Damage Control...TGIF!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Ladies.

Okay, so hopefully Jacque didn't get on here and start today's thread on her way to bed last night cause if she did, I didn't see it! :p

I was the last to post on y'day's thread and am caught up with personals.

Had a crab cake dinner and 2 captain morgan and diets last night when I went out with DH. It was nice but I felt like a moo-cow when I was done and I didn't even eat a lot! I had one small biscuit while we were waiting for the food, no appetizer, a small salad and off of my dinner plate which was large and piled high with rice and some veggies and ofcourse 2 smallish crab cakes, I ate the crab cakes and maybe 2 or 3 forkfuls of the rice and that was it. Why does restaraunt food always have to be so damn heavy?? :confused:

Enough whining cause I am gonna work that meal off with Bob this morning! :D I'll BBL to let you know what I think! :cool:

HAPPY FRIDAY! FINALLY! WOOT WOOT!

Good Morning!:)

My two days off are over!:confused: Goes by to quickly! The up side is that I only have one day at work with people around me:D Me likes that!;)

Yesterday's workout was ME and PH bics and shoul, PH abs and a 11 km run. Some st's were really though b/c the wind would not give up!:( It was driving me nuts! Im not sure what workout I will do today. It may be a shorter run,with a HIIT workout throwen in there...and more weights I think.

Wendy** My running partner keeps saying that DS comes by it naturally. Neither one of us sit for long periods of time. I can only imagine if I was older when I had him...he would have wore me out! Ugh! I turned the heat down in the hot tub, so it was more like a warm bath. If it were hot, I wouldn't have let him stay in for to long. Your expecting your new dvds soon??? Let me know what you think of them!!

Diana** When and where are you going on vaca? Are you going to see the girls? And I am assuming that they are coming for a nice long visit this summer? Glad to hear your getting more definition all over. I should wear something sleeveless to the dinner thing tonight...then the *itches will probably be saying that I look like a man! LOL

Jacque** How long are the kiddies here for? So sweet about him eating cherrios! LOL They are soooo cute at this age. Alot of work....but cute! DS as been sleeping in the past few days...I wonder why?? Did you get a workout in yesterday?

Laura** Ok...winning vibes coming your way! Have a good weekend and not to many CABS now you hear??:p

So tonight I have a dinner party to go to:mad: Can you tell I am excited about it? Its my so called "friend" who is hosting it and with all the fakeness jammed in one room, I really didn't care to go. But one of the other girls we hang out with begged me to go b/c she didn't really want to go either! I told her I would go from 6-9 but that was about it. Dear Lord! Not looking forward to this at all!!!!

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

progress.gif
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2026348

checking in b4 traingin LL day

so last night .. i managed all my plyos... planks.. full mtry pushups .... most abs .. inlcuding the full sit up and roll ups ...:eek:.. say i am @ 90% now .. woohoooooooo I am so excited .. ABS are talking to me this morning .. so is my chest .... but wooohooooo:D

Wendy ... whats up w/the WOW??????

Lori .. sorry the two days went by fast ... it always does ..

ok .. hello to all that follow . gotta jet .. have a great one .. will BBL after training day ... ;):D

Hi ladies,

Well I am glad it's Friday. I'm feeling wiped out...been uber busy all week! Got the stitches out yesterday and he froze it, hopefully it will be totally gone in a couple weeks. It was precancerous and the doc said it would be best to remove it. It's a little red and puffy but I'll deal with it. I had such a terrible headache from the treatment that I didn't go to bootcamp last night.:mad:

I intended on running this morning...but I didn't sleep very well and have no energy. I'm contemplating doing one of the shorter BH w/o's. I have legs and back scheduled for today at lunch. The day won't be a total loss, but won't be getting that run in. The temps are in the mid 90's which is way to hot for me to run at lunch.

Wendy-don't you think there is a lot of weight work in his cardio w/o? It was not what I was expecting, but it was tough tough tough! Did you use your KB's?? I also thought it started out kind of slow, then oh my.....!

