Damage Control on a Snowy Friday TGIF!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

Slow day on the thread y'day. We dropped off to page 2 early!

Today is some kind of cardio and BUM BUM. I am not nearly as sore as I was y'day so BUM BUM shouldn't kill me this morning. Not sure what cardio I want to do. I am torn between some of IMAX 2, some of CCC or an HiiT work out! Decisions! :p

So we are in the midst of a 2 day snow storm here! FUN! It started snowing at about 7am yesterday morning and isn't supposed to stop until tonight. Oh joy! I am not sure it will be bad enough for them to close the bank today like they did last time so I'll probably have to find my way in to work this morning but atleast DS is tucked safely away at my MIL's so I don't have to worry about dropping him off at my mom's first.

We are supposed to be going to a wedding tonight! I wonder if the hall will post pone it for the weather??

Off I got to sweat my BUM BUM off! LOL

BBL!

Good Morning!:)

I can't believe I wasn't back here yesterday. I thought forsure I returned and reported my workout, maybe I didn't. I think I am losing my mind!;) Yesterdays workout was 5 miles and 3 seg of HST. It felt nice! Taking a rest day was a very wise choice and I will be having more of them in the up coming future.

I think for todays workout my running partner and I will run outside, not to long, maybe 10 kms. But Sun's long run will be 10 miles, which isn't to bad.

Wendy** Snow again? Geexz! I bet you got more snow then us! We have been having awesome weather this week, its almost like spring.

SO I was gonna catch up on presonals but I have to make DD"s breakfast! I will bb shortly to finish what I started!

Lori:)

Just popping back in quickly to say my work out is done.

BC w/u
BC cardio only
KM challenge (8 out of 10 for time)
BBL BUM BUM

and all I can say is WOW! I am wiped out! Next time I need to do BUM BUM first though. Doing intense cardio first was not a good idea for me. There is a lot of balance required in BUM BUM. My balance is mediocre at best to begin with. Being tired from tough cardio made it even worse! :rolleyes:

Lori:: Yes we know all about the nice weather you all are having up there. Don't rub it in okay!? :p

Waiting to see if I get a call saying no work today but I'm not counting on it. Gotta get ready to go in the mean time.....

BBL!

Okay, well I was just out of the shower looking for clothes when my job called. They are closed! :D 5 mins prior to that though my DH scared the crap outta me by coming back home unannounced. He left his morning to go to work in a 4 wheel drive vehicle and said it's just flippin' awful out there so he turned around and came back home. He told me I wasn't going in at all and then 5 mins later I got the call so I didn't have to call out. NICE right? :)

I guess I'll do some housework today and I gotta order more k-kups for my Keurig. I'm running dangerously low on my flavored coffee stash! :eek: If I get bored and antsy b/c DH is doing all of the shoveling then maybe I'll do another work out too! :D

Okay, my coffee is brewed...gotta grab it b4 it gets cold! I'll be back!

O.k so I am finally back. I have almost everything done here! LOL Beds are made, floors swept, vacummed....yada, yada...I am very get up and go in the a.m. Get it done and out of the way!

I am debating going for a run outside or doing it now and getting it over with. I was gonna run with my running partner but that means I would also have to take DS with me. That could be alot to push when he has his snow suit on! Plus it is cold out so I am thinking about telling my running partner to go on and Im gonna get my workout out of the way.

Wendy** Sounds like you are gonna have an awesome day! No work and no kid! LOL You may miss him though and have to go pick him up! Hopefully the wedding won't be cancelled!

Laura** Glad to hear you like you new do! I usually do mine myself b/c I can't sit still that long and I usually don't like making apts! I can never stick with them!

Diana** Wow...months without a tv? Thats a loooong time! We are debating letting her go to a v-ball tournament this weekend. We would be going with her so she wouldn't have quit as much fun! I plan on doing weights while I train, just not sure if I can stick to STS and the rotation!:confused: I am still trying to figure out how I will get my long runs in when I work a 5 day week!

Jacque** Don't get me started on bills!!! DH wanted to take over paying the bills, Im not sure why....I did it just fine. Maybe he wanted to think he was the man of the house or something:confused: Anyway, I open the phone bill yesterday and it is outrageous! Im not sure when he paid it last! He does NOT have the time to do this so I demoted hium yesterday! He lost the right to pay the bills! LOL

I may bbl to report my workout! It could get busy real quick around here if we decide to go on a RT!

