Damage Control...Thursday

I came back this time. Happy now? :p

Today's work out will be GS Chest and possibly some of IMAX 3. Today should be my rest day but I am going away overnight with my BFF from Sat to Sun. I will have time work out Sat morning but by the time I get home Sun it probably will be too late. That being said I would like to try and push through until then.

Lori:: I love kickbox with weighted gloves. Definitely buy them and try it! It's an awesome work out for the upper body especially if you've just finished lifting! I may spring for the heavier gloves Cathe now has soon! :)

Just incase anyone didn't check, I actually wrote some personals last night so go read it if you haven't! :)

Gotta go for now but I'll be back back!:cool:

Good Morning!:)

I can't believe that DS woke up before 7 a.m. What is up with this?? Maybe DD's alarm went off and woke him up. Either way, he was good to go when he came out in our room. He is always in a good mood in the mornings anyway, he must be like his mother when it comes to that;) Im gonna ask DH when he gets up if he as ever thought about moving in the morning and letting me stay in bed? He is gonna argue that DS wants me to get up with him but I think if he had asked DS if he needed to pee and got up with him, he would have been happy that someone was up with him and that he didn't have to lie in bed anymore! It was 2 o'clock before DH came to bed last night. He was home before that but I don't know if he fell asleep on the couch for a while or if thats the time he went to bed. If it is...he is gonna be sleeeeeeepy later today!

Wendy** Yes I am very happy you came back:). I use ankle weights sometimes when I am doing KB, depending on the moves it works out o.k, if the moves are super fast, then they are no good cause they are slipping around. I always get good UB workout from KB. Actually, ( once again ) I load out one of my kickboxing workouts a couple of years ago and never got it back:confused: She told me it was skipping though, which I vaguely remember and if thats the case...i don't want it anyway!

I was the last one to check in last night so I have nothing more to say:p Todays workout is gonna be cardio and a good ab workout. My LB is a little sore from yesterdays workout. I am always suprised when I get DOMS in the LB b/c when I am doing the workouts, they aren't that hard. 10 reps is noth'in but they get in there!!!

BBL!
Lori:)

Top o' the day on a Thursday ladies !

Well I DID check in yesterday AM - hit 'submit' and the screen said I was not logged in ! :mad: How dumb is that since if you hit 'post reply' it makes you log in if you aren't?

Never made it back since at lunch I 'donned' the bathing suit, took my cottage cheese, tomatos and onions and hit the backyard for a nice half hour sit in the 74' sunshine !
36_2_81.gif
We are supposed to be back to rain by the weekend so won't last for long. Needed my megadose while I could get it and boy oh boy I was a happy camper yesterday ! :D

Did my CCC last night for a great workout ! Whew ! that made me tiiiiirrreed so I took a bath and read my book while DH was playing. We didn't eat until nearly 9 again - BUT, I did well with my foods - started logging on FitDay again and, wait *sit down Wendy* not a single MGD64 for 2 whole days ! :eek:

Wendy - LOL'd at y'day when all you did was post 'starting the thread' and then disappeared ! Haven't heard about the job - should be this week and if I don't hear by tomorrow I'll email the recruiter, hopefully not for 'bad news'. It seems the actual hiring always takes longer than expected - I know this from experience ! :p

Lori - bummer DS was up early but at least he was being good. You working today? Need to go to y'days thread and catch up.

Hiya Diana, Laura & Jen !

BBL - wanna run and do some incline TM before work - Legs will be when I get home.

Good Morning Ladies,

I took my home desktop to work and my tech friend was able to remove the virus. He told me what to do on DS's laptop...which DS did last night and the last of his virus is gone too. Last weekend I bought a new router (superfast), and wireless printer. The boys set up the router and password protected our network. This laptop however, still get hung up when playing games in FB. Only DH plays games in FB and he knows to use one of the desktops.

