Damage Control...Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls! :)

I see sun finally after 2 days of YUCK! WOO HOO! I think I will bring DS to the park if I have time today! :D

Gonna grab some breakfast and come back for personals.

See ya in a few!

Okay I'm back with my oatmeal! :)

Jacque: Nope, I didn't buy a book. Someone who used to frequent the Cathe boards was nice enough to answer my call for weight loss help after I had my son. She introduced me to the website and explained everything about calorie staggering to me. She was a life saver! :) If you need any help, I will do my best to help you. As for the activity multiplier, I can't remember exactly which one I used but I know it wasn't the most active one. It was one of the 2 below that I think. Pick one and if it doesn't work after a couple of weeks then you can always change it.

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm up early to get in my workout since I have to take DS to school early today. I won't have a full hour to w/o so LIC cardio premix is sounding good.

Wendy-Afterburn is one expensive book. I do have NROL4W so I can join in with you and Jen when our current rotations are over. I have my calories calculated and now just need to start logging again.

Jacque-Nice job getting that leg w/o in and cardio fusion too. I think that cardio after weights definitely helps keep the DOMs bearable.

BBL

Hey Ladies,

Back to report I bit the bullet and stepped on the scale this morning. What an eye opener! This may have been just what I needed to buckle down on my eating.

I use fitday.com and fitdaypc and apparently you can synch them (for a fee of course). I will look into how that works tonight.

I ended up doing the CF all cardio premix, only 48 minutes but it was tough. It starts out with warmup from BM2 and the first step segment repeated twice (I was suckin' air at this point) then on to a LIC cardio segment and finished up with the circuits from BM2. I was dripping when I finished!

BBL

No time for personals right now. Just wanted to report back with my work out! I did ITread 23/40 on the TM at the gym this morning. Great work out. I ran 3.5 miles in 38 minutes which is fine by me. :)

Before we went to the gym we hit the park. It was a bit chilly out there this morning but DS had fun just the same. There weren't alot of kids there which was a nice change from the huge crowds we've encountered the past couple of times we've gone...

Gotta feed DS lunch and shower now. We need to hit Costco before my meeting for work this afternoon.

BBL!

Hey girls ..

I did not even have time to check in yesterday :confused: I didnt even realize it :confused: we were busy and I have MORE PIA problems to correct .. at this rate I will NEVER get MY work done :mad:

Last night SIL taught kickboxing .. we did our last meso 2 disc .. back and bis .. we were late doing it .. but now "OFFICIALLY" on active rest week .. it has been ACTIVE too .. YOWZA... tonight is core/plnak/pushup torture and matt class!!! :) Tomorrow will be a power walk at lunch and a run after lunch .. then SAT is the fundraiser workouts .. so far looks like just my diehard fitness junkie regulars are taking my class :confused: I have coersed ONE co-worker to join me .. the others are paying me NOT to come to class:confused: oh well!

Wendy .. ya all these problems I am fixing for PIA .. just give me more validation to rip her a new one .. but REALLY the boss needs to do that .. I will prbly suck it up and tell her politely that I fixed her mess!!

DI .. LOL .. about the scale giving you motivation to get on track .. I am a skeeereeedy cat .. I am not about to get on the scale .. my jeans are fitting a bit snugly .. so I know I have gained :( .. I dont need a number to remind me .. seems that when I see I have gained weight on the scale it works the opposite on me .. I obsess about it and get down on myself . . and in turn eat :eek: sooooo it works better me saying .. my jeans are tighter... so tighten up missey!!! Hey . . but whatever works .. the bikini was a HUGE scare tactic that made me tighten the eats a bit!! LOL

Jacque ... think I need to give boss your previous suggestion .. tell him to "man up" and when PIA comes back address her lazyness!! HA .. but that wont happen!!!

Jen .. PLYO class was awesome .. a burner for sure .. and a breath taker!! LOL

OK .. better get back to corrections .. have a great one .. and I will try to get back later on to see what everyone is up to!! :D

Di: Good job on the cardio this morning! That would be great if you join in on NROL! Sunny may do it too. She posted to me on FB about it. :)

Laura: Paying you NOT to come to class?? LOL-they are afraid of you, woman and I can't say I blame them! :p Take it as a compliment!!! You are one tough cookie with crazy energy!!!!:)

Good afternoon everyone!

