Damage Control..Hump Day!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

I am sore! HSTA whooped my a$$. I knew it would. That's why I did it! >:-D

I don't know how I will ever make it through Insanity today but I'm gonna give it a try anyway! LOL I think Power Cardio and Resistance is on tap. Should be fun! :eek:

Laura:: Sorry sweetie. I know how you feel. I've been there. Trust me! Still struggling myself right now actually to get back down to pre-STS weight. Hopefully whatever is going on w/your body (and mine!) is just temporary and we will feel better soon!((((hugs))))

Lori:: I actually ended up weighing less post-pregnancy myself. I have definitely been in better shape and look better (most of the time) since having Joey then prior to getting pregant. I don't know how it happened but I am not about to complain either! :p Congrats on the good exam score! Keep it up!

Time to down the foffee and get busy! I almost re-set this morning's alarm for another hour's sleep and a rest day! :eek:

I'll be back!:cool:

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

I'm not sure why I put the happy face there...being optimistic I suppose;) DS pulled one of his stunts last night and was awake a couple of hours. We took our turns and I went first. I was awake for over an hour. I didn't go to bed until after 12 and he was awake at 1 and the last time I saw the clock it was 2:17! Ugh! I'm not sure what time he went to sleep after but DH slept in his bed so I'm sure he will be complaining about the terrible sleep he had last night! LOL

I have some nice DOMS going on from yesterdays workout. I go pretty heavy when I do PUB.My chest and shoulders are feeling it today. DH also brought home some snazzy new sneaks for me yesterday. He orders the top of the line for me and I would never buy them if I had to pay full price. They sell for $260. Can you imagine spending that much $ on shoes? The most I use to ever spend was $100. The sneaks I usually buy now are $169 or so but I only pay wholesale for them. I don't need to use them right now so I might leave them in the box for a little bit.

Wendy** Enjoy your workout. I am actually trying to figure out how I'm going to run b/c I have a feeling my body isn't totally awake and I also have another terrible feeling that this instant coffee is going to give me heart burn...or feel like its burning a hole in my stomach. Ick!

Alright, I should get moving...although I dont have much coffee gone. Instant stuff is to hot to drink!:confused:

BBL!
Lori:)

Gooooood Mooooooorning ladies !

That is how our Pres greets us with his Eastern accent. I must ask him one of these days where he grew up cuz I know he's been in California for a while.
Anywho, it is just after 4 AM for me. DH is done with his shower and I need to go in early to do payroll so I can make my training workshop that starts at 8. Was there until after 6:30 last night - am sure I'll feel like I never left !

Got home and was hitting the Rythmic Step by 7:20, used 2 risers because I had a feeling it was going to be too late to do the whole thing. Did over 35 min and called it quits so I could eat and hit the bed by 9 PM. Off to do MM in just a few . . .

Wendy - sounds like you got your bootie kicked a bit by HSTA. I think that is one that I don't have. So are your measurements larger after STS? Just find it strange that you kept the wt on for so long. Course then again, I have noticed such a drastic change in how my body reacts to working out and foods over the past 5 years or so. Seems that once I hit 46 (it was a horribly stressful year too) I totally lost the ability to figure out what to do to get where I wanted to be. Still haven't figured it out yet either ! Ugh my legs are like balloons right now but that is mainly from lack of exercise and horrible eating and giving in the to beer and wine too much ! :p Good to hear it is slowly coming off though - great job !

Lori - so with DD putting on extensions, do they come curly? How will that work? (Sorry but I'm not the beauty salon type of a person - have maybe had my hair "done" a dozen and a half times in my life). Hope you make it through the day with the loss of sleep last night. Wow, nice of DH to get you new shoes ! I usually buy the older models at our outlet stores but do get a higher priced shoe than I used to. Sure can feel the difference with a good shoe - especially running.

Diana - how did it go yesterday? I am guessing you are up and working out about now. I'm there with you and need to start working out in the AMs because the evenings are just not working well for me and by the end of the year/beginning of next we will be commuting. I do hear we may have a gym down there - am pressing hard for that one with one of the son's of the owner - he's totally physical oriented, mind & body, so I am crossing my fingers !

Laura - I so love reading your posts ! They crack me up ! :D Sorry about the dress - know exactly how that is as my pants legs have been tight lately. Sucks big time but surely makes me start paying attention. Today will be #3 in a row for me - I have a goal of making it all week with a workout every day. I do have to travel south Mon & Tues - will try to get a workout in in the AM before I leave and then hopefully find a hotel with some sort of cardio machines so I can workout on Tues AM. Now to address the food & drink ! :rolleyes: Hold that thought about Vegas, maybe next time around as I am hoping to make some progress at work and get a nice raise !;)

OK - time to hit the workout room girls ! 1 cup of foffee w/protein downed and off I go . . .

