Damage Control...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

Well no, actually actually it's not. I lied! :p I took that 90 minute nap last night after dinner and then ended up not closing my eyes again until almost 11 and getting up at 4:15 like I usually do. Um yeah, I'm tired! :rolleyes:

Today's work out will be GS Triceps and hopefully some kind of cardio. I think I was planning on some of Imax 2 yesterday before I had to skip it so maybe I'll stick with that plan. I'll see...

Okay, gonna post this and then come back for personals!

Laura:: How did class go with the achey back? So I take it you were happy about the appt you couldn't miss clashing with the GTG b/c you didn't want to eat badly this weekend? I hear you girl! I TOTALLY get it!!!!! Sorry you have to now go out after your class on Thursday. I can understand not wanting to do that but also the guilt if you don't go. I felt guilty about the shower and this girl isn't even a close personal friend of mine! I did not even get a real invitation and I still felt bad...but that's a story for another time!LOL Anyway, hope the back is better today!

Diana:: A wireless printer!?!? Wow. I am behind the times. Had no idea they even existed! We should be FINALLY getting out PC back from the guy who fixed it for us this weekend. Gonna hafta tell DH we need a wirless printer to hook up to it. We have to go shopping for a new router anyway! :p Curly fries are great-seasoned right? YUMMY!

Jacque:: I was thinking of you doing DWP as I was drifting off to sleep after dinner last night! :p I love that work out actually. Love all the HiiT's. Find 40/20 to be the hardest though so I love that one the least! ;) Yes, me hungry and w/o food is NOT a good thing! LOL It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be y'day probably b/c my body did not have the chance to eat completely normal again yet since being sick. I did, however, cave to a small bag of Cheese it's y'day afternoon b/c I had no more food left. I don't feel too badly about it though cause the alternative could have been an ugly one! :D

Lori:: A marathon, huh? Congrats! I wish I had gotten one under my belt before running went out the window for me but my heart just wasn't in it. I am sure that you will do great. You are a runner at heart (where I am not obviously) so you will enjoy the entire process from training right through to the actual race...even if it gets really tough. I hear ya on the snow melting. Our snow is finally going away and we are getting rain right now but there may be some snow coming at the end of the week. :eek:

Good Morning!

We are up bright and early again:confused: Notice I said "we" LOL! I went to bed a little earlier last night so I feel much better today then I did yesterday morning. DH tried to get DS to get up with him and do his pee but he wouldn't do it....mommy had to go!:mad:

I have a new pair of sneaks to try out today:) Looking forward to that. New sneaks always make me excited to workout;) I didn't to go to crazy yesterday with the chest weights so I didn't think I was going to get any DOMS...guess I was wrong! My chest was hurting last night when I went to bed. Today's workout will just be cardio.

Wendy** Well...you can't have it all you know! You can't nap and go to bed early!:p Even I know that! LOL Glad you are feeling better though! I am not 100% sure about this whole training process. I have heard people say that the fun is in training for a marathon. I enjoy running but I don't enjoy running FOREVER. The 1st time I did 30 kms with my running partner it wasn't to bad, the 2nd time I tagged along for 26 kms and that one seemed like it was never going to end. We won't always be able to do our long runs together b/c she works every 3rd weekend and I work every 2nd. It will be o.k to do the long runs alone sometimes though b/c I would like to see what my pace will be on my own. I followed her pace the last time, which of course was much was to lower b/c it as to be.

Laura** No...you can't ditch VBF gathering:) It almost feels like christmas when there are to many things on the go. One of my friends called the other day to complain about crazy her life is. I barely talk to her anymore and the conversation was all about her. She was talking about how sick the kids were, buying a new vehicle , selling her house...yada, yada. She as no where to stick her furniture for a few monthes and she magically thought about my sisters empty house:confused: Im sure she did! LOL I bet thats all she called for. I told her to ask my sister...not sure what happened after that. Anyway, I am glad my life isn't as crazy as her's but some people bring it all on themselves!

I think that's it from moi. Had a chat with DD last night...not sure if it did any good. I had to stay in my room and stay away from her b/c I thought I was gonna lose my mind. I went to the store and when I came back she was hid away on the phone. She hasn't even apologized for what she did. And believe me...lying is the best part of it. I told her that if she wants to start acting like an adult and not listening to the rules then she can go find somewhere else to live, cause she ain't living here. My way or no way and the sooner she realizes that the better.

BBL!
Lori:)

Hey! Just popping in quickly from work to say that I did GS Tri's and the cardio only premix from KCM's 30 mins to fitness bootcamp this morning. Good work out! It was my first experience with the Bootcamp vid and the cardio was all floor exercises that got me alot more winded then I figured it would have!

That's all for now but I'll BBL!

Good morning ladies !

For some reason my brain has had it's own alarm clock going off at 5 AM lately. Perhaps it is my subconscious hearing Wendy and Lori typing away at their computers and working out? :eek: So I got up rather than let work thoughts invade my mind any longer. Need to review my taxes and e-file so that will happen in a few.

