Damage Control...Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

My lats have some major awesome DOMS goin' on in them! The kind that usually only comes from pull/chin ups and I didn't do any y'day! This is great! :D

Today's work out is High & Tight and a cardio of choice. Not sure if I will add weight to High & Tight today. The rotation says not to...perhaps I should listen!

We ended up going out to dinner last night with DH's cousin and his wife. We went to a nice local restaraunt that none of us had ever been to before. Pricey but incredible food! Service was also common of the finer dining places....you know...the 3 hour meal! I wasn't prepared for that but it was still very good and I would go back. I am not thrilled with the fact that we went the day after the wedding though. Serious damage control must go on for a few days now! :eek: The interesting thing about this place is that it's an old church that was renovated into a restaraunt. It was pretty cool but a little wierd at the same time...you know what I mean??

Well that's all for now...with my luck Lori has already jumped in front of me and we will end up with duplicate threads but I'll give a shot anyway.....:p

Diana:: How was Jerod's party? What movie did you take him and his friends to see? Nope, no spa day for me on Friday. I painted my toenails but that was out of neccessity b/c of the shoes I was wearing to the wedding. Wow, you lift really heavy! I have lost strength since doing so much endurance work. I don't really mind as long as I am challenging myself! Good for you that you have gotten so strong! That's fabulous!

Jacque:: If the measurements are down then pay absolutely no attn to that stupid scale of yours, girl! :D I don't normally have that kind of luck. Normally if the scale goes up on me that means the measurements go up too! :(

Lori:: Nice 8 miler!Funny about your eyelashes freezing b/c your eyes were tearing. I remember but do not miss the cold outdoor runs! BRRRRR! Congrats to DD's team for the bronze medal win! That's awesome!

Jen:: Come out come out wherever you are! Saw the pics of your house on FB this morning! It seems to be coming along nicely now! Have an ETA for moving in?? :) So are you doing a BBL rotation?

Good Morning!:)

I opted to not go out last night and b/c of it I feel WONDERFUL today:p I went to bed @ 11 and didn't get up until after 8! I can't remember the last time I had that much sleep. Certainly not within the past 2 weeks!

So today is our long run and when we get back from that I may do a full body workout, unless I do UB soon and when I get back do LB? As you can see I haven't really been doing STS this week.

I was the last one to check in last night...so once again...I don't have anything else to add! LOL

Wendy** Sounds like you had a great night last night. I enjoy going to restaurants like that every once in a while but it certainly can't be done all the time. To hard on the wallet!

Have a good Sunday everyone cause Monday is just around the corner!:)

Lori:)

I posted a pic of my dessert from last night on FB! Go check it out! :D

The only saving grace about last night's dinner was that I was the designated driver so I only had ONE drink! Saved me several hundred calories I figure!:p

Last edited:
Good morning ladies !

Well did the weightwork but not ready for the boxing when I was done - cleaned house a bit - started on the tree again and the rains came. duh ! Don't know why DH waits so long to get around sometimes ! or do I . . . :rolleyes: So never did cardio y'day - today is bi's and something that won't bother me too much. Sat at the computer most of the afternoon cuz I didn't want to clean floors - :eek: and just didn't make it any farther before dinner.

Today at noon is the USA vs Canada in Hockey ! ! ! YAYAYAYAYAY ! ! ! I figure whichever team wins will be fine since of course, I'm rooting for my country, but then one of the top lines on Canada's team 4 out of 5 are Sharks so kinda win win in my eyes ! I must fold clothes or purge bills while watching. Not gonna sit and just watch unless DS & GS's come down. Not sure if they are. Then we also have to finish the tree - supposed to be sunny today but it is cloudy right now ?

Wendy - sounds like a lovely meal you had. I enjoy those long ones too. Makes you feel special ! Plus you typically get many courses which is not much food for each one but get to taste different delicious things. Nice job on being DD and saving the cals for dessert ! I will have to check out FB since both you and Jen seem to have some good pics posted recently! My back end is sore from Legs and from the one legged deadlift y'day - I only used 15's for them but they got in there good. Reminds me I never ordered BBL. Is that one where you can order cheaper from a coach or best to order through the BB website?

Lori - nice run y'day. LOL'd at the eyelash thing too ! :p It would be my luck to have my eyelashes stick together since my eyes water even when it is sunny and warm outside ! Hope your long run today goes well and that the Hockey game is a good one. I am assuming you will be watching ? ? ? Nice that DD's team took the bronze !

