Damage Control on a ThUrSdAy!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I'm up bright and early with no company! I guess in order to get up before DS I have to keep waking up earlier and earlier!:confused: He may actually sleep a little later today b/c he didn't go to bed until 8:30, probably 9 until he got to sleep. Of course I stayed up to late last night uploading pics on FB and watching the hockey game. As soon as the game was over womens bob sleigh was on and Canada won silver and gold...so of course I had to stay up and watch the last couple of heats and then the awards!:confused: Oh my...how many more days before this is over???:eek:

I am not 100% what todays workout will be. I am thinking a circuit. I checked in late last night so I will see if I missed anything...if I did, i will return...if not...I will check in later!!!

Lori:)

Good Morning.

I did KPC warm up, med int. drills and high int. drills for my cardio this morning instead of Cardio Axe and then it was on to High and Tight. It is suggested that you do not use equipment (band/ankle weights) the first time so I didn't and OMG am I glad!!! BURN BABY BURN and I was already sore! :eek: I am not going to be able to walk tmrw I don't think! Two thumbs up girls! :D

BBL!

Ahhhh...so this is what it was like to be married with no kids....gotta love it! LOL :p I have sooo much extra time today since DS is up at MIL's for the weekend (yeah okay so it's only Thursday but that's a minor detail!;))!!!

So back to High and Tight...I didn't do the warm up so I can't comment on it but the work out starts with standing work done with a band and the moves to the floor with ankle weights where he REALLY gets ya! :eek: It's killer, trust me!

Well it's almost time for me to leave so I better go....I'll be back from work at some point most likely....We are expecting another snow storm here. It was raining all morning and just recently changed over to snow. They say 6" to a foot in my area before it's all over with tmrw morning! :rolleyes:

BBL!

Hi ladies,

We had a fun time last night at dinner. I had shashimi appetizer, ceaser salad, filet mignon w/vegetables, and 1 glass of pinot grigio.....delicious! We try to meet up with one of our prior co-workers about once a month or so. We usually do lunch but decided on this featured restaurant.

This morning I start meso 2, week 2 all over again. I change up the cardio as I choose but am sticking to doing this meso cycle twice. So its Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, and then bootcamp class tonight.

Lori-are you following a specific marathon training program? They usually incorporate in weights, stretching, cross training etc. I like the Hal Higdon training programs, you can find them online. DS3 has been grounded from the TV for months, luckily he reads all the time.

Wendy-sounds like you got in a good workout this morning. I wish you weren't such an enabler...I'm going to stick to my guns and not order anything right now. Did I mention I downloaded a workout from AOS as well as the ETK workbook? After STS I want to put together a kettlebell/running rotation for a couple months.

Jen-Oh no, you're getting sick again. It must be your stressful job...does it ever let up? Hope you feel better soon.

Jacque-I'm right with you on the rotation, although it's my second week of these w/o's. I'm just taking days off when needed. I also can double the workouts on the weekends. Although I'm not sure if I should be, but since I'm not feeling any negative effects I'll just keep plugging through.

Laura-What kind of torture do you have planned for your class tonight?

Time for me to get started on my w/o, may have to do triceps tonight after bootcamp!

Happy Thursday ladies ! (That means tomorrow is Fri and then the weekend !:eek:) As Laura would say : YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA ! ! ! ! !

Well have Legs to do tonight so decided not to do any cardio this AM. Got caught up on my bank reconciliation and paid the remainder of my bills. Also checked my cc and it is low so far. Think the BBL may be happening real soon here. :p

Wendy - thanks for the great review ! I know I have loads of w/o's that hit the back end but as much as I love B&G I'd love a shorter butt burning w/o rotation. Well it is different not having kids - but I always seem to find things to do (and that doesn't include cleaning the house ! :rolleyes:) Hope work isn't too boring for you - I wish I was there . . . *jealousy creeping in slowly*

Lori - great hockey game there huh? Didya know that I secretly called Nabby and told him to let you guys get a few in before he got pulled? :p Will be very interesting if it turns out to be USA v Canada this weekend. I'm with ya on Olympics - I love 'em but watch way too much ! Hope you get "me" time at work today ! ;) BTW, ITA that you should probably not do STS but rather more UB and light LB weights according to Runner's world when I was reviewing training programs.

