Damage Control...Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Ladies!

Today is a rest day. I am hoping to do a little yoga/stretching. I am sore this morning.

Got on the scale and measured my BF this morning. I wasn't happy with the results but I am not giving up. It could have been one of those temporary things that happens. I'll try again next week.

Gotta feed DS and myself some breakfast now. I'll be back in a bit with personals.

Ciao!:D

Good morning Wendy and all who follow!

Wendy, don't worry about the scale and the measuring today. You've been working incredibly hard and tracking your calories, there's no way you've gained. It's most likely water retention. Give it a few days and try again. I'm sorry to hear it though...I know how frustrating that is :mad:

Not sure what or if I'll get a workout in today. I'm kind of dragging my butt, for some reason, and DS just took off with his Dad for the day, so I may see what DD wants to do and head out for a while.

BBL~

Jen

Hello ladies ..

last night's class was great .. it was a sweatfest and just what my body and mood needed!! Felt 100% better aftewards.. tonight is triple set UB and LB shaping .. :eek: .. gonna hurt sooooo good!!

This morning in the tub I was about to shave my legs ..went to switch hands w/the razor and b/c of my NONexistant depth perception .. my hands hit and the razor ripped thru the middle of my right ring finger .. INTO the nail bed about 1/2 thru the middle .. #@%$#@ :mad::mad::mad: OMG .. it hurts .. I wrapped a bandaide around it but typing and counting money is not helping it .. $%$#%!#$%! stupid stupid stupid razor!!!!!!:mad:

Wendy .. I dont even want to hear you complain about the scale .. your w/o s have been awesome .. and your eats too .. I am sure it is a fluke .. water weight or something!!

Jen.. you were right .. my class last night made my mood improve drastically!! It was alllllgooood after class :D

Jaqcue ... hope your workout was a great one .. YAYAYAYAYAYA on the sharks win again!!! They are doing great!

Di ... how is the basement .. hope the air is clearer today!

OK .. getting my hair done at lunch (swapped going later) ... then tonights class is a scorcher on the muscles .. I know I am still supposed to be in cardio .. but feeling I need MY shaping class ... FRI p.m. we start meso 3 first disc .. then SAT we are gonna go ahead and tackle Plyo legs .. WOOHOOOO my friend that is ahead of us says it is a super killer w/o .. cant wiat!!!!:)

Better run . have a great one and I will BBL to check in w/you girlies!:D

Hello Again!

Jen: So what did you and DD do today? Did you get in a work out or decide to bag it? Did DS and dad have something fun planned for the day?

Jacque: Glad the headache finally went away. I've had multi-day long headaches on rare occasions and they are awful. You know what else bites the big one? Waking up with a headache when you can't even attribute it to a fun night of drinking the night before! ;) Sorry about the weekend of meeting coming up but atleast they are giving you time off in place of it to get personal things done. Yikes! You've been getting some scorching temps!!! I'll bet the 70's is going to feel WONDERFUL! Perhaps even a little cold! LOL

Laura: Eeeewww, sorry about your finger. I am a big weenie when it comes to cuts, blood, etc! I remember shortly after we moved into this house I was making sandwiches for us to eat while watching one of the Lord of the Rings movies I think it was. Anyway, I sliced my finger. I was soooo nauseaus from it that I had to lay down for a while before I could eat. LOL

I know weight and BF fluctuates so that is why they tell you not to weigh/measure every day. So when I waited a week since my last weigh/BF measure and so to STILL came out with cr@ppy numbers was VERY disheartening. :( That being said, I ended up with TTOM today so I am sincerely hoping that has something to do with it. We shall see....*fingers crossed*

Okay, phone ringing...BBIAB!

Last edited:
Hey there chickies !

