Damage Control...Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hello Girls. Happy Sunday. :D

I am soooooo sore! OMG! My butt is ON FIRE, ladies! Tony rocks! ;)

I think I will do upper body and cardio today so that I can do cardio only tmrw morning. Any work out suggestions for me today? They don't have to be short as I will have the time. Tmrw morning I'll be keeping it short though probably with Cathe's HiiT....

Gonna get this posted and then I'll come back with personals.

Ciao!

Jen:: Sorry about your brother. Your family is getting help for him? (((HUGS))) I can't make any judgement about the new job yet. I really didn't work much on thursday/friday. I will "really" start tmrw so ask me how I like it come wednesday or so! LOL We went out to Bonefish Grill last night. I had a Haddock special that was topped with a strange but yummy combo of artichokes and feta cheese. It was outstanding! I also had to "winter white" cosmos. They were also yummy and I left the restaraunt feeling no pain! :D

Diana:: Sorry I didn't do Plyo Max with you y'day. I whimped out! :p You did LL after PM!? Are you kidding me!? OMG you are brave! :eek: Doing Tony's Plyo Leg work out didn't seem as hard as it used to be but the upper body intervals probably played a part in that but by the same token, I sure am hurtin' b/c of it so it apparently is still VERY effective! :D I hear ya on the leg complaints. I keep complaining to Dh about my legs and he keeps rolling his eyes at me. He doesn't understand!:rolleyes:
Good for you workin' on taxes this early! DH wants to get our taxes done early this year...it probably won't happen though. He says that every year! LOL

Jacque:: What is ceviche??? You have a 7 minute commute to work right now? OMG, I would love that! Prior to my crappy gym job, the last time I worked then 30 mins from home was way back in the mid 90's. I worked for a messenger svc 1 town over so it only took about 15 to get there. Since then my commutes have gotten worse and worse. :eek:

Good Morning!:)

We didn't get home until 3 a.m but DS slept until after 9 so it wasn't to bad. Although I told DH I was sleeping in....of course that didn't happen. I don't feel to tired so as I was laying there I thought, " If I let him sleep in then when he gets up I can get my run in" hehe!

Yesterdays workout was 5 miles, double wave and disc 12. I wasn't in the mood to do double wave but I did it anyway. No DOMS from disc 12 though. This week will be circuits and cardio. We had some food last night and drinks and I feel so bloated today. I guess my body isn't use to eating late at night anymore, doesn't really agree with me.

Wendy** Good job with yesterdays workout. Im trying to figure out tomorrows workout b/c I have a flight @ 6:45 in the morning. So Im thinking I will enjoy my coffee at work, do my flight and then come home and start my day as per normal. Its so hard to figure out sometimes though. You will get your head wrapped around it all.

Jacque** Happy belated b-day!!!!! Sorry we missed it and how come we weren't invited to the par-ta?;)

Jen** How nice of you to check in with us!;) Sorry to hear that your brother has a lot on his plate. That must be tough for you and your family. We have never had any issues like that with any of our family members. Hopefully you can start checking in with us more now that you have caught up on your work.

Diana** So you enjoyed yesterdays date with ShaunT? There is still one workout that I haven't done and I believe its the hardest one. A couple of times I put in a dvd, thought it was the tough one, until I was half way through the warm up and realized that I had done it before. My sister as lost 10 lbs now but she said she gained some over christmas so I think she is probably only at her before christmas weight yet!

So todays workout will just be cardio and abs. I soooo missing running outside. I would love nothing more then to tie up my shoes and hit the pavement but thats not happening. We have a little bit of snow here and it is FREEZING outside...so TM it will have to be!

I will bbl to report!

Lori:)

Finished my work out a little while ago....Jackie Warner Power Circuit Upper Body only x 2 as heavy as I could go plus MMA: Kickboxing. Great combo! Definitely fried the upper body and gave my sore lower body a little cardio that will hopefully help to work out the kinks!

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

I finished my taxes and we are getting the largest refund we've ever had! I'm going to sit on them a few days and review them again. The refund jumped once I put in DS2's tuition. I want to make sure it is correct before I submit them.

My workout for today will probably be kickboxing, either Amy Bento's KBXtreme or KPC. I'm also considering lowmax but right now am still leaning towards KB.

DS1 and DS2 both need jeans so we will be heading to Kohls later today. I was just there a couple days ago and bought some new shoes, 2 w/o capris and w/o top. I meant to pick up a watch but forgot...so I'll be getting one today.

I called to register for the Spring Fitness Challenge...(like bootcamp but indoors) and I'm number 4 on the wait list. I'm so mad. Normally I register in Dec. at the end of the Holiday Meltdown but with xmas and the expense of the girls coming out I didn't have the money. I'm going to email my trainer and see if she can get me in the class. The class starts in 2 weeks.

Wendy-Men just don't get it! Nice job with Plyo Legs....I should probably be adding Cathe's plyo leg w/o's in also....so many workouts...so little time.;) Enjoy your w/o, whatever mish mosh you come up with!

Lori-Our temps are nice right now, mid 40's. I couldn't tell you which Insanity is the hardest. The warmups are so similar its hard to tell. Don't you write down what w/o you did every day? I printed off blank Calendar pages from Word and write down my w/o everyday along with Cals burned, avg hr and max hr.

