Damage Control...TGIF!!!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Not sure whats up with DS getting up when I get up!:mad: Ugh...although he started his day yesterday at 6:48 and I wasnt awake. I think he hears DDs alarm clock. So much for my me time in the morning. My parents are here to take care of him today so my workout should go uninterupted!:)

Todays workout will be just cardio and abs. Hoping to start in the next 30 mins or so. I was the last one to check in last night so of course I have nothing more to say!;)

Lori:)

Hi Lori and all who follow.

I feel absolutely HORRIBLE! :( I have the damn stomach flu or something. My temperature has been steadily on the rise since I got up this morning and I am dealing with intermittent bouts of nausea, stomach aches, gas pains and diareha (sp?). UGH! Needless to say, I am not going into work today. It sucks cause I feel terrible about it AND I won't get paid AND it probably looks bad but they would be crazy to ask me to come in right now! I will, however, get a doctor's note for monday. My DH is making me go to the doc this morning after I drop DS off at school.

That's all for now...I will try to check in later! Bye girls!

Good Morning Ladies,

I had a terrible day at work yesterday. A power struggle if you will..with one of my coworkers. Most times I can take the high road and let it go, but I'm not giving in this time.

My workout yesterday morning...I thought I was doing HIIT DWP, I obviously selected 30/30. As I was doing the warmup on the step, I kept thinking DWP doesn't use a step. Oh well, it was w/o none the less. Bootcamp class was great last night. We started out with running laps, alternating jumping lunges, pushups...repeat, next cycle was running, mountain climbers, dips...repeat, last cycle was squat jumps, bicep curl on the balance disc...finished with some tough abs. The running included sprints just to make it a little tougher. I love this class!

This morning should be disc 16, CST. I didn't sleep very well, due to the stresses of my bad day...this workout will have to wait until this afternoon when I have a bit more energy.

We got another bout of snow...so I'm working from home today. I'm glad to have this luxury.

Lori-Loved the circuit you came up with yesterday! You are quite creative mixing and matching. Yesterday was the first time I've ran in months..literally. It was pretty tough but a nice re-introduction to running.

Wendy-hope you feel better soon. Obviously if you are sick it is best to stay home, not only so you can rest, but to keep from spreading it to your co-workers. {{hugs}} The Imax blast only premix is pretty hard, nice job!

Jacque-Wow, 74 and sunny...bathing suit...I'm in a winter wonderland. CCC is goodie for sure. I have a hard time with the roll backs and jumps, so I do it on my step to make it a little easier. Otherwise I do the jacks in its place.

Laura-sorry DH ticked you off. I'm sure you would enjoy the bootcamp classes. It's not like a solid hour of cardio, we do walk all through the rec ctr from the upstairs track to the downstairs weight room or open area (between our exercises), but our trainer is amazing and pushes us pretty hard.

Jen-Are you getting caught up on your work?

TGIF

Hey Ladies ..

DOMS reporting in the buttocks again :confused: WTH???? my butt has been sore since JAN :confused: a little "twingy" in the pecs and quads .. but not bad!! :) Went home and DH had FRIED fish :( UGH .. but I bit my tongue and ate one peice .. he was trying his best to be super nice .. didnt want to hurt his feelings by saying the LAST thing I wanted was FRIED fish :( .. he went to be early b/c he had to be up early to go back to work for all day meeting (on off day) .. UGH .. but we have a good date night planned tonight .. out for dinner and some gambling!! :D

Today is a FORCED rest day b/c I had mega errands at lunch ..and leaving at 5 straight home to hit the road w/DH .. tmrw planning on prbly a HiiT and weights ... OH and I am wearing jeans today and they are LOOSER .. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA (not LOOSE .. but loos-ER) :D

Lori .. DH moods change w/the shift he works .. it is very frustrating to me .. but I have pretty much learned when to keep my mouth shut .. except the other night ... LOL .. but he knew I was ticked so we both just said forget it .. LOL .. maybe we can make up for it this weekend ;)

Wendy .. OH MY .. you sound like you are in bad shape .. no dont go to work . . yes go to the dr .. hope it is 24 hour bug and not something worse .. the climbing fever doesnt sound good though .. take care .. get you plenty of fluids!!

Di . . yes bootcamp sounds right up my alley .. so glad you got into the class!!! I hate getting into w/co-workers .. I hate to even talk good about my PIA .. she has been ok lately (knock on wood) .. but ball season starts for her kids so I am sure she will turn that leaf and start up old ways that PI$$ me off!! (working to get out of work)

Jacque - you must have sent some sunshine our way .. OMG it is GORGEOUOS out .. and this is the ONLY day I have not gotten my power walk in .. dang it .. LOADS of sunshine and just gorgeous .. if I were at home I would be sitting poolside and soaking up some rays too :D mabye tmrw will be repeat of today's weather I hope!!

Hello Jen - still cursing you b/c I am HOOKED on Bejewelled ...LOL

OK .. better run .. have a great day .. and ya'll workout for me .. I will TRY to check in tmrw .. wish us luck tonight maybe we will hit a jackpot :D (gotta keep wishing) ... :eek:

Hey Girls:)

Not sure where my boss disappeared to but if he isn't under my feet...then thats fine with me!:D He isn't quit as bad today but he kind of lingering around, waiting for a phone call ....that never comes. It is sooo nice to see the shoe on the other foot. He soo does not have the upper hand in this but he acts like he does.

Anyway, we don't want to get on that topic again.

I was right, my workout went smoothly today. It was a nice change. I did 6 miles on the TM and ME abs. I didn't realize I had DOMS in my abs until I started doing ME.

Wendy** Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Im guessing you aren't getting paid b/c you just started? Do you have to earn your sick days? Hopefully its just a 24 hour thing and you will be up and running in no time!

Diana** Don't give in...stick to your guns:) Im sure you will. Nice workout. I am usually creative when I don't know what to do and I don't want to do anything. I shouldn't say don't want to...b/c I always want to but when nothing appeals to me, I usually come up with a circuit. I really love circuit workouts!

Laura** Fried fish smells bad but I like it. My mom is making baked beans for us today. Im sure it will be blowing a gail in my house tonight!:) haha! Im sure you and DH will have a wonderful weekend of making up!! Good luck, win big and send some my way!

So my running partner started in the other night. Im guessing now that she has forgotten what the marathon actually felt like when she was running it, she wants to do it again. She was checking out one for us to do this spring:eek: She went from saying "I" to throwing "WE" out there. I said "we"? " where do WE fit into this"? She picked out one that was on the other side of the country and 3000 meters above sea level...thanks but no thanks! Then she picked out another one but then she realized that only 300 people did it last year:confused: She ends up calling me as soon as I get to work today, doesn't even ask if I am busy and she started yacking about the Ottawa marathon on May 30th. We would just go it alone, no men. It would be much cheaper that way and it would be a nice girls weekend away... so I am seriously considering it. Im not sure what the training will be like this time of year but Im thinking a good chunk of it will have to be done on the TM. Of course DH gave me the go ahead, not like he was gonna say no anyway...then I would have definitly went! LOL

I will bbl! Phew...wrote all of this and still no boss around!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.