DaMaGe CoNtRoL SATURDAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Quiet night here last night. DH and I just sat around. He watched the hockey game while I took my nails off and put more on!:p I did a better job last friday when I was under pressure to get them on. Last night I figured I would take my sweet time but it wasn't going very well. Anyway....they are on now and it was worth it. I may have a new hobby;) I have a feeling that tonight will be another quiet night b/c I have a flight tomorrow morning at 6:50....so I have a early rise. I was even dreaming about invoices last night!:confused: Not really what I want to be dreaming about.

I have a little bit of DOMS from yesterdays workout. I may do the same kind of workout today and finish up that disc. I am hoping to get my long run in tomorrow but the weather isn't suppose to be nice for the next week! If I go to work tomorrow morning early, and stay there...I may leave early and get my run in. Its only 19k so it isn't that long and if I miss it, then its not a real big deal.

I checked in late last night so I don't have much else to add. DH is looking at trips down south now...now that I have given up. Whats wrong with men anyway? I would really like to take the kids with me....thats when I would be super excited! But he doesn't want to, says we need a break, which I am sure we do but when you leave you kids in someone elses hands, you kind of go away with a heavy heart. DS's is constintly calling my name and looking for me, so can you imagine if I were gone for a week! Not only that, there are no flights leaving out of here now, they are all sold out. Which means we would have to leave from the city....that would tack on another day or two. Anyway....I kinda don't want to go without kids and I don't really want to pay over $3 G's for us all to go either.

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Lori and all who follow.

I forced myself to stay in bed until 7am today but I wasn't really sleeping at all past 6 or 6:30. In return for staying in bed late, when I got up I was "attacked" by both child and dog and their "needs". I am not good with that until I have had a chance to atleast pee and get my coffee brewing so it immediately set me into a not so great mood. Now I know it's not worth it to try and sleep in unless I am truly sleeping. Much better to get up to a quieter house and get myself "awake" before having to deal with everyone else. It's just how I operate. I went to bed before 9:30 last night so getting up at 6 would have been fine! Lesson learned! :rolleyes:

Well, my quads still feel like someone stuck razor blades in them so no Tonique for me today! I think I will, however, do all of the bandwork (standing and floor) from High and Tight as it focuses on inner and outer thighs and it's my quads only that are killing me! I will also find some ab work to do and I think I will do MMA: Boxing w/weighted gloves (EXLUDING the leg drills!:eek:) for cardio. :)

So what's up with everyone for the weekend? Last night we went out to Applebee's for dinner. I was bad! I had a Philly Burger which is basically a cheesesteak but they used a burger instead of steak in it. OMG it was fantastic! I did NOT touch a single fry though! So I somewhat behaved...BUT I had 2 Corona Lights instead. :p
Later this afternoon we are dropping Joey off at my MIL's as we have a surprise birthday party to go to (all adults). He will sleep there and we'll pick him up tmrw afternoon. Prior to that I have a ton of cleaning to do and my work out ofcourse.
Nothing's on tap for tmrw before we pick up DS. Not sure what we'll do.

Lori:: Sorry work is such a crazy mess for you right now but that tends to happen when companies merge or get taken over. You are lucky to have your job. I have been in banking for many years now. I am working at my 3rd bank. The first 2 merged with (but were basically taken over by) a larger bank and most of the employees from the banks I worked at lost their jobs. I would have been included but in both cases I jumped ship before it actually happened. At the first place my supervisor's boss resigned and got a new job when he found out what was going on and ended up calling me to find out if I wanted to come work for him which I did. Then at that job (the 2nd place) my resignation went into effect at the end of my maternity leave and everyone got the boot a short time after that.

I posted personals late y'day afternoon so if you haven't seen it, go check em out.

Okay, my book is complete. Time for more coffee!:D

Last edited:
Well no work out yet but I got lots of cleaning out of the way! Just ate a snack so I'll be working out in just a bit. Gotta give the boy a bath first though!

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

Left work early last night to get to DS's baseball game. My MIL came with us and we had a great time. The game was tied so they let the kids play an extra inning where we ended up losing. It's only our second loss and it the toughest competition for our kids so far. It was a very good game.