Morning Jacque, Jen and Laura!

Good morning ladies !

Well ended up with just a quickie dinner last night since DH didn't even hop in the shower until 5 PM ! The game started at 7:30 and we have a 35 min drive. Oh well. Getting a late start this AM again (the last couple weeks without work and cleaning up I have been so slow getting started on the weekends ! though I did clean the kitchen a bit already). I keep falling back to sleep ! :rolleyes:

Today will be back/tri's and some sort of cardio. Kinda itching to run and the legs aren't too sore even though I upped some of the weights from last week. MMA kickbox is on the schedule . . . yes so many workouts . . . :p

Wendy - sounds like your weekend warrior workouts were good ones ! Yes I am very spoiled for our area as most people commute at least 30 minutes that live here if they want to make any type of $ at all. Our town doesn't have many large businesses - my company came here because it started in Silicon Valley and the owner moved to a quaint ranch town another 20 min from ours so it worked well for him. Now we have grown so much and started manufacturing near the "salad bowl" of the country to save on trucking and that town in 30+ min the other direction. So truth be told, I'd be commuting one direction or the other. My experience isn't really good enough to compete too much in Silicon Valley so we'll see how things go. Ceviche is a fresh fish type of a salsa typically made with uncooked fish chunks, tomatos, onions and sometimes other added veggies and is marinated in a lime/oil/seasoning. The lime "cooks" the fish. It is typically served with soda crackers or tortillas but we use tortilla chips. Yum ! Sounds like you had a very nice celebratory dinner ! What is a winter white cosmo?

Lori - no 'parta'ing for this ol' gal these days. I've had way too many ! :p So you've finished Meso 1 and are doing circuit/cardio for the rest week? That's what I'm thinking too.

Diana - Woo Hoo on the large tax refund ! I didn't have enough "business expenses" for the classes I took so it didn't change mine at all. :( I can't believe you did Shaun & LL yesterday. Good for you ! Have fun shopping !

Off to get my workout done - BBL to see if any of you have returned.

Hi Girls,

I must've really wanted to do KB'ing today. I did Kickbox Xtreme and then did Absolute Kickboxing. It was 2 1/2 hours and burned 1288 cals. The abs section and stretch of AK is awesome. I had forgotten that.

Jacque-My triceps are always burning for a couple days after B&T. You must need the sleep so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I renewed my membership at the rec ctr near work and should be able to make it over about 3 times per week. Enjoy your workout...and run if you can fit it in your schedule.

Off to shower, grocery shop and hit kohls!

bbl

Good evening girls!

Popping in while I wait for DSO's lasagna to finish cooking. OMG, it smells sooooooo good. I think I'll never make lasagna again! It's his job now.

I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred levels 2&3 this morning for a nice little kick butt workout.

Wendy: Gotta know what a winter white cosmo is! Sounds so good. Thanks for the hugs re: my bro. Yes, we're helping him get back on track and fortunately he's responding quickly to the antidepressants. I had a chat with his this morning and he sounds a thousand times better than he did at the beginning of the week. I was thinking out pulling out Jackie's Power Circuit tomorrow because I haven't tried that one yet. Do you like that better than her One on One?

Lori: I deserve your razzing for sure! When I'm stressed I get easily distracted from posting. I think the stress levels are going to be better going forward now. I've been wondering if you've been able to do any outdoor running lately. I'm feeling the itch lately to get back out there but it's really just too dangerous with the snow and ice. Spring can't get here fast enough!

Diana: I was out shopping for jeans for the kids today, too! American Eagle was having a great sale and I had a 40% coupon. It was crazy...I got 4 pair of jeans and three tops for $62.00. Great workout for you today!

Jacque: I was intrigued by the ceviche until you said raw fish chunks! LOL. I can't do sushi either. Happy belated birthday to you! How'd you sneak that by us? I'm like you lately with the late morning weekend starts, but I'm not about to apologize for it. I'm up early all week long and lately my Saturdays have been devoted to resting and relaxing. When warmer temps get here that will likely change, but not until then!

Gotta go check my veggies that are roasting. Will see you all in the morning!

Jen

Hey Girls

I am trying to check in but DS is being a real pain in my backside. He keeps hitting me with stuff and God forbid he should stay on his time out chair. That ain't happening either!:mad:

Todays workout was pilates abs and 7.5 miles on the TM, which took me 63 mins to do.

Diana** I just started writing down my workouts this year. I use to do it years ago but gave it up. I often forget to write it in now. That was one crazy workout you did today. Are you trying to show me up or something??;) Awesome news regarding your tax return.

Jacque** Sounds like you had another nice saturday evening with DH. I don't think I will have any trouble sleeping tonight! My SIL wanted to know if we wanted to have drinks tonight. Im thinking "seriously" Thanks but no thanks!

Jen** I don't know if I have ever made lasagna but one thing is for sure....food is always better when someone else makes it! I made dinner while everyone else sat down...must be nice! welll....kinda like what your doing! hehe!

Wendy** Good job with your workout! How was dinner last night!?

I will bb in the a.m!
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.