Damage Control January....Hump Day

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Goooooood Morning Cabbers!:D

Laura: OMG the owners of that gym sounds just awful. I don't think your students would blame you if you left. You shouldn't have to put up with this crap!

Diana: Glad you are enjoying CLX so far. It seems most are liking it. This doesn't bode well for my pocketbook. ;) Glad your eating is starting to improve. The holidays are tough and getting out of the habit of eating crap is even tougher but you are doing it!

Jacque: Don't ya just hate it when the boss walks in and ruins everything at work!? ;) Yeah, I enjoyed the dancing menu while it lasted to be honest. I just didn't want to cross the line so to speak. I wanted to be able to function for the remainder of the evening. LOL

Ang: I don't watch TBL so I have no idea what's going on there. Sorry about your tough mondays. Hope they ease up for ya eventually. I've had a beer or 2 while cooking dinner myself. Definately makes the chore more enjoyable! :D Speaking of CABS, I earned myself a bottle of Kettle One Vodka in a giveaway at AC over the weekend. GO ME! :) Hmmm...that reminds me...I'm outta wine. Gotta get to the store pronto! LOL

Good Morning Ladies,

I didn't sleep very well last night and am kind of draggin' this morning. Lowmax is on tap for this morning and I'm so looking forward to a Cathe workout.

Wendy-you didn't mention what you were up to today. Is this a rest day for you?

Angie-I plan on doing the first 2 phases of CLX and possibly the 3rd before jumping into STS. Phase 1 is burn, phase 2 is push, and phase 3 is lean. I haven't even started any 1 rep max testing yet. I want to them closer to when I'm actually going to start STS. I'm guessing they should be shipping any day now.

Jen-How are you feeling? When do you have to go back to work? I hope you are healing nicely and pain free.

Hi Jacque, Laura, Dee Dee, Shirl.

Hello to all,

Checking in to say I'm awake but no workout this AM. Went to sleep later than I have been and just too tired to get a workout in before work. I do want to go in early so will wait until I get home.

Printed out the STS 1RM's and think I will use them to create a rotation for weight work and also my workout cards. We'll see how it goes. I found an Excel spreadsheet over on the OF, printed Cathe's and entered the *level she used on the spreadsheet. Then sorted by body part and *'s.

I did notice there are eons of Leg and Shoulder exercises compared to all the others? Oh well, double legs works fine for me, the shoulders is a bit strange, but mine need to be strengthened to overcome the issues they have.

I'll let you know how it goes later.

BB @ lunch to see "what's up". . .:D

Morning Ladies ...

Man we were battled w/horrible storms last night... I got ZERO sleep last night .. I was up pacing the floor around 1:30 .. was for sure it was a tornado .. the windows were rattling and the lightning was nonstop .. prbly had 60 mph winds .. scared me to death .. of course DH slept right thru it .. then we lost electricity shortly after 1:30 ... :confused: .... I can NOT sleep in silence .. DH snores .. and Big Dog Buster is THE WORST snorer ever ... so NO SLEEP for me .. didn't get any sleep Mon. night either .. I am a walking zombie! Power came on about 7;10 this morning... (we dont have water w/o power) .. so I ran jump in the shower .. slapped on makeup and was out the door at 7:40 .. broke ever speed record on the way to work .. but managed to get here only 5 min late! whew!

Well the gym managed to fix the stereo system .. THANK GOD!!! :confused: I taught a 45 min cardio w/ floorwork .. I am am still DOMING BAD from Mon. night torture. I am going to stay where I am for now .. b/c of my students .. but look into our rec. cntr!!! Maybe w/o a transition!!!

Wendy .. WTG on the w/o .. you are getting some mileage in huh??? Yeah the gym owners are THE worst and it is so unneccessary!!

Di .. have fun w/Low Max .. I love that workout!!

