Damage Control TuEsDaY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
ood Morning!:)

I have company waaaay to early:confused: I went in DS's room to cover him up and he woke up:confused: To early for him to get up but whenever he wakes he seems to be in a good mood. So he is sitting pretty much on top of me right now, watching tv.

I was thinking about going outside for a run, it seems to be pretty nice out there. That means I will have to wake DH up though....so I need to decide what I am doing very soon.

Oh dear guys....DD and I were having the *ex talk last night. She is only 14...in grade 8 and she isn't thinking about doing anything yet but she is talking about everyone else who is. I thought I was going to throw up. She has a bf now but they haven't been together that long. What happens if they stay together for a few months? My nerves are going to be gone. Im not sure how I can get through to her that her age isn't appropraite. I tell her that she shouldn't be doing anything until she is prepared to deal with the consquences.....but you know how kids are. They think they are 20 already and she is an exception cause she has always acted older. Maybe I should just try to break her and her bf up! LOL Anyway....I still have some time to deal with this situation but in reality....if she keeps seeing this boy...I don't even want to think about it. Why are kids in such a hurry to grow up? and not only that...they all know who is doing what. They openly talk about it, nothing is a secret anymore.

I will bbl and catch up on personals! I should be able to check in today b/c the boss will be around and I think they will be going out of town!!

Lori:)

Good Morning.

So I dragged my butt out of bed (after 8 hours of sleep, yes, I was still DRAGGING) to do a short work out. My mistake was that I attempted cardio. WRONG answer! Didn't have enough time to switch up once I discovered I had made a mistake (about 3 minutes into it) so I packed it in. DH has a doc appt early this evening which means no time for a real supper so if I feel okay I may do some lower body work later. If not, that's what's on tap for tmrw. NO CARDIO UNTIL I KICK THIS COLD. I just can't do it. :(

Lori:: Hugs to you re your DD. I can't even imagine....I am sure you will do/say the right thing though!

That's all for now. BBL.

Hi Ladies,

Well last night was officially the last night of the Spring Fitness Challenge. Summer bootcamp doesn't start until June 7th. In the mean time, several of our classmates are going to continue to meet and w/o together on Mon and Thurs. until summer class starts.

Yesterday morning I did about two thirds of plyo legs, I just ran out of time. I also made it to the rec ctr for 40 min on the elliptical and ab work, and finished the day with a tough w/o last night. There was a lot of running and stair running last night and with the plyo legs, my legs are quite sore today.

My wrist is feeling a little better today so I'm giving C&B a try. Hope to get a run in at lunch too. I'm reading Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Diet Recharged and am trying to eat more fresh foods and less packaged junk. It's been about a week and a half an no weight is gone:mad:...and I've been tracking on fitday. I am expecting results in the next week or so though.

Amanda is letting us have the girls for 4 weeks this summer!!:p She said she's basically following the state guidelines for parents who live in different states. She's going to have her case worker send me the guidelines so I know when Cody has access to the girls, but she is willing to work with us so that is good.

Lori-Hope DD understands the seriousness of having sex and all the consequences that could happen. She is very young but will probably take everything you say to heart.

Wendy-hope you feel better soon girl! I'm looking forward to more cardio, my weight is at the high end, as it always is when I do a lot of lifting. I have more time now to throw in additional cardio at lunch, hopefully that will help-along with the cleaner eating.

bbiab to check on my peeps!! (couldn't resist)

Morning ladies !

