Damage Control....Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls! :)

Well, I'm donning the new ped this morning! I barely walked at all after I put it on y'day...we went to see the new Transformers movie....it was 2.5 hours long! Great flick but didn't do much for my step count. :p We'll see how today goes. I have 2 family parties to attend...It's probably not even worth wearing the ped to them but I'm gonna anyway. I'm addicted now! ;)

Jacque:: Glad your weight is down. Mine is up but I'm sure it's from TTOM. I hate it just the same though. :p Yes, LOL, when we went back to Costco I was able to shop. I only had a few things to pick up so it was extra annoying to have to go back a 2nd time. I think I literally bought 9 or 10 small things and that's it. We usually fill the cart to the top! :eek: In addition, Costco is usually pretty empty on a friday afternoon/evening whenever we've gone in the past. Yesterday, ofcourse, it was a bit crowded. Just my luck! :rolleyes: ITA that MJ was a handsome boy/young man before he started messin' with himself. The physical changes and extreme weight loss over the years turned me off to him. Music was still good but I think there was something seriously wrong there....:confused:

Well, I am pretty much DOMS'ing everywhere but in my abs this morning! :D That being said, my plan for this morning is a run and perhaps some ab work.

BBL~

So now I will copy and paste::)

I set my alarm to get up and do STS bic and back before work...but I rolled over and went back to sleep:rolleyes: I think its the rain and fog that made me want to stay in bed;) Either way, I feel good. I will probably get a workout in tonight b/c DH as his hockey party and I will be homealone...well...with kids!:confused::) Im not 100% sure that he will be going though b/c he isn't feeling very well.

I don't think my MIL is mad at me. She called yesterday from the city and wanted to know what it was that I wanted picked up, so everything is fine there. I just won't send DH anymore text messages in her nosy company! LOL

Wendy** So you went out and bought yourself a new pedometer! Good for you! hehe! I seen the story on Farrah that you were talking about. I watched it last night actually. I can't imagine going through what she went through! She tortured herself to try and stay alive! Im not so sure I would have been so brave! Hope you have a good day with your family! I think you go to as many family gatherings as I do!:confused::)

Jacque** Im sure Michaels death is more then meets the eye...so don't get to upset cause your the same age;) I bet he didn't workout to cathe either! Although...it wouldnt have hurt for him to lift a weight or two!
S-K-I-N-N-Y! I feel bad for the kids though! I wonder what will happen to them? Im not sure about holding up a sign...you silly gals! I can't carry a sign with me. Its only 10k but I am getting excited already!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Morning ladies !

One of my shins is a bit sore today from Partyin' with TJ last night ! :confused: Was thinking about a longer run today, 10K or so, but not so sure now. Will see if it works itself out at all. Otherwise I'm undecided on what to do other than S&H legs. Those workouts are making me sore on a daily basis. My UB has been a bit sore nearly all week since I don't have strong upper arms and use all the muscles for chest work. All good though.

Wendy - LOL about the ped addiction. I do think it is a good way to judge how much movement you've had. Then to get the little extra in there can't hurt, right? So perhaps at your parties you could mingle around and around and around. Or maybe help serve people so you are walking all over . . . :p Kidding of course but could you imagine someone doing "laps" around guests at a party ! Sounds like a fun day for you - sending lots of <<<willpower>>> vibes in your direction. Small bites is one thing you seem to be good at and that will help. Enjoy your day.

Lori - GOOD LUCK to you in your run today. Do you have a time set that you want to beat? Or are you just running for the heck of it? I had seen the Farrah vid a few weeks ago - have seen many strong people go through different types of treatments to try to cure or stay alive as long as possible. It is so sad - I would probably do whatever I could to be around to see my family as much as I could. I love life and my family so def want to be around as long as possible.

Hope the weather is better for your run, is it today or tomorrow?

Hi to Jen, Laura and Diana. Happy Saturday ! BBL

Hey there Peeps!

I'm back from the gym. Logged 5.29 miles which means that I don't have to worry about my step count for the rest of the day! :D

Lori:: Good luck with your race this weekend! Can't wait to hear how you do! Glad MIL isn't ticked at you. You got very lucky, girl! ;):p

Jacque:: Yay for constant DOMS! That means it's working. ;) TJ's are such fun! I come back around to doing those work outs often. :) I have S&H. I've done a rotation with them once. I'm so bad. LOL Perhaps I should start using them with the endurance work outs to mix it up. I could do 2 body parts per week via S&H plus a couple f/b endurance work outs. Hmmm....I'm gonna have to consider this now! Thanks for the idea! :D

Well, have a lot to get done before leaving so I must jet!

I hope the missing peeps are all okay!

BBL or tmrw morning!

Hugs to all!:)

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA for a couple days. I've been trying to decide what to do about my work situation. I feel like I'm intentionally being left out of meetings that I should be in. A lot of my work has been diverted to another coworker-whom I might add just rec'd a promotion. She's only been with the company 3 years, I've been there 19yrs. We do similar work and my workload is being given to her. I'm thinking there may be a lay-off in my future. It's a little stressful to say the least.

