet .. my lunch time .. have errands .. then some spaghetti that DH made last night .. it was delish .. made w/deer meat ... so not fattening .. have a great one!

Laura:: Yay for oncoming DOMS! Yup, total wimp here with certain things! I still feel gross. I was okay when I woke up but not anymore. I am having a better moment right now but just before I felt pretty awful. I know it's all in my mind but I can't seem to control it. :( As the bb heals it will get better though so here's to hoping it's quick healing! The guy who helped me last night seems to think there should be good improvement in just a few days. I was happy to hear that!

Jacque:: I responded to your email. :)

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Well I stepped on a crack in the cement at exactly the wrong spot on my foot and ended up cutting my run short, only 4 miles. I even had to walk some of it...booh:mad: The morning temps have been great for running.

Speaking of running, we did tons of that in bootcamp last night. It was a sweatfest for sure! Heading to the rec ctr for heavy legs (and back) if there is enough time. If not, then I will do back tomorrow morning and a short cardio.

Jacque-Kickboxing sounds good...haven't done one of those in a while myself. I'm going to have to take some "no equipment needed" workouts with me on vacation. I'm sure you're drip system will be complete in no time!

Laura-almost 100% healed..WoooHooo. I'm sure nothing quite compares to your deap sea fishing, but you may be stuck fishing inland for several years.

Wendy-sorry, can't help you with the STS ticker. I think there are instructions somewhere on this site, I never got it to work either. I tried setting up the workout manager to display on FB and it didn't work for me either...I see it's working for you though.

Lori-how is your day going with all the kids...

bbl

PunkyJen-what are you up to today?

Well I was able to catch a short snooze at lunch. I feel a tad bit more awake but more importantly some of the "grossness" has subsided. Hopefully it will fade more and more as the day progresses. It's such an nasty feeling! BLECH.

Diana:: Sorry you had to cut your run short. 4 miles isn't bad though! Yeah, I got the work outs to post from the WM to FB no problem but I have no clue why the ticker isn't working here on the forums. :confused:

OK Wendy .. I first looked thought the ticker was saying you had 35 pounds to loose .. I thought WTH??? then I realized it was the chpt of DVD .. LOL .. OK .. WHEW .. skeeered me there for a while!! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.