Damage Control...It's Tuesday Folks!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning. :)

I've been awake since around 4am I guess. I forced myself to stay in bed until 6 but couldn't sleep to save my life. :mad: Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that today is a REST DAY! ;)

Off to work and school this morning like usual. I'll pop back in this afternoon to see what everyone is up to.

Oh, I was last to post last night so check it out if ya haven't already...

:D

PS I have remembered to take my Glucosamine every day so far! Amazing for me! Keep reminding me when you think of it though. I can always use the help! ;)

Morning Ladies!

Taught circuit class last night .. and for the first time used the weighted gloves during the cardio segments .. :eek: .. WOW you wouldnt think that small addition of weight would make a difference .. BUT YOWZA... it sure did .. SIL were sweating TONS .. tonight is kickboxing and we are gonna "try" to use the weighted gloves .. bet it is gonna fry us!! LOL think we are meeting at lunch for a power walk .. IF IT IS NOT RAINING >>>

MORE rain today ...:confused: ... my goodness I am tired of rain .. they said todays total would be the most rain we have had ever .. gonna set some new records :confused: ... my new roads are prbly trashed :(

Wendy .. the wave thing sounds like fun .. inner thigh burn .. ohhhh that is a goodie!! Hard to get in there good ... I would love to try it .. but of course we dont have anything like that here!!

Di .. saw on the weather you are getting more snow??? I meant to tell you ystdy .. all our flowers are in bloom here .. the azaleas are GORGEOUS .. and the butter cups and wildflowers are all blooming .. along w/the Wysteria .. and along w/the POLLEN :confused: YOWZA!!! Glad I found the Zyrtec when I did !! LOL

Lori .. hope the little one is settling in .. and getting back to normal!!!

Jacque .. you are probably having weather similar to mine .. warmer ... but w/o all the freaking rain . . LOL!!!

OK .. better run .. gotta get my desk caught up .. tmrw is the 1st of the month .. and welfare checks drop .. so have a feeling I will be filling in on the counter ... have a great one!!!:D

Hi Ladies,

I had to take DS to school early for the MESA (math, engineering, science,?) club that he is in. That meant I had to get up extra early for my workout. I did manage to do a bodyblast timesaver cardio that had combo 3 of step blast and 2 Hi/Lo segments of SJP. It was pretty short so I did the Hi/Lo segments twice and it was about 35 minutes. It was better than nothing.

Last night we did intervals and partners. they looked something like this- High knees-Knees tapping your partners hands, push ups with high 5;s between each one, mirror image jump squats, push aways (abs). We also did walking lunges w/shoulder work, sprinting, side squats w/tricep press, sprinting etc. Definitely counted as my cardio for the day.

Wendy-sorry you couldn't sleep, I hate when that happens. Stop being such an enabler! I'm telling you, you would really like the STS series. This hypertrophy phase is my favorite so far. How hard is the centergy class-yoga right??? I consider yoga to be a rest day but that's easy for me to say since I don't practice yoga on a regular basis.

Laura-just cold and windy today but more snow is coming tomorrow and a biggie is coming on Saturday. I think your SIL's fund raiser will be quite successful. So you may have to tone it down a bit for one class, it's for a good cause. I wish I had weighted gloves too. I have 2 10% discounts for Cathe but they are always out of stock on what I want. I want the weight vest and the weighted gloves.

Lori-You must be working and getting back to normal. Hope DS is doing much better being at home.

Jacque-are you ready to hit the legs tomorrow? I thought my legs would be more sore from doing them again on Sat., but they are not. How was the shower for DIL? Your expecting another grandson, right?

bbl

Hey there ladies !

Wowser did I have a hard time with the bench presses last night. Too hard on the shoulders - even with trying to stagger the positions a bit. Like Diana, I tried using heavy DB's - think as hard as it was to get the BB up there last week, it was easier to keep the shoulders in an alignment that was more comfortable. Perhaps it will be better when I get the weight bench? :confused: If not, I'll just be going lighter than I should I guess - not much I can do with the grinding bone pain. :( Also tacked on a short 25 min step routine at the end.

Wendy - well when I am tired there is usually a reason - hard workouts can be exhausting or sometimes it is stress, boredom, etc. I have stopped worrying about it and just go with the flow. The older we get the more we need so we can stay healthy. Maybe your subconscious knew you might try to workout today but it was supposed to be a rest day? :rolleyes:

I love the sound of that Wave workout machine - kinda like rollerblading without moving?

Laura - I'm tired of this back and forth sun, rain, sun, warmth, rain, etc. We have had only a handful of nice days and most have been while I am at work ! :mad: We are in the low 70's now but supposed to cool off for the weekend (yep, just as usualy :mad:) and possibly rain again on Sun. Guess we are close to Diana's weather.

I have loads of bulbs up and blooming here - not much else yet. Need to get the veggie garden in - took Friday off so better work on that before we get too much rain again. It just may be late crops again. I really love my homegrown tomatos so need to get them in soon.

The fundraiser sounds fun to me ! I mean, aren't you creating a kinda simulated Cathe RT style? Kick some bootie workouts for a great cause ! Those that can't keep up can modify ! I say GO FOR IT !

Diana - your group workout last night sounds like a blast ! Hard too ! Definitely loads of cardio going on there. I have weighted gloves that came with Turbo Jam but they don't fit very well and aren't comfy. I have used them for a little bit during kickboxing workouts but always end up ditching them cuz they annoy me. I have been looking around at weighted wrist or gloves too. Think they might be easier sometimes than the pace weights for upping an exercise by just a couple of pounds.

I am looking forward to legs tomorrow - I love those workouts. Have been only slightly sore from them. Baby shower was fun - 2 hour drive, but the weather was nice and I visited with DD too - stopped by quickly to see existing GS. Yes, we are having another boy - only about 6 weeks to go - first one was a couple weeks early so we will see !

I bet you are chomping at the bit just waiting for May to roll around, huh? It will be here in a flash, just about the time STS is over for us, Huh? :p

OK - done with lunch - BBL to report my cardio for the day.

I guess I'll finish the day off for the Damage Controllers ! :D

I ended up doing SJP/SB the 90 min Step/Hi-Lo premix. Yeowzers !

By the time I was done I felt like I had run for 90 minutes ! :eek: If you ever want a knock out drag out cardio - try this one !

OK - off to hit the shower and see if DH feels like starting dinner here tonight - it is nearly 7:30 and the BBQ still hasn't been lit ! UGH ! ! ! :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.