Damage Control....Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone.

I got up at 4:30. I'm tired. I guess all those days of getting to sleep until 5:30 when I was sick really made a big difference cause I'm feelin' it this morning. Gotta re-train the bod to get up this early. I went to bed a bit earlier then usual last night too. Maybe it wasn't early enough though I did get 7-7.5 hours of sleep last night...more then I WAS getting so I'm getting there I suppose...

Not sure what I'm gonna do this morning work out wise so I'm not even going to suggest anything. I'll just come back later to report after I'm done.

BBL!:)

Good Morning!:)

DS has me up waaay to early today. Its hard to get him in bed at a sensible time b/c its still light out and now he isn't sleeping in either:confused: I feel asleep around 11'ish or so and up at 7....seems like enough sleep but I certainly don't feel like it was.

I am not sure what my plans are today. Its also nice to not have any. I may go visit my friend who is leaving for the bahamas on Sat....or is it Jamica. We thought about going with them when the originally booked the trip but it cost almost 5 G's for one week!:eek: I don't think I would be able to do that unless it was only 5 G's out of the 100,000 G's I had in my bank account! LOL I will probably workout sooner then later. I have some nice DOMS in my chest from yesterdays workout. I may do back and tris today as well.

Wendy** Have fun with your workout! Again, I can't imagine getting up that early!! Ugh! I feel tired just thinking about it! Oh wait....I am tired!;) If DH gets up soon I may go for a run but I don't know what time his friends left here last night. I was dead when I went to bed and didn't hear a sound after.

Alright....I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Tonique 2 / Disc 2 Review:

Pros:

Sweatfest-big cardio factor.
Great lower body work out.
Weights optional.
Includes some real burner upper body work at end-especially for the shoulders!
It's a good overall challenge!

Cons:

Poor production quality.
Lame music.
I personally had a hard time keeping same beat as instructor for most moves so just did it at my own pace.
Some of the upper/lower combo moves were too fast paced.
Did not hit every muscle group in upper body.

So what does all that mean? I liked it and think it will be a useful addition to my collection but gotta take the good with the bad on this one. It's a great work out but not polished like Cathe and other great instructors out there. If you can get past the "bumps in the road" and don't need perfection to be happy and just want a good sweat/burn, you will enjoy it!

Diana....She averages about 30 reps per exercise! Just so you know. ;)

Laura....I think this is a work out style that you would enjoy!

Last edited:
Good morning girls !

Well Sharkies got beat by the Colorado Avs last night in the last minute. They were'nt playing stellar and the Avs were great. Woo Hoo Diana !

Fell asleep on my ice pack - my UBack was on fire most of the day y'day. Thinking the stress it getting to me badly. WILL BE WORKING OUT TONIGHT ! Bis/tris/sh STS style. Gotta get back into a groove.

Lori - nice night's sleep. I got about 5.5 hrs since we were out late at the game. Yes, Sydney is at the top of the hockey players - superb player. Well I'd say lack of physical contact should definitely help in the "what would they do" category. ;) Hopefully at that young of an age it is more just the idea of having a BF and being like the other girls. *crosses fingers for Lori*. :p

Wendy - Yippee you got a workout in and are feeling better !
^5's ! ! ! Hope some of the other Toniques are a little better for you . . . I get bummed when my workout DVD's aren't good ones that make me feel like I had a great workout. I don't like to waste my time . . .

BBL . . .

Jacque: GO TEAM! :D Sorry about your back. Hope you are feeling better this morning. Enjoy your work out tonight! You'd better do it! ;) I liked Tonique and felt it was worth my while for sure. Just very rough around the edges. If you are into set, music, stellar instructing, etc you will not like it but if you just want a good sweaty burn it's perfect! :)

Hello Ladies ..

