Damage Control in January...Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Is it Monday ALREADY!? *sigh*

Today's plan is a run for either right after work or later this afternoon. I will be taking a short break from the bells this week (to let my blisters heal LOL). I've decided to do Amy's Slo-Mo Strength Challenge for a change of pace. Should be fun. :)

Ang: Your dinner from last night sounds much yummier then mine! Glad you enjoyed your rest day. Now eat up that salmon for dinner tonight. What work out is on tap for you for today? Hope work isn't as crazy as you suspect it will be.

Hello to everyone else!

BBL!

Good Morning!

Yes...is it MONDAY? I hate Monday day shifts...and it looks like I will be working more of them in the future:mad:

Im at work and my coworker is here but I haven't laid eyes on her...weird! Im assuming she is in the washroom and by the looks of things she did nothing last night but sleep. No vacuuming done, no garbages changed, coffee burned on...oh well, I think she is getting let go anyway (gee...i wonder why?)

Wendy** Enjoy your workout today. My left knee is hurting from yesterdays long run:( Its usually my right!

I set the alarm and got up early today before work. Im following FF Jan rotation so todays workout was PUB chest (rest) UP again, then GS pushups:eek: Yowza...then PUB Tri's (rest) UP again, then GS close grip bench press. I felt it more in the chest then I did my tri's. I also squeezed in 4DSKB and abs.

Have a good day everyone!

Lori

Lori: Sorry your coworker appears to be rather useless. I hope your knee stops hurting soon. That's never fun.

So I said I'd be doing Amy Bento this week but um...I completely forgot that I have some new work outs being delivered to me today so I just might have to eat my words but we'll see. ;)

Good morning, girls!

Wendy, you're holding out on us...what new workouts do you have coming?

Lori, there's nothing worse than a lazy co-worker. It's so frustrating to always have to pick up the slack! Hope your knee feels better quickly.

So...ugh. I'm in a slump. Fighting serious blues these days. Probably mostly winter blues, but I think the lack of routine and the absence of my daily endorphin rush has a lot to do with it. It should change soon, though, because I go back to work next Tuesday, and dare I say that I'm looking forward to it? :eek::p:) I'll probably be eating my words by next Friday. The good news is that my primary care gave me the go ahead to work out with weights, light to start and slowwwwwly increase. That's better than nothing, right?

The diet has been awful. It's really time to crack down on that! I find that I've been eating tons of carbs, so my goal is to increase protein and watch the calories. How is everyone else doing? Are we still posting our eats?

Gotta run, but will BBS~

Jen

Monday .. * double UGH *

My weekend FLEW by .. had company all weekend ... NO workouts to report :( just did not have time!! But today starting back my lunch w/os .. it will be a CHILLY one today .. brrrrrr it is cold!!!! Today SIL and I are gonna meet and do heavy legs at lunch .. then tonight's class will be circuit class .. I may change and do ALL cardio b/c this will be our first time back on heavy gym legs :confused: they will be fried by this afternoon!!

Lori .. I have one of "those" co-workers too .. PIA is a constant thorn in my side!!! She is one that works to get out of work .. today complaining of a "rash" .. saying she thinks she has chkn pox :confused: which I think she used as an excuse last year :confused::mad::mad: If she had any other supervisor her arse would be fired BIG TIME!!! She makes it really hard to come into work some days!! :mad:

Jen .. hang in there .. I know that feeling of wanting to w/o and you cant .. it is so aggrevating and yes a real downer too!!! Getting back to work will help!! Hang in there!!

Wendy .. the bells have given you blisters?? ouchie!! you need to get some padded weight gloves!!

OK .. better run .. have a great one .. and I will report back my heavy legs and IF I survive it!!!

The eats were not that good over the weekend .. but will start over today: toast and granola for brkfst - grapefruit for snack ... not sure for lunch .. prbly will have to grab something quick!!!

Just to report heavy legs done!! and I can tell I have not been in the gym and lifted heavy for a while .. YOWZA!!!! Have a feeling my legs will be hurting tommorrow!

SIL bought me lunch . . roasted red pepper soup w/wheat toast and crackers .. never had it .. soup does not fill me up. But it was good and unusual .. kinda sweet to my surprise .. it was filling (could not eat all of it) .. but I will be starving in a couple of hours!:eek:

Ok .. gotta jet .. BBL to see what you ladies are up to!