Too busy at work trying to get enough done since I'll be off for two days. Low Max was great last night - did about 45 min before I was exhausted. The tall step really takes my breath away quickly. After no workouts for a handful of days my legs were getting quite a burn too ! All good ! :p

Wendy - you know how I feel about the #'s ! ITA TTOM will do it - keeping my fingers crossed that was it in your case. Plus the salty ham ! One reason Easter didn't do me well ! :rolleyes: Yes those headaches can be a bear - last time I had one I still did STS and everytime I laid down to push the weights it was throbbing. I'm not sure they'll be able to do anything for me - and for an irritating headache I'm not sure I'll give in to migraine meds - but I will for those that knock me down to being a couch potato for a couple days. Should know more in a couple of weeks. And my two days off are vacation - I didn't even ask for comp time. Paid for the classes myself since they are "necessary" - just very valuable to the company. Think I'll try to snag a comp day for all the long days I have been working when I need to study in a couple of weeks ! ;)

Jen - Hope you drug your butt today . . . :p You are doing great with your workouts lately. Did you and DD have a fun day?

Laura - Triples tonight, huh? Is it similar to the STS triple exercises done 3X? OMGoodness ! Sounds like a painful finger for you today ! I started waxing my lower legs in college and now just use epilady. Razor the thighs a couple times week during the summer. Guess getting older is nice in the respect that my hair is thinning on the body areas ! :eek: :p

So you and SIL are doing plyo legs instead of the heavy weights? Now that give me an idea for tonight's workout - plyo legs. Just won't go heavy with the weights that I have seen on the previews. Hmmmmm . . .

Diana - hope the day treated you OK? Is the weather getting warm enough to help dry out the carpet yet? Have you figured out if you're starting STS early this Meso? Will you go back to MWF once your early meetings are done?

Cross the fingers ladies if you get here soon . . . Sharks are playing again tonight and we need them to put the Ducks out of their misery ! :D That will tie the round 2-2. Then they will come back here on Sat nite and we have tix ! Will be nice since I'll be stuck in class for 8 hours during the day.

Enjoy the night - I'm ready for Friday ! ! !

Evening Ladies.

I'm sitting here drinking my carefully measured 4 oz of pinot noir. I jump on the chance to have some wine when I see I have some extra cals left in my day! :p

Jacque: Now that's what I call dedication. Paying for the classes AND taking your own vaca time in order to make up for the weekend you are losing out on in order to take the classes. My mom would love you! :D She's got a stellar work ethic and you remind me of her in that regard. I don't know for sure, but I think I've gotten a couple of migraines in my lifetime. Man oh man they were the WORST headaches I have EVER had! One time atleast I was in tears and thought I was going to throw up. I even TRIED to make myself throw up thinking it would make me feel better. OMG....AWFUL! I feel for anyone who has to deal with that on any kind of regular basis. I WOULD take the meds if they were normal occurances for me. No doubt and I am not a pill popper as a rule.

I guess that about wraps it up for me. Ofcourse I never got to doing yoga or stretching and now that I'm drinking wine I'm thinkin' it definitely is NOT going to happen. :p After this I am lying down with my book and shortly thereafter I am sure I will be Zzzzzzz'ing away! :D

I start the LEAN PHASE tmrw! YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Good night ladies! :)

Just jumping back in to say THANK YOU LAURA reminding me about Plyo Legs. I'll be using a squat rack for Meso 3 and now I will use Plyo Legs for cardio ! I used 8 or 10 lb DB's (about half the last weights I used in STS legs) for the weight exercises and it reminded me of my Freestyle workouts. Those slimmed up my thighs wonderfully. And with the plyo she does, it was pretty much all cardio cuz she does the weight moves more quickly than usual. Loved it and am still pouring sweat nearly 15 min. later ! Good, good, good !

Wendy - LOL about your leftover cals and how you use them up ! :p Yep, I think my work ethics (though possibly over the top sometimes) please my boss (the VP of Finance) and one reason he will probably never let me move out of HR ! Good and bad in that, but oh well, occasionally there is some fun involved. Enjoy your book tonight since you ditched your yoga ! LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.