Wendy - sounds like you needed sleep more than cardio last night. With your workout done already you'll have time for another nap tonight ! Cheese is not all that bad - at least no carbs, right ! Carbs do me in more than anything. Cheese lasts in my belly longer. Many times I wrap a string cheese with turkey or roast beef and just eat like an appetizer.

Lori - I love new sneaks too ! You'll fit your training in. I like to run but only for shorter distances. Never been more than about 10 miles if I remember correctly. Did get that runner's high though and felt like I could run forever - not quite the same feeling the next day though ! :p My legs were killin' me. :confused: I would bet your DD is only thinking of herself - kids seem to be quite self-absorbed these days - unlike we were - you nailed it the other day in the comparison. Different times for sure and so difficult for us to understand or combat ! You are doing what a good parent should and I'm glad to see you sticking to your guns. Seems like you went through nearly the same thing last year too. At least it has been a year ! ;)

Laura - good to hear you didn't fall on the TM y'day. Hope your class went well. Maybe when you do your GTG you can have a big salad when you first get there or before? Then you can be full and not eat too many "ugly" things? Or take a nice snack to work to eat just before. But if you're working out first you can do a tough cardio in prep for the GTG.

Well time to review taxes and get my weightwork done. BBL girlies !

Good Morning Ladies,

Boy, I was exhausted yesterday. I managed to go to class and get a few things done afterwards...but once I layed down...I was sound asleep.

This morning is disc 18, back and biceps. Usually I look forward to this w/o but I'm feeling a little groggy and the pullups/chinups seem intimidating right now.

Wendy-glad you are feeling better today. You weren't the only exhausted yesterday! We needed a new printer, our old one, whenever you used it for scanning, it wouldn't change back to printing. We basically had to do a hard shut down to switch it back, very annoying.

Lori-sorry you are having a hard time with DD. We had a couple issues with DS1, but he was 19 at the time. He stayed out all night and didn't tell us. We basically told him to just let us know if he wasn't coming home so we wouldn't worry and DH told him it was very disrespectful to me. Two nights later he did the same thing. DH told him he had 3 choices, he could accept a grounding, start paying rent, or move out. He chose to move out...in with Amanda...and now I have granddaughters. You will enjoy the marathon training, I did. Although I never ran a FM, the training program was good for me. I actually did the shorter runs in the morning followed with a 4DS weight w/o.

Jacque-what disc are you on? Thanks for the recipe, I haven't even made them yet.:eek: Is the state of CA still giving IOU's for state tax refunds? How does that work, do you ever get your money? We usually get a refund from federal and owe state. If I was in CA, I would try to owe state every year.

Laura-You will have a good time at the GT. We are having one tomorrow night...I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not a very social person but do enjoy hanging out with a few friends every now and then. Gotta love the burn from the elliptical..I know I do.

Morning Jen!

bbl

Well the phones are down here. Doesn't leave me with much to do until they are working again. :confused:

Jacque:: If I was a real go-getter I could have thrown my work out clothes on after my nap last night but uh..that was NOT happening! :rolleyes: LOL, yup I am usually getting ready to work out at 5am. I drink my coffee and have my play time before that. I seriously considered sleeping in this morning and skipping the work out but guilted myself out of that option. I wouldn't exactly qualify Cheese Its as CHEESE but hey, if you say so, who am I to argue?? ;) No worries today though. I have my full day's stock of eats so I am good to go! :D So you did your taxes at 5-6 in the morning!? Oy! That's waaay too much thinking for me that early. Good luck with that! :p

Morning ladies ..

class last night was good .. it was humid and I sweated a TON .. everyone was DRENCHED .. :eek: .. today is another powerwalk on the trail weather permitting .. if not I am going to hop back on the elliptical and work bis and tris .. I have PLYO class tonight so cant fry the legs too bad .. NO DOMS to report :eek: SHOCKER!!!!

Well the ZUMBA classes start tonight after my class .. I heard several of my students wondering about it .. so there may be some adjustments in my classes .. just hoping it is not long term .. I dont see my hardcore people liking it .. a couple talked about going after my class tonight :confused: .. ummmmm .. ok .. we are doing PLYO .. not too sure how they are going to manage that :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: .. but I guess I will see tonight .. wondering if it will be the crowd they are talking about .. ??????

Wendy .. glad you are feeling better .. you prbly needed the rest last night .. ya .. I gotta go to the GGT ... I am THE worst at feeling guilty .. and I totally need to go .. and DH is on nights .. so he is not home . . it really is the best time to go .. sooooooo .. I will just have to try to be 1/2 way good .. LOL .. the back did ok... think the adrenaline pushes in and I dont feel it as bad .. it seems better today (nock on wood)

Lori .. stick to your guns w/DD ... one thing my parent instilled in me .. if I was under THEIR roofs I would do as they said .. period .. which I didnt push the limits b/c my father would have beat the crap outta me .. LOL ... I totally respected his wishes whether I agreed with them or not!! but sounds to me like your wishes are well founded and based on respect for you and your DH .. hoping she wises up and gets a clue!!! TEENS .. GEESH!!!!!