Afterwards, my MIL took us out to dinner, except for DH who had to get home as he had friends coming over for the Hockey game. Well that was an exciting game also. The AVS were ahead by one but then the Sharks scored in the last minute of the game tying it up. Well the AVS ended up losing in OT but it was a great game none the less.

Later today we will be off to another baseball game. On tap for today is C&B but it may not get done until this afternoon. They are so long and I don't want to rush to get ready and have DH telling me to hurry up etc.

A co-worker and I did DWP yesterday. I thought she did okay for someone who doesn't work out. She did her best and I told her she did great. I'm thinking 4DS Bootcamp/Kickbox might be another one she could try. Even the original bootcamp might work too. I sent her home with one of the Plyo Leg discs and will find out on Monday if she likes it or not.

Lori-hopefully you and DH can find a vacation that will work for both of you. Any vacation $$ we have will be spent getting Amanda and the girls here...but it is so worth it to me!!! I hope the weather cooperates for your run today!

Wendy-We went out to dinner at Old Chicago and I did pretty good. I had a grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies and a small piece of garlic bread. I did steal a few fries from DS though and they were delicious! I'm going to look into Tonique and see what that's about. LB is where I need the most work. Oh, I also heard that Chalene is coming out with a new w/o. I'll post the details when I come across them again.

Jacque-You must be sleeping in if you were at the game last night. What an exciting game it must've been!! I was at dinner with MIL and kids but did see most of the third period, but decided to go to bed when it went into OT, at 11:30 my time. I only have 3 STS discs to go to finish up this rotation...and I'm doing them, hope to be done by Tues or Wed this week. Will figure something else out during my rest week.

Laura-hope you are enjoying your weekend. I can honestly say my body has been in more pain this week with all the heavy lifting in this series! I call it a reminder of how hard I'm working!

BBL

My work out is finally done!

MMA: Boxing---warm up, u/b drills x 2 with weighted gloves.
Xtrain K/B---u/b drills with weighted gloves.
MMA: Boxing---combo #1 with weighted gloves.
Jillian's BFBM---circuit #4(abs/core).
BBL High and Tight---Floor band work, Standing band work.

Great work out! It took about 70 minutes including w/u and my own stretch at the end. No body part left untouched! I even did a few squats on these poor achin' quads in H&T! ;)

Last edited:
Morning - barely !

I got into a "rot" (as Lori says ;)) last night and when we were out at our SIL (&MIL) nite out I got started on DH not working and basically not looking either. It all started with me kiddingly offering him to BBsit for his nieces and nephews this summer. The SIL's kept questioning me and I said I was looking for a 2nd job - then they said not too to let him do it but if he won't then what? I lose my savings and house maybe? I barely slept well and have been online looking for jobs all AM. Found some for him - asked him if he had been looking at all and he said "no". UGH ! I have bills that are late that I need to pay today too ! I am not doing well here at all ! ! ! Anywhooooo

Lori - I guess I need to catch up on your post y'day. I have to say going away without the kids sometimes doesn't turn out as badly as you might expect. Together time is good for the soul . . .

Wendy - Nice job on no fries - I'm usually like Diana and eat a couple of DH's and that satisfies me. I was good last night & drank only water but did have a deep fried sushi roll ! :eek: Ordered the wrong one - oh well. Had a large salad so hopefully that scrubbed away the fried effects ! :p

Diana - Didn't see the game at all - was end of the 1st when we left the sushi bar and we don't get it on TV. DH was asleep so I went to bed. Funny, sounds like a replay of the 1st game except Avs beat us in the last minute rather than tying. DH said our tickets for the next game have already sold - guess that is a positive for us. LOL - I just found out that there is a Lucky outlet here in town ! I don't shop so didn't even know it. They supposedly have PT Supervisor positions open - think I'll head on over to check it out today. Will let you know what kinds of jeans they have there in case you want any. Too funny - I wondered why Costco didn't have Lucky anymore and I'm guessing that is why? :rolleyes:

So workout for today ? ? ? It is nice out and I want to garden - deciding if I should or not since we are supposed to get near freezing again on Tues. Might lose veggies if I plant them now . . . hate these decisions. I do have a 3 day weekend next week so perhaps I'll prep and sow some seeds for transplanting.

