Damage Control...Monday Monday

Good Morning, Girls!

Just popping in quickly before the day gets too busy. Today was Burn Intervals. I just wasn't feeling it though. I started it and did about 20 minutes as made, but my heart rate just wasn't elevating the way I wanted it to, so I switched to doing the cardio portions on the treadmill and doing the weights with Chalene for the remainder of the workout. Yeah...that did it. Totally reached the puke factor!

Gotta get to work, but will bbl~

Jen

Morning Ladies ...

Weekend was full of clean max, STS, doggie time, and lazing by the pool time~ :D ~ The eats were not very clean though ... OH WELL .. STS plyo legs were SAT and STS bis and tris SUN ... OUCHIE!!!! OMG .. my bis and tris are screaming at me today. SIL and I are to meet to do a power walk at lunch .. but I dont think I will be able to pump my arms they are hurting so bad .. I upped my weight :confused: eerrr might of overdone it :confused: and WTH it was 59 degrees today ... a DRASTIC change in temps .. I forgot my jacket so gonna be a COOOOOL walk at lunch!! Tonight it is to get down to 48 ... :eek: .. and this is the END of May????? WTH is going on .. ???

Tonight is supposed to be circuit class .. but ?? .. thinking I need ALL CARDIO and lay off the weights tonight .. ??? I dunno see how the day progresses!!

I have not had a chance to read the weekend antics and personals . . so making this a quickie .. just had a second ..Boss is ILLLLLLLLL today .. :confused: .. gotta treat lightly today ... so will BBL for personals!!! Until then have a great one!:D

Yay! I managed a work out this morning. I did Ripped 1000. Hopefully I will be able to get back into my CLX rotation in the next day or two now...*fingers crossed!*

Just got off the phone with the Daycare. He was very understanding and he said he will keep me in mind just incase an opportunity arises that can get me out of there by 5pm. Cool. I feel better now. *sigh of relief*
No word from the office job yet but we'll see what happens...I refuse to get freaked out about it if they don't respond. I emailed a "follow up" to them y'day so they should have gotten it this morning. Time will tell...

BBL to see what's up and do personals!

Ciao Bellas!:D

Morning Ladies,

Is it Monday already... After my rant yesterday I ended up getting quite a bit done. Still have a lot of purging to do. Need to box up DS's remaining stuff, clean out the garage, the basement etc. It's been about a year since I did a big purge of clutter in the house and we just seem to accumulate so much junk/stuff/clutter.

I totally overate yesterday. It was a stressful day and I just picked at food all day long. I'm back on track today though. I almost had myself talked in to just forgoing the last week of STS and starting on something else. I did manage STS SBT which should've been done on Friday. Now I only have 3 discs to go to complete this rotation. I can't believe I did bicep curls with 52# today! I never even would've tried to lift that heavy before. Also used 52# for the overhead press! This afternoon I will be hitting the rec ctr for heavy leg training and ab work.

I've been looking at 2 different rotations by fitness freak to do next. One is an endurance rotation and the other is a circuit mix rotation. I think I'll go with solid cardio next week and start my rotation when I get back from vacation.

Wendy-Where did ya go???? Guess you must be at work! Hope you are having a great day.

Jen-sorry to hear about the pizza fiasco. I hate when that stuff happens, which is more often than not in my household. Nice change up to your morning w/o. Whatever works is best in my opinion.

Laura-What's up with the weather. We're supposed to be in the low 90's today and tomorrow then 80's, 70's, and 64 and rain on Friday. I'm not looking forward to this hot weather. I was right there with ya lifting the heavy weights-and not eating the best either.

Jacque-hope you and DH had a great weekend getaway.

Lori-hope you and the family are doing better.

Diana

Okay I am eating my words! I went and checked my email after posting here and I got a response in regards to the office job!!!! She said she will be contacting me later in the week to set up an interview. :) Apparently (and not surprisingly) they have had an overwhelming response so it is taking them time to get back to the applicants.

Vroom, vroom

Drive by to say the weekend was great !

Need to catch up at work and on the posts here but will have to wait until later.

Enjoy the day ladies ! Check for my posts later tonight, hopefully ! :eek:

OK .. gotta do quickie personals ... it has been a h## of a Monday!!!!

Wendy .. congrats on the job front ... maybe the one you want will work out!!! will keep my fingers crossed for ya!!

Di .. yup we were BOTH bad on the food front this weekend .. but at least we kept up the workouts .. dont know how I am going get these arms working for circuit class tonight :confused: and the weather .. so weird .. I did powerwalk at lunch .. but it was a COLD one ..

Jen .. WTG on busting out the workout this morning ... sounds like a toughie!! Puke factor is always a good thing (I know we are warped)

Jacque .. your Monday must be like mine .. crazy busy!!

Lori .. still sending {{{hugs }}}

OK .. gotta run .. psyche myslef up for class ... LOL!!! have a great ones ladies!!:D

Hola chicas!!

Back to do some personals while I wait for dinner to digest! Ugh, tomorrow is SO's b-day and so I made dinner for him tonight, which was pork tenderloin with a pesto sauce, mashed potatoes and salad, followed up with peanut butter cup brownies. Oh yeah, they tasted as good as they sound :p

Wendy: Yay! I'm glad you got some sort of response on the job. Hopefully it means they'll keep you posted throughout the process.

Diana: Sounds like any overeating you did yesterday was obliterated with that workout! Holy moly! Good for you for sticking with STS.