Sounds like we are all on the same page re:cleaning up the diet. I just got back from grocery shopping. I went through my Hungry Girl cookbook before I left so that I had enough ideas for low cal/low fat foods, and I came back with a nice stock of goods. I also started logging my foods this morning. It's time to buckle down!

Diana, Afterburn is expensive and it's really the workout itself that has any value. I think the nutrition aspect of it is very general, like "Phase 1 eat this many cals and try to stick to these macros, then Phase 2 lower your cals by this much and adjust your macros to this"...nothing mind blowingly new. However, it is a darn good workout plan. Like Wendy, I also bought the hard copy rather than the ebook.

Wendy, I haven't had a chance to preview yet! I'll definitely chime in when I do though. I got as far as opening the package and flipping through the material so far, and I'm already encouraged. I really like the concept of compound exercises and it seems that's her focus. I'm chomping at the bit to get started! Two more weeks til I see the doc.

Laura, Work sounds crazy for you right now!! I sympathize :( Hope it lightens up for you soon! When does PIA return, anyway?

Jacque, Hope you're not too swamped at work, too! I feel guilty livin' this life of luxury lately when I hear about how busy all you girls are! Oh well...I'll be back in the thick of it soon enough ;)

Decided on a rest day today. My legs are still killing me! It's torture to have to sit on the toilet (y'all know what I'm talking about), and I really don't need any added hassle in that department than I already have...so I'm hoping a day off will help. Just finished brewing a cup of java. Sounds like a perfect time to pop in a CLX workout and see what's in store for me.

BBS~

Jen

Jen: Yes, most of CLX is about compound moves except for phase 2 Push which is what I am doing now. She decreases reps and increases the weight load and it's all single exercises so that you can really concentrate since you are lifting so heavy. The cardios are fun but with my wonky knee I have been having to come up with alternatives, thus my modification/substitutions every week. So it looks like Sunny (DeeDee) will be joining in on NROL4W in a couple months. Do you still plan to do that with us or are you going to do CLX instead?

Wendy,

I think it'll depend on when you guys decide to start NROL. I do like that program very much. I managed to complete it thru Stage 4 when I first bought the book, which was last January (of '08). Then I stumbled upon Warp Speed Fat Loss and jumped ship for that, because I was looking to burn some fat. I've always intended to go back to NROL and complete it though.

However, I'm thinking now that I'd like to jump into CLX once I get the doc's okay and do the three month rotation. It looks fun, fresh, and efficient. My only reservation is the core work she does...it looks somewhat advanced, at least for me right now, but I could probably adapt it. IIRC, NROL4W does not have an intense focus on ab work because its theory is that the core is worked indirectly as a part of the compound moves. (That's probably what I need more right now.)

Oy, I just confused myself even more :rolleyes:

Bottom line, I guess I don't really know yet :p Maybe what I'll do is start the CLX rotation ASAP, and when I'm finished with that I'll jump into NROL with you guys at whatever stage you're at, thus fulfilling my desire to complete that program! :)

And warning: I reserve the right to change my mind :D

Jen,

OMG! You sound exactly like me! :D I have the darndest time making up my mind when it comes to what rotation/program I want to do! LOL When I first started thinking about what to do post-CLX I was talking about the X. I still want to give it a go but now it's on the back burner for a while longer. I can't tell you how many other ideas have crossed my mind but I keep shoo'ing them away for fear of getting even MORE confused! :p The thing that worries me about sticking to NROL is the same thing that troubled me with Afterburn. Fantastic program but working out of a book means a MAJOR fun-factor loss for me! :( Oh well. I'm a big girl. I need to deal with it, right? :rolleyes: :p

Had another 4.5 ounces of Pinot Noir tonight. I had the cals to spare since today was a high calorie day so I jumped right on that! :cool: Are you allowed to indulge these days or do you have to wait a bit longer?

Off to climb in bed and read my book. I can't put the darned thing down! This is so odd for me! LOL

Good Night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.