Damage Control....Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Just over here sucking down coffee before hitting my work out. I was going to do Shred but I did light weight circuits for 3 days in a row now (I am pretending I am doing SS!lol) so I may opt for straight up cardio instead. Ofcourse at that point I will have to choose between HiiT DWP or MMA: Boxing...Decisions! It may be easier just to do Shred! :p:D

Laura:: OMG, that's so sad about your friend's dog. I couldn't imagine if my dog got killed like that. How awful!!!! :( People with animals that are known to have attitude problems need to be more careful with them. It makes me so angry to hear stories like your friend's or even worse when people get attacked! :mad: Yes, new job starts Thursday! I am excited but extremely nervous...more nervous about commute and longer day then anything else. I've done the work before as you well know. lol It will take a bit of time to get used to it again but it's not like I am totally unfamiliar with the "pleasantries" of collectiong! LMAO! :p:rolleyes:

Lori:: Poor thing-you know my son is sick b/c he will sleep more. He was asking to get to bed quite early a few days before he actually got sick. We had no idea why at the time but are now thinking that was the culprit. Sorry your son didn't do the same for you. :( Is he atleast a bit less energetic? lol It's not only my last "week" at work but my last DAY! :eek: I have off tmrw for a mental break and to get myself prepared and then I start fresh at the new place on Thursday. I wanted to hold off until Monday but they really wanted someone to start ASAP so I couldn't really do that. Oh well.

Okay, well it's time for my work out...whatever that will be! LOL

Catch up with everyone later!:)

Good Morning!

Happy to report a much better sleep last night! DH wanted to get into the hot tub (and so did I) but DS woke up twice between 8-10 so I didn`t think it was a good idea. I figured we were in for a rough night but he woke again at 1:30, I gave him some motrin and that was it until 9 a.m! I am not sure what i will do about tomorrow. I am suppose to be back to work tomorrow morning but I don`t think I should be sending him to the sitters yet.

So since we woke up so late the morning seems like its gone already. Its 10:30 already and I have only managed to make the beds!:confused: I would normally be started my workout by now. Im not sure what my workout will be. I was thinking about doing Disc 11 to get it out of the way but for some reason I have some back DOMS going on from yesterdays workout. Unless I slept the wrong way and I am getting the two pains mixed up:rolleyes: Any pain I would like to think is DOMS! LOL So maybe i should do cardio and then the leg workout I missed last week. Sounds like the plan!

Wendy** Yes, he is alot less energetic although he does have his spurts of energy. He is feeling alot better today but fought sleep last night for alittle while...oh...and now he is eating playdoh and saying `yum, yum`Im sure it is! enjoy your workout!

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

DH has a terrible head cold and I think I'm getting it. I woke up all stuffed up at 4am and took some cold meds. Of course, just as soon as I get back to sleep the alarm went off to get Jerod to basketball practice this morning. I'm considering calling in sick since I don't have any meetings today but haven't decided yet.

Once I get a bit more coffee in me, the rotation calls for 40/20 and some abs. I also missed the last couple of exercises from CSB yesterday so will add those in too. Jerod had to dress up for game day and he needed some help with his tie;). He sure looked handsome.

Yesterday, Zach decided to try an Insanity w/o. He told me he saw an infomercial on MTV and wanted to do the 2 month rotation:p. I told him they were super tough and he said they were just hard for me. Anyway, as I walked passed the bathroom on my way out I saw him laying on the floor. I said "are you okay", he said he thought he was going to have an asthma attack during the warmup and he felt like he was going to be sick.:eek: I couldn't resist telling him "I told you so"!

Wendy-I've only done MMA Boxing once and loved it. DWP is good too. Do you have to dress up for work? About 10yrs ago they allowed us to start wearing jeans, prior to that it was pantyhose, heels and dresses. Now that we are in a separate building, our IT dept is pretty casual. I normally wear jeans and sweaters or nice tops etc. Enjoy your last day! Hope Joey is feeling better.

Laura-Winner....I'm sure that made the Biloxi trip even more fun. Sorry to hear about your friends dog, so sad. Next week is the recovery week and I'm still figuring out what I will do. I'm leaning towards Insanity!

Lori-I haven't decided exactly what I will be doing for the recovery week. I may do some Cathe circuits mixed with Insanity w/o's. Hope Rylan is feeling better.

bbl to see what everyone is up to.

Hey ladies!!