Ang .. TBL was good last night .... those were some BIG people .. and YOUNG to be that big .. I felt so sorry for them!! You gotta wonder what happened or what they do to get that big ... ??? .... DH and I were talking about that .. I mean 19 years old is YOUNG to be 365 pounds ... How much did he eat?? Did he sleep all the time?? What does he do?? And I can not imagine trying to move that much extra weight on you ??? How do you do that??? I can feel when I gain a couple of pounds you know??? And the older man ... he fainted ... OK .. they said his blood pressure DROPPED ... ??? .. doesn't that mean like he might have a blockage or something???? I didn't quite understand how his blood pressure DROPPED while exercising??? Anyway .. very tugging at the heartstrings show last night .. this is going to be a good season!!!!

OK .. since I left my house in a whirlwind I did not get my gym clothes .. so no w/o at lunch .. might go have lunch w/my friend w/cancer ... then after work .. no class .. going home ... may take a run .. then have a date night w/DH planned ;) the fun way to burn calories!! :)

Have a great one .. I will BBL to check in on everyone .. hello to all that follow!!! :D

Hi Girls.

I didn't post my work out plan this morning because I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. LOL I guess it will be a full body traditional weight work out but one of my "easier" ones. I still have some DOMS and don't want to over-do it. I DO know however that I will be skipping abs today. Mine are still VERY sore. OUCHEES! :eek:

Laura: Glad the stereo finally got fixed. Squeaky wheel gets the oil! :D

Jacque: Kudos to you for attempting the 1RM's! I don't know that I'll ever have the patience....:confused:

Diana: Hope LM this morning gave you a little pick me up to get your day rollin'!

Guess that's all for now but I should be back later!:)

Hey Ladies,

I had to cut lowmax a tad short as I remembered during my workout that I had a meeting this morning. I did through blast 5 and completed the cool down but no stretch.

I had planned on running some errands at lunch but left the stuff at home and I'm not driving all the way home. Maybe I can take care of them tonight while Jerod is at his 1st basketball practice.

I mentioned to DH that next time he's lifting weights he should try one of my kb workouts. He said he would consider it. I'll have to make sure and give him Providence or Empire State. Giving him Newport would be plain mean.

Jacque-sorry about not sleeping well. It seems to an epidemic in our thread. Would you mind sharing your excel worksheet with me? I'll pm my email to you. I did a search but never came across the STS worksheet.

Laura-We've had terribly high winds here too lately. Fortunately we don't usually lose power. Don't you just hate being rushed like that. Hopefully date night will make up for it!! The owners finally decided to fix the sound system... a little late in my opinion. At least you have some options to think about before making a final decision.

Wendy-You'll have to let us know what "easier" full body workout you did! I start my second week of CLX tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great day ladies.

Been tryin' since I got home from work to motivate myself to work out but it just isn't happening. GRRR. I will see how I feel after dinner but the truth is that I'm just really tired. That being said, my thought is to try to push myself to go to the 7:30 Centergy class instead of trying to do a weight work out. We'll see what happens after dinner. I may not want to wait to go to such a late class but I managed yoga last week so ya never know! :D

Checkin' in on y'all at lunch time ! :p

Just finished my yummy Mexican Chicken Tortilla soup ! A quickie that I adapted from Gayle's (banslug) recipe from last year.

Took chicken tenders, diced and sauteed in chicken stock. Added a bag of southwestern corn (corn, black beans, red bell pepper, onions & poblanos), a can of diced tomatos and some spices. (I love ancho chili so added that with some taco seasoning.). Brought to a boil and voila ! I added a small handful of crunched tortilla chips and a bit of shredded mexican cheese. Pleasantly full at the moment, yep !

OK - so . . .

Wendy - did I perhaps talk you into being tired and not doing a workout? LOL ! Centergy sounds like it might work as far as the DOMS go - but then again a rest day if you're not up to it would work too. You don't take them very often you know ! :D

Diana - So you were a tired girl too ! I saw that Laura didn't get sleep either. Guess today we coulda been the TIRED DAMAGED GIRLIES ! :eek: Sleep control needed vs food control, Ha ! By the way, nice job on the food y'day ! It sounded scrumptious too ! Ahhhh, downloaded fitday. I am not organized enough to do it very often, only use it when I REALLY need to but love the way it all comes together and gives you not only options but tracks the macros for you.

I will send you the spreadsheet when I get home. I haven't really been keeping up with any STS threads, except here and there, and happened to run across it. I'll send the entire thing which I'm going to resort once I add Cathe's page #'s from her pdf version. So are you finishing 90 days of CLX prior to starting STS?

