Damage Control...Party Time...Saturday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

Got the shopping and cleaning done for the party y'day. Have to cook and set up today. I will be banging out a work out first though. I have some undecided portion of IMAX2 and/or 3 on tap as well as Jari's Ripped and Chiseled (upper only) and upper ab work plus a bonus of the mat work from the original Tonique if I have time (I think it's 10 or 15 mins worth). I am sore from yesterday but so far it's not TOO bad...

So we took DS out to dinner at TGIF's last night. I had a little bit of a bad appetizer and a sensible meal BUT THEN...I had half of a ridiculously good but BAAAAD dessert which was a rich chocolate brownie topped with icecream, drizzled with caramel and the entire concoction was sitting in a pool of hot fudge or something equally as chocolately and delicious!:eek: It was TO DIE FOR! I have to say though, that as "BAD" as it was, I did not over eat. Never felt GROSS last night and feel good about it this morning. I know better then to jump on the scale today though. :p

BBIAF with personals!:)

Last edited:
Lori:: Glad your DS is behaving better lately. I think kids just go through phases. You should know this. You have a teen girl who is going through a phase currently that will last a verrrrry long time! :p;):D My DS went through some bad ones....soooooo misbehaved. Made me soooooo :mad::mad::mad:!!!! I definitely miss the baby stage but not the midnight feeding part of it! LOL Today's party is family only. Always has been and always will be. It just might get bigger when we have more space some day. I was supposed to do a kids party for the first time this year but put it off too long and then it was too late. :( Thankfully I never mentioned it to DS so I'm getting away with it! :p Next year though! :)

Diana:: TBT, I picked Pure Cardio b/c I feel it's one of the slightly less BRUTAL ones. LOL How's the DOMS? Still raging on this a.m.?

Jacque:: Pure Strength is a series I never had so I have no idea what it's like. You like it? I have Slow and Heavy. I did a short rotation of it once shortly after I bought it and never touched it again. OOPS. :confused: As far as weather for the party goes today...it's supposed to be perfect. 70 degrees and sunny! :D

Laura:: If you are getting cursed out for Yoga that's pretty bad! :D You mentioned that your calves were DOMS free y'day. So were mine but not anymore! :p I've been doing a lot of high impact lately and with all of the jumping jacks that Miss Sylwia likes hitting you with in her cardio, my calves have been taking a beating! They are pretty darned sore today!

Good day ladies !

Well I did go for a run yesterday afternoon - weather was beautiful and I did my usual 4.67 mile loop - ended up walking a few times but it felt great to get out and get the "lead" out of the legs for my first run.

Had a niece's BDay family dinner and they celebrated DH's 50th too. Today is his BD - not sure what we're gonna do yet. Weather at the coast will be kinda ugly so . . . will look for something sunny to do. Not sure if I'll get a workout in or not. Supposed to be High Step Challenge - think that was part of the "Max" series? If so I have it, I know I don't have one of the HS's.

Wendy - great job getting all things ready. Good for you taking some "tastes" of "bad" foods - at least you didn't over do it and you'll be fine. PS is a good workout - lower weight, endurance based. First you usually do the same move with very light weight to do a warm up and then add more. About mid way it was alternating moves. I like Slow & Heavy when I feel "jiggly". It helps tighten up quickly. Like GS series.

Hey to the rest of you ! Off to see what is on tap for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.