I've taken a couple days off from working out this week-I had to be to work early a couple of days. Although I like the rotation I'm following I'm going to look for a rotation that has more weight training in it. The rotation I'm following only has 1 total body wt training, 1 circuit, and one legs for weights. I want something that uses the GS w/o's.

Today we are just doing house things, hopefully finally cleaning out the garage. Next weekend we want to clean our carpets and rearrange furniture in the basement and turn Cody's old room into an office. I would also like to put a futon in our "new office" for company. We thought about making it a spare bedroom but I would prefer to use it as an office.

BTW, I finally meet with the nutritionist tomorrow morning. We'll see what she has to say. Based on the form I filled out, I think they use a computer program to determine the nutrition plan. I hope I'm not paying for something I could print off the internet!

Wendy-Sorry to hear you lost your ped. It sounds like you got a much nicer model. How accurate does it seem to be, counting cals, distance and such?

Lori-Hope you have a great run today. I love 10K's, its a fun distance.

Jacque-I had a bit of shin splints from running at bootcamp. It's feeling much better today though. I would love to see the interview questions, more importantly though would be what answers are the interviewers looking for!

Time to get busy on the laundry and go mow the lawn. I can only mow the front as we just fertilized the backyard.

bbl

Back for a minute while checking on some stuff.

Wendy - nice job on the run today ! Yep, me thinks your step count will be safe today ! :p S&H is a great workout, the slow reps require lighter weights but the burn is fantastic (in a sadistic way ! ;)) Each body part is about 20-25 mins so works great for much lunchtime workouts ! Well party hardy girl !

Diana - I sent the interview docs to your "go avs" email address. Let me know if you need it to go somewhere else. (Couldn't figure out how to attach files through the PM's - if you can?).

Sorry for the work dilemma - perhaps prepping just in case will be a good idea?

Thinking about doing the same for DS2's room. DH wants to use it for Hot Wheel displays :rolleyes: but I want a guest bed too since DS1 & family stay here when down in this area. How comfy are futons to sleep on? Do they fit 2 comfortably if you get the right size?

Hope you get lots done today - I need to get a move on to accomplish anything ! :eek:

BBL

Good evening everyone!

Sorry I never made it here yesterday, but Fridays are usually my busy day at work and I just never found a minute. I did have workouts to report though! Thursday night after work I did Jari's RTTC with 2.5 minute runs on the the tread between each exercise. It was a killer workout. I burned 500 calories just doing that! Then Friday morning I was kind of tired, so I just walked on the tread for 30 minutes with the incline on its highest setting. I also got a walk in at lunch on Friday, even though it was raining again :mad: Then this morning I did Jari's Slim and Lean with 2 minute runs in between each exercise. Yes, I'm really enjoying creating these little circuits this way :p (obviously)

So I missed the chatter yesterday about MJ. I'll just say that I think the entire thing is utterly tragic, and I do hate that poor Farrah became old news within six hours of her death. As far as Michael goes, it's sad for me as he was at his height of fame with Thriller as I was entering my teen years, and I was, without a doubt, his biggest fan in the entire world. Oh no, girls, don't try to argue with me about that, just trust me...I was his biggest fan ;) So his passing is almost like the death of a piece of my youth, as well, and therefore I feel a loss. That said, the guy was also a bit nuts, and I can't really say I'm all that surprised. After the initial shock of the news, it was kind of like...hmmm, of course he's dead...like it was always meant to be this way. And considering the fact that he obviously had real problems with getting old, it's probably somewhat appropriate.

Wendy: Lol'ing about you getting your third ped! What the heck are you doing, girl? Great job on the run this morning! If your stride is at all similar to mine, that probably got you 10,500 right there. Just think, everything after that is just icing on the cake. I was in Target today and I checked out Jillian's workouts. I liked the looks of them. I just didn't get them because they were $15 each, and I know I can get them on Amazon cheaper, right?

Lori: How'd the race go? Glad to hear MIL isn't upset. No need for drama within the family, right? Sleep is just as important as anything else when it comes to being healthy, and it's Saturday, so I say "go girl" about rolling over and going back to sleep this morning.

Jacque: Wow, for a girl who hasn't run really since last summer, you are quite ambitious thinking about a 10k! Good for you! I love the S&H workouts, and like Wendy, I think I've only done one real rotation with them, but since you've reminded me of them I'm thinking about doing a three week rotation with them in a couple weeks. It might be the perfect way of getting into a muscle building phase.

Diana: Sorry to hear you're having work worries :( That's the worst. But for now, maybe just give yourself a break and take some pleasure in being relieved of some of the workload. Who knows? The boss might just having something new in store for you and is freeing you up for a new project or something. Chin up and think positive ;) It will all work out regardless.

DD is making brownies and they smell yummy! I better go get a few more steps in so I can sneak one before bed ;) Will bbl or in the a.m.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.