Damage Control...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Feeling like a new woman this morning but I chose NOT to work out this morning. I want to give my body a some time to make sure it doesn't change it's mind and go back to being sick before I work out. I will go to Group Groove class this afternoon if I still feel okay. I'll pick up with my rotation tmrw if all goes well. :)

Jacque: At that point I couldn't have gone to sleep if I wanted to because DH wasn't home and DS was still up. Gotta keep an eye on the little bugger. Never know what he's gonna do next! LOL I basically vegetated on the couch in a horizontal position. I was sleeping with my eyes open. ;) LOL about later taters making me hungry. I know it makes YOU hungry. :D

Sunny: Glad you were able to pop in if even only for a minute yesterday. Hope to see you today too. :)

Have a great day!

Morning glories:)

I wanted to sleep in this morning but the guilties got the best of me. I still don't have the decorations up.:confused: They WILL be up today!!!

I decided to do the 4DS series for at least a week until I make up my mind what to do. I printed out the workout cards yesterday, so hopefully I can start working on the 1RM's. I have DOMS in my chest today from 4DS C&B yesterday. I think the chest flies with the heavy weight did it.

Wendy - Sick again???:eek: WTH? Glad to hear you are coming out of it though. Maybe a few days off would do you some good. Get well.;)
Yup - I think it's the DVD Jacque mentioned yesterday. Do you have the AOS series?
My results with the X were good. I'm really happy with my abs and upper body. I'm not so satisfied with my LB though. I can't blame the X for that entirely....the eating before this past week was way out of control.

Jacque - I cracked up at your post. You sound like you'd put "Tim the toolman Taylor" to shame.:p I wish I was creative like that and not afraid to put a hole in the wall. I guess my fear of messing something up keeps me from giving it a shot. I know....I just need to get over it.
I've never been in a Michaels....or a Costco for that matter.:eek: We don't have a Costco near us. I think the closest one is 3-4 hours away.:( I hear great things and sooooooo wish we had one close.
So sorry you are not feeling up to snuff. Is this back problem a fluke or do you have a history of back problems? Hope you are feeling better this morning.

Diana - Best of luck on the budgeting process. I love personal finance, but it can get so complex at times. If I wasn't doing what I'm doing now, I would definitely consider becoming a financial advisor. I've gotten so much "self serving" financial advice from advisors that it just ticks me off. I swear it is easier to find an honest lawyer than an honest financial advisor.:mad:
So is this your first big storm of the season? How bad was it?
Too bad your Broncos didn't play Detroit. I don't think the Lions have won a game yet this season. LOL! I'm so glad I'm not a football fan......I don't think I could stand the disappointment. So, see Laura, it could be worse.:p *lol* You could live in Detroit.:eek:

Dee Dee - Good to see ya!

Oh, I'll spare you all what I ate Sunday. It was my "no logging the eats day". It wasn't as bad as it could have been but wasn't exactly clean either. Yesterday was good. Lot's o fruits and veges with a lean cuisine for lunch and a grilled tuna sandwich with vege soup for dinner. I'm planning fresh lake perch for dinner tonight and flatwrap pizza for lunch. Now I'm off to make some eggs and dry toast for breakfast.

Have a super fabo Tuesday girls....

Angie

Hi Ladies,

I did 4DS bi's & tri's (X2) done last night after dinner. I waited about an hour and a half after eating to do my workout but didn't feel very good during my w/o. I know I need to w/o on an empty stomach.

Today will be GS Chest & Back along with a cardio-leaning towards Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme.

The weather isn't terribe, about 4-5 inches of snow in the yard. We have a pipe leaking in our basement and I'm trying to get a plumber to come take a look at it and fix it.

Wendy-glad you are feeling better. Take it easy today.

Angie-I had toyed with the idea of being personal financial advisor many years ago. Of course who am I to offer advice when we don't live by a budget. I think it will be interesting and our one nagging bill will be gone sooner. I need to get back to the workout manager. I used it pretty regular when the site first came out but had a few issues with it so gave it up. Sounds like it's time to revisit. Did you see in the youtube clip that they are wearing weighted gloves? Most of my weight plates are plastic/not metal so the magnetic plate mates won't work for me. The bronco's haven't had a very good season. Somehow we are first in our division which means all our teams have done pretty poorly this year.

BBL

Good morning chickadees !

Feeling top o the day today for some silly reason? :confused:

Got through GS Chest & Tri's though couldn't do pushup on a decline or on the feet since I didn't want to aggravate my still sore back. It is an injury from about 10 years ago when I jumped up into DH's truck and apparently twisted wrong. Ended up in the Emergency room in worse pain than having 3 C-Sections! :eek: So now I have to be careful, but sometimes I just overdo it. Icing a few days with anti inflammatories and taking it fairly easy will make it go away. Just watch my exercising and how much I sit down.

Wendy - hope you got enough sleep last night. Sounds like you did but hope you do take it easy like you mentioned.

Angie - never got to my decorations either, but finished the touch ups on the entry and dining area. Yee Haw. Looking like a new home. Even DH mentioned it is looking very different. ;) I love playing with tools - nearly all the tools in my first marriage were mine ! :p Started tole painting when the kids were little, it was my solace. Along with that I would make the wood pieces myself, including clocks, tables and miscellaneous little wooden cutout shapes. Ended up with sanders, saws, router, etc. Wish I had more time.

