Damage Control....Sunday

Good Morning!

I am up earlier then I should be. I'm still quite tired but will go back for a nap in a bit. I drank a lot of wine last night when my company was over but actually do not have a hang over. Perhaps the slightest sign of a headache but that's it. What's got me up is this darned cold. My mouth was dry so my throat hurt and my nose was clogged. I was also hot. BLECH. Had to get up for a bit. I am sure I'll be napping before any work out happens. :rolleyes:

So anyway, I approve. ;) My BF's new beau is a very nice guy with a good sense of humor and will fit in quite nicely with the craziness. They hung out for about 3 hours and it was a riot. We sat around the kitchen table all night. BF and I drank wine and we told stories of our friendship through the years. Somehow though, most of them had to do with the jack azzes I dated. :rolleyes: LOL

So today's work out plan is still Shaun's U/B. The only thing that will change that is if I decide I don't want to do any cardio or if I end up not feeling too hot and want something less intense. Time will tell!

Ok off I go for now but I'll be back in a few with personals!

Lori:: YAY for finishing the long run. When's the marathon girl? Sounds like you are ready!!!!!:D I have been trying to take my rest days during the week so I get a break from getting up that early. With my new rotation I will now have 2 weekday rests. I hope it helps. Time will tell.

Diana:: So did your DH get up for the game this morning? Well the roof is more important then landscaping so you did the right thing. We have no landscaping to speak of in our yard. LOL I would just like a pretty lawn and I'd be happy. I have tried to do the flower thing and it looked great but I just don't keep up with it so I am ditching that idea unless, again, I can pay someone to do it for me!:p I am willing to make these improvements and put the house up for sale this spring but I do not hold high hopes that it will sell fast in this market. I also am not going to torture myself with having to keep everything in "showcase" condition if we aren't even getting any bites. I will leave it up for 6 months. If nothing happens then I want to take it off until next spring and live like a human being again. ;)

Jacque:: How was the game last night? Have fun visiting the GKs? I do my best cleaning when no one is home actually. I don't always take advantage of the time in that way when I get it but I should if I have the time. I also sometimes tend to start cleaning at odd times like I will be brushing my teeth while getting ready to head to bed and end up wiping down the bathroom sink while I'm in there, etc. For a while I was on a sat or sun morning kick. I wouldn't plan for it but would find myself cleaning like a crazy lady around 9am on a weekend. It was a good thing but doesn't always happen that way. I have no set schedule for cleaning. I just kinda do it whenever. lol

Hey Girls!

I had a little sleep in today but not before I got mad first:mad: Why does it have to come to that? I told DH yesterday that I was sleeping in today b/c he never gets up with DS. And DS never wants him to get up b/c he knows he will have to wait. So thats why I am always the choosen one to get up:confused: Anyway, I slept until 9'ish but we were out last night and I didn't get to bed until after 2.

Today is a planned rest day. I can't believe its after 11 already and I am still sitting here in my jammies. DS was whining for something when I got up and I thought he was asking for candy. What he was really saying was "get in" and he was going around with his arm floats....he wanted to get into the hot tub! LOL So the 3 of us got in and he is still whining about it. Actually, he is whining about alot. He is being very high maintance! Ugh!

Wendy** Sounds like you had a great time last night. The party I was at wasn't as crazy as i thought it was gonna be. It was mostly family which consisted of ALOT of different age groups. I thought it was going to be a late night but the place seemed pretty empty when I left at 2. Sunday isn't a real good rest day when i am off of work. I should be taking advantage of my free time. Next weeks run is only 19 k! I can believe I am saying ONLY...but when I have done 23/26/29/29/32....19 feels like there should be a ONLY with it! LOL I told my running parnter last week that it was enough now...i feel like I have ran enough:eek: haha! Funny thing is, I didn't even have to make a trip to the washroom yesterday. In the past when I have done 1 km more then I am use it my belly would be bad all day but I was perfectly fine yesterday. I guess my body is adjusting nicely. The run isn't until the 30th of May. I still have lots of running to do yet!

I am going to check yesterdays thread to see if I missed anything!

Lori

Hi Ladies,

Yes girls, DH did get up yesterday and we all went the ballgame together.:) It was a shutout, 16-0. We played the same team Friday night and it was much closer, 10-7. We only have 1 loss so far and another 4 weeks to play.

Yesterday ended up being a rest day but I did get some housework and laundry done. It was a productive day.