Well I was in a funk last night after work so no workout but looked online for PT jobs. Found an at home writing ad for HR compliance e-learning writing so we'll see if I get a response - it was on Craig's liast. It is right up my alley and pays pretty well for PT at home. At least I was productive ! :p

Lori - UGH and so right about the kids wanting to grow up fast. My DD has so many friends her age with kids and though she adores little ones, has seen how much of their lives the young mothers give up and struggle with. Hard situation for you since you did it and made it through - and the young ones are so much less responsible these days than our generation. I've seen many make it through but it is hard as you know ! Especially if it is not a solid relationship. Does she like pain? Have her watch a delivery ! Would that cure her? :eek: Know how she likes to sleep in? Haver HER get up with her little brother for a week - think that would do it? :rolleyes:

You'll make it through and it is great that you are talking about it - best way. Hope the bosses "leave" you alone today ! ;)

Wendy - sorry you aren't up to a good AM workout today. Rest is the best for a cold ya know ! :rolleyes: I have a hard time with cardio when I'm sick too - heck - I don't even have to be sick to forego a workout ! :eek:

Diana - Woo Hoo good to hear the girls can come out and Amanda is patterning visitation after the state's guidelines. Can't do much better than that. Are you gonna be one of the Bootcampers who goes while class is in hiatus? Nice job on all the workouts and the food ! Hope it all starts to come together for you soon. ITA about maintaining or gaining during heavy lifting - don't think our bodies will do anything but unless you go on a strict bodybuilding nutrition plan which is not always the healthiest.

TTFN . . .

Morning Ladies :cool:

DOMS report: chest & shoulders from lunch p90x .. and butt, thighs and core from my torture .. did an older circuit routine w/longer shaping circuits than cardio .. ouchie!!! :)

Lori - OH MY!!! :eek: I dont envy you at all .. but the positive sounds like you have a good trusting relationship w/your daughter .. I was a late bloomer .. think when most girls were having sex I was playing outside :eek: .. my first was with my first love .. was head over heals in love w/the jack@$$ :mad: would like to say wish I would have waited but I did wait longer than most .. and I did learn some VERY valuable life lessons from the jerk .. UGH .. young and dumb!!!! :confused: I think Jacque's advice is good .. scare the beejeezus outta her :eek: :p

Wendy .. oooohhh girl .. feel better .. and stop trying to push thru the cold .. you gotta rest like it or not!!! give your energizer battery time to recharge!!!!! sending healing vibes to ya!!

Di .. congrats on Amanda being sensible .. maybe things will work smoothly .. she has to know how much you love your GB's ... that is something regaurdless of her relationship w/ya'll or the father .. like it or not .. babies are for life .. you are tied together no matter what forever .. might as well work together to make it a POSITIVE thing for the kids :)

Jacque .. good advice for Lori .. LOL .. good luck on the PT at home thing .. hope it works out for ya .. our traffic congestion is worst on Fridays - Sunday .. BEACH traffic .. our town has a historical section that just so happens to be the MAIN route to the beach .. it bottlenecks and screws up the flow of traffic .. ugh .. there has been a proposal for a bypass forever but there are those that WANT the traffic/business ..but for those of us commuting is is a pain in the arse!!

OK .. sooooooooooo a power walk is on tap for today at lunch .. SIL is in another town today .. it is beautiful out .. but I have a feeling I am gonna get sweaty today .. tonight is PLYO class ... OK ladies .. gotta jet .. have a great one and great sweaty workouts (NOT YOU WENDY sit your arse down!!!!!) :D

Lori:: OMG I gotta say that was one of the hardest things about having a baby IMO. The sleep deprivation during infancy!!!! It about killed me! I was a wreck! Still hate the fact that it basically ruined me for sleeping past 6:30 more often then not as well. I think a few times up with Rylan and your daughter will be cured of any impure thoughts that may have been building! ;)

Laura:: Rest rest rest my butt. lol. I took 3 out of the 4 days off last week b/c of this dumb cold and you know what it did??? NOTHING! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired and even more tired of not working out b/c of it! :p

Diana:: I've been doing lots of cardio lately and liking it even if it's in short spurts. I hope to kick this cold soon and be able to get back to it!

Jacque:: Good luck the PT job application! Be careful answering ads from Craig's List though! Remember what happened to me? :rolleyes:

Page 2 girls! I found us on page 2! WTH!?!?! :p

I feel like dog poop. I was hoping to push out some lower body tonight but I think the couch is calling my name instead. :(

Good night everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.