LOL about the Lyons and Laura comment. She sure does love her football, huh? At least you have the Tigers and the Red Wings ! And I see you are getting ready to do the 1RM? I can't wait for STS, but haven't begun to prep yet. Maybe will have time in the next few weeks to scout it out.

Diana - sorry your workout last night wasn't tip top. Hope today goes better for you. And what a bummer about the broken pipe !:mad: Why now? LOL about no budget, but I bet you really have one, just more in your head like me. I had one written out when we struggled in the beginning, but as things got easier I just play around with different things. In fact, DH is worried about losing his job so I need to get on the phone and refinance quickly. Found a loan that will allow us to go $400 lower on our mortgage - but if I keep paying the extra principal like I do now, we will pay it off a year quicker than current mortgage and will be mortgage free by retirement ! :eek: At least that is my plan. . .

Have to head to work - will check in later to see if Laura, Dee Dee, Shirl, Jen or anyone else has a few minutes to catch up.

Hey Ladies,

The plumbers were just here to asses the situation. They said it's no big deal and left for home depot to pick up the parts they need.

Jacque-I wish had more home repair & maintenance experience as you. The only tools I use are a hammer and screw drivers. I do know the difference between a flat and phillips too!:D Of course when hanging pictures I may put multiple holes in the wall just to find the right spot. I figure as long as the holes are behind the pictures it doesn't matter...right! I do have a budget in my head, but we are actually planning on reviewing and updating monthly. We refinanced our mortgage from 25yrs to 20yrs about 5 yrs ago have a 4.8% fixed rate. We have about 14yrs left on our mortgage, it could be less as I pay extra also.

Time for me to get some work done.

Diana

Back to tracking the food intake. Today so far has been...

B: small banana, mini bagel with hummus, coffee
S: walnuts, dried apricots, crasins, water
L: turkey sandwich with ff cheese and hummus on light ww bread, water
S: small banana with scoop of natural pb, milk

BBL with personals!:D

OK - need a break from the work headaches ! :eek:

Diana - good news about the pipe ! Great idea with the budget, I wouldn't be able to get DH to give his vices up as he is finally able to afford a few (must I admit only since he has been with me!). We have been doing better, but I will take my Xmas & BDay (Jan.) gifts in home fixer uppers this year 'cuz I'm tired of living in an old home that has not been redone for 30 years. We spend loads of time at home so it should be nice !

I am cutting back a bit now that DH is worried about his job, but since I don't have many Xmas gifts to buy and had a Holiday Account at the credit union, voila ! $ for my painting and moldings ! :rolleyes:

Going cheap but it looks nice anyway. LOL at know the diff between slotted and phillips ! Yeppers, when I was working on my exercise room and first started with the new baseboards, I made DH come with me to buy us a Miter Saw. We have used it loads in the past 6 months !:p My dad pulled me around when I was little and made me watch him fix stuff. Wasn't really fun back then, but I can do lots more than many of the guys can. DH is very versatile too as was his father so it saves us loads of $ if I can get DH off the couch and away from the 'puter. :eek:

Wendy - great eats lady ! I've been so busy I missed my banana and oatmeal snack again and now my tummy is talking to me ! Time to go get lunch.

Hi Girls.

We had a major power outage in our county tonight. I was at the gym with DS and it went dark about 5 mins before class ended. Most of the gym was pitch black. It was a bit scarey trying to get myself and DS outta there with out panicking. It took us a while to get home because the streets were a mess with all of the lights on the highways out, etc. When we finally got back home we picked up (sick) DH and grabbed dinner at a diner. While we were there our power went back on thank goodness. They it may take days to fully restore to power to everyone. We got lucky to have it back in just about 2 hours time. PHEW!

So anyway, as you probably realized I took the Groove class today and felt fine the whole way through so it's back to the rotation in the morning with PUB plus abs and then I think I'll hit the gym for the Centergy class at 10:30. :)

Ang: IMO the Iron Core work outs are well worth the money. Most KB work outs run about $50 so to be able to get a couple for $15 is fine by me!:) Go a little heavier/take shorter rests or skip them altogether to make it tougher if you wish. This last bout of illness was caught from DS/his school as a stomach virus was going around. I was bound to either catch it or give it to someone and I did both! :D Thankfully DS was spared this time though. Phew. Glad you got some good results with the X. I really need to do another full round. Perhaps after my mary!:rolleyes:

Diana: I have to wait about an hour after a meal for cardio but I can weight lift no problem with a full tummy. Sorry it didn't agree with you. :(

Jacque: Sorry about your back. Hope you are fully recovered sooner rather then later. Thanks re my eats. We had to eat out tonight due to the power outage but I did pretty well all things considered. I had a pretty plain chicken wrap and a couple of fries. Not too bad. :)

Hope the rest of the girls are doing well.

Gotta shower and hit the bed! I never got the chance to shower after class because of the power outage and then we were out for a while! :eek:

Nighty night girls!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.