Well I am in a bit better mood today .. DH was MUCH easier to live with last night :D that helped ... plus at hair dresser's this woman walked in I thought I recognized her ..but she spoke and used my name .. had to text VBF and describe her I KNEW I went to highschool w/her .. turns out she was a girl that was 1 grade above me .. that was in the "click" that TORTURED me during my entire highschool life .. although she was the nicer of the click ... SHE LOOKED LIKE CRAP :eek: . . OLD :eek:.. looked like she had botox in her lips and cheeks .. and dark circles and bags under her eyes ..and her body was a LOOOOONG way from what it was in highschool :D :D :D .. when the hairdresser took off the cape from me .. and I got up I had to look back and she was looking at me up and down ... OMG .. was a GREEEEEEEAAAAATTTTTTTTT feeling :D :D :D that helped my crappy week get better!!! :D

Wendy .. what did the doc say??? am glad you are better but dont overdo it girlie!! ok {shaking finger at you} .. there you go again .. SUPER DUPER ENABLER YOU!!!! so I am gonna have to chk out tonique now :p

Lori .. sounds like DD is just thinking in future terms .. that age is so hard .. you are not a child .. but your arent a teen .. but you think you are GROWN .. very trepid waters to tread there .. I wish you luck!!! But do know it is a great thing she feels comfortable talking to you that is wonderful!

Jacque .. sorry the sharks didnt win ... :( .. yes you gotta get back in the groove .. sometimes it happens that way .. and sometimes w/stress a kick@$$ workout will do the trick .. and other times .. dang just sititng quietly w/some CABS and taking a mental and physical break is the remedy!!!

Hello to all that follow ..

not sure if I can make a lunch workout today .. I need to run to wallyworld and that eats my dang lunch hour up .. :mad: .. we will see how fast it is .. but tonight I have decided to go w/my gut feeling and add some of my old exercises back to my reg routine .. so tonight is gonna be some oldie goldie's mixed w/some new stuff .. should be a killer .. think muscle max meets insanity mnth 1 .. :eek: OK .. gotta jet .. have a great one .. I am in my cubby hole .. hoping to avoid the MAD and MEAN people today!!:D

Wendy ..

looked at tonique .. that is the girl that posts on Utube .. she is Ukranian??? yes her form always looks a little loose/fragile . . and she rushes the moves some .. she has some LONG legs and arms .. and is STRONG to be soooooo thin .... I prbly would like her stuff b/c it is a lot like what I do .. (mine being better form and done properly).. but plyo mixed w/ub and lb moves... I would prbly like it .. but w/my exercise ADD .. I prbly wouldnt do it for the distraction of her accent .. and production quality .. ?? .. so gonna hold off since you are IFFY. . LOL ..thx though to my SUPER DUPER ENABLER friend! :D

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

We had another coffee fiasco problem this morning!:mad: Oh well, will have a discussion with DS, the pot was not completely on the burner and we had a huge mess.

That aside, I did get in Bi's, Tri's, and Shoulders this morning...and ran 5 miles at lunch today. My legs are already stiffening up on me. Even though I stretched thoroughly after the run, just getting back into it is bound to cause a few aches and pains.

Tomorrow I'm bringing HIIT with me as 2 of my coworkers want to give it try. We will go over to one of our other building with the aerobics floor, cathe steps, and DVD player. Since the girl doesn't step, I'm leaning towards DWP. Even though we have showers and lockers, she said she will probably go home afterwards..too high maintenance if you ask me.

Lori-good luck with DD. Sounds like she is on the right track and has open communication with you which is key. Enjoy your day, days with nothing on the schedule are few and far between!

Wendy-Glad to hear you are feeling better. My goodness girl, when on earth do you have the time to find all these crazy w/o's??? At least you are never bored! 30 reps is kind of a lot for me. This week we are only doing 6 reps, super heavy! I did barbell curls with 60#! It was definitely a struggle by the 4th set.

Laura-sounds like everyone including your DH is feeling much better and not taking anything out on you today!!! What a good feeling that must be to see someone from HS who obviously let herself go...and you who didn't. I'm sure she is jealous!