Even the 5 from Low Max is a great workout - the high step from y'day left my legs so very sore last night. Not real bad today, but still DOMing when I get up from my chair.

Laura - poor thing with those doggone winds ! So good to hear the club got the stereo fixed for you. Sounds like your poor class will stay ontop of the owners so they don't take the wrath from your anger? :eek:

I missed TBL since there was a Sharks game on - and that was not a good sight either ! They did not play well at all. Hoping they can pull off a win in the next few games before they return home. TBL is amazing, but it seems like they get worked very hard and not always with good form. I do get teary eyed at their progress or saddened when they have worked hard and don't have a loss. We all know about that, huh? I just enjoy the fact that they are trying so hard to make the changes needed to get healthier. Yep, we know about that too !

Angie - wow you are just plugging away at the 1RM's huh? Not sure how long it will take me but I am figuring on at least a couple body parts, maybe 3 - 4 exercises per day. Will start with the 5 stars and first discs and see how far I get. What are your plans for starting the program?

I think my lack of eating is a combo of lack of exercise and just plain a lack of motivation for my daily routines right now. Not really excited about much of anything, just kinda blah these day. I do hear we may have a nice sunny weekend of about 70' so just may have to do something that takes me out into the sun for a little pick me up. In fact my mood send me directly to the Doritos last night ! :eek: I haven't done that for a long time. :mad:

Keep me posted on the Venuto book - I'm right there with you on BFFM as far as knowledge but don't like to be really strict for too long of a time either. I'm more of a moderation type of a girl dontcha know? ;)

OK - need to hit the pile - will probably post my workout (you with me on that one Wendy) after I finish tonight and see if anyone else made it back.

Shirl, Jen and Dee Dee we miss you ! Hope all is well with the New Year !

Well I checked out the class schedule and I can take Power (lifting class) at 6:30 or Centergy (yoga) at 7:30. Right now I am thinking Power because I sooo don't think I'll make it out for a 7:30 class this evening. :p Yes I am tired but if I keep it on the lighter the side, the Power class shouldn't be bad. It's endurance lifting and not as hard as Cathe's stuff. I will not go totally easy on it though as I want it to be worth my time as well as being a class that counts towards my "free" membership. ;)

Jacque .. "TIRED DAMAGED GIRLIES" works for me today .. man I am busted .. just dog arse tired .. but will try to revive myself for the "fun" workout tonight .. LOL!! Hope I dont fall asleep during it :eek:.. JK .. w/my DH .. NOT A CHANCE!!!! ;):D

Your Mexican Chicken Tortilla soup sounds delish .. gonna have to write down that recipe for sure!! MMM MMM MMM

I think I am skipping the w/o .. save my energy for the fun w/o w/DH!! :D PLLLLLLLLEEEEEASE I hope I get some sleep tonight .. I even took my simply sleep last night and it didnt work .. maybe the fun w/o will work on me like it does to most men .. :confused: hee hee !!!

OH meant to tell you .. I ordered and just recieved the F-Factor Diet ... I have been reading about it .. it is a low cholesterol heart healthy diet based on the priciple of fiber ... we will see .. looks pretty interesting .. although .. all of you know I am not one to follow a diet.. but I know what I SHOULD be eating .. .. LOL!!!! will let you know what I think once I read it!!

OK ladies .. w/o for me ... have a great one!!:D

Back before my attempt at STS 1RM's :D

Diana - sent the spreadsheet to your comcast email assuming it is your personal address. Now you need to just need to make sure you don't beat me getting them done, huh? LOL !

Wendy - good for you in attempting to workout regardless of being tired. Sometimes you just need to get started - though I am sure if I was working out somewhere else I'd just spend the evening on the 'puter ! :p

Laura - too funny lady ! Yep, I was watching Oprah's show on spirituality when the commercial for tomorrow's show appeared - it's on "se#" and I thought, well, now, don't need to pass that on to our little Laura now, do we ! :eek: :rolleyes: :p You have a "fun" workout tonight and you should end up with a good night's sleep !

OK - off to see what is going to happen with my workout today. Enjoy the evening ladies !

