Damage Control....Hump Day!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Glories. :)

Today's work out is PS B&B plus CTX Step & Intervals. Gotta get movin' here very soon if I want to fit it all in. My shoulders are feelin' it from K/B with the weighted gloves y'day. Awesome. :D

I was last to post y'day so probably caught up on personals. If not though, I will catch up soon.

BBL~

Good Morning!

This isn't working out for me at all today:eek: Thought I was gonna catch up on personals but I can't find the cord to the laptop and its going dead. DH took it to work yesterday so he may have left it there.

Anyway...no workout to report yesterday:eek:;) For some reason I wasn't feeling very well on Mon night and sure enough around 1'ish I woke up with a bad stomach,used the washroom then made another trip and then I was o.k. It was very odd. There was no way I could get up in another 5 hrs and workout, plus DS had his speech appt yesterday morning and I didn't want to be in a huge rush.

I am going for a nice run this a.m, then its off to the city to get some school clothes for DD. My sister and her baby are going and I am taking DS as well. It will be a quick trip but I probably won't get a chance to checkin anymore until Fri morning.

O.k...Im outta here! Hope everyone is doing/feeling good!!!!

Lori:)

My work out is done. I had to omit abs from this one again for time but that's okay. I'll find a day to make it up! ;) I heavied up on some of the exercises and lightened a bit on others. Overall I think I found a good combo of weight loads now so I'm happy. Hopin' for some DOMS tmrw! :)
Hadn't done Step and Intervals in ages. Fun. Easy choreo and a nice little steady state work out at first but the intervals at the end are a nice heart rate spiker.

So I checked out Amanda and Nancy's facebook pages (girls from the new work outs) and all I can say is WOW! I'm jealous of their hardwork/dedication! They are awesome! :D

Time to hit the showers but I'll be back later!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Thanks much Wendy...you even posted it on the OD. Thank You!

Yes it is my birthday and I took a vacation day. It used to be fun working on my birthday. Coworkers would decorate your cube, bring in treats, and we'd all go out to lunch. That doesn't happen anymore and I just don't want to spend my birthday at work.

No big plans. I'm heading out for a 4 mile run this morning and then will do 4DS Back and Biceps or PUB B&B. If I sit here too much longer I may talk myself out of running and doing Insanity instead.

Wendy-nice w/o this morning. Those intervals sneak up on yah!! I stumbled upon the OD post by accident actually. I was looking for the link to Nancy's and Amanda's FB pages. Where did you find them? They both look amazing.

Lori-glad you are feeling better. When does DD go back to school? Must be after labor day I'm guessing. Have a fun day shopping.

bbl

Happy Happy Hump Day ladies !

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA !
13_10_3.gif

According to my rotation today is a rest day but since I took 3 last week I may do cardio today . . . Step & Intervals looks like it might fit the bill. Perhaps at lunch or after work. Was up late last night making notes from an interview last week so too tired this AM.

Wendy - are you splitting up the PS workouts? or doing a full weight and a full cardio in the AM? Thanks for the link - I did check out the pics yesterday - man o man the ladies are looking great. Cedie looks like she has toned up and dropped a few lbs - awesome !

Diana - good for you taking the day off ! Hope you find some fun things you enjoy doing to occupy your day. Did you get your run in - I know that is a great way to start the day for sure.

Laura - hope today goes well for you in the asylum - can't believe it is the first again already.

Lori - sorry you felt bad the other night - happy shopping today - so what is up with you being gone tomorrow?

Until later ladies ...

Diana:: Enjoy your day off and whatever work out you choose to do. Is DH taking you out for your B'day?

Jacque:: I would wanna blow off the rest day too if I were you. S&I was fun. Do it! :) I am doing the PS w/o's in full plus a short cardio. The only thing is that if I don't have time for the ab work I will skip it and do it another day. No big deal. It's working out well b/c the 2 upper body work outs are short enough that I can get a 20-30 min cardio in no problem. When I do legs, because it's longer, I don't do cardio but that's the only day I skip it. It's working out well. I think I will see some of the results I have been hoping for with this rotation. If I finish a month and I like the outcome I plan to extend it for atleast another 2 weeks.

Morning Ladies ..

gonna be a busy one for me .. FIRST of mnth and on the counter .. SS checks drop .. ugh .. last nights workout was awesome .. plyo, LB UB, core, plank, pushup torture .. WOOHOO... the body was FRIED .. ;).. DOMS in the core and the shoulders ... I tweaked the bad shoulder again .. I think I know what is doing it .. it is the close military pushups and the side plank overheads ... but it is not bad .. just feels a bit imflammed. the zumba teacher didnt show .. she said she peaked in and didnt think she could do my class and teach zumba .. she says she is going to try SIL kickboxing tonight b/c she dont have a class tonight we will see

Wendy .. great w/o .. I have not used the weighted gloves on MMA yet .. imagine it does set those shoulders on fire!!! Wendy how far are you from the coast ... Earl is looking bad .. think the main concern is going to be storm surge .. parts of the coast will be evacuated .. please becareful and if they so go >> GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DI .. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... woohoooooooo!!!! Hope you have an excellent b-day ... lots of Sept babies .. my boss's wife's b-day is FRI - my uncles is SUN .. mine will be bringing up the rear on the 25th ... too bad work sucks and u cant have a bday party .. we cant here .. but always bring food for each other on front line!!!

