Damage Control...Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Well, after y'day's intense work out I stuffed my face with ham, potatoes augratin and a klondike bar. Not to mention the two beers I had before dinner.:eek: Not even getting close to the scale today, thank you very much! :eek:

Today's work out is Burn Intervals and I am going to brave the bells again for cardio. I must be crazy!!!! :p

I have the day off today. DS goes back to school and DH left already to do a side job in North Jersey where he expects to be all day. That being said it'll be a nice peaceful morning for me. Something I haven't had in quite some time...:)

Jen: Sounds like you are havin' fun at the beach! Good for you! :)

Jacque: I don't stagger daily. I am pretty much bound to 2 days low followed by one day high just because of life but it's really supposed to be 3 days low followed by 1 day high. What I am doing is still working but I might be losing a bit quicker if I could do 3 days low all of the time instead.
When I do the bells after CLX I am not sure how long it will be for. Anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months most likely depending on how "into it" I am and what kind of results I am seeing. It also depnds on how hopped up I am to get to NROL. If I'm excited about it then I'll want to get to it quicker. If I'm dreading it? Well then it may never happen! :p LOL Not sure what my rotation will look like. I'm still deciding on that one but perhaps a few k/b work outs and a cathe circuit work out may work! I do know, however, that my main focus will be endurance, not strength. We don't have to do the same rotation. It's no big deal if we all do our own thing. :) Sorry about the weight gain. I know how you feel. I was in the same boat not that awful long ago!

Diana: OMG I could never fast. Kudos to you for being able to do it! Let us know how it goes and what the final result of it is! :) Glad your work out equipment did not get wet. My mom gets some water in her basement at times. Thankfully it's usually not serious amounts though.

Guess that about it wraps it up for me for now....

BBL!

Morning Ladies!

Hey ...

Sat funraiser was awesome ... had a good crowd ... and raised about $200 .. so that was pretty good!!! SIL didnt want me there to watch her .. but I peeked in and she did AWESOME .. OMG .. she is a worse drill seargent than me .. :confused: ... didnt know she could yell like that .. LOL!!! I had a decent turn out for mine .. had all my regulars .. and 4 new brave souls that SIL TALKED INTO staying for mine stayed ... and they were spent!! One girl looked at me during staggered pushups and said "I am sorry I just cant do it" .. bless her heart .. they all gave it their best .. I KNOW they are sore .. they did limit the plyo moves so that was good ..said they enjoyed it .. sooooo??? I was SO SORE Sunday from it .:confused:.. in fact my abs and inner thighs are still sore .. you would have thought I never taught b-4 I got so nervous b-4 class .. and was really watching the form .. I didnt expect to be sore from it though!!!

Wendy .. your weekend sounded busy!!! Mine was too .. it flew by .. I went shopping yesterday .. and found myself still in the kitchen cooking at 9:30 last night ..DH is on evenings and I made him some eats for work!! I am excited about my new work space ... cant wait to get back up there in in the chaos again!!!

Di .. FAST??? OMG .. I would faint ... the only time I ever went w/o food is when I was struggling w/an eating disorder .. and swore if I ever got better I would never go w/o food again. I remember during that time I went an entire 4 or 5 days w/o anything but soda's ... :eek: . I was a nervous wreck .. jittery .. would jump at anything .. it was horrible!! I had gotten to the point of delirium .. would see maggotts and worms in my food that was not there (sorry if that was TMI) .. CRAZY .. now if I miss a meal I get weak (think I really screwed up my insulin b/c now I am hypo glycemic and get weak if I dont eat on time)

Jen .. WTG on the w/os .. and the DOMS not being bad .. WOW .. WTG girl!!! I am the QUEEN of the DOMS!!!

Jacque .. are you getting the heat wave CA is being hit with??? We got more storms last night .. but today is gorgeous .. I still wont get on the scale .. but my clothes are fitting normal again .. so I am thinking the extra cardio is working it's magic!! ;)

OK . better run .. I am still NOT at my new space .. dang it .. my file cabinets are not in yet.. so I am in the back still .. YUCK .. but some time this week I should be getting moved .. WOOHOO ... have a great one ladies!:D

Laura: Glad the fundraiser was a success. Sounds like you and your SIL really gave 'em their money's worth! :D So did you tell SIL that you were sneaking peeks at her? :p OMG the eating disorder sounds terrible. Didn't know you ever had one. That had to be awful. What was the reason for it? Did you see something in the mirror that was totally exagerated from the truth so you thought you had to lose a ton of weight?