Lori-We are going to our timeshare in the mountains in mid july. It used to be my parents, but DH and I took it over after my dad passed. Its about an hour and half away. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, private hot tub etc. My gd's arrive June 30th and will be staying with me until July 28th. I say show off your arms, they are just jealous and would never put in the time necessary to get killer arms!

Laura-glad you are back in working order...ready to kick butt!!! The wow is wendy's review of the BH cardio w/o!

Jacque-what are you up to today? Sounds like you had a blast with the gs's....even your DH had fun with them!

PunkyJen-any plans for the weekend?

bbl

Diana:: Yes there sure was a lot of weight work in BH cardio. I would call it a circuit more then a straight cardio w/o for sure. The cardio factor is definitely intense but with all the weights, I consider it a circuit. Could be tough to fit in w/STS on a regular basis but great recovery week w/o maybe! ;) I used my 15# KB for all of the swings and will be feeling it tmrw 10 fold I am sure! :eek: I used a 15# DB for the squats but dropped it when they started the squat jumps...no thanks! :p I used 15# for the shoulder rows but quickly moved down to 5,3 and 2# weights for the remainder of the shoulder work. I need to be able to do STS Disc 4 in a couple of days. Can't have fried shoulders! :confused:
Sorry about the headache from the procedure last night and having to miss BC class. I know you hate to miss them. Enjoy your gym w/o today!

So Jen and I are considering purchasing the Turbo Fire Deluxe DVD set only to see what we think. ;) If we like it we will then consider adding on the basic program. I know I said I have no interest in it :p but you get a decent amount of work outs for $60 w/a money back garuntee so I think it's worth a shot. It's being described as TJ on fast forward, etc and I like TJ so I think I need to try this. Not quite sure when though and I DO swear I am going to "clean house" in the next month. I need to make room! I have so much and I don't use a good lot of them! I even have quite a few work outs that are still in their wrappers! This is so not like me! :eek:

Last edited:
Hey Girls

Started checking in earlier but I was rudely interupted!! How dare they?;)

Workout today was PH and PE chest and back. My forearms were so tired from doing back. Maybe I should train my forearms more often. Then I did 40 mins on the TM (it was seg 1 and 2 of cc#5) and LL abs.

Wendy** So I am guessing the workout went well?:) Someone mentioned to me about the new TJ workouts...maybe it was you? They sound good.

Diana** I remember you talking about that place last year. Any neighbours near by? Sounds like heaven actaully. I love get away places!:)

Laura** When you guys are headed back to work...I will be getting off!! I love having Mondays off but I HAVE to take DS to preschool on Monday! I can't put it off any longer

So....I had a nice chat with my boss today. Apparently DH called the other day and told him that he was afraid my job was going to wear me out....b/c of the call outs and the late nights. I don't really have a concern with this right now b/c business isn't crazy so my call outs are kinda limited and the ones I have had this pay period have been earlier in the evening. But this whole conversation gave me the chance to bring up my pay. We had a good chat, and I could see where he was coming from as well. It all makes sense but like I told him, it would be different if there were 4 of us here and only one girl is making more money, but there is just the 2 of us with equal duties and equal responsibiltes. Anyway...it was nice to even get it off my chest. I also told him that I wasn't sure if I was going to stick it out and wait for the raise ( cause who knows how long that will take) ot if I will move on to something else. Just before he left he told me that he was going to go to bat for me with the raise...he couldn't make any promises but he would try, and Im fine with that.:)

Alright...should clean up before I head home! Have a good evening! Fake smiling dinner party...here I come!:rolleyes:

Lori:)

Lori:: Have fun at the dinner party! :p Glad your boss is going to bat for you. That's really all you can ask of him if he does not have the power to give you a raise on his own. Yes, TF has been mentioned here prior. Me and Laura talked about it briefly. I had no interest in it at that time. ;) I love the new Bob Harper cardio w/o I did. Lots of weight work but definitely keeps the heart rate up! Just have to be careful about where you put it in a rotation b/c of the weights!