TGIF Ladies!

This morning is disc 16, CST, starting week 2 over again today. I plan on doing CST today, Legs tomorrow, and if possible I will get in B&B on Sunday. Then I will have a couple days of just cardio and then start week 3 on Wednesday.

Jerod had his yearly physical yesterday, he is 5'8 and weighs 176 at 14 yrs old. His expected height is 6'2-6'4. He will be the tallest of all the boys. Zach is 5"11, Cody is 6' and DH is 6'2.

Wendy-I saw the terrible weather hitting the east coast again. Is this normal winter weather for you? We had snow again yesterday, but the roads are just wet this morning and I'm sure icy in spots. The temps are supposed to be in the mid 40's so a lot of it will melt. Nice workout....stay home and enjoy your nice relaxing day. Maybe you should have home spa day for yourself. I'm thinking a hot bubble bath, conditioning your hair with warm olive oil, face mask, mani/pedi, the whole 9 yards. BTW, did you see the 12-20# xvest is on sale til the 28th. I reallly want to buy it, am trying to refrain, but it's cheaper than a weight bench and I can't go heavier without one. I do use my 10# vest.

Lori-We did a nice circuit in bootcamp class last night...you would've liked it. We ran on track for 10 min, two sets of hurdles, walking band work (firwalkers), pushups, situps, repeat but only running 2 laps until just about the end of class, finish with some tough ab work. I pay the bills in our house too. I pretty much have them all set up electronically so it's no big deal.

Laura-glad you like your new 'do. At some point I will have to start coloring my hair, but I'm holding out for now. I think our trainer will be emailing us the workouts each week...I will send them on to you. Of course we don't get them until after the week is finished...she doesn't want to scare us of. Nice workouts yesterday.

Jacque-one body part per day is perfect. If I don't get my but downstairs I will be doing triceps tonight or tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to the roadtrip! I've met Wendy in person, and several other Catheites at the Road Trip 2 years ago. It's just nice to meet people who enjoy doing the same things.

Jen-hope you kicked that cold to the curb. It's almost the weekend so you can sleep in:D.

bbl

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES ! ! !

Was all dressed and ready for my Legs last night (after shopping) but the back was too tight. Last week it was painful doing lunges with a pain in the lower back so thought I'd warm it up with the heating pad. After 20 min I still couldn't stretch it out or do a lunge which is most of the workout so scrapped it for the evening. Tired this AM so nothing done for me on the w/o front since Wed. PM. Plan will be to stretch and get off my chair more while working today and see if that will help. May be finishing my weight work for the week all on the weekend? :confused:

Wendy - not sure if I'd rather have the snow and not work or the sunshine we had y'day and go to work? :cool: We're supposed to get hit with a heavy rain storm today and tomorrow - we'll see how bad it turns out. I got plenty to do inside the house anyway - hate cleaning these days ! Nice job on the w/o this AM. LOL that you did your cardio first . . . never works for me either.

Lori - you working today? Doesn't sound like it. Have a nice run - you going outside or hitting the TM? My DH has a hard enough time just getting his car registration paid - he'd do fine with the bills but he is quite slow.

Diana - well Jerod sure is gonna be a big guys it sounds like. My boys are tall, 6'1 & 6'3 but the are both skinny rails. Well actually DS2 seems to be gaining a little more around the middle - DS1 may weight 140 - 150 dripping wet and he is the taller of the 2. Their dad is 5'8" and I'm 5'5" - think the height came from my mom's side where my uncles were tall and thin. Sounds like we will be doing wk 3 at the same time. I may just finish up Meso 2 - once through each week and then hit some heavier cardio. STS has helped me inch wise so that is good, but I want to burn a little more fluff here soon. The SC is helping me more than my lack of cardio the last go round with STS. If you don't mind - can you tack me onto the email for Laura with the BC workouts? I'd love to see what they look like. TIA ! ;)

Laura - good to hear the new dooo came out nice. I have been going in every 4 months for some 'lite' highlights. I have a hard time with 3 hours for a hair appt. too ! I go to an old neighbor from way back - our boys are 5 weeks apart and we followed their family down to the city we live in currently. So at least I enjoy catching up on all the latest that our families are doing. LOL about what you plan for your classes - I remember an old instructor I used to go to - she'd make us work harder cuz she ate a bowl of ice cream the night before or something similar to that. Fine with me though cuz I like hard workouts.