Jacque: Glad to hear you had a great weekend! Am in the process of planning something like that myself right now for this weekend. It's a gift for me as much as it is for SO ;)

Laura: ROTFLOL'ing (sing it like the Comcast commercial ;)) about your warped comment! Isn't it so true? People in real life would think we were absolutely insane! But I wanna hurl this morning and I'm thinking "Oh yeah... that's the ticket..." :rolleyes:

K, back to Antiques Roadshow :eek::D Will bbl in the a.m. ~

Jen

OK - here goes on a quickie review for my weekend:

Fri. nite ended up doing MUCH less than planned - DH home early - neighbor got me into a 1/2 hour conversation after I got back from shopping - DH was too excited to let me get anything done :p so no workout for me.

Sat AM no workout cuz I needed to do what I didn't on Fri nite. Had a good visit with kids and grandkids - long hot 100' weather until we hit the coast about 5 PM. Then it was beautiful. Dinner not real good and $$$, room was very nice. I had a horrible headache and backache and fell asleep early ! :eek:

Sun had a nice drive further north near a very nice river - gorgeous places we MUST visit another time - stopped by the Korbel winery and tasted champagne - then the drive home was long and hot again (100' again) - San Francisco was busy and the coastal route we decided to take was packed nearly all the way home - about 3 1/2 hours for a 1 1/2 hour drive. Was beautiful though. Dinner was at a Diner's Driveins and Dives restaurant - quaint but we seemed to get the short end of the stick.

So, now I have whined, but all in all, we both had a great time. My back is very sore from the travelling and sitting at work Thurs and Fri - I can hardly walk so will be skipping my workout again !

I will hopefully be back to catch up on Fri's workout tomorrow and then try to catch up so I can finish STS next week. UGH, but life just gets in the way sometimes. Eats weren't horrible - wasn't really hungry, but did eat quite a bit of unclean "stuff". Sun AM we had strawberries and chocolate in bed before we headed for the marina for crab sandwiches and clam chowder. Yummy ! Oh well, back home and into a better schedule again.

Wendy - good to hear you had some fun but sorry about the stuffy head. I surely understand the aggravating feelings. Was so mad myself that I had a 2 day headache when we were taking off for the weekend ! :mad: Hope the job interview goes well - knock 'em dead when you get there. We may just be finishing our rotations at the same time even though we are behind ! ;)

Diana - my kids were much the same as you described but thankfully have changed a bit now that they are on their own for expenses. I know I overdid it with them and take credit for much of it - however, I also think this generation just feels that they are more entitled rather than thinking they should earn things and then take care of them. I so vividly remember my kids breaking toys or stepping on them intentionally and then saying, oh well, I'll get more. Hope you get to finishing STS this week and can take an entire Cardio week next week to try to get a headstart on leaning out. I know I need it. I love Debbie's rotations - let me know which you pick.

Jen - you have been doing very well here young lady ! Getting your workouts in, making them hard, taking your rest days. Way to go ! Bummer about the pizza - always when you aren't feeling particularly in the mood and it all blows up ! Hope you aren't still smelling pizza every time you cook now ! Ha ! I guess it could be worse though ! :p

Laura - good for you keeping up the workouts - I soooo needed you to fill in for me ! LOL ! ;) Man do I have a long way to go here between workouts, cardio and leaning out. Need this body of mine to cooperate here soon. So how is SIL's dad doing? We went from 100' here yesterday to 66, overcast and breezy today. Know just what you mean. Crazy crazy weather. Perhaps I am taking on my crazy attitude from the weather? Or am I just looking for an excuse?

Lori - so sorry to hear about Chico ! We lost one of ours nearly 2 years ago and have a nice pic in a frame next to his ashes ontop of our entertainment center. My daughter works at a pet store and found a neat frame that you can put both a picture and the dog tags into. Really neat memorial for him. He was my hubby's first dog from a puppy while he was on his own. He took it hard and our little furgirl (now nearly 13 yrs) really misses him too. I think she does enjoy getting all the attention now though. ;)

Hope you can get some good sleep soon and get back on track with your workouts.

Okie dokie - that was nearly a book and a half - "see" y'all tomorrow sometime !

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

I've been trying to take care of a few things this evening. Why does it always seem to take longer thatn I thought. I paid a couple bills that need to go out tomorrow, wrote a check for the aeration folks that are coming tomorrow, bagged up more stuff for the charity pickup on Thursday.

I still need to sort through the coupons and make a grocery list. I had intended on going tonight but it's already 8pm. If I go too late at night the meat is always gone.

I did manage to hit the rec ctr for some heavy leg training and abs. I even upped my last set of squats to 115 which made me very happy. Ab work finished up my afternoon w/o.

I'm at odds on what w/o to do tomorrow. I could go straight into my last 3 sts w/o's or I could throw a cardio in there. I'm leaning towards weights since I have tri-training tomorrow night....but, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it since Jerod has a baseball game. I'm hoping his game will be over in time for me to get home, change, and get to the rec ctr.

I really need to hit the cardio, and eat much better too! My summer clothes from last summer are too tight, tight in the torso and thighs. Only 1 pair of my capris fit right now. I've even tried buying a larger size but they gap in the back way too much and besides, who wants to wear a larger size????

The roof guy finally came over today and we had to pick out our color. We had 6 choices and none of them looked very good to me. 3 different shades of gray, light brown (think cardboard), dark brown, and charcoal black. I chose the dark brown, it looked the best from the minimal and quite poor choices I might add. We are upgrading to a heavier grade and will be getting a discount on our Home Owners insurance. I guess if we plan to live here for many years it is a good investment. Oh, this should also qualify for the home energy improvement credit on our taxes this year.l

Jacque-even it wasn't the best weekend away, it was a weekend away with DH and that was the point anyway. We were in the 90's today, stuffy too. Hope you feel well enough to get back to STS soon!

...back to coupons sorting and making a grocery list.

Have a great night ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.