Hi ladies,

I'm working from home today...so no rushing this morning. PCC is on tap and the dread factor is high right now. My legs and glutes are super sore this morning after heavy legs yesterday.
Ham Curls 4X12 85#
Squats 4X12 115#
Lunges 4X12 75#
Extensions 2X12 100#, 2X12 87.5
Plie Squat 1X12 50#
Seated Calf Raise 3X10 90#

I do have to say I'm quite happy with how my clothes are fitting me, my waist is whittling in, defintion in the legs and abs etc. Too bad the number on the scale isn't what I want it to be.

Wendy-nice job with CPR this morning. You gotta love Cathe's circuits, good for a nice burn! Although your weight issues happened during STS, I don't think it was caused by STS-especially meso 1. Interesting though that Jen had the same issues.

Lori-wow, you are cruising right along on your personal training program, and getting great scores along way. Keep up the good work! I've had to use instant coffee in a pinch too, it's just not the same. Wow, those are some expensive sneaks. Not so bad when you get them wholesale! How far are you running today? I should probably start my w/o at 5am if I want to be to work between 7-7:30. Been backing up the alarm the past few days to 6...which is fine when I don't w/o. It's only about a 15-20 min drive to work.

Jacque-Nice job getting back to your w/o's...and us too.;) You will feel much better. That would be great if you had a gym or w/o area at your facility. I know ours get used a lot. Two of our buildings have nice gyms, lockers, showers etc. One of the two also has a padded cardio room with DVD player, TV, cardio equipment, steps, etc. The 4DS Bootcamp or Kickbox may be nice for next week when you have to travel, they are short but do work yah good.

Laura-your post's crack me up too. Sorry about the dress not fitting. I know how frustrating that is. Finger crossed for DH's appt. Stay positive and remember it's best to know now and have it taken care of before it becomes something worse...preventative! Hope to download some cardio music so I can give your w/o a try!

Time for to take care of some work stuff and then get my booty downstairs for my sweatfest with Shaun T....love that guy. Started week 4 yesterday.....moving right along.

bbl

Jacque:: IDK if my measurements are larger coz I have not touched a measuring tape in ages! :p I judge by the mirror, how I feel, how my clothes fit and the scale and EVERYTHING went down hill with STS. The mirror showed the bloated belly and I felt like cr@p in my once slightly loose work pants cause suddenly I was about to split them and the scale almost blew up when I stepped on it! All in all I gained 5-6 pounds in 3 weeks of STS and have lost all but about 2 of them but even the 2 are making a difference. :rolleyes:

Lori:: So did you run this morning? I'll bet you did! So what kind of sneakers did you get? $260 for a pair of sneakers!? That's nuts! No way would I pay that! I paid up to $90 for my running sneakers so I tried to keep the cost of the pair I use for aerobics at no more then $50. Now that I've given up running (atleast for a while yet), I think I will splurge on my next pair of aerobic sneakers. ;) Sorry DS was trouble last night. My son is a good sleeper and I am forever thankful!

Diana:: If you are happy with your clothes and the mirror then to heck with the scale! :D I wouldn't give a rat's behind what the scale said if I was happy in every other way. It's only a number when I am happy with my body but it's the enemy when I am not! :(

Last edited:
Hi Girls,

Boss is gone for lunch! Yeehaw! I need some alone time. He is getting on my nerves. First thing he does is start pointing out the things that need to be done around here and they wouldn't need to be done ASAP if they had been done yesterday...or the day before for that matter. But I can't say anything b/c of the whole issue of maybe ME having issues with my coworker. And the least little thing will send him into a "I was right":mad: For years people kept saying that there was fav's here and I think I am starting to see it.

My workout was 12 k, with the dog. Its to bad I don't get to sleep the rest of the day away like him. I am feeling pretty drowsy now though. I was going to do some reading while he is gone for lunch but that will just make me more tired. Fondue with girls is off for tonight but wings with DH and friends are on. Im not sure which one is the worst of the two evils...everything dipped in choc or deep fried wings! Barf!:rolleyes:

Wendy** Yes dear...you are right...I ran! How did you ever guess that? LOL Im gonna have to do some step in the near future I suppose. Maybe BM2 in full. I use to love that one. I still can't believe you don't run anymore...you use to be so good at it. It will be interesting to see how hard it is when you get back at it, or will it just come back naturally.

Jacque** Wow! You are up earrrrly! Maybe I shouldn't complain so much. I did get atleast 4 hours of straight sleep but no more then 5 altogether. Im gonna be zonked tonight. How was your workout? The extensions come straight but she straightens her hair for the most part. They do need to be highlighted though.

Diana** I would love to be working from home today...I would get a nap in. I suppose I could pretend I am going to the post office and instead go home and lie down for 30 mins! LOL All I need is a 15 mins cat nap! LOL No one will even notice. There is anything going on here today. How was your workout!? You must be happy its over!

I will probably bbl! Getting lazier by the min!