Well I got the NO SLEEP BUG .. :( UGH!!!!! I got in bed around 10:45 .. then a little before 11 the power went off .. well was expecting DH around 11:15 or so .. so then started panicking thinking he could have wrecked and hit a pole .. so I try to call he doesnt answer cell .. anyway .. finally he called back and said power was out on the road to our house .. not sure what the problem was .. but it was REALLY windy .. anyway .. I sleep w/a sound machine .. have a bad problem about not being able to sleep .. have got to have noise to drown out sounds .. the silence was DEAFENING .. sooooo DH starts snoring ..so are the dogs .. I got some ear plugs .. then MY breathing was driving me crazy . ..:mad: .. anyway .. got to sleep FINALLY and at 2 the power came back on but I didnt know it b/c i had on ear plugs .. the the phone rang - the phone was above my head (power co calling to see if power restored) .. ya'll I jumped out of bed like lightning struck . . so try to go back to bed .. couldnt .. finally doze off .. and my sound machine was picking up some sort of radio transmission and it was making a terrible loud 2 - 3 beep popping sound and I would JUMP and wake up .. this went on ALL NIGHT ... so I am working on little to none sleep :( and I am DOMING .. the chest and shoulders and abs!!

sooooooooooooo enough complaining .. today is errands at lunch .. then tonight is plyo class .. SIL is hunting so just is well .. only she would take a day of vacation to hunt .. she killed a HUGE one SUN afternoon ... have the pic on my "friends and stuff" ... I have a DH supervisor banquet THURS and Buster chewed up my heel of my NEW dress shoes .. so I gotta go find some more shoes to wear w/my dress .. ugh ..

Wendy .. have a good last day at your work .. I am sure it is bitter sweet!! And I am sure you will do GREAT at the new job!!:) the hours will be your hardest to adjust too probably ....

Lori .. glad you slept .. that makes ONE of us .. LOL .. I know since SIL lost her weight she is SO MUCH weaker .. skinny little arms .. she lost ALL her muscle and it is amazing how much stronger I am when I workout w/her .. but I am still not where I was towards the end of STS .. but I will get there ..

Di .. LOLOLOLOLOL :p about Zach :p.. when I was reading the "gonna try Insanity .. only hard for you" :p .. I though .. uhoh kiddo .. you are gonna eat those words .. LOL .. I can see him laying there .. that is HILLARIOUS .. maybe he has a new respect for Mom and her workouts now .. LOL .. :D:D

Hello to Jacque and Jen ..

OK ... gotta run .. have a great one .. and great sweaty workouts ..

No workout to report yet, just thought I would check in again. DS really looks like he could have a nap today but I thought that yesterday. He looks tired.

Diana** OMG...I had to laugh when i read your post. Those kids think that we are weak! Actually, I am pretty sure DD knows the dif of that. She got on my TM the other night for a little while and when she got off i said "do some of this" It was double wave, she wasn't down stairs very long before she was up. I asked her if she was finished already and she said "no, i can't do that. I need to work my way up" When my friend came over yesterday I was doing the same workout and I told her to jump in. She did a few tuck jumps and then she did some power scissors and called it quits. She said the muscles in her legs weren't strong enough (which is probably true) even though she just ran 26.2 miles last week:rolleyes: But she doesn't do anything only run. Hope you feel better soon!

Laura** Sorry to hear you had a bad night. Hopefully tonigt will be better for ya! We are suppose to have a freezing rain storm here today. Could be interesting. Im not sure if I have ever seen a storm like that before.

BBL!

Hi y'all !

Poppin' in at lunch time here as I eat my split pea soup with ham & a leftover burger ! :rolleyes:

Missed posting y'day but did get my CSB workout in. Man oh man are my legs still killing me from Sun Legs. After last night's UB workout I did 20 min on the TM - mixed up walking, w/hills, slow jog - my legs were like lead I tell you. Today getting up off my chair at work and the stairs . . . they are speaking to me loudly ! Tonight will be cardio - not sure if I'll stick to the rotation or ? ? ?

Wendy - so what did ya do for your workout today? Did it get busier at work yesterday? Only one day and counting . . . :p So what will you do on your "free day" tomorrow?

Diana - another to LOL at DS ! I know my kids wouldn't be able to keep up either. Would really love DH to try it ! :eek: Hope you feel better and don't end up with DH's sickies. Well you sure are blowing through STS this month. I am only starting week 3 and probably only missed a couple days so far ! :confused: I'd love a rest week right about now . . . so you're thinking Insanity is "rest"? Think you may be a little upside down there ! :p

Laura - so sad about your friend's dog. I know how she feels as far as not having her baby around. I still head to the door to let my girl in but, alas, then I remember she is no longer here. The last dog was a bit easier cuz we still had another - this time it is so quiet (even though she was not noisy). Good to hear your trip went well and you are getting your workouts in. How is work going for you these days?

Lori - Hope sleep finds you tonight ! I'm sure the lack of sleep will kick in for DS soon - especially if he is sick. Just hope he doesn't give it to you !

Off to get back to work . . . l8r girls !

Hey Girls,

Quick check in to report my workout:) I did 2 miles on the TM, then 40/20, then another 1.5 miles on TM, then Disc 9, then yoga abs. Sounds longer then it actually was.

I brought home my turkey from work. My boss buys us a turkey every year and i kept forgetting to bring mine home. I brought it home on Sun night and I forgot to put it in the freezer. So we are having turkey for supper:) Smells like Christmas at my house.

Jacque** My throat is a little scratchy but it didn't amount to anything yet. I have cards tonight with the girls so Im hoping its not a real late night.Gotta love DOMS...I like to think that its battling the cellulite! hehe!

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.