Jen - how's the weather where you are? Snowed in so you can rest at home?

Time to skeedaddle off to work. Good it is a jeans day ! :p

OMG....what a beautiful morning! Just before I went to call my friend, I checked the mail and thats when I realized how nice it was outside! We only intended to go for a short run but I ended up running almost 10 miles. Im not sure what my friend did because we met and then went our seperate ways to get home. We werent running real fast either which was nice because its been a while since I pushed a stroller. HRM said I burned almost 1000 cals:D

Diana** That does sound like a good circuit!! All of our bills are set up on line so its only a matter of going to our bank acct and paying the bills. Thats why I dont get why he cant manage to do that? Every night we are sitting around, not as if it takes a whole lot of time to pay bills!:confused: Man..those are some big kids! Im guessing your DH is tall?

Jacque** Oh my....making you are doing my rest days!;):D Does your back get bad every often? Nope, not working this weekend! So happpppy about that! My boss wasnt to bad the last 2 days, mainly because he knes the new owners were busy with something else and he wouldnt be hearing from them.

I may bbl tonight!

Hey Ladies ..

BEAUFITUL day today .. LOADS of sunshine .. aahhhhhhh .. wonderful .. now if the temps would cooperate I would be in heaven .. it is still around 40 and the wind is HOWLING .. so it is freezing out .. but still good to see the sunshine! :D our boss let us go home early ysdty :eek: so I asked SIL to fill in 4 me and teach class ... I went home and it was so pretty decided to take dogs on long hike/walk .. well .. about 40 minutes in .. we went by the pond .. and Big Baby BUSTER decided he wanted to get "cooled off" .. I saw his eyes looking .. and I tightened his lead .. well Toots was on other side of me .. he took off like a bulldozier draggin me and Toots behind him .. I was sliding w/feet digging in ground yelling at him .. but OH NO .. he MEANT he was gonna get in the pond :mad: and he drug me in Toots in w/him :mad: well I got RIGHT to the edge and had on boots thanks goodness .. but needless to say the hike was over with .. after a very harsh reprimand to which he could have cared less about we went back to the house and I threw his wet nasty butt in the back yard .. UGH ... it was comical now that I think about it .. but DANG .. at least I got a good workout in .. cardio and STRENGTH .. LOL!!! although obviously Buster has MORE strength than me :confused: he kissed @$$ the rest of the night acting soooooo sweeet and innocent .. big kiss @$$ dog!!! :p

ANYWHO ... TGIF Ladies!!

Lori - congrats on Canadian womens hockey .. I think it is BS that the committe is giving them greif for extra CELEBRATING by smoking stogies and drinking Canadian champagne .. COME ON NOW .. they deserved it!!!

Wendy .. saw that you are getting pounded again .. and THANK YOU VERY MUCH you little ENABLER .. :eek: .. k .. so gotta cave and buy BUMBUM :mad: you and your stories of DOMS and sweat and suffering .. you know I gotta get them now :mad:

Di .. wow your little boy is gonna be a big boy!!!! Bet he has a healthy appetite huh?? Thanks for sending the w.o .. yes .. just forward them on to me I am a glutton for punishment!! :p

Jacque .. hope the back is better .. mine is FINALLY getting better!! Maybe some yoga will help a bit .. EASY yoga .. not torture yoga .. sometimes the hard yoga hurts my back more than it helps it

Hello to Jen ..

OK .. I am late for lunch .. gotta run .. I will BBL to report in and see what everyone is up to .. DH is off .. DATE NIGHT tonight .. movie - steaks - and FUN ;) ;) ;)

Not too much to report but home at lunch here but trying to keep us from hitting page 2 ! :eek: :rolleyes:

Lori - nice you had a great run in the sunshine. I've really been enjoying the bits and pieces we have had lately. Hope it is a bit more consistent soon and eventually it will be light long enough after I get off work to take any running outdoors. My back pain kinda migrated from when I was having problems the end of last year. Pretty much due to too much deskwork. Y'day I didn't get up much and was plowing through my paperwork so think that aggravated it. UBack is bugging me a bit today. I may need to go to PT again but really don't want to spend the time or $. :confused:

Laura - Wowsers what a bummer with the bowsers ! :eek: One reason I made sure to try to train my big dogs - those buggers really can take over if they want to. Training or no training - LOL he knew better afterwards. Glad you can giggle about it now . . . :p Thanks for the yoga suggestion . . . problem is the paid comes when I try to straighten out or tuck under. I have pretty much been trying to stretch for weeks - taking long baths and just hanging bent at the waist but I think it is just deeper than I can really stretch. Will pull out the foam roller and tennis ball and see if I can "dig" in there to massage ? I thought it was going away until y'day - was feeling pretty good. Must be work related and sometimes sitting at home in front of the computer? :(

Off to stuff the face !

