Damage Control...It's Monday again. Booh!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
G'Morning.

Well, y'day didn't go as planned...at all! lol I got to Target and the park with Joey and we went to visit DH's cousin in the evening as planned but the rest of what I wanted to get done never happened.

I did HiiT 30/30 in the morning as mentioned but that was it. No other work outs and not even one load of laundry done. :( It never happened between Target and the park so I was set to do it after I got home from the park but by then I felt horrible! At first, while we were driving home from the park I just felt tired but by the time we got home that had changed. I was running a fever and felt so sick. I laid down in bed and stayed there for about 1.5 hours. I only slept for maybe 15-20 minutes but didn't want to get up. That's not me unless I'm sick. I finally took some ibuprofen and it knocked it out and knock on wood it didn't come back but it was enough to ruin my plans. By the time I felt better and got out of bed, we had to eat an early dinner and head out. Oh well.

This morning I didn't want to get out of bed when my alarm went off. I have a serious case of the Monday morning blahs. I think I need another weekend to recover from this one and I won't be getting it cause this coming weekend I am going away to PA for a wedding. I want to go to the wedding but I am not looking forward to being gone all weekend for it. It's just not neccessary and it was one of those things where I got "roped in" to something w/o really having a say in it. I hope it's a good time or I'll REALLY be pissed about wasting my whole weekend for an event that will last a few hours. :(

Ok, I just wrote 2 paragraphs and did nothing but complain. SORRY!

BBL when I'm in better spirits hopefully!

ETA:: Not sure about a work out this morning. If I am going to do anything I've gotta do it soon and it'll be short but I'm not feelin' it so who knows!

Last edited:
Good Morning Girls!:)

Can't believe I have to work again today:( I looooove having monday's off more then any other day. And now I have to go in there again!:mad: I won't be sorry when this week is over but complaining about it won't make things any better. I am thinking about laying low on Wed. I wasn't going to go in this morning until my manager said "when you come in tomorrow". And then Tuesday is the day when we do the weekly sales close off so I need to go in for that. So I am hoping I can relax a bit on Wed. Now....I won't be working full days but just getting up, getting ready and dropping DS off is enough to make me wanna puck! LOL

I am not sure what workout I am doing today. I wouldn't mind working a couple of body parts and then cardio but I am hoping to be at work between 10-11 so ....I may actually have 90 mins to work out if I start by 8 which is pretty good.

Wendy** I will listen to your complaining if you will listen to mine!:) Seems as if we both have the case of the Monday blahs! LOL I wouldn't care as much if I didn't have DS. I use to work all the time before I had him, lots of OT. But now I only want to work what I have to work. I am thinking I will only be working from 10-3 the next couple of days. I am working all these shifts but only to be gone away in the end. I have a few days off before I leave for my race though.

Diana** Did you get your grocery shopping done yesterday? I sent DH to do some of ours and then his grandmother bought us KFC for supper!:confused: I am always so thristy after I eat that stuff!

O.k...i am going to try and get my workout started. I am ahead of schedule at this rate!

Lori:)

Good Morning,

Yep, another Monday. My legs are a bit sore from my workout yesterday. Mostly I think its because I need new shoes. My knees have been bothering lately, a huge sign I'm in need of new shoes.

This morning will be push/pull. I rarely do push/pull or supersets so it will be new to me today.

Wendy-sorry your weekend didn't go as planned. Hopefully you will feel much better today.

Lori-HHMMM, I would love to work 10-3, but that's not possible where I work. I guess I should mention going in to work in the middle of the night would not be fun though. Did you decide on a w/o?

Happy Monday...bbl

Hey Girls!

I had a good workout today. I ended up doing PUB, 3.5 miles on the TM and DWP. I am hoping to get a good ab workout in at some point today. I am at work now and I really don't know how long I will be staying for. Its soooo quiet!:confused: The phone isn't ringing and that volcano in Iceland is acting up again which means no flights for moi!

Diana** Hope you are working out hard!;) I also need to invest in some new sneaks. I need to buy a pair this week to break them in before I go away and to make sure there are no issues with them. I rarely have issues with shoes but Im sure if I bought a pair and didn't wear them before the race I would get a blister...or there would be something sticking in my foot somewhere!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Hi all !

Busy busy couple of days for me. Sat AM we headed down to Monterey (beach town) and Carmel (upscale beach town) to hang around the wharf and eat some good seafood. The weather was overcast and high 60's - not a gorgeous day but the ocean breeze and smells are nice. We walked around, had a little eats and hit some ritzy shops just to look. Then we went to a great Fish market restaurant for dinner - DH loves the cioppino. Y'day was the hockey game - we went and they lost. That is my big BOOOOOO ! ! ! ! for today. (shhhh . . . I'm off again for one more day . . .) Stopped by to see the GKids for a bit and then came home. I ended up doing Timesaver HSC. Needed a little more but it was after 8 PM when I finished. Today is BM2 cardio blast and then the dentist. Will head to visit with DD after that. Supposed to rain here a bit today, yuck !

Wendy - good to hear Joey's party went well and he got nice 'stuff'. Hope you are feeling well and what ever you had y'day stays away. Apparently the "blahs" need to go away too ! ? ! ? ;) Please do come here and complain so eventually you may catch up to me ! :eek: Or not . . . :rolleyes: It helps me to get it out so do what it takes is what I say, right?