Di .. I am groggy this morning too .. slept good .. only got up about 3 times .. but this morning had the WEIRDEST dreams .. and I woke up confused thinking WTH?????? LOL .. the dreams wore me out :p

Jacque .. yes .. I have to go to the GT ...and I will have a salad .. my downfall .. CABS and appetizers .. this is the place that has fried dill pickles to DIE FOR .. OMG .. they are soooo freaking good!!!! :confused: :eek:

Hello Jen!

OK .. so better run .. have a great one .. we have decent temps today .. so i brought shorts to wear in class tonight .. my legs will be so white they will be a beacon shining bright :confused: but just one more motivation to get my arse on track .. summer is coming!!! have a great one~!:D

Phones are still down...

Diana:: Pull/Chin Ups ALWAYS seem intimidating to me which is why I rarely do them anymore! :p:D I'll have to check out the printers with the scanning option and perhaps even a fax too! My DH isn't gonna like you much after I tell him where I got this idea from! LMBO! ;)

Laura:: Glad class went well and helped to make the back feel better. Yes, try to be good! Save the cals for the CABS. Don't waste 'em on the food,girl! LOL Zumba...isn't that real dancey latin style cardio?? Not my cup of tea. I am afraid of Cardio Axe in BBL cause it is dancey with an obvious latin flair to it!

Speaking of which....

YOU WILL FINALLY GET YOUR WISH, LADIES! I AM UP FOR MY FIRST BBL WORK OUT TMRW MORNING! :D:D:D:D

So I ended up with some nice core/ab doms y'day. I gather it was from the ab/core work out I did on Sunday! I am going to have to do that one again soon. I actually thought about doing it this morning but I would have had to skip the cardio again in order to fit it in and I didn't want to do that!

Okay...back to looking busy for a bit. *sigh*....BBL!

Too funny, Laura!!!! :D

On lunch. Didn't feel like staring at the wall again so I came back for a visit. Got a package of Reese PB cups out of the vending machine at work for "dessert". :eek: Not good! Well they are VERY good actually but not for my butt which is why I am starting BBL tomorrow! Perhaps if i don't tell anyone else that I ate them it will be like it didn't ever happen so SHHHHH girls! Don't give away my secret on me! ;):D:p

Hey Ladies!

Thought I would check in while DH is watching the hockey game...I am pretending that I am interested but him of all people should know I'm faking!:D He was nice enough to come and get DS today and I went for an hour long nap! I sooo needed it! I have been getting up to early for to long!!!

Today's workout was fun. I did Circuit blast with .75 mile runs before each seg. Would have worked out to be 4.5 miles but after the last seg I did another .50 mile to make it 5 miles. I wanted to get abs work in but my running partner called and started yacking about hotel rooms and flights...seriously...this is just the beginning!:confused: In order to qualify for the boston I have to run this race in 3:40! Thats 16 mins faster then my running partner ran the Houston marathon...Im not sure if I can do it!

Wendy** Yum! PB cups!!! I love PB anyway! I made a cheesecake for my running partner for her b-day, took it over to her and hoped she was gonna offer me a taste but she was so wrapped up in everything else that she never even really looked at it. I dunno...it may have been awful, never made that one before. Cant wait to hear about your workout tomorrow!

Diana** Hope you don't feel as tired tomorrow morning. I would consider taking a rest day tomorrow or the next day if DS would let me sleep past 7:30 and then I would just get up and get ready for work. But if I have to get up at 6:30...its just as well to workout!

Jacque** Yeah its always something in my neck of the woods. Grandparents offered to come in and have a chat with her tonight but we just left it alone for now. We will see how her attitude picks up cause right now it sucks. She knows we mean business though b/c she isn't even asking us about things she can do! Normally she will feel us out but she is staying out of our way. Wise choice, I'd say!

Laura** Sounds like you may have some "Lori's" in your class. Going right from Plyo to Zumba!;) Is SIL going to Zumba class?

I will be here bright and early no doubt...with DS and foffee!!

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

Well I only had time for back this morning....I had to skip biceps. Biceps will either get done later tonight or tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get it done tonight and do an hour long cardio session in the morning. We are having our girls GTG tomorrow night!

Wendy-I love pb cups, my favorite. An occasional splurge is okay! Can't wait for BBL reviews! Well our new wireless printer doesn't include a fax...our old printer is hooked up to our extra phone line and does fax. We've only used for faxing a couple of times so I didn't figure it was a must have feature for the new wireless printer. I'll take the blame....go for the new technology!

Laura-Zumba is very popular at the rec ctrs in my area. The classes are always full. I've never tried it, but one of the aerobic insturctor also teaches Zumba. It looks pretty dancy. She sometimes tries to get us step folks to do a zumba warmup and it's pretty comical to say the least. We know up up down down...not hip shakes etc. Us steppers struggle with it...but I've never actually taken the class. Have fun at the GGTG!

Lori-hope things get better with DD. {{{Hugs}}}

bb in the am.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.