Diana - Am curious to hear which movie you saw and if you liked it. Also how the party went with all those boys. What do they do at that age? We had one for DS2 when he turned 18 and the guys played Playstation while the girls kinda walked around. DH bbq'd DS's fave baby back ribs and that's what everyone got excited about ! ;) Boys and their food - the girls like it too though . . .:D

Jen - can't wait to take a look at your evolving house. I so remember watching the phases when my first house was built. Would love to do it again but land in CA is extremely costly. Was hoping I could get DH to move to Idaho someday but he of course dragged his feet and land up near my bro is not cheap now either. Perhaps someday . . . You feeling better? Get caught up at work?

Heya Laura if you happen to check in this weekend. Did the temps stay nice for you all weekend? Was DH in a better mood?

Off for now . . .

GO SHARKS ! ! ! :D

Hi ladies,

I've been up for a bit looking for a place to get Jerod's ps3. That's what he wants to buy with his birthday money. They appear to be out of stock at lot of stores right now.

Only one of Jerod's friends came over...since we had to reschedule, this weekend was a bday party for another friend so they were at that party instead. No worries though, we have a big family and his aunts, uncles and cousins were all here.

Went to my niece's playoff game last night, they won 58-30. The next round is the Sweet 16 and they play that game at home on Wednesday night. My niece wasn't even for a minute and had 2 fouls called on her. Poor thing, I thought she might foul out...but she didn't.

I'm stuffing my face with a protein pancake, first one ever (thanks for the recipe Jacque). I don't normally eat pancakes because they don't sit well with me, it's more like a rock in my belly. I also heated up 3/4C of frozen mixed berries to put on top. It's pretty good!

I should do B&B and cardio today. Although I normally do weights first, I'm going to do cardio first and then if I have the energy I'll do weights. It will be in a few hours though since I just ate.

Wendy-I'm joining you on the clean eats. I didn't eat too terrible yesterday, but did indulge in some ice cream and chips with con queso. I saw your dessert on FB, looked delicious!

Lori-congrats to DD v-ball team! What marathon training guide are you following? You have endless amounts of energy and I am jealous. When I was at the Cathe RT a couple years ago, they didn't recommend doing STS while training for a marathon because they have two very different emphasis. I would think meso 1 would be fine to do during marathon training, the emphasis on muscle endurance.

Jen-I checked out your house pics too. Looks amazing...I bet you're starting to get excited now huh??? It looks like you must have some propety too since I didn't see any other homes being built. A nice serene area I might add too.

Jacque-how are you feeling today? What's on your agenda today?

Laura-How are you spending your weekend?

bbl

Hey there girlies !

Feeling energetic for the moment . . . did bi's (sure hope after adding wt. and pushing myself I have DOMS tomorrow) and then MMA Boxing. Good workout, showered, veggie for a bit, Hockey game and tree branches are in store for me. I took out a london broil to make chili beans in the crock pot. Though we have sunshine finally, it will be chilly by the time dinner rolls around and my guess is, since DH is still piddling around and the Hockey game starts in 20 min that the tree will be put off until after the game. Late afternoon is when he typically "gets around" anyway after watching TV, searching for Hot Wheels online and playing poker. :confused:

Diana - sounds like y'day was a little more mellow for you without loads of boys over - probably a bit nicer with lots of family coming anyway. Think I may join you with the "pancakes" this week. I am up another lb. (that is 3 days in a row a lb. per day?) because I've been ravenous and eating too much PB ! Tossed in a couple of chocolates from VD and voila ! Will be drinking lots of H20 and trying to survive on fewer carbs (like potatos, bread & pasta). Even though my bread is Double Fiber, I think it is not working cuz I like PB on it ! :p Oatmeal will be better for me. Glad you like it with the berries - a very clean & healthy meal that, for me at least, lasts for hours until I am hungry again.

Got a Catheite going to SD on the same flight as mine - Beth (bitmover) so we may have another for the shuttle to the hotel. Seems like quite a few on the way back too - should be a good time.

Off to grab a bite to eat and dry my hair.

Enjoy the day ! ! !

Drillmax Cardio and BBL High & Tight is done! I opted to use the band in High & Tight but not the ankle weights. I figured easing into one torture device at a time would be enough and holy moly was I right! :eek::D

I am eating something now and then I'll shower and clean up the house a bit. Haven't done a darned thing all day prior to my work out and it's almost 3pm. I should be ashamed of myself! :eek:

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.