Hi ladies,

I managed CST this morning and my arms are so sore already. They were sore when I finished and just haven't felt any better yet. I've been so hungry the last couple of days. Surprisingly, the scale was kind to me...I don't know how though. I'm trying to eat clean, but have had some serious carb cravings that I've been satisfying with toasted sandwich thins and pbj. It's probably due to the heavier and more frequent weight training.

Ran to Costco at lunch so I could use my coupons before they expired! The weather is beautiful, sunny and close to 50! A far cry from the snow we got last night.

I have a busy evening ahead of me, going grocery shopping, making another birthday cake, brownies, frosting etc. The kids were asked to clean the house today...hopefully they did. If I get everything done tonight, I will have plenty of time for laundry and working out tomorrow morning.

Jacque-sorry your back is giving you fits and putting a damper on your STS rotation. Maybe you could just do lowmax or kpc, cardio but with lower body emphasis. The cardio might be enough to work the stiffness out of your back. I would be glad to share my bootcamp torture with you!

Lori-nice job getting in 10 miles when you weren't even planning on it! Yep, my DH is 6'2", pretty tall to my 5'5".

Laura-I gotta a good laugh outta your story...just imagining you stopping at the last possible moment....luckily you can laugh about now too! I'm quite sure it wasn't fun or funny at the time! Enjoy your date night!

bbl

OMG girls .. . 5:00 is NEEEEEVVVEEEERRRRRRR gonna get here .. wwwaaahhhhhhhhhhh :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: GEESH .. I feel like the last 30 minutes has been about 3 hours .. :confused: :mad: UGH .. I HATE that!!!!

Jacque .. yup I trained my big babies well .. he usually minds .. BUT . . I have not taken them for a long walk this winter b/c it has been so muddy wet and nasty .. so he hadnt been in a while .. and I gues he MEANT he was gonna cool off one way or another .. he LOVES the pond .. in the summer I throw the balls and sticks out there and they swim .. so he thinks of the pond as his PLAY pool ... but BATHMAX was NOT in the schedule yesterday :confused: .. but his kissing up afterwards did make me LOL :eek: :p just LIKE A MAN .. MESS up and then spend the rest of the time KISSING up to get out of it :p :p :p (think DH has been teaching a few of HIS tricks :p)

OK .. IF the freaking clock would move I would be feeling much better .. I am going bonkers .. gotta get up and move or I am gonna loose it .. TWENTY more mintues and I am OUTTA here and let the DATE NIGHT games begin ;) :p

Hey Girls!:)

We took DD to her tournament and what a treat it was!:confused: The team is good but they dont try and the coach needs to tear a strip off of them. One girl stands with her arms folded half of the time and then they get all sappy when they lose? DD came home and went straight to bed!! DS wasnt to bad but he wanted to keep going to the washroom and they were filthy! He is at the going to the washroom is fun stage. Then we went to the cafeteria and they were selling cupcakes!!! With tons of icing! Bought one, went back to the gym, sat down and dropped it on a ladies shoe!:eek: Blue icing everywhere. So DS and I go off again to get another cupcake, this time a red one...of course I had some of it and I dont find out until we are at Mcds that I have red icing on my face! Surprisingly Mcds is pretty quiet, I asked DH to get me a fajita meal but because he doesnt see it on the menu (which it was there) he doesnt ask for it. Says he never heard of it before so he orders me something else...something I dont want! Dummie! What is it with men anyway?

Laura** Sounds like you were having one of my days today! I thought that Wed was never gonna end! I use to be able to pass time by getting on the computer but my boss doesnt stray to far these days so its hard to even play on the computer! Hope you have a good weekend!

Jaqcue** I bet your back wouldnt be bad if you were peeling pineapples! LOL Desk jobs will do the trick. What are your plans for this weekend?

Diana** I havent found a difference in my appetite yet. Im guessing I will be eating tons of good carbs over the next little while. Are you having Jerods party this weekend?

I will bb in the a.m! We have to leave again tomorrow morning @ 10ish. I am hoping to get a run in before I leave.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.