Jacque-I had already gone to bed but I heard the tv and the family when the AVS kicked your A$$!!! Sorry-but I couldn't help myself. This will be a great series regardless of who wins! I've been wearing a wrist brace every night and it is really making a difference. I did disc 33 this morning, only 3 more weight w/o's to go! It has been 4 months and I'm ready to move on.

bbl

Hey Girls!

Todays workout was abs again ( I didn't realize they were sore until I started the workout) disc #2 of STS and when DH came home for lunch I went outside for a 9k run. I think tomorrow morning will be a straight run outside...weather permitting of course. I think we are suppose to have a nice weekend.

Diana** ANOTHER foffee issue?? Oh dear;) I have my coffee ready to go every morning even when I don't have to work, I just don't set the timer b/c I never know when I am going to be getting up. Lately it as been early though so its just as well I brew it cause waiting for it is torture! What did your coworkers think of HIIT? My running partner made it half way through tuck jumps and then she gave up! LOL

Laura** That is AWESOME!!!! I love stories like that. I have seen some people from highschool via FB and they aren't nearly as hot as they once were....or what they thought they were! I love the fact that she sized you up! hehehehehe! Did you get your workout in?

Jacque** HOpe you get your workout in tonight! I am hoping for a good weekend at work, manager free! Please pray that that happens! LOL

I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

Okay....TONIQUE RAVE coming on so LAURA if you don't want to be enabled stop reading RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My legs are already SORE from this morning's work out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not going to be able to walk tmrw! I freakin' LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Okay, rave over.

Time for bed! lol

Good night!:p

*pops in patting self on back*

I Did it I Did it ! ! ! :p {sings out} I did a workout . . . . Bis/tris/shoulders done ! I am feeling the dread factor the way these go on forever with the 4 sets per grouping. Perhaps doing a group in the AM, possibly one at lunch and then one after work might help? But then again, piggybacking exhausts the muscles. Just have a hard time taking almost 1 1/2 hrs to get through a workout. :confused:

Oh well, I happy I did it and now need to keep it up. Tomorrow night is SIL's GTG (+ "almost" SIL & MIL will be joining us too !) Will need to do a short cardio for that - we're doing sushi - YUM ! :D

Wendy - Woo Hoo DOMS already ! ! ! I was that way with this last Plyo Legs w/o - was sore for 3 days + My back is doing a little better - iced at lunch time and will do so again shortly. You are sooooooooo mean with your enabling ! :D Nice to hear it was very worth it. Will cross fingers that you can walk in the AM ! ;)

Laura - Good to hear DH is done SCS'ing ! LOL about the high school "hotties" aging worse than you. I remember my 10 yr was very much the same. Gotta love it and I share it with every single female youngin' I can that high school drama is worthless and will turn around 180' shortly after high school is over. Payback is h#!! to a *40yr used to be a cheerleader* when she meets up with a *female jock* for sure ! :p Hope your cubby kept the mean and mad ones away ! I can send you some garlic if you need a little help ! :eek:

Diana - OK, OK, I'll concede but it was not an a$$whoopin' ! :mad: ;)The Avs did shut us down very well and we shot right at the goalie's gut so what can you expect. Your team did play better no question. So bummer about the 2nd foffee incident in as many weeks. My brother tends to not put the filber back in and we end up in the same boat. Messy but at least it isn't a sticky mess ! :p Have fun with the HiiT at lunch tomorrow. Should be a sweatfest ! Nice job on your wts & 5 miles ! Hope the leggies aren't too bad tomorrow - HiiT will wake them up for sure. Just don't go down farther than you can get back up ! LOL !:rolleyes: I sure wish I was nearly done with STS - will try to finish but it might be hard. . .

Lori - cool ya got DOMS in the abs ! Just don't laugh too hard or they will never heal, LOL ! OK - <<< crossing finger for a manger free weekend for Lori >>> Will repeat tomorrow for good luck ! ;)

Off until the AM . . . sleep tight ladies !

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.