Damage Control...Sunday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Girlies.

Well, I don't know wether to say WOW or OW about y'day's leg work out! I knew DOMS was gonna be bad when I could feel it just starting to creep in last night and OMG was I right! Holy cr@p! I LOOOOOVE it though! ;):D I have to admit, I loved the meso 1 leg work outs as well. I loved the exercises. They were not all the same old standard ones. Lots of different moves. Kept me interested for sure and also gave me some good DOMS too!

Speaking of good DOMS, Diana, I am hopeful that I have found a way to sneak some Tonique into my current rotation as well..starting tomorrow (if my legs are recovered enough for it anyway!LOL). Wish me luck!:D

Today's work out is kickboxing. I have Cardio Kicks on tap. Haven't done that one in ages. It's one of the dvds I recently re-purchased. This will be my first shot at it...if my legs allow it! :p

Ok, just wanted to get us started. I'll BBIAB since I was the last to post last night.

Later!:)

Last edited:
Seems like we posted at the same time....

Good Morning Girls!:)

Super late night last night and I am feeling it today!:eek: Ugh! I was trying to get DH to leave the party around 1'ish and to tell you the truth...he could have stayed and I would have been happy enough to go home and crawl into bed:p. Then we realized that the party was going to be shut down at 2 anyways and she is my really close friend so we stayed. But it didn't shut down at 2...I think it was 2:30 before I finally convinced DH to leave...which TRUST ME...he could have stayed! It was fun in the meantime, even though I couldn't drink but who needs those empty cals anyway?;) It was close to 3:30 before I got into bed and up at 7:49. And I had to be here b/c a flight I had was suppose to be leaving but the winds are rather high, so I don't think he will be going anywhere. Atleast I can nap at work:D I am suppose to be playing cards with the girls tonight and I don't even see how thats possible. I know I am going to be to tired.

So as of now there is no workout today. I may do something later, depending on what time I get off of work and how much energy I have. If not I will make it up with a really long run tomorrow.

Lori:)

O.k...now to catch up on personals! I can't believe that my coffee cup is empty already!:( Wahhhh!

Wendy** I think the full body premix is 90 something mins long, just the UB was...Im not sure what it was! LOL I have some nice DOMS going on today though. I love it...much like yourself. I need to get a good leg workout in as well but its hard with these long runs. I could easily do legs today but then my legs would be jello for tomorrows run and I can't run with jello legs:rolleyes: Hope you have a good workout today and that your legs cooperate!

Diana** Congrat to Jerods team! DD plays v-ball but she usually gets lots of playing time. I can only imagine how many games we will have to sit through with DS. I don't even know what we will be signing him up for later but he is such a monkey that I think gymnastics is a must and he loves the water...so swimming lessons will be in the near future.

Jacque** How is your back today? The back seems to be such a delicate area. Hopefully it won't give you any grief.

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

We had a wonderful time at dinner last night. I got to visit with my MIL for a while. She is having knee replacement surgery at the end of the month. I'm more nervous about it than she is. I wanted her to have this surgery years ago but she didn't want to. Now she is almost 71 and will have it done.

I talked to Amanda a few days ago and she said we can have the girls on Dec 27th. We will try to keep them through the first week of January or so. Their 3rd birthday is on Jan 13th and we hope to have a birthday party for them while they are here.

Yesterday ended up being a rest day so I will have to hit upperbody or full body today. I'm thinking about doing PUB and one of the tonique w/o's or an Insanity w/o. Too many w/o's....not sure what to do. I should be running today to, but its supposed to be 97...i'm not running.

Wendy-I hope to give tonique a try either today or tomorrow. I haven't previewed the Tonique2 dvds, are they cardio/legs? Hope you like cardio kicks, it has some nice drills at the end....those ice breakers whew..!

Lori-I don't know how you can get up so early after going to bed so late! I need my sleep or I'm really grouchy. DS's football team has over 40 kids on it, which is why his playing time is limited. Oh, and they moved him from Defense to Offense for his starting position. He's played both before, but mainly defensive line for the past 7 yrs. Only two seasons did he play offense and defense. I expect his playing time will increase as the season progresses.

Jacque-how's the back feeling today? Do you have any plans for the long weekend? I need to get busy cleaning my closet today. Don't work too much.

bbl

Cardio Kicks is done and I'm about dead. :p

Gotta shower, eat and head out for the afternoon. :eek: We are going to a state park that is holding a wine festival and also has activities for kids including a train ride which I am sure DS will LOVE! It's another perfect weather day out there! Can't wait to get out and enjoy it! Boy am I am gonna sleep good tonight!