Yesterday ended up being LIC cardio only premix and abs. It was a fun change since I hadn't done that one in a while. I was planning on doing disc 16 this morning, but really feel I need more cardio. I've lost a couple pounds but am struggling with losing more. I also had this problem when I did P90X. My body needs a good mix of cardio and weights. I will pick out a cardio when I get downstairs. I also have bootcamp class tonight!

Lori-I've lent out a couple of my w/o's and never got them back. I actually ended up purchasing them again. I can't imaging using ankle weights for KB, sounds risky to me. I'm hoping the weather warms up a bit so I can start running in the morning. I used to run 3 miles outside and then do one of the 4DS weight w/o's. It was a nice combo.

Wendy-ITA, weighted gloves are amazing in KB w/o's. I've been using my Cathe gloves for about the last year when doing KB and love the shoulder burn! You have transitioned well from SAHM to full time employee. How you get up so early is beyond me. It's 7am now and I will be starting my w/o in a few minutes.

Laura-Dermabrasions aren't really painful. Because I've struggled with cystic acne scarring, hyperpigmentation etc, it helps fade and/or remove some of the discolorations. I would have them every 3 weeks if I could afford it. A series of 3-5 dermabrasions done every 2-3 weeks is recommended. Obviously your skin is a little sensitive afterwards, but it doesn't hurt to put on makeup.

Jen-glad you are finally feeling better. They say dermabrasions help minimize fine lines and wrinkles, for me it gives me a clearer complexion. I'm still looking for something to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes!

Jacque-what are you up to today??

Hey Ladies ..

Well SIL taught last night .. heard she KILLED them .. I have created a mega-monster - think she is doing my plyo work than kickboxing work though .. she has had some guys in there and I think she is TRYING to kill them on purpose!! :confused: OH WELL .. I didnt even get my "fun" calorie burn in last night :( DH TICKED me off right when I walked in the door ... I swear sometimes I think wives that live w/a shiftwork DH deserve some sort of medal of honor ..ESPECIALLY MIDNIGHT shift part of it .. UGH:mad: .. anyway my getting ticked spurred me to go into houselceaning frenzy mode .. had some CABS last night ..

Wendy .. so I didnt get my fun calorie burn after all ..but I was expecting it :eek: :( .. I am still chanting "BBL BBL BBL" :p

Lori .. glad I cracked you up .. sometimes I crack myself up ..or worse make myself WONDER :p .. so you and DS are morning people ... oy .. I only WISH i were .. I would get up and get my extra workout in early if I were .. of course DH IS one .. isnt that the way it always is!! :p

Jacque .. soooooooo bathing suit referenced in same sentence as cottage cheese - tomatoes - and onions :confused: :confused: ???? were you eating that ... or surely you werent referencing comparisons to your body!! :eek: (having a blonde moment again) ... 74 degrees .. aaaaahhhhhhhh .. I am SOOOOOO jealous .. I am just proud we are getting up to 50 today .. but i have to say the word BATHING SUIT scared the bejeezus outta me :eek:

Jen .. so you get the feeling of "Gosh I hope I dont look like that to them" .. UGH .. that is NOT a good feeling ...

Di .. after my worries yesterday maybe I need dermabrasion if it helps w/fine lines .. LOL .. only lines I have are right around eye lid corner .. and forehead!!! but sometimes they look more pronounced than I would like them to :(

OK .. better urn .. POWER WALK at lunch .. and tonight is 4 step - plyo - plank - core AND weights torture :eek: all the classes have been mostly cardio this week .. so gonna get in there and do some deep muscle conditioining WITH the cardio tonight!! have a great one!:D

Fly by post from work to report this morning's work out! I did GS Chest (no push ups again and I am fine with that! :p) and then the first 6 blasts from IM3. That work out kicks my azz every time! I thought I'd die! TG I didn't have time to do all of the blasts or I may have never made it into work! :eek:;):D

BBL!

Okay, I'm back. I'm on lunch. Finished eating and didn't feel like staring at 4 walls so here I am!