Hi y'all !

No workouts to report for me for the last few days - no good eats either ! Am still having the blahs and unfortunately following DH's way of slugging around all weekend ! :eek: Need to get back on track here.

Last night I took a couple melatonin caps hoping for a good night sleep and doggone if I was WAY too tired to get up and workout this AM. Did decide to watch the eats too so here is today so far:

B: Smoothie with protein powder, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 banana and 1 cup berries
S: steel cut oats with 1/2 protein powder for a little flavor
L: 6 - 1" meatballs (1/2 beef, 1/2 turkey) with marinara & salad w/FF dsg.

I need to stay away from the bad carbs after work and hit the exercise room. Guessing I had better steer clear from my planned STS 1RM rotation and do a "real" rotation or I'll never get back on track.

Sounds like everyone had a fun weekend - I did keep up with all of you and the CAB's ! :eek: :rolleyes: Mostly MGD 64's but had a couple glasses of wine too.

So Providence will be my first AOS then - thanks for the suggestion ladies - now I can skip the reviewing process !:p

Wendy - nice job with the 30 lb ! Cannot even imagine that !

Diana - great job keeping up with the workouts even though you were really busy. Hope the meetings are done ! Sending healing vibes for SIL !

Laura - hope you can walk tomorrow ! I'm jumping on the "good wagon" with you today !

Lori - aaahhhh, you are still doing long runs, huh? Any more races coming your way in the future?

Jen - great news you can start lifting again. Don't let your enthusiasm get you going too heavy too quickly ! And I will be waiting to see how you feel about work by the end of the week. LOL !

Angie - you're planning a CAB rotation while the kids are away, huh? LOL ! ITA you gotta have fun here too ! I think that is my problem these days is I am not liking work at all and don't see anything that will change that any time soon. Such a challenge - but somehow I need to get past it !

Hoping to be back later to post a WORKOUT ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I woke up to about 6 inches of unexpected snow. They said it started snowing about 5am and by 6:30 we had about 6 inches. I decided to log in to work right away and let them know I would be working from home. Glad I did too. Several coworkers had already sent the same email.

This afternoon I did Imax 3 and Burn 3. I was hoping to rearrange the rotation days but now I have it really of course. Oh well, as long as all the workouts get done that's all that matters.

meal 1-fiber one cereal, 2 scoops prot pwd., banana, almond milk
meal 2-EAS carb control protein shake (after w/o)
meal 3-3/4 C eggbeaters w/peppers, small lo carb tortilla, 2 tbs grn chile

Any 24 fans???? I was so happy the new season finally started.

Wendy-So what did you end up doing, slo mo, run etc??? Miss Indecisive you are. Oh yeah, or did you get a new w/o in the mail that you just had to try today??? No wonder you have blisters-using a 30LB kb can do that to a girl.;)

Lori-Wow, you must've been really motivated to get that workout in this morning! Sorry about the coworker. I don't mind doing my own work or even helping out someone who is busy. I certainly don't want to be stuck doing someone elses job simply because they are not doing it. Great job on the 10 mile run (in the cold no less). Are you training for any races?

Jen-sorry about the blahs. I'm sure it's from cabin fever and lack of your normal routine. Just remember that you are recovering and go at your own pace, and not to heavy either missy!! I'm sure it will be a nice change of pace to go back to work. Don't you have to follow a special diet right now anyway? I hope your mood improves soon:p;):) Some smiles just for you!!

Laura-Great job completing heavy legs. I am missing my heavy leg workouts while doing CLX. I may have to add in GS legs or B&G. I did take the B&G class at the rec ctr on friday and my booty was sore! I think your gym got my gyms good speakers cuz our speakers went out right as class was finishing-figures.

Jacque-Your eating looks great. I struggle with that too. Last night we had homemade lasagne and garlic bread. Not terrible, but not that great either. Sorry about the blah's, hope they pass soon. A good sweatfest might just be the cure you are looking for.

Angie-be ware, they said our storm is heading to the great lakes area. Hope this wasn't the 6am safety meeting Monday for you. I know those are your favorites;) Just kidding. What do you have on the agenda for today?

