DaMaGe CoNtRoL SATURDAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

We played board games last night with another couple and I didn't get to bed until 1:30! Needless to say, I turned the alarm off when it went off at 7....which is not that early and I didn't haul me a$$ out of bed until 8:20! I am suppose to play cards at my SIL's house tonight and that will mean another late night.:(

Now I am debating working out. I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands but I may be able to get an hour of something in....and that's better then an hour of nothing,right?:p

Hoping for a quiet weekend at work b/c I really need to get some studying done. Now that my sister is going back,kids are in school and a routine is starting to be put in place...I need to buckle down!

I will bbl!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

We will be heading to DS's football game this morning. Thankfully the game is in the morning and we will be outta there before it gets too hot. After the game we are taking MIL to lunch to celebrate her bday.

Unfortunately, our hotel night planned for tonight is going to be next Saturday night instead. We have a gift certificate for the hotel and they are booked this weekend with the Great American Beer Fest. DH usually goes to the GABF, but opted out this year since it was during our anniversary.:)

I'm really struggling with one of my coworkers who does not want to take on her newly assigned responsibilities but would prefer I do it instead. Our boss told me he would address this issue with her. Basically I'm left covering the work of our previous group, but the new group isn't kicking in yet. This is totally unfair to me and I expressed this quite loudly to our boss.

Not sure when I will fit a workout in today. Hopefully I can plan out something later.

Lori-congrats on the raise!!! I'm not sure how your pay works, but for us salaried folks that an additional $3120/yr.

Jacque-pop in if you have a chance. I know the dg's are with you this weekend. Enjoy them tons!:) I'm sure the 16 mos old will start walking when he is ready!

Wendy-Have fun lady....and win!!!

Laura-glad you are feeling better.

bbl

Diana** I am not sure how much more I will make a year but with the paid holidays and the OT, I should do o.k. It will probably be more like $5000/yr. He said we would see it on our next pay check. We fill in our pay sheets tomorrow and everyone gets paid on Thurs. I wouldn't think he would give us a raise for the last 2 weeks we have worked. I would think it would be the next pay period. Im suprised its not until Jan or something like that.
To bad you had to reschedule your supper but atleast you have something to look forward to next week. I am trying to get some studying done here but my eyes are having trouble staying open. I have always had this issue, even in high school.

My workout ended up being 3.5 miles on the TM (30 mins) and 1/2 of disc 35 plyo legs. I am thinking over the next 4 weeks before the marathon I will do plyo legs 2 x's, 2 hilly/intervals runs on the TM, 2 normal runs and 1 long run a week. I feel as if my training hasn't been that great. And of course the week prior to the marathon I will cut back some but I need to make these legs stronger and get my endurance up over the next couple of weeks. Maybe I could even squeeze 2 shorter hilly/interval runs in on my days off?

I may bbl! I have a feeling its gonna be a quiet one!

Lori:)

Hiya ladies !

Was just about ready to start my post when the little guy woke up this AM. Good timing though as we just made it out the door on time for DH's Hot Wheels raffle a Kmart. Went well with the GS's. They love going in the car. Little one was whining cuz I didn't start putting his jacket on first. I said "you want to go for a ride?" and he starts bouncing up and down with his UB. At this point he does a major upper body yes or no rather than speaking. He does take phones, hold them to his ear and say "ello?" with a little jabber after that. Funny. They are behaving superbly - not difficult at all.

Thinking I might get a workout in tomorrow evening as long as the kids get picked up early enough. Didn't bother asking when they'd be back - I'll let them take their time since they aren't 'childless' very often. I have offered, they just don't take me up on it too much. Perhaps I need to start scheduling it for them. DS1 works 60-70 hours a week (Pet Smart store manager) and DIL stays home. I remember the days with a traveling sales DH and he wanted to stay home while I wanted to get out. Tough situation and I keep telling DS1 he needs to try to find a balance.

Lori - busy busy busy little bee you have been. Keeping up with your workouts though - great job. Sounds like a great plan for the next 4 weeks. I use Plyo Legs as a great LB toner - works super to build my legs. Very challenging also. So 1 hour is an OK workout for you, huh? That is my standard when I'm on track. How long do you usually go? Get any studying in this weekend yet? Nice on the raise. I'd look at it more as a % unless you have had tons of hgher responsiblities to your plate. And ITA that you may not really know your co-workers rate . . . but if she doesn't have seniority and has lesser responsibilities then you have a point. I still think $1.50/hour is great though. Especially if it nets you $5K with OT. Sometimes I really wish I got paid OT - many with lesser responsibilities end up making more than I do because they are non-exempt hourly employees. (Bet Diana agrees too!;))

Diana - Sorry your plans got put off - GABF sounds fun though ! Would be a great vaca to Denver one of these days ! Can't wait for DH and I to get settled in our jobs so we can go running around again. How did Jerod's game go? I'll probably go check out FB in a few while the little one is napping. Good for you airing your issues with co-worker - why is it that she won't take ownership of her new responsibilities? Sounds like the transition from old group to new group is not quite the way it should be working. We are having that problem too as our move is a little delayed and one site had Customer Service 'falling apart' a bit for numerous reasons. We have now started transitioning in sections rather than all at once. Good news is that we will be inheriting the Business park's previous corporate offices so they are much nicer than was planned - 1/3 additional space too! Heard I get a nice sized office . . . sure hope so ! :D

Off to play on the internet a bit. . . enjoy the day.

Hi Ladies,

Woo Hoo, Jerod's team won 27-0. Guess my FB post really helped.:D

MIL came over after Jerods game and we all went out to lunch. It was very nice to have DS1 with us as he is usually working when we go out to dinner. Since we planned a lunch he was able to make it.

Tomorrow, we are heading to MIL's in the afternoon to help her clean up her basement. She can't handle the stairs very well anymore and is having knee replacement surgery at the end of the month. She wants the basement done before then. She actually asked us to for help cleaning the basement for her birthday. Not sure if she is 70 or 71, but she is in reasonably good health and loves to travel. She's hoping the knee replacement goes well and she can get around a lot better.

Lori-did I read that correctly, you want to work your legs 7 day's per week for the next 4 weeks leading up to the mary? Don't forget to take those rest days young lady. Your body needs time to recover a bit, i'm sure you've read or will be reading all about that. Oh, I forget about OT since I haven't rec'd that for more than 15 or so years.

Jacque-Glad you could pop in even with the GS's nearby. I find I'm much more patient with the grandkids and they are not nearly as stressful as my own kids. Many of our manufacturing employees make more than me due to OT. Our plants run 24/7 and they work 12hr shifts so I understand. Our hourly folks have another benefit I wish we did, they can sell back their vacation for cash. I can carry over some of my vacation, but I can't sell it back for money. I've emailed my boss a couple of times regarding this coworker who will not play nice. He knows I'm pissed and said he will address it. I guess until then I'm stuck with tier 2 support by myself. A task I told him I no longer wanted to do and felt it was time to pass the duties to some other folks on the team.

bbl or tomorrow

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.