Damage Control, TGIF!

Morning!

Well, I am working today after 2 days off. Feels like a mini vacation when I have 2 days off back to back during the week. :p

Jacque:
Yeah I looked up the poundage for the bb bands. Here you go:

Pink= 15 pounds
Magenta= 20 pounds
Red= 30 pounds
Green= 40 pounds
Black= 50 pounds

If you have trouble telling the difference in the colors of the first 3 (I had trouble. My pink looks red, etc.). Just look at the band thickness. The thinnest one is the lightest and so on. HTH! :) I think you asked about how I am dealing with DH being home. Well, he's not a pain in the tush but he IS rather lazy. He sleeps late and then sits on the couch in front of the boob tube all day. He could be helping me do housework or doing any of the several "jobs" that need to be done around our house right now but no. He just sits there...as if he's still on vacation! :rolleyes: I have asked him to wash dishes a few times and he does it so I am sure he'd do more if I asked BUT I hate being a nag and that's what I feel like when I start asking/ordering him to do things. :confused:

I caught up with the rest of the personals last night so I guess that's all for now but I'll be back!:cool:

Good Morning!:)

I didn't have a great night at work last night....but now I am off until Mon! Lots of time to catch up on sleep as long as someone doesn't convince me to consume to many beverages this weekend:rolleyes: It is a party weekend here. St.Patricks day and there is a big v-ball tornament in town (which was fun to go to when I was younger but now that I am older , it serves no purpose to go look at hot young men:eek:) So....its just as well to stay home!

I am hoping to get a good cardio workout in today...to offset the drinks if I have any. I haven't had a drink since last Fri....aren't I a good girl???

Wendy** When Dh wasn't working, a few yrs ago, he drove me crazy. I wasn't use to him being around all the time, in fact it was just the opposite, he was gone most of the time. So when he was under my feet day in and day out, he drove me nuts. Thank goodness that it didn't last very long. Hopefully he will find something soon.

Well...its been rather steady at work the past month so Im wondering WHEN things will return to normal? Im not sure what kind of "hole" my boss may be in...or if he is even in one but if things keep going the way they are going, I don't see why we will have to work crappy shifts forever (although...mine are pretty much the same) We went from no planes to 4 and 5 a day. Today we have 4 private jets and 3 big ones.

Anyway...I will bbl! Someone else may have posted since I started this b/c I have been lured upstairs a few times!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

I'm up earlier than normal and feeling pretty good. I did get a good nights sleep last night and that makes all the difference. This morning is the last disc of meso cycle 1. I can't believe it's already been 4 weeks. I am looking forward to a week of hardcore cardio.

I do have some DOMs from the pullups in yesterday's workout. It's the count, up 1 and down 3 which really got in their good. Similar to all those pullups in P90X.

Meltdown class was pretty good. We did harness runs which are pretty tough. Although we are doing them down a long hall way and not the length of a football field so they are "not as hard as it could be". We also did a ton of ab work!

My legs are in terrible shape. I really need to step up the leg training and I think the running will help a lot too. If I can get away at lunch, I'm going to take the butts & guts class at the rec ctr.

Wendy-My DH is the same way. He only does housework when I ask him to. It's kinda annoying, like can't he see what needs to be done??? I love him anyway.

Jacque-where did you order the lifting hooks from? I had problems with my forearms giving out before the muscle being worked did in CLX. Even now during STS, with some of the dumbbell deadlifts too. Sometimes I sub using a barbell. I still need to check out the runners world HM training program.

bbl

Happy Happy Friday to all !

This is perhaps my favorite day of every week ! ! ! :eek:

Wendy - forgot to post about the lifting hooks last night. Here are the ones I ordered but I ordered from Amazon.com:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/155024

This company does have loads of different ones. I did a Versa Grip search - they are just straps, which I have some of those, but wrapping them is hard on the second one and they don't really help me cuz I can't get them tight enought. (Thankfully I bought some cheap ones.). I'm anxious to try the hooks which look like they will be more feasible for my poor hand and forearm strength. Will let you all know as soon as I get them - will give them a test run if it is next week and we have cardio for the rest week.

I remember when my DH was off for a few months. Same thing, was even still undressed and unshowered by the time I came home in the afternoon ! :eek: With dishes still in the sink. Oh well, they just aren't like us females and never will be ! Love the book Men are from Mars . . . Opened my eyes.