I should probably do a "Run Forest Run" for my sanity . . . maybe not come home? :confused: I need to keep on going but it is hard right now . . .

Will probably BBL . . . have a nice day girls !

Jacque:: ((HUGS)) So what's up with your DH that he's not even LOOKING for a job when you are struggling so much?? I was reading some info on a fitness website this past week that said eating a salad for dinner will not make up for the fact that you had an entire cheesecake for lunch. Well, it didn't say that exactly but that was the gist of it! ;) Sorry to burst your bubble! LOL :p

Diana:: We were supposed to go to Outback for dinner last night but it was too crowded. If we had, I intended to behave. It's easier to do that there as they have the plain grillers menu and then I would get a plain baked sweet potato on the side. Oh well. Ended up at Appblebees and wasn't in the mood for anything they had that was supposed to be "healthier" fare. You did good though! :) I'd say your co-worker gets a gold star just for being willing to ATTEMPT DWP if she doesn't work out normally! Holy cow! I just lent a co-worker of mine Jackie Warner's One on One Training DVD. I didn't want to lend her anything too difficult to start with. I wonder if she'll even try it?? :confused:

Ladies, after today's work out my entire body is sore and tired but man oh man my quads are the worst! They are ridiculously sore! I'm gonna take some ibuprofen. We are taking Joey to see "How to Train Your Dragon" in a bit. If I don't take something before we go, I may not be able to get out of my seat by the time the movie is over!:p

Guess that's all for now...I'm feeling the need for some "foffee" ;)
BBL!

Got back a little bit ago from seeing "How to Train your Dragon". OMG-great movie!!!! A must see if you like kids flicks! Too adorable and a great story! :)

Hey Girls,

Well, I finally feel as if I am getting ahead at work. Today was much more relaxing b/c its the weekend and the phone isn't ringing and there aren't people under my feet!:D I worked at my own pace and my mind wasn't boggled so I got alot accomplished and I think we are finally getting ahead. Now, who knows....the girl from head office may want some things changed on Monday....but I don't care...I won't be there!:rolleyes::p Tomorrow I am going to go through some stuff that I have already done, just to look for mistakes that I may have made. I also have to go in early for a flight. I am trying to decide if I will come home after that and workout or if I will just stay there and plug away.

Wendy** I hope you are enjoying yourself tonight! Im sure you are;)! I know the feeling of being attacked...no need to explain. Happens to me every morning that I am off. DS uses the excuse that he needs to pee and once Im up its go time! I barely get to use the bathroom and wash my face. Then during my coffee and computer time I am usually up and down like a yo-yo! We give and give so much...you would think they would know to leave us alone for 30 mins....including the dog!

Diana** When are the girls coming for their next visit? Will Amanda be there to? Does that get weird with DS and Amanda in the same house?

Jacque** Oh dear...I feel for you! How can he not be looking? I don't understand. And for you to have to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet, doesn't sounds fair to me! Your gonna have to fix that real soon! Nothing better then running when there is something on your mind!

Todays workout was abs, 15 mins on TM/ 2 leg exercises from disc #3/1/2 DWP/2 leg exercises/15 mins on TM/2 leg exercises/ other 1/2 DWP/2 more leg exercises. Good workout.

BB in the a.m!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

Well it was raining and cold for most of the baseball game. I kept hoping they would call it due to the rain but they never did. DH and I sat in the truck since he parked so we could watch the game from the truck so I wouldn't have to sit out in the rain and cold.:) We won this game and didn't make too many errors.

Don't think I will get in my w/o today. I was busy with laundry this morning. The game was about 30 minutes away and then started 30 min late cuz we were waiting on umpires.

Jacque-sorry about your situation. We are in a similar situation although we are both working. We just had too many expenses come up all at once and we are still trying to pay them off. I too am considering working a pt job. I've done it before and it doesn't really bother me to do it again. Since your DH is home, let him take care of the bills and then he will see how important it is that he take on some pt work.

Wendy-Nice job with your w/o! Have fun tonight!!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.