Lori:: I actually thought about trying out some light ankle weights with one of the simpler k/b routines. Now I will definitely have to give it a try! I hear ya on dad not gettin' up with the kid! My son is at the point where he doesn't really need us anymore. He can turn on the tv, etc. Most we would need to do is maybe get his Nintendo DS for him b/c we keep close tabs on it or he will lose it or break it! When he was younger though I was always getting up. DH only rarely got up and I was still up within 30 mins of them anyway so I stopped caring. I just can't sleep in anymore so it doesn't matter. Oh well. *shrugs*

Diana:: So which cardio did you choose this morning? Yeah, I have no idea how I am getting up at 4:15 and starting my work outs (on an empty stomach no less!) around 5am! I am done working out by 6 or just after every weekday morning now! I am amazed at myself TBH! lol

Jacque:: WOW about the lack of MGD's for 2 days! I've pretty much had one drink every day for a couple of weeks now! I enjoy it and it doesn't seem to be messing with my weight so it's all good! I usually have it just before or with dinner. Hopefully you hear something about the job soon! Fingers are crossed!

Laura:: Sorry you didn't have the fun last night that you expected to have. I hear ya on the house cleaning. I will do that too when I am pist or just cranky or whatever. It does help b/c you can take out your aggressions on the dirt (LOL) and then there is the sense of accomplishment when your house is clean!

Okay, lunch is about to end...gotta scoot. BBL or in the morning!:)

Hi Girls!:)

Can't believe I haven't been back here all day! I have been kept going of course. After my workout I went to a friends house and ended up bringing her 5 yrs old daughter back with me...who just happens to be bestfriends with my neice...so I ended up with the girls here as well. So i went from one crazy kid to four and I tell ya...they were crazy! My SIL came over after so they calmed down a little. I think they like doing stuff here that they would never get away with home, like jumping on my furniture.

My workout this a.m seemed very long! Not sure if it was as long as I think OR if it was DS's potty breaks that kept interupting me. Here is a break down of what I did:

I did pilates abs and MMA Boxing abs.

10 min on the TM
1/2 of DWP
1 seg of DM
10 min on the TM
other half of DWP
1 seg of DM (no cardio, just weights)
10 mins on TM
1/2 of 30/30
2 seg of DM
6 mins on TM (making it 4 miles)
other 1/2 of 30/30
2 seg of DM

I wonder how many cals I burned?

My parents are coming in tonight, my mom is babysitting tomorrow. So I am hoping to get a workout in before work. They should be up by 7, if not they can go crawl in DD's bed. I'm sure they will be up though. So I'm thinking that I won't have time for disc 18 and cardio.

Wendy** Have you made any new friends that maybe want to eat lunch with you?? LOL Although its nice to have you checking in with us at lunch time so I won't complain. I may be around before you tomorrow morning so look out on quick witch post!! Im looking forward to the day when DS gets up and gets his bowl of cereal! I would even settle for him watching tv in bed with us for an hour or so.

Diana** Glad you got your computer all fixed up. Viruses are nasty! Your routine last year did sound good. I may have to try that this year...when the snow melts...seems so far away!!!

Jacque** Ok...really there is NO need of you talking about the sun and then posting a picture of it!:rolleyes: I can't wait for summer BUT we are having yet another snow storm tomorrow. Nice workouts btw!

Laura** DH ticked you off again? Whenever I was sour DH use to blame it on my shift work, it was never anything that he did of course. We had a huge blow up shortly after I went back to work. I use to leave here for work and when i would get up in the a.m, everything would be left like I left it. He would never finish it. Food was never covered up...dried up on the counter...dishes no finished...yada, yada! Oh i was sooo mad when I went to bed one morning and when I woke up he was sitting waiting for me! :mad: We cleared the air and everything was good after that. Im hoping not to go through the same issues again if I have to go back to night shifts.

Alright...thats it for moi! BB in the a.m!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.