Hey there peeps.

I drove to the gym for the Power class only to circle the parking lot one time, find no spots and go home. I didn't have time to keep looking for a spot or I'd have been late for the class and they don't let ya in once it starts. :mad:
Oh well. I came home and worked out instead. I wasn't getting out of those work out clothes until they were sweaty after all of the pushing it took for me to decide to work out at all tonight! LOL
I wanted something short n sweet and f/b and bells fit the bill (as opposed to traditional weights) so I did the Kettlebell Way Empire State manmaker work out 3 times through. It was killer so of course I loved it! ;)

I watched the premier of 13: Fear is Real. It's the newest reality show. I liked it and will see if I can remember to watch it next week.

Good night girls!

OK - trying again. Just lost my login on this D#*$ computer without DSL.

So like I said just a few minutes ago . . .

Back for a quick drive by (which apparently Wendy has already done at her gym :p) to report my workout.

Did the STS 1RM exercises: 5 each of bi's & tri's. Chose the weights pretty well but under did a couple. Pushed hard so we'll see if I have any DOMS in the AM.

Will do a few legs & shoulders in the AM as a bit of a warm up before cardio. Thinking of possibly a run to loosen my legs which are still a bit sore from GS Legs earlier this week.

Okie dokie - nighty night chickadees.

Bringin' up the rear......again!

Hey all

Been super busy at work and now my house looks like a tornado went thru it. It's painfully obvious when I spend more time at work and less time at home. Tomorrow I WILL be staying home to catch up on sleep and clean. Joy!:confused:

I came home and didn't really want to workout....seems like a trend....but noshed on a BIG snack so I felt guilty and did CC#8. I think that is probably the easiest CC for me. Hills aren't too hard on the EXT, but the sprints just slay me. #8 is all hills. Still, it was 6.25 miles and 550 cals., so I'll take it. I needed it too b/c my cals for the day were higher than they should have been but I was HUNGRY!:p

Wendy - Well, while you were out did ya at least get the wine?:eek::p It figures that you plan on doing a w/o but can't find a spot.:(
Good score on the vodka! I gotta have the flavored stuff or it's a no go for me. Maybe I just don't know the right stuff to mix it with.
I haven't done the manmaker part of Empire State yet. That will be the next KB w/o I tackle. Aren't there 3 of them? Which one do you like best?

Di - Hmmmmm - haven't done LM in a while. I'm gonna have to add that in there somewhere soon. I really like it a lot!
So did DH try a KB workout?

Jacque - Would you mind emailing me that spreadsheet too? Pretty please???;) I have just written them down on scrap paper for the time being. I just started doing them yesterday so I don't have many done. I plan to start STS as soon as I get it in my hot little hands.:D I haven't really been doing any kind of rotation since the X b/c I'm eagerly waiting....
You sound a little depressed. Hopefully the sunny weekend will lift your spirits and boost your energy level. The blahs are exhausting. I hear ya though - it's pretty typical here this time of year up north. Can ya send some of that 70's weather thisa way???:D
I'm hoping I get the Venuto book tomorrow. But, I just realized I have a CEU packet I need to finish soon. I didn't realize my licence was due in March and I need to get that stuff done before I renew.:confused: So, Mr. Venuto is gonna have to wait until I can get my homework done.:( Hopefully I can start to tackle that tomorrow. I'd probably do better if I turned off the TV!:eek:

Laura - Oh I love the storms....but NOT at night.:eek: We don't get nearly as much wicked weather as you do. I hate losing power! It's such a drag.
I only get to catch the 2nd part of TBL. The family loves NCIS, so we watch that and then I go over to NBC to catch the 2nd half. I didn't see the part with the old guy going hypotensive. He sure did lose a slug of weight though. IA, there were some BIG people on there. I do like their personalities more than last season though, at least as far as I can tell. It's gotta be exhausting being that big. If for no other reason, I would think that after they lose the weight, they would want to keep it off just b/c of the increased energy level. I see that show and think I would love to be a PT. It's gotta be rewarding to help people get healthy.
Have a fun date night tonight.;)

It's gettin late.....guess I'm gonna hit it early and catch up on some sleep. Nighty night

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.