Damage Control....Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Mornin' Glories. :)

Today's work out will be Push 3 unless my legs really start to hurt later. I can feel a bit of the DOMS in them right now but it's currently not bad enough to keep me from the work out. We'll see what happens by the time work is over...;)

Jacque: Congrats on the scale being down. I got on this morning and it's up. I wasn't exactly surprised after the dinners I ate over the weekend. I was good yesterday but it wasn't enough and now tonight I think we are going to MIL's. :mad: I am going to have to control my portions BIG TIME tonight!!! Even if I am still hungry I will just drink alot of water and tell myself I can eat a HEALTHY snack when we get back home. Perhaps I'll even take one with me to eat in the car on the way home if I'm desperate! :D Sorry about the sinus issues. I can't relate but my BF sure could. She has so much trouble with that! I couldn't imagine how frustrated I would be if I had to deal with that all of the time. :eek: So did you like my bell rotation idea?

Diana: Good luck with the America on the Move challenge! I'm sure you'll do great! Being a WW'er you will appreciate this....the woman who's house we were at saturday night for the bbq recently lost 13 pounds on WW! She looks FANTASTIC! She did it using a free trial that was offered online or something. Glad the carpet isn't ruined. Is everything drying out okay in the basement?

Laura: OMG I would JUMP on Cathe's tower if I had the room! It would be perfect too because my B'day is at the end of the month! Dangit to he!!. :mad: I am a kettlebell advocate but considering the tower is a limited time offer I say you need to buy it...NOW! You can get bells anytime! ;)

Well I jumped on the scale this morning (as I told Jacque) and it's up up up. I don't FEEL bad after eating well yesterday but apparently my body is still holding on to some crap....probably alot of sodium as we had ham for dinner on Sunday! :eek: I am hoping I will see a number I like by the end of the week. I think I have to battle dinner at MIL's tonight though. I want to go for a visit but eating there doesn't make me happy right now...:confused:

Ah well...enough complainin', right? Gotta work today so I'll be back this afternoon!:D

Hola Chiquitas!

Sorry I never got here yesterday, but it was a bit busy (chaotic) at the condo yesterday :rolleyes: Two adults and four kids in a two bedroom condo kind of lends itself to that. I came home last night because the weather prediction is heavy rain for today through Thursday, so what's the point in staying? The kids had a good time while we were there though.

I'm glad to be home for several reasons, not the least of which is that I finally have healthy food to choose from again! Ugh...because we decided on this little getaway rather abruptly, I didn't pack a cooler of food to take with me like I normally do. That means dining out, of course, and it doesn't seem to matter how hard ya try, you just can't seem to control the damage. I try ordering a grilled chicken wrap for lunch on Sunday, with lettuce and tomato and hold the cheese, right? and I get exactly that, but drenched in oil. WTF? I did okay for dinner that night with grilled shrimp skewers and steamed veggies, but then yesterday we had lunch at Flatbread Co. where we ordered a veggie Flatbread pizza. It was delicious, organic (which is that restaurant's schtick...everything is natural and organic [they had a guy in the restaurant chopping wood to flame the pizza oven!]), not too filling, but pizza nonethless. So like I said, glad I'm home. NOT getting on the scale today, but will suck down the water like there's no tomorrow and track everything I eat.

Wendy - I hear you on the sodium bloat! And ham is the worst culprit...which sucks, cuz I like ham (and bacon)... So how much longer do you have of the Push phase? I'm eager to hear what you think of Lean.

Laura - glad to hear the fundraiser went well and SIL had a great class, too! Count me in on the ED (and I dont' mean erectile dysfunction :p) club. I battled an eating disorder in high school, lost about 40 pounds at my lowest weight, and spent an entire MONTH unable to get out of bed except to shower because I was so bad. Unfortunately, my mom was never able to face what it was, and that month scared me enough to snap myself out of it and start me on a path to a healthier lifestyle. The unfortunate thing about EDs is that it's mental, and for many people it's a thought process that follows them forever. You can control it, but I'm not sure you can ever really shake it. I'm going back to school in the fall to get my master's degree in counseling psychology (total career change :rolleyes:) and I think I'd like to be able to work with teens struggling with that issue someday.

Diana - Ugh, there's nothing worse than a wet basement! I hate that! Mine gets waters every now and then and it's a total PIA. My laundry is down there and it always comes in around my machines. Hope yours is now totally dried out and back to normal. Are you enjoying your cardio week?

Jacque - Take care of yourself and your sinuses! I feel for you having to deal with that :( I think that'd drive me nearly crazy. Hopefully those antibiotics do the trick and get rid of your headaches.

I think Lori should be returning soon, right? IIRC, she was going for 10 days, which means she'll be back tomorrow or Thurday? Hope she's having a blast!

Not sure what the workout will be today, but there will be something. I will definitely be doing Cleanmax, as we came in last night and just dumped all our shee-it everywhere. Plus, because I was out of commission all winter, my garage/gym was taken over by DS for his various tools...snowblower, chainsaw, gas containers...and it is a MESS! I'll be putting that back in order today in anticipation of starting CLX. Only one week til I see the doc, when I expect to get a green light on weight workouts.

Time for more java, will bbl to see who's around ~

Jen

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Girls.

Just finished my work out. Legs are talkin' to me more then were this morning so I opted out of weights for today and did Burn It Off instead. It felt great. I hope it loosens me up a bit. :)

Jen: Sorry your get away was cut short due to crappy weather. What a bummer. :( Should be startin' the Lean phase this weekend!!!!:D

Off I go. Time to hit the showers and have a snack. Goin' to MIL's for dinner...Not sure how I feel about that! ;):p

L8r!

Well, it took me all day to finally get it done, but my workout for the day is complete! It's raining, so I walked/ran on the treadmill for 60 minutes, 4.25 miles. Good enough for me :)

Cleanmax, however, is still a WIP :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.