Lori - woo hoo a "real weekend" for you huh? I would absolutely love to see a volleyball tourney. But to watch the games ! ! ! You are definitely a good girl - I caved on the CABs a few days ago along with some food binging too. Today is Friday the 13th so may as well begin my "good girl" eating again. Wonder if your boss needs to "get ahead of the game" for a while. Good to hear things are picking up though - be happy about that. Am hoping the same happens at my company since we are 2/3 owners of ours and it's our retirement. Thinking our "stock" price will definitely be dropping this year.

Diana - I hear you on being at the end of the cycle ! I am also looking forward to cardio cardio cardio. Almost drooling in fact ! We are supposed to have warming weather and I am anxious to see how I do on my old running route. It's about 4.5 miles and has a great pretty steep hill of about 1/2 a mile. Also winds through next to a creek bed, beautiful run. I always worry about it though because here and there they have attacks on women, but haven't heard of one for over a year now. I totally keep track of my surroundings, but still sometimes fell intimated.

Off to get ready for work. UGH, have a lunch meeting (I love the broker we are going with and we need to figure out how much we are going to pass on to the employees), but hate going out to eat right now because I can't control what goes into my food. DH is a bit irritated that I have to watch it so carefully cuz he loves to go out to eat. It is just so easy for me to gain these days and so hard to lose ! I want my old bod back ! :p Screw these hormones !

OK done ! :D HAPPY FRIDAY AGAIN !

Last edited:
Hello ladies ..

I have been one sick puppy!! You know Monday I was feeling like warmed over crap .. well I got worse :confused: I even canceled class MON .. went to the eye dr .. have acute conjuntivitus in both eyes .. sent me home .. had to take drops every hour and no contacts ... then Tuesday woke up w/afever and chills and mucus everywhere ... called in and then WEd was WORSE .. broke down went ot the Dr .. and got a z-pack and some cough meds .. tested for strep . thank goodness no strep ... but have some sort of virus .. :(.. have been in bed or on the couch all week .. felt better this morning so I came to work .. but not 100% .. :( ,, this crud has messed up my STS training :mad::mad: DANG IT ... no workouts .. no classes .. no STS .. and I lost 6 pounds :confused:.. which once I start eating again think my pounds will come back .. I dont want to loose the precious muscles I worked so hard for!!! :(

sssssssssssoooooooooooo .. anyway .. I am at work .. waiting for the 5 oclock bell to ring .. come in to find out the PIA has scheduled a hystorectomy ON MY VACATION WEEK in APRIL :mad::mad::mad: .. I am totally convinced that the stress PIA and my evil aunt causes me is the reason I am sick now ... :mad:! I hope the boss does not make me cancel my vacation .. the only silver lining is NO PIA for an entire SIX WEEKS ... {{ mustering enough energy to do a happy dance }} :D

Well hopefully tmmrw I will awaken w/no mucus .. no sore throat .. no nausea .. and feel like my old self ... SIL wants to skip to the STS legs originally scheduled for SAT .. and do the make up disc next week .. so we will attemp that tmmrw I HOPE!!!:)

I hope you girls had my slack while I was a motionless pile of mucus on my couch these past few days!! I dont usually get down like this .. think really it is the stress I have been under .. it did me in this time! Just please NO kidney stone this time {{ on bended knee }}

OK .. better run .. they are going to RE-DO my desk area and I get to temp move in the back .. have lots of packing to do!!! (away from PIA early .. woooohoooo)

have a great one .. will BBL to catch up on personals!!;)

Hi ladies,

My day ended up being booked with meetings so I didn't get in a lunch workout. :(

My work schedule has suddenly gotten a lot busier which I'm thankful for. But due to some new assignments, my work schedule is a little different. I have to be at work at 8am 3 days next week. That really cuts into my morning workouts. My schedule looks pretty busy but with the weather warming up next week I will make every effort to get in some outdoor running. Even the CLX cardio w/o's will work since they are shorter.

I have some cleaning and organizing I need to take care of. I'm thinking it will only take an hour so and I just need to do it. I keep putting it off and then it stresses me out.

Lori-have a great weekend off!!! I don't know, I'm older than you and I sure wouldn't mind watching some hot young men!!!!!

Jacque-I'm struggling my weight too. Well I should say it's a constant struggle for me! I'm considering going back to WW but I haven't really decided for sure yet. I'm a stress eater and I know that's why I struggle.

Laura-sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. I hope you are feeling better very soon. Hopefully you won't have to change your vacation, especially if you requested your time off first. I scheduled my hysterectomy around my teammates schedules and it worked out fine.

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.