Diana - I'm am liking this one part per week since when I do any of the UB discs my entire UB is sore for days. This way it is only one area at a time. And I get to add in extra cardio that way since I am doing my UB in the AMs. Your dinner sounds very scrumptious ! I am a sashimi lover no doubt ! The filet sounds divine also - especially paired with veggies ! Thought of you while I planned our dinner - grilled mahi ontop of my home grown arugula dressed with balsamic viniagrette. Yummy ! Added steamed cauliflower with red peppers. Stuffed myself. Can you believe the RT is only a month away ! I'm getting way too excited !

Laura & Jen - Hey Girlies !

Off to get some food - my belly is speaking loudly ! :D

Hey ..

well I still have DOMS in my inner thighs and along my back :mad: .. from TUE night PLYO :eek: .. ysty was unscheduled rest .. had to shorten my lunch b/c got off early .. and it took TWO hours at the hair dresser :mad: I LOVE my hairdresser but only bad thing .. is she overbooks .. she was doing me and 2 others at the same time .. cuts and colors :confused:.. I got my hair shaped and low lites w/high lites around my face .. it looks great though! :D

Wendy .. ahhhhh if YOU say it is a BURNER .. and that is WITHOUT weights and/bands :confused::confused::confused: YOWZA .. that is scary!!!!! :eek: so what kind of floor work ... i have not done leg floorwork in forever I used to always add it at end of workouts but have not in some time {{ evil wheels turning in head trying to figure out how to add it back into my classes }}!!!

Lori ..I havent been watching the Olympics .. but catch the highlites the next day .. I dont ever remember that they areon ..LOL .. just as well .. I get in bed late enough .. dont need something else to distract me!! LOL

Di - GGT sounds like it went good and the food sounds delish .. we postponed ours till next week . . thank goodness .. so next WED we are gonna get together .. our friend that has been battling cancer ..just got back from TX and she got some good dr. reports . so we are gonna celebrate!!! She is a TROOPER!!!!! :D

Jen .. hope you are feeling better .. man the bug is going around our group .. ya'll can keep it .. I dont want it .. LOL

Jacque .. our weather is cold again .. in the 20's at night and high's in lower 40's .. BUT WE HAVE SUNSHINE today :D :D :D

OK .. so todays torture: power walk or elliptical at lunch .. then tonight 4 step - plyo - core - plank - pushup - AND weight torture .. gonna do the mish mosh of everything smushed together {insert another evil grin} ... ok .. better run .. have a great one .. and I will BBL to see what everyone is up to!! :D

Hello! Lunch time! :)

Laura:: The floor work is all kinds of leg lifts for butt/outer/inner thighs. He uses the band for a little bit of it but then ankle weights for most of it. I didn't need any resistance to feel it but I was also sore as heck already from yesterday's work out and I have to do yesterday's again tomorrow!!!!:eek: Just cave and buy the work outs and you will have lots of new material to add to your classes!;)

Jacque:: This program doesn't just hit the back end. It hits EVERY end! Trust me! :eek: There are also 4 or 5 pre-written rotations to choose from that come included! I am just curious to see how long it takes before I cave and buy the deluxe stuff! lol

Diana:: I've heard great things about ETK. Good luck with it. Let us know how it goes! I haven't touched my bells in a long time. I finally had to dust them off b/c they were getting pretty nasty from not being moved!:eek: Dinner sure sounded yummy! Glad you enjoyed it!

No Lori again yet??? That's odd!

Okay, lunch is almost over...back to work...if I can find something to do!:p

Later gators!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.