Wendy .. I did end up telling SIL I sneaked some peeks at her .. and had NOTHING but compliments for her .. I am hoping she will gain more confidence and feel comfortable SUBBING for me ;) when I cant make my class!!! She did great though .. and everyone said she did a great class!!

aaahhhh .. unfortunatly my eating disorder was brought on by my first love .. a complete @$$hole .. he played mental games .. was mentally cruel .. and when we broke up blamed me - my body - my personality ... and somehow managed to make me doubt my self worth - my body - my strength - my character .. everything about me he broke or so I thought .. I did a spiral down.. was overexercising .. NOT eating anything .. and got down to about 104 pounds (at 5'6" was HORRIBLY sickly thin - I lost about 40# in a matter of 3-weeks) .. luckily I KNEW I had a problem and I knew I was too skinny and looked sickly ... my mother and my aunt stepped in .. and took over .. built me back up and luckily I realized it was not me but HIM .. not my shortcomings but his .. not my lack of strength but my strength that threatened him. With their help I got back on track and was able to correct my psyche and my eating and exercise habits.

The person I was when I was with him I dont even recognize . . she does not exist .. I really should thank him b/c what he put me thru only made me stronger .. and made me who I am now. I will not tolerate anyone treating anyone like that if I can help it .. I have helped several friends escape abusive relationships - and like me a couple of them went thru self destructive eating disorders .. guess b/c of him I am an advocate for those who dont think they are strong enough ..

It is sad that there are people out there like him .. and otherwise strong women who succumb to them ...??? ... SAD! But thank GOD I have a strong family .. and I am strong .. even though I dont suffer from an eating disorder anymore .. I do recognize I am an emotional NONeater .. when I get upset .. I wont eat (kinda the opposite of most people) ... I still struggle recognizing when I am upset that I HAVE to make myself eat .. but if I am not upset .. everything is right as rain and my relationship w/food is a great one!! (sometimes too good...LOL:p)

Usually there is always a reason behind the eating/exercise disorder .. but if it goes too long it becomes a vicious cycle that takes over .. I never had the "I look in the mirror and only see fat" ... it may have started that way .. but NOPE when I lost all that weight .. I looked in the mirror ..I saw skin and bones .. it was sickening .. but just could not eat . . did not have the desire to eat .. and when I did I saw things that made me sick .. and one bite of food hurt my stomach and made me sick .. it took a while and took my family stepping in and threatening to take me to a eating disorder clinic for me to realize .. I had to take back control ..

Hi ladies,

We are still dealing with water in our basement. DH took the day off to deal with the wet mess, getting the carpet pulled up and some fans going.

I was able to get in 4DS KB/BC cardio this morning. I will be heading to the gym for some additional cardio today. Probably the EXT and stepper, along with some ab work too.

I can't even believe this, my weight was up 2lbs today. It must be water weight since all I've had is liquids. I was getting a little hungry earlier but drank two glasses of V-8 juice and 12oz of water and am fine for now. My puffy belly needs depuffed which is why I'm doing the 3 day juice fast. I brought some grapefruit juice to work with me too.

Wendy-I like the KB option you're doing. As a matter of fact, I'm going to check some used sporting goods stores and see if I can get more KB's. I only have 1 20 lb-er and would like a 15,25,30 and maybe even 35. I'm up for swing bells a couple times a week when STS is over.

Laura-glad to hear your fundraiser was successful. Kudos to DSIL for teaching when she was so nervous. The more she does it the more comfortable she will become with it. The only eating disorder I have is I'm an overeater. The first step to recovery admitting you have a problem-this is mine. I do much better when I bring my premeasured, pre-made food to work with me. I have a hard time eating out as I tend to overeat in those situations. If I can order an appetizer as a meal I will. It's a constant battle but I continue to work on it every day.

bbl

Hey Girls.

I forgot to mention when I posted to Laura previously that I did my work out at 10:30 this morning. I did Extreme Abs first and then Burn Intervals using kb swings for cardio. I also subbed in inner thigh leg lifts where the band work is at the end. Great work out. I was pooped when I was done. Whew! No doubt I will have a sore l/b tmrw! :D

Laura: WOW. Kudos to your mom and aunt for being strong and making you get back on your feet and start eating again. They saved your life no doubt! Good for you for recognizing the harm you were doing and allowing them to get you help as well.

Diana: Sorry about the basement. I hope the fans help. Is the carpet ruined? Good luck finding the bells you want. As I mentioned to Jacque I am thinking a few kb work outs and a Cathe circuit may be the way I want to go once CLX is over. I will figure out the particulars as it gets closer. I still have 2 more months of CLX to go for now! :D IKWYM about over-eating when you are out. When I have no means to measure my food I can go off the deep end pretty easily. I am no good at eye balling it and tend to have a much more lax attitude about my food when I am not at home. Not to mention the fact that the food is almost NEVER healthy!!!! :eek:

Hopin' Jacque checks in and maybe even Jen from the beach! Does anyone know when Lori gets back? I know she was going to be in FLA for 10 days but I don't recall when she left.

Heya ladies !

