Damage Control in January...Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls!:D

So I'm not dyin' with crazy DOMS today...well, not yet anyway. :p Today's work out is a 6 mile run and tmrw is supposed to be a rest day...if I can handle it! LOL

Jacque: Definitely begin with Providence and if you are doing 1Rm's then just make sure you allow a rest day before you use the bells. I'm so excited for you! I'm still supposed to order Newport (and possibly Firepower) but I am trying to hold off. I am supposed to get my Collage Video order on Monday. Can't wait! :) I don't really know what to tell you about your hip. Sorry. :(

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies:)

I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday b/c it was to crazy here. I slept until 11 ish then had to start getting things ready for DS's b-day party. Buuuuuuuut...I got my run in :) I went outside for about 50 mins. I love running so much better outside!

Wendy** Are you still running outside or is it mostly on the TM now? Hope you get the DOMS that you are looking for later:confused:;)

Im hoping to catch up on personals later today. Today is PS legs,cardio and abs. Im not sure if my run can be done outside b/c there is a small layer of snow covering the road = slippery:rolleyes:

Scale was nice to me today...122.2, I can handle that.

BBL!
Lori:)

My run is done. 6.25 miles is in the bag. I did an Itread and then went a little longer to increase the mileage a bit. :)

Lori: I am on the TM now that it's cold out, thank you very much! :p Once my mary training officially begins with TNT then I will take my long runs outdoors with the group. I am all ready for it with the U/A gear I got for Christmas!:) Good job keepin' the weight in check. Mine is all over the place. I have a feeling my scale needs new batteries....:confused:

Hiya girls

I wasn't able to check in yesterday. Had one too many CABs to make an intelligent post.:confused::eek: *lol* DH and I had date night so hit the sack early too.:D Went to bed at 10 and didn't get my butt up until 9:30.....I am WELL rested. Good thing too, BF is coming over tonight for a few CABs and booking some excursions for the cruise. Should be fun.

I did IMAX yesterday. Am planning on CC#2 and 10 more 1RM's for a full body workout. Then need to do some cleanmax. I did get the Venuto book in the mail, but have only been able to read a few pages so far.

Wendy - So do you prefer Keith's workouts over the AOS workouts?
Good job on the run today. Now you can look forward to a couple days of rest. Ahhhhhhh!

Jacque - Sorry bout the headaches. Those will throw a wrench in any workout plan for sure.:(
Yea on the workouts!!! I would suggest starting with the 15# and going up from there. I've only done Providence. I want to get my form down better before trying Newport and I didn't get Firepower b/c I only have single KB's and didn't want to have to double up on them quite yet.

Laura - Glad you have some sports to look forward to again. It sure does make things more fun doesn't it?:)

Hi to the rest of you girls

Gotta jet - running out of time to get things done. Hopefully I'll be back after my w/o.
Have a great Saturday!!

Angie

Ang: Wow girl, goin' heavy on the CABS this weekend I see. Good for you! :D I'll probably have a couple this evening. Nothin' else to do when it's snowing outside, right? :p I only have the one Keith Weber DVD. I don't know if he even has anything else out. I don't like his work out any more or less then the AOS stuff. It's just different. I need lots of variety or I get bored. You know that! :) What I DO like about it though is that it's chaptered well. It's divided into I think 6 or 7 chapters and each chapter has a specific focus to it. You can do it all at once, one chapter per day or whatever other way you choose. This makes it much more versatile then the KBYW dvds I have. I don't have any actual AOS dvd's yet but the original KBYW is a remake of Providence so I guess that counts, huh? ;) I say tmrw is a rest day but who knows. If I am antsy I will end up working out I am sure. :rolleyes: I got up at 6:30 this morning and was at the gym before 9am. I will surely be napping when DS goes down though. Especially since we are home alone for the remainder of the day. I was supposed to go to upstate ny with DS for a party at my sister's but it got cancelled due to the impending weather. DH is gone to HIS sister's house as he is sponsoring his nephew for his Confirmation tonight. I stayed home with DS just incase it gets bad and DH has a hard time getting home. Didn't want to deal with that with DS. In addition, he took his truck and the heat doesn't work too well. No thanks! LOL To be honest, I'm not all that happy about staying behind though as I am bound to get very bored....:(

Heh heh...I caved. I just ordered AOS Newport and Firepower and I haven't even gotten my Collage order yet! :eek: See what happens when you leave me home bored for the afternoon.....:p

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA for a couple of days. I had early morning meetings on Thursday and Friday and a business meeting most of today. I did get my workouts in though. Thursday was Burn 1, Friday was BM2 Cardio Blast, and this morning was Burn 2 and CTX Step & Intervals Cardio. It has been at least a year or more since doing a CTX cardio. I thought it would come back to me but it was like a doing a workout for the first time. The CTX cardio will be good to add the shorter CLX w/os'. Work for me is really picking up but I do not like going in early for a meeting!

My SIL w/breast cancer finally shaved her head. I was glad when she finally decided to do it. I think its too emotionally traumatic to see the handfulls of hair come out. She had her second round of chemo this week and is handling it much better than the first. My heart aches for anyone who has to go through this.

I finally got the results of my MRI. I basically have several benign masses on both feet which is what is causing me all the pain. At this point all they suggest is NOT running or any high impact activity, using the orthotics and the inserts and review again in several months. I also have bunions on both feet but since I've had 2 unsuccessful and complicated bunionectomies on my right foot, they don't to operate on the left as I may have the same issues.

My booty is killing me today. I went the butts and guts class at the rec ctr and that tubing is real bun burner!!!!

Lori-welcome. We used to email frequently before you had ds. It sounds like he is doing great. ITA with having DD's bf at your house. I did FF's Dec rotation but started doing CLX in January. So far I'm really enjoying it. Have you added kettlebells yet into your training? Wendy and Angie got me started and I do like kb's. So many w/o's-so little time!

Jen-glad to see that you popped in. I think if you are feeling up to it that walking on the treadmill is great, especially for your attitude. Of course you don't want to overdo it, but sometimes just getting moving and the blood flowing is great mood enhancer.

Wendy-What w/o did you order from collage? Newport is a toughie, you will love it I'm sure. Nice run! I much prefer running outside but its been too cold here as well.

Jacque-Glad to hear your AOS dvd's finally arrived. My recommendation would be to start with Providence. I don't have Firepower so I can't comment on that one. Newport is tough!

Angie-That's great that the scale is the same. Don't forget to take your measurements too. I still need to find a notebook so I can keep track of my weights and measurements. DH hasn't tried a kb workout yet but I will keep suggesting and maybe one day he will give it a try.

Laura-We need a winning team. DS went to the Mammoth home opener tonight (Lacrosse). They are amazing to watch. Apparently he knows one of the cheerleaders so he and some friends headed out early so they could get their Mammoth cheerleader calendars signed by all the cheerleader. To be 20 again... Hope you are having a great weekend.

I think that catches me up. Hi Shirl and Dee Dee.

Have a great night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.