Catch up with personals later or tmrw!

Ciao Bells!

Hiya ladies !

Well we had a bummer of a surprise this AM as right about 7 AM we heard a funny noise and low and behold, the tree across the alley behind us dumped a HUGE limb right on our fence, loads of branches in our backyard. Lucky nothing was growing in that spot and the portion of fence it hit was the section DH cross-braced and the one we remove when we bring in equipment or haul out the trees we have cut down previously. It was strong enough not to fall, but we may need to replace a few posts. I'd like a new fence, but we will see . . .

Anyhow, we spend an hour or so helping the neighbors cut and pile up the branch - I swear it was about half as much as the tree we just removed from our yard a few months ago !

MMA was on tap but not going to do it now as the morning is nearly over. May do it later tonight. Boy oh boy my legs are sore. Hammies especially with all the lunges and plies from y'days workout. Woo Hoo ! ! ! :p We are all DOM queens right now !

Wendy - Have a great time at the festival. Was wondering if DH would want to go to a semi-local air show but he hasn't said anything yet . . . :rolleyes:

Lori - The back is a little sore - I did the deadlifts without weights just to work it a bit and the stability ball "roll ins" made it really tired. Not feeling bad though . . . I did pull it terribly about 12 years ago - ended up at the emergency room for a shot of muscle relaxants and I have had to watch it ever since. Just need to pay attention when it starts getting bad and "behave" - that's the hard part! :eek:

Girl I hope you got a nap in there at work today. It sure puts a damper on life when you only get a handful of hours of sleep. Will be anxious to see how much DH can party as he gets older. I swear it gets harder and harder to survive with little sleep as the years go by ! :eek:

Diana - Well I am better today and taking it easy with the back thing - it was fine with the weights yesterday and just didn't use weights for the deadlifts. Felt good to do them and stretch it a bit. No real plans - want to be productive but yesterday after I finished up my grocery shopping I just read a book, "Corporate Confidential", interviews with executives and how they got to the top, what they look for in execs and hints on how to act/what to learn/ways to further your career. Today I'll probably read another one our Lead Team is supposed to read, The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive. Gotta move myself to another level ASAP. Answered a few emails and got started on getting together a recruiting ad but won't work too hard. Seeing a little light if I put my nose to the grindstone at this point. Thought about getting more of my bedroom painted or "spring cleaned". With this gorgeous sunshine I'm not quite sure what I want to do ! :cool:

Well I'm off to eat - am starved ! Started logging on Fit Day again to get this belly to shrink ! Need to make sure to get my cardio stepped up a bit too. Currently doing Cathe's August rotation - just finishing week 3 and may do BH's DVD's next using the rotation he has posted (thanking Wendy for that post ! ;)

Off for now - enjoy the day and, Woo Hoo, we have one more without work. Feels almost like a vacation ! May try to take off a day mid week or next. Guess I'm getting the GBoys on Friday rather than Sat weekend after next so will need to clean prior.

Hi Girls,

I ended up doing MM, all of it. Then I did Tonique2 Disc 2. I was a little annoyed at first by the lack of cueing...but caught on pretty quickly. I actually like Sylwia's personality. It was full of tons of different squat, lunge, kick combo's. At the end she did some UB weights with 2# DB's. I did as many as I could with my 3s, but ended up putting them down halfway or so through the shoulder work. They were already fried from MM.

Wendy-have fun at the festival, wine to keep mama happy and a train to keep DS happy...sounds perfect! My shoulders were on fire with the 3# weights doing Tonique.

Jacque-glad your back is feeling better today. What a nightmare with the tree falling on the fence. You know it's always something. I don't think I will be running the HM, so may just finish up the last 2 and half weeks of Insanity. I've enjoyed running the shorter distances 4-6 miles. My foot usually starts hurting around mile 4 and by 6 I'm limping a bit.

bbl

Evening girls . . .

Just popping in to report MMA Boxing COMPLETE ! Woo Hoo, the legs are still tired and lost energy during the leg drills. Skipped the last 1 1/2 cuz I just could move them ! :eek:

Tomorrow will be Circuit Blast . . . we'll see how I do . . .

Diana - yep, one more week of my rotation and I really think it will be BH. Wish I had the gumption to do Insanity, but some of the HiiT that Cathe did remind me of Insanity. Can't wait for the new ones - they will be in our hot little hands before we can say Boo ! :p

Toniques sound good, need to get a few things out of the way . . . at least DH is working more - he is spending like he's confident, doesn't mean much cuz he won't agree to it when I ask him. :confused: Ah well . . . we do what we can do.

See ya'll in the AM ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.