Drive by while I just finished my lunch. Early 7 AM meeting - no workout and still have a headache from yesterday. Dang friggin' allergically sensitive sinuses ! The doc said she thought my CT scan showed a little infection in the back sinuses so put me on antibiotics for 2 wks but due to my travelling, I have only had my 2nd pill so far. Hope that helps cuz I can't workout when my head hurts. :mad:

Wendy - Well your 'cheat' meal yesterday sounds scrumptious ! I'll fess up and mention I had a couple of beers last night too - not MGD64's either ! :rolleyes: I think your workout burned it all off though ! I need some of your energy these days ! I haven't figured out any type of eating plan for the moment - in fact just finished my catfish (yum !) and am too full to eat my salad. Had a spot of the Auntie Flo (TMI but first time in nearly a year) and think that may be part of my bloat issue. Was down 2.5 lbs after I nearly floated myself away on water Saturday. That got me back to nearly my recent poundage at least ! :p

Hope you enjoyed your quiet morning !

Diana - so sorry about the wet - but good that you can still get your workouts in ! Will be interested to see how the juice fast goes for you. Have you done it before? I did a 24 hour fast and it did absolutely nothing for me. I'm with Wendy and not sure I could go without food that long - but I sure am not feeling very hungry with this headache either. May be a blessing in disguise . . . hmmmmm. Hoping to get some cardio in this week but will be gone all day again tomorrow. That is the last long day for a while I hope ! Will try to blow some of our HOT weather your way ! ;)

Laura - Yeppers we are having the heat wave here. 97' yesterday and supposed to be 96' today. Will slowly cool off to the low 70's by the end of the week and possibly some sprinkles. It is still supposed to be warm though.

Way to go with the fundraiser - LOL at the SIL experience. Perhaps some of the ladies who took her class will help boost her confidence too. Sometimes it is hard for us to believe our relatives/friends are telling the truth, but if those that took her class tell her that maybe she'll believe it. (You could put a little bug in their ear so you will have a sub ! :eek:)

WOW what an experience you have gone through. I lost myself too when I was with ExDH - thought about driving off a cliff more than once, but I had my kids and couldn't leave them to their father. They realize what a jerk he can be now that they are in their 20's. And he thought I wouldn't be able to make it on my own either - tried to destroy my self confidence. I think many times verbal abuse can be just as bad as physical abuse. Yes, so sad that strong women in love can be naive - eventually most of us come around ! I dislike the distrust that I feel now sometimes though, but I guess it is for the best.

Okie dokie - off to finish a few more things before I blow this joint !

Later gators !

Hey ladies,

When I walked out to my car I decided it was far to sunny to w/o inside. So I went for a 2 1/2 mile fast paced walk. It is beautiful here, mid 60's.

I was reviewing my calendar for upcoming events/meetings/training etc. I have to be to work early everyday next week. I'm going to have to take a look and see if meso cycle 3 discs are any shorter. If not, an option for might be for me to start on Friday or Saturday instead of waiting until Mondy.

The America on the Move program I joined starts this week! The kick-off and first weigh in is on Wednesday. I'll have to go every Wednesday to weigh in so I should probably work out while I'm there. The team I'm on will also be selecting a group w/o day too. It should be fun.

Wendy-We have indoor/outdoor carpet over cement so the carpet is not ruined. If we ever completely finish the basement I'm not sure I would want real carpet with carpet pad because they would be ruined. My workout area has puzzle mats on top of the carpet but I did work out on that cement floor for many years.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Diana

OMG .. will someone ring the 5 o clock bell :mad: .. GEEZE .. what a loooooong day!! I have worked PIA problems till I am cross eyed!!:confused: What a mess!!

15 more minutes .. my body is sore from my torture SAT that I think I am gonna punish it a little more .. eeeerrrrr .. thinking 4 step plyo/plank/pushup/core torture . . EVERYWHERE I am the sorest! I was gonna do cardio step .. but just not in a choreographing kind mood :confused: dont want to have to think too hard .. and it has been over a week since we did the plyo/plank/pushup/core torture ... and I am sure I am gonna get some REALLY dirty looks when I tell them to set up for it .. especially after SAT .. :eek: :eek: oh well they will get over it :p

Di our power walk today was awesome too .. beautiful .. sunshine and breezy .. although I got a little hotter than I wanted .. was around 78 degrees .. but it was nice .. didnt help w/the DOMS though!!

Jacque .. I think that "distrust" thing is a protection device so we dont allow ourselves to be blindsided again .. and yes .. I consider it a good thing (certainly helps me in collections ... LOL) ...

Wendy I am ignoring your KB comments .. everytime I hear someone talk about what a great w/o they are that little burn in the credit card feeling comes over me .. I WILL NOT BUY KB this year {{{ humph }}} {{ crossing arms in defiance }} .. I am eyeing the dang pull up tower anyway .. I dont have a bench rack (one of very few things I dont have) .. so I am REALLLLY considering going for the pullup tower!!! :confused:

OK ... I am just about outta here .. bring on the pain!!!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.