Lori - Bummer about your coffee episode - at least coffee isn't something that will get stinky . . . may just be a little stained inside? Well that was nice of DD to get you a "charm" . . . aren't we supposed to get gifts that we wouldn't buy ourselves ? ? ? ;) You should be able to pick up a gold chain to put it on somewhere - you could wear it to hockey games between Canada and USA ! :eek: Hope you get a little time off on Wed . . . working day after day does get tiring. DH is kinda laying low about his BD - his family wished him well the night before and I'm trying not to rub it it. I was 50 two years before him anyway so he is not the first. The oldest sibling though but his bros and sis didn't make a big deal about it.

Diana - do you have a Cuisinart coffee maker? That happens to us here and there too. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next - I love circuits too since I also need the extra cardio. I'm amazed but my legs are still sore from the run on Friday. Think it was the leg w/o the day before too. ITA that you need new shoes if your knees hurt - that is how I tell also. Hope your arm pain goes away . . . I have known a few people who had the surgery and it has worked well. In fact the lady who cleans my teeth had both done and she is very happy about it. Mine kinda comes and goes but I'm sleeping with my wrist guard on right now. It tends to flare up when I start gardening again. I started using my mouse on the left at work years ago and it has helped loads.

Laura - hope the weekend went well for you. Is DH out of his funk and behaving yet? Did you DOM yourself this weekend or take some rest days or easier workouts?

Off to get moving - may BBL.

UGH!!!!!

Hello ladies!!

:( :mad: I had the SUCKIEST weekend!!! :mad: :( .. FRI DH was being an @$$ AGAIN :mad:.. then SAT morning I get up .. start laundry clean .. put on exercise clothes to exercise .. went out to garage (barefoot) and got drinks out of car trunk .. I saw an upside down praying mantis bug laying on lip of car .. I HATE those bugs .. I freak out if they get on me ..well I shut the trunk .. the air swooshed the bug at me ...I jumped up w/the case of drinks in one hand .. land on one foot .. which landed on the DRYER CONDENSATION on the concrete .. I slipped .. fell .. landed on my hip/thigh .. landed on top of case ..my obliques hit on one side .. my ribcage on other . then elbow hit concrete ... It nocked the breath oout of me .. and I couldnt move for like 5 min .. my spine was burning from base of neck to middle back .. thought I broke my back .. but when I figured out I was ok and could breath .. I limped off to clean up .. soooo .. I have a huge SORE AS H### hip/thigh .. bruised abdomen .. and a CRACKED rib .. and a torn tricep (havent figured out how that happened) .. :confused: :mad: :( I AM PI$$ED :mad: ... needless to say no exercise .. and as bad as it was . yesterday was worse .. laid on couch all day ..

It hurts to sit .. hurts to breath in . laugh/cough/or twisting is excruitiating ... no telling WHAT my hip is gonna end up looking like .. it is sore .. bruised a bit but it is coming...it hit hard and deep .. thank goodness I have lots of muscle .. b/c if not I prbly would have broken my hip or leg .. anyway .. I dont know when i will be able to exercise again .. SIL is teaching class for me today and THURS .. I may be able to manage a mat class w/NO core work .. :( IDK!!!!

Wendy .. You think you were complaining .. I am one big COMPLAINT .. and right when I get my fun torture workouts I gotta lay off of it .. I am TICKED ....

Lori ... saw on news about the volcano .. I swear between volcanos - earthquakes - floods - oil spills .. it sure does make one think!!!!!

Di ..I need new shoes too .. but dont reckon there is any need right now .. :(

Jacque .. BOOO the sharks lost .. man sorry .. sounds like you had a wonderfull weekend though!! DH was an @$$ most of the weekend .. guess he felt sorry for me ... and he was better yesterday ... MEN :confused:

OK ... soo ladies .. workout for me ... I should have not come into work today .. taken another day to rest .. b/c sitting in this chair is killing me .. I swear I feel like crying .. :(

Wow, this is certainly a Monday. We are having all kinds of technical issues at work, everyone is in a bad mood etc. Good thing Monday's only come once a week.

Laura-OMG, I'm so sorry you're in pain. What an awful accident. Maybe DH will come around now and take care of you now! I'm thinking you are right, you should be home resting on pain meds.:p Hope you feel better soon.

Jacque-It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, except for the Sharks loss of course. I was planning on running at lunch, but after seeing our workout for tonight's bootcamp class...not running at lunch. I will email it you ladies.

bbl

Hi Girls!

Well only an hour to go and I will have officially made it through the day I was dreading so much! :)

I am hoping to be motivated enough to work out after work today. I would like to bang out a short u/b work out (like jackie warner's 15 min w/o from PCT), some Tonique and a little cardio and some abs all in one swift just over an hour session. Think it's possible? :D

Laura:: OMG so sorry you got hurt! Sounds bad. I hope you are better soon! (((HUGS)))

Diana:: How do your legs feel? I wish I had some DOMS in my legs right about now but that's kinda hard to have since I haven't done a L/B work out since Friday! :mad:

Lori:: Good w/o today! Hopefully I will have one to report in a few hours!!! One good ear deserves another so complain away my friend!:)

Jacque:: I hear ya! Does feel better to get it out, doesn't it? You've been under some pretty intense stress lately w/DH being out of work. (((HUGS))) Hope things look up for you soon!

Have a great rest of the day if I don't get back here but you know if I succeed with a work out later that I WILL come back to tell you girls! LOL

KPC warm up and high intensity drills w/weighted gloves (25 mins)
BBL Upper Cuts (15 mins)
Tonique2 Disc1 (last 15 mins)
50 oblique crunches per side (3 mins)
Stretch (5 mins)

Where there's a will there's a way and I feel sooooo much better now!:D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.