Jacque .. the asylum will be in full swing these three days .. but we are off MON .. although that means we will pay TUE .. but I am on vacation .. LOL ..sooooooo I dont gotta worry about it :eek: :p

Lori .. have fun shopping ... cant believe you took a rest day .. wow!!!

Jen .. you are on the coast too?? how far inland are you .. please mind H. Earl and the warnings and evacuations .. think w/the holiday traffic it could prove to be really bad if everyone waits till last minute to evacuate!!

SO today SIL is teaching .. supposed to be my rest day ... but I am going to the gym at lunch and try my new KB workout (Lauren Brooks) .. we will see how I like it .. AND CATHE IS DONE FILMING ... WOOHOOOOO .. looks like we will be getting a Halloween or Thanksgiving present in the mail :eek::D OK .. have a great one!!!! :D I will BBL to report if I like the KB workout or not ..

Laura:: I am a block from the beach, girl..the bay though. Not the ocean. Knock on wood, haven't had any storms bad enough to cause any real damage around me since I've lived here. Had it worse when I lived with my mom so we shall see. Only remember one "bad" storm in the area I am in now and again, no real serious damage done. I think we will be fine but time will tell. I appreciate your concern and will keep you posted! :) Can't wait to hear what you think of the KB work out. I have one of Lauren's KB work outs. I think it's the first one she made. It has a full length w/o on it and a shorter one. I recall liking them.

So I have been checking weather on various sites and even though the main headlines for Earl sound scarey, the forecast for my area sounds like it's gonna be a bunch of nothing as long as I don't try to go to the beach! ;):p Ofcourse, with them forecasting like this it makes me worry cause this is exactly a case where we would end up getting slammed! :eek::rolleyes:

Hi Ladies,

Back to report that 4 mile run and 4DS B&B are complete! The cueing on the 4DS in not the best. It's really bad when doing the premixes. I had to pause between exercises to get equipment etc. I finished up with No Equip abs.

My foot started hurting around the mile 3 but it wasn't too bad. I'm making an appt for an orthopedic to take a look at it. It's called Morton's Neuroma, and inflamed nerve that causes the burning, tingling and pain. It can be treated with cortisone shots, but I don't know what the long term solution is.

I'm off to shower and then start on laundry. DS gets out of school early on Wednesdays so may hit a movie with him this afternoon.

I posted late the other night that I preordered Cathe's new dvd's, tonique2 and tonique premier. I haven't checked my email for a shipping notice but would expect them to come by the end of the week.

Wendy-We are going out Saturday night, but I'm not sure about tonight. Keep your eye on the weather reports lady.

Laura-thanks for the bday wishes! Yep, Sept is a big bday month in my family. Me, and 2 of my 3 sisters are September gals. My other sister is Aug. So your class scared the zumba teacher...LOL :p

Jacque-I haven't done the CTX w/o's in quite awhile. I do like CTX upper a lot. I remember doing 2 CTX cardio's back to back when I was younger!;) Thanks for the bday wishes!!

bbl

back report the first w/o on Lauren Brooks KB w/o "the grind" done at lunch .. moves a LOT slower than I was expecting .. could have gone heavier on some but on some of the overhead holds the weight got heavy .. this is a great lunch workout and I felt muscles that I dont usually feel .. but think I could manage the entire workout on weekends . but this perfect for lunch .. got a bit sweaty but not bad .. just totally different moves than I am used to.. so it will be benefit to my regular routines .. I may go ahead and get the harder DVD now that I like this one .. I will need heavier KB though ..

Wendy .. think your area the main concern is gonna be storm surge .. what worries me about people in your area is they are not used to hurricanes and it being a holiday weekend .. the traffic messes that and evacution would cause .. just watch it close .. b.c right now the path looks like direct hit to NC and New England area .. but some system is to steer it and make it turn to the right .. soooooo this is good news for your area .. prbly gonna skirt ya'll .. and the EAST side is the BAD side of storm.. and u will be getting west side of storm... so you are gonna get the lighter side of storm anyway!!! but WATCH the weather baby!!!! ;)

Di .. hope the Bday is going well ... and ya ..think I scared the zumba teacher :p:p:p

Oh boy....I just made a change to my current rotation that just might KILL me. ;) After discussing it with my "PS rotation partner in crime", I have decided to forgo PS LEGS and put a full hour long Tonique work out in it's place. I will not go heavy. I just won't do it so that being said, doing an endurance work out for that hour will be much more effective then going light in a work out that's meant to be done on the heavy side. I will probably opt for the original Tonique work out. This is my fave. I may mix it up with the mat work too and maybe some Leandro as well. It really depends on my mood but it will be an hour of lower body regardless!

HELLO DOMS! HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.