I think I'm all caught up and I need to get back to work.

bbl

think the soup has warn off .. my tummy is GROWLING!!! :eek: too soon b-4 class to eat anything though .. oh well tuff it out .. still not sure if it is gonna be all cardio or circuit ... Monday's are hard to do all cardio b/c the the choreography and that is usually when the newbies show .. so will make up my mind when I get there .. my legs are not shaking so either one is doable!!

Jacque .. I hate the blahs .. sometimes just taking some pampering you time helps .. sometimes a good ole fashioned butt kicking w/o does the trick ... (eeeerrrrr...go for the pampering;).. LOL)

Di . . saw all the massive snow on the weather .. YIKES ... lots of wrecks too ... be carefull .. we got cold temps .. and thank goodness if FINALLY stopped raining b-4 the temps dropped like this .. LOL!!! Supposed to be around 26 tonight .. and in the teens tommorrow!! BBBRRRRRRRR

Ang .. hope you dont get snowed in again!! certainly hope you dont get snowed in at work :eek: YIKES that would be a nightmare!!!

OK .. gotta jet .. get dressed for class .... to all that follow hope you had a great one!!!

I'm back. I'm clean and fed so now I can hang for a bit. ;)

So my run was supposed to be a 60 minute Itread plus some extra to hit whatever mileage I decided to run. Well about 10 minutes into my work out I decided I wasn't up for an ITread so I turned on some music and ran it out steady state. 7 miles wasn't the original plan but I am happy I went that far. I need to start increasing the mileage anyway...

My hammies are extremely tight. I could feel it while I was running and really felt it afterwards. I stretched them extra long after my run and then came home and foam rolled 'em for a few mins followed by more stretching. I am hoping it helps. If I remember I will foam roll before bed tonight too.

So I got my new vids in the mail. I was able to preview Squeeze LB Challenge in full and it looks pretty good. I was also able to preview a short portion of Bodystrikes before leaving for the gym and that looks good as well. Ilaria's body is AMAZING! Tracey from Squeeze looks wonderful too but Ilaria's upper body is freaking AWESOME! :eek: If ya like some muscle on a woman anyway! Tracey is alot less muscular but she looks great just the same. I haven't looked at Powerstrike at all yet but I will check it out soon enough. :)

So now that I have a nice array of lower body endurance work outs I think I will go with Amy's slo-mo for upper body and use my new vids for lower body this week and I'll see where I feel like going from there...:D

Jen: See above for the new vids I got! I'm also waitin' on AOS Newport and Firepower now too! :) Yay for getting clearance to starting weight training again. You must be so pumped!

Laura: So what did you decide on for class? I hope ya made it through with the growling belly. Nothin' worse then trying to finish a work out when you are hungry. Good job with the killer leg work out today!

Diana: Good for you to be able to work from home. Keeps you off the roads when they are not the greatest. More companies should have that option if the job allows for it.

Eats:

B: Oatmeal with pro pwdr and nat pb.
S: Almonds, craisins, dried apricots.
L: Turkey and cheese on ww bread with lite mayo, apple, pria bar.
Post work out snack: Pria bar
D: Chicken sandwich with cheese on ww bread with lite mayo, grapes.

Gotta give DS a bath now but I'll pop back in later to see if anyone is around! :)

Last edited:
OMG 24 started and I MISSED it AGAIN !

Popping back in to search for a rotation in just a few minutes and see, UGH !, 24 was last night. The date did not ring a bell for me yesterday but I knew it would start 1/11.

Diana - wish I could ditch going to work and do it at home. Maybe someday . . . :( I would have so much fun taking breaks in between!:rolleyes: You have a good day of eats going too ! I'm just ecstatic that Costco started carrying the lo carb tortillas ! Only 80 cals with 8 gms of protein ! At the store they were getting close to $1.00 each and now I have a whole bag for the old price of 8 ! :eek: Hope you have another snow day tomorrow so I can be "vicariously happy" at work ! yep !

Laura - hope you got your class over quickly and made it to get some food ! Now the next part, were you a good little girl? :rolleyes: It is so hard to eat well when you are starved. Think I'll try a nice hard workout and see if I can shock myself back to normality - or as normal as I get anyway. :p

Wendy - nice run there. You are so great at switching it up when you aren't "feeling" it. I'm such a dud in that department and just kinda finish to do it. Must try out your workout attitude as a new year resolution. :D

P. S. Don't forget to foam roll the hammies so you'll feel better tomorrow ! and great job on the eats. So far I have steered clear of the "junk", but am slowly sipping my MGD 64. ;)

OK - off to figure out a workout !