Girls, I need some advice regarding DS1 and his daughters. I suggested we talk to an attorney about a legal custody arrangement allowing him scheduled visitation, summer's, holidays etc. He's afraid doing this will cause his ex to be a real bit**. It was fine when he was living near the girls and could see them every other weekend but he doesn't have that option living here. He pays child support. I have a good relationship with his ex and don't want to ruin it, but my son has a right to see his daughters and the way it is now, she holds all the cards and he just does what she says. I've never been in this situation and I really just want the best for my son. I'm thinking maybe Jacque, Jen or Lori can offer up some suggestions.

Wendy-I hope your new w/o schedule works better for you. I'm counting down the days until STS is over...2 weeks to go. I do enjoy, as with any long rotation the end also sounds so good. It sounds like you had a nice time with your friend and her new beau. I'm sure she is happy that you approve. You never know how real estate will go...hopefully you will find the house of your dreams and all will fall into place this summer. Speaking of lawns, we may need to mow ours today...can you believe it. DS fertilized it before our last snow storm and it is the greenest lawn on the block.

Lori-You go girl!!! Nice job going out for your longest run to date even with the wind and the rain. You are amazing!!! I can't complain about my DH, he's always been the early riser and took care of the kiddo's...no issues at all. Obviously during the work week was different as he had to be to work earlier than I did. Hope DS had fun in the hot tub, cute image with him and his arm floats wanting in the hot tub!

Jacque-I'm not spending any money either. We will be paying for the registration and insurance on DS2's vehicle soon. I'm pretty sure DH will be discussing finances with DS2 and how he needs to take some financial responsibility for himself. I'm so over paying for my kids and feel as though I'm becoming very selfish. Hopefully your DH can find some PT work soon. We didn't get to watch the game the other night, baseball rules our life right now!:D

Laura-how was the w/o fundraiser??? I'm sure it was a success!

Jen-hope you pop in soon and let us know how you are doing.

PunkyJen-hope all is well with you and your family. I found the book I was telling you about and will email some recipes soon...I promise.

Have a great day ladies!!

Good morning girls !

Well last night turned out good good good. Had a nice visit with all the kids/gk's and then off the the game. It was a good one and we ended up winning in a shoot out. Whew ! ! !

Now if Chicago loses today then my hockey team will play Diana's hockey team in the first round of playoffs. Otherwise we play Nashville. We'll see how that turns out.

Ugly rainy weather we will have today - Plyo Legs is the plan as of now.

Lori - nice job on the long run y'day. ITA that 19 seems like an "only" after 26 ! :p Nice you had a good time last night - LOL at DS wanting to get in the hot tub. My daughter was so funny when she was young. I'd put the "wings" on her and add a life jacket and plop her in a donut - she would still drown herself under the water ! :eek: Really had to watch that child I did !

Wendy - good to hear BF found a goodie. How much longer is DH out of town? I loved it when the kids and I could do whatever we wanted when my XDH travelled. Was nice - no restrictions for any of us ! ;) Hope that you get in a good nap and feel better.

Diana - Woo Hoo Jerod & Team ! Sounds like they will be ontop this season, huh? A productive rest day is the best type of rest day in my book. That happens to me so often on the weekends cuz I don't like doing much during the week if I have worked and worked out. :rolleyes: I have definitely BTDT with the child visitation stuff. Did a quick lookup to see in Oregon & Colorado what they had to say about father's rights. Understandable you don't want to ruffle feathers but if the girls were born in Colo and then moved to Oregon he should have a leg to stand on as far as getting them for long vacations. That is quite common when distance is involved. I was not allowed to move more than 30 miles away. You can call me or PM me - I have a few ideas to get started.

You are not being selfish - you have raised the two older ones and they should be more dependent on themselves for sure ! You did not sign up for life - only to raise them to adulthood and then they need to take over ! Sometimes it takes "tough love". Most of them can do it but prefer not to if they don't get pushed. Why not take the easy road?

Enjoy the day !

Hey Girls.

Just waiting for dinner to finish cooking so we can eat so I figured I'd come by and post today's work out.

First of all it didn't happen until after 4pm cause I was draggin' azz all day long but I managed to push something out and that's what matters...I couldn't phathom Shaun's U/B today. Too intense for the way I was feeling so I opted for Upper Body Pyramid Pyramid Up Premix and Abs Rapido. It was more then enough for me. I was sweating like a pig and struggling through the whole thing but it's done now and I actually feel better for it! Tomorrow is a rest day according to my new rotation and I am going to stick with it even though I know I'll feel bad about it initially.

Gotta go...dinner's about ready.

BBITAM most likely!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.