Good Friday morning ladies (barely still morning though !) :p

DS1, DIL & GS's just left a short bit ago so now it's time to do something productive. Checked my work emails and did all I feel like doing ! I am on vaca after all. My back is sore from lifting the little ones so I iced and took Aleve and now have a small belly ache. Not gonna workout yet . . . Still thinking Terminator, probably my usual afternoon/evening time to workout.

Wendy - LOL - I actually went to bed before midnight so couldn't really start the thread *legitimately* ! :rolleyes: ;) Great review on BH - sounds fun and beneficial to boot. Now on to Turbo Fire already, huh? Well crab cakes sound delish - I have found a great recipe and like to make them with the preshelled crab meat from Costco. Haven't done it for a while though . . . Glad you got to have an "adults dinner" out.

Lori - sorry your time off went fast but nice you have a day by yourself. I love it when my assistant is off and I am "solo". Get so much more done ! ITA with Diana - wear a sleeveless top tonight and show them GUNS girl ! :D Perhaps they will be nice so you don't deck them !?:eek: Was fun with the boys . . . they were very good. Only really had them a bit over a day without their parents but they were so cute ! Course they all are when they behave, right? ;) Good you had a chat about the $ which has been bothering you. <<< Good luck on a raise >>> vibes coming your way !

Diana - hope you have a nice relaxing weekend after this week - then you will have your hands full (fun but full) in no time. Woo Hoo I am excited for you ! :p The girls will have so much fun with you and at the timeshare. Nice you had the spot removed - also sorry you missed BC but worth it in the long run for sure. Hope you got your docs in order for the EOM.

Laura - <<< Good luck vibes for winning ! >>> Obviously you have it going in your direction with you being pretty much healed after your fall. Oh, DB . . . boy do I hope time flies for that and it turns out he wins. Agree kinda scary people don't know about the run off. Good thing you are knocking on doors !

Off for now . . .

Hi Everybody

Just checkin' in--

Feeling guilty over some french fries and an oatmeal cookie (well, 2 oatmeal cookies).

Better go hit the step routine fast!

Diana: just was perusing your darling pix of your granddaughters. They are just precious! So sorry about your procedure/headache. You are very brave.

Jacque: Sounds like you're working too much!

Wendy: I saw some of your pix on FB too. Looks like u r a fun- loving gal!

All right everybody-- off to enjoy the weekend with some veggies, water, and Cathe!

Hi Ladies,

So my 1 hour meeting this morning took 2 and half hours, then another hour this afternoon. I have work to do, I can't be spending my whole day in meetings..UGH!

No workout at all today. Missed Back and Legs today but it is a workout I can do at home...and will tomorrow! The rotation calls for chins which I like using the assisted machine at the rec ctr, but I have pullup bar so there are no excuses.

We had our highest temperature this year..today...99! Us Coloradoans do not like it this hot!!!

Wendy-I want Turbo Fire but it is not in the budget right now. I'm hoping its something I can ask for as bday gift in September. Can't wait to hear your reviews of it. If you don't like, I want first dibs on buying it from you...pretty please! That cardio w/o sneaks up on you huh...nice job with it this morning. I struggled with the weight selection...had all different db's and kb's...started heavier and ended up going lighter. He just never stops...Nice Job.

Lori-sometimes we have neighbors on vacation and other times they are vacant. It's a small complex anyway..it's at ski resort so you can mtn bike, take the gondola to the top of the mountain, they have maze you can walk through etc. Glad you talked to your boss about getting a raise, certainly hope he's able to get you one. I've been waiting on a promotion for several years now and it's getting old.

Jacque-no, my docs aren't ready for EOM. I actually brought some stuff home with me and hopefully I can get some of it done this weekend. I'm really looking forward to my gd's and am sure they will wear me out. I'll be needing some of Lori's energy to keep up with them! All the terminators are good, which one did you do?

PunkyJen-I just finished some chocolate chips...actually went to the store for some chocolate...sad but true. You are so good with your eats, hope some of it rubs off on me! Have a great weekend.

Laura-have a good weekend....oh yeah, and a winning weekend!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.