Hey ladies,

Just popping back in to say I made meatloaf (93% fat free ground beef) and baked broccoli. We are about to eat dinner and I'm hoping the broccoli turned out okay. I put in on cookie sheet and drizzled olive oil, sprinkled a bit of garlic salt and some parmesan cheese.

Jacque-what kind of rotation are you looking for? Just something to tide you over until STS arrives?? 24 is one of my scheduled recordings. So even though I was preparing my meals for the week, my show was recorded.

Wendy-Nice job on the run. I'm really getting the bug to run again. New workouts too...I've been tempted by the powerstrikes also. You'll have to let me know what you think of them.

Laura-What torture did you decide to inflict on your class tonight.

bbl

I DID IT ! ! ! ;-)

Back for a couple to say I went ahead and printed out FF Jan 09 rotation. Whoa baby, what a killer ! I know Debbie loves loves loves to work her gigantic muscles hard, but WTH was I thinking? I dunno, but I am scrambling to type here ! JK ! Though I could feel my poor little neglected muscles the entire workout. :eek:

PUB Chest, the MM chest, then PUB tris then MM tris, then PUB abs.

Diana - mmmmm, meatloaf sounds delish and the broccoli too ! I bet DH would love his broccoli that way - I just steam and eat mine plain - he adds butter, sour cream or salad dsg and lots of pepper.

Just checked and see I can watch the two episodes online - though last time when I missed Redemption it froze halfway through and I could never get it to play in full - had to rent it! Now here I go again !

May have to program my VCR for Sun just in case. And actually last night, I was asleepin' before 9 so would have missed at least half of it anyway !:rolleyes:

No 2nd snack for me other than MGD64 - dinner will be grilled flap meat carne asada style with fresh salsa, a dab of lt. sour cream and 1/4 avocado. OK - I'm drooling already and it isn't even cooked yet !

Nighty Night ! :D

Hola girls

I think I had a sign on my door today that said "c'mon in and visit with me please.":confused: I swear everyone who came in pulled up a chair and chatted and chatted and chatted. Usually I don't mind, but I couldn't get anything done.:eek: Anywho....it wasn't a horrible Monday like they have been so I really can't complain about being late getting home.

I got home and did CC#6 with Candace. Those sprints at the beginning are gruesome. I got a stitch in my side on the 2nd set of sprints. I do them at a level 4, so it was my own fault. It was a butt kickin' workout for sure. I like the results of the CC's and the 1RMs so I'm sticking with it until STS gets here.:) I didn't log my eats today but they were actually pretty good. I'm just too lazy tonight to log everything in.:rolleyes:

Wendy - Ah yes, the salmon was yummy. That was my last package the FIL brought us from Alaska.:(
You reminded me that I haven't tried the foam roller I got for Christmas. I need to get that out and give it a shot. Do you use the DVD that comes with it?
OK, now that you are getting new workouts, which ones are you selling on ebay??;)
Good job on that run!

Lori - Good job gettin' in that early workout.....one of these days I'll have to try that.

Jen - It sounds like things are slowly but surely getting back to normal. I'll bet you are relieved. Do you have the Cathe Wedding video? That might be a good option for the lighter weights. She can make even the 5 pounders get in there with that workout. Squeeze might be a good one too if you have it.
How's that puppy doing?

Laura - I wish I had a SIL like you do. I like pretty much all of my inlaws except SIL. But, the way it's going, she won't be my SIL much longer anyways......I think BIL has had just about enough of her too.

Jacque - Oh, I thought you really liked your job. I generally like my job, but this time of year it kinda gets on my nerves.
Do you have any road trips coming up?
I certainly hope the blues are on their way out!

Diana - Thanks for the warning. It's snowing now. I don't think we're supposed to get lots of snow but it's supposed to be really cold and windy. They are calling for up to 6 inches total, but with the windy conditions, it could get ugly. Hopefully I'll be able to get Tuesday or Wednesday in at work before it really hits.
You did IMAX3 and Burn 3. Oh my - that pretty much covered all the bases eh? Ouch!

I'm tired as heck. Seems like I never sleep well on Sunday night. So, I may hit the sack early....the eyes are burning.

Have a good night babes.:cool:

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.