Lori:)

Hey girls....CPR (not PCC) is done and I am a sweaty mess! I'm reviewing work emails while I eat my breakfast...then I will be off to the showers. This is week 4 of Insanity and next week is Core Cardio and Balance...all week. That sounds pretty boring to me. I'll probably do that 3 times and throw in some Cathe cardio...sure am missing her.

I lent P90X to a coworker, but she previewed it and thinks it may be too hard for her. I'm thinking of having her start with Barry's Bootcamp instead. They are shorter w/o's and combine weights and cardio in the same w/o. What do you guys think?

Wendy-I'm really only concerned with the scale because I have the biometric screening at the end of the month which affects my insurance premiums for next year. I'm good on cholesterol and blood pressure, but my BMI needs improvement. Since I can't make myself any taller, the only way to improve my BMI is to lose weight. I'll probably do a few full body weight w/o's and skip the heavy training for a couple a weeks before the test. Not sure it will make any difference though. I thought meso 1 was comparable to M1 of the X. They both user higher reps 12-15 range and medium weights. Whichever you decide for later...count me in. I'll be ready for something new after this INSANE rotation!

bbl

Hump Day

Hey Ladies . .

Well the funeral was PACKED .. prbly about 200 -300 people there .. and they overflowed to the grounds and streets .. we had to stand outside in the 98 degree temps .. it was so freaking hot .. i had sweat POURING down my legs and back .. it was HORRIBLE .. and LOOOOOONG ... we had to leave b/c I got a headache .. thinking I got too hot .. the funeral lasted THREE hours .. they had THREE different pastors preaching :confused: I dont get that .. hey when I go .. check my casket make sure I am in there .. have a graveside service only .. and make it short!! a Prayer .. sing Amazing Grace .. and go!!!

Wendy ... my FL friend made me feel better .. she said .. "HEY . . listen .. you had several setback injuries this year .. and it is only 5 pounds or so .. suck it up .. after vaca you will get back into your routine and be fine!" I forgot about the rib injury .. that was FOUR weeks w/o working out at my intense level .. and then the stupid thumb injury ... sooooo that made me calm down a bit!!! LOL

Lori .. sorry DS was up last night .. WOW $260 sneaks .. YIKES .. DH would DIE ... LOL ... but as much as you run .. you need good ones!!!

Jacque .. I am glad I am entertaining.. LOL .. I have to laugh or I would cry .. told SIL she was getting a NICE dress out of the whole fiasco though .. it will prbly FALL off of her .. we used to wear same size (6).. although I have always been bigger thru chest and back... I am not gonna stress out .. I am on vacation next week .. going to enjoy .. and not worry about calories .. but the week after that I am getting down to business again! (although will try not to totally overindulge ..and we will be walking a lot so that will help)

DI.. I crack myself up sometimes .. LOL .. and thanks for the well wishes ..I am leaving at 11 .. Dr in another town .. a little over hours drive .. so I am going w/DH and we BOTH are gonna hear what the DR says .. keeping positive till the meantime!!

Hello Jen and punky Jen

SOOOOOO no workout yesterday .. we will see how today goes.. after the appnt .. we have errands to run .. soooo we will prbly be getting home late (we r in opp direction .. will be about 1 hr 45 min from our house).. ugh ... OK .. better run .. everyone have a great day!!:D

Diana:: OMG if only we could grow taller on demand all of my problems would be solved!!!! :D BMI isn't very accurate. It does not consider a lot of factors. I can't believe they are using that. :rolleyes: Sorry -you shouldn't have to worry about it since you are "shrinking" in every other way! I didn't have the same issue with the X as I did with STS which is why I am leaning toward the X instead. I didn't lift as heavy with the X though (and won't when I do it) so when I do finally get up the nerve to try STS again I am going to lower my weight loads a bit and see if that helps. I will still be very challenged by the work outs even if I drop the weight on most exercises. Might make a difference. FWIW, I was lifting heavier overall in M1 of STS then I ever lifted for any strength work out I've done!!!!:eek:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Well this working early thing has it's perks...getting off early! I will finish up work in about 20-30 mins. Yay! I plan on doing Shoulders and Biceps yet today.

Laura-What a nice turnout for you neighbor. I'm sure that made her family feel good to know that so many folks cared about her. Sorry you had to stand in the heat....we're in the mid 90's and it's very wearing. Fingers are crossed that all goes well with the DH and the Dr. tomorrow. And yes, you have had several setbacks. Go enjoy your vacation and get back into it when you return.

Wendy-I too am surprised my company is using BMI since it's on the way out anyway. I'm up for another round of the X, with additional leg work. I think I lifted about the same (12-20lbs) for upper body on both the X M1 and STS M1. Have you tried any of the STS plyo legs? What did you think? I actually think my legs are leaning out from Insanity...all that intensty and plyometrics is working for me...at least my legs and abs!

bbl...maybe

Diana: No, haven't tried STS plyo legs. Perhaps I should open up meso 3 and take a look-see! I don't have to do the program to take advantage of the plyo legs w/o's! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.