Damage Control....Hump Day

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

Today's work out will be Jillian's NMTZ...barefoot. :D

I am sore from boxing with Cathe y'day. AWESOME. Oddly enough my lower body is not complaining about my time spent with Sylwia. I'll have to remedy that somehow tmrw! :p

The tat is moving into the next phase of healing. It started itching last night which means it's drying out and will begin to peel soon. ICKY but good! Can't wait! ;)

So DS and I are meeting my mom, sister and her kids at the boardwalk by my house tonight. DS will have fun. I hope it's not grossly hot. The hotter it is, the faster I will be dragging him back home! LOL

Lori:: Too funny about Toy Story 3. It's still out in the theaters here and they don't release the dvd until it's out of the theaters. Not sure how it works in Canada. Did DS put up a fuss when you told him they don't have it? I personally feel that as long as you do not work your abs w/weights every time that working them daily is fine. I definitely get better results when I work abs daily and find it much more tolerable to do maybe 5 mins a day then 15 mins 3x a week. UGH! I am going to give a little ab work a shot soon. Fingers crossed! :)

Laura:: There you are! Seems like you've been MIA for 3 weeks! Miss you, girl! Glad everything is okay. Happy you had a nice anniversary celebration with DH. :)

Off I go for now but I'll BBL!:cool:

Good Morning!:)

Happy I checked in last night...means I don't have anything to report or catch up on:D I do wish I had went to bed earlier last night but that's neither here nor there and nothing a bit of coffee won't fix.

Today's workout is suppose to be 4 miles and legs. I need to get abs done as well and Im more likely to do more then 4 miles. Probably be more like 5. I like the STS 2nd set b/c I shorten the breaks and can manage to get most of it done in the a.m.

Wendy** Can you put cream on the tat so it doesn't hitch as much? That would drive me insane! KB always gets me good,probably b/c I don't do it very often. DS was fine when he realized it wasn't there but of course he didn't understand that it was still in theaters. I offered to buy 1 or 2 but he told me"put it back!" LOL He was watching a preview of it on another movie and it said released June 18th...didn't say what year.Makes sense as to why Buzz lightyear is everywhere I look. In the morning while watching Pooh he said "that one" (translation....I want that one) "mommys truck" (lets go get it) "story" ( toy story 3) Then he was in the back of the jeep telling me what turns to take "at way" (that way) . He knows how to get around this town. Even though he isn't on par with his speech, he is still pretty smart.

I will bbl!

Lori:)

NMTZ is done! AWESOME! Only trouble I had being barefoot was doing lunges. Awkward w/o shoes on for some reason but I managed. Even did the ab work w/o the bb complaining! I feel great and I look like my old self again pretty much! So happy! :D

BBL

Hey Girls!

I have a headache now...not sure where it came from but it started while I was getting ready for my run. After my run I felt stomach sick! Thought I needed more coffee...did that and I still have the headache so I am guessing pills it will be! I just have to go buy some!

My workout was 8.5km and D17 legs! I still need to do abs at some point in time!

Wendy** Nice workout. Still not sure how you are doing all of this with no shoes on! LOL

BBL!
Lori

Lori:: Yes, fragrance free moisturizer is part of the after-care for a tattoo. First you use A&D ointment to help heal the wound (and essentially scab it over even though you can't see it) and then switch to the moisturizer and use that until all of the scabs come off (the peeling). It does help to sooth the itch too, thank goodness. Joey has TS 1&2 on DVD and now will probably get 3 somewhere along the line. :)
ETA:: we were posting at the same time. Sorry about the headache. I hope you can put the kibosh on it FAST! I can do the u/b only w/flip flops on but anything that involves the legs I am nervous wearing flip flops. I'd rather go barefoot. It's a little wierd but it's working out okay.

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I've been up since 4:15, went to the airport with DS and GD's and waited to make sure they cleared security okay with the documents my son had since he doesn't have a picture ID right now. All is well and he just called to let me know they have boarded the plane. On of my coworkers is on the same flight.

It's back to Insanity today and will be doing Back & Biceps and some ab work too. I was too hungry so I ate and will have to wait to digest before I can workout.

Will be washing the bedding and looking through the house for any of the girls items that we missed. I'm going to miss them so much. We will see them again around xmas, of course its on our dime...again. I'm wondering if this is something we can force Amanda/her family to pay half. After all, she is the one that moved away.

Wendy-Can you wear sandals to work, something that doesn't irritate the tat? I work in IT and wear jeans, capris, sweaters, sandals etc. Glad to hear you are back to your old self!:D Did you get a chance to read Cathe's BMR article? Its good information to have.

Lori-hope you feel better soon. I don't know how you find the time to fit in all your w/o's. It's easy for me to 1 w/lo in the morning and 1 at lunch when I work, but when I'm home it's totally different.

Morning to all DC'rs...hope to hear from everyone today.

Diana:: I hate reading lots of info on the pc. I'll have to print out the BMR article b/c I will likely never get through it if I have to read it online. :p I am wearing a couple pairs of flats that I normally wear but not wearing any trouser sox with them. The one pair is open on the top enough that my tat does not get touched virtually at all. The other has straps that go over the top of the foot but I have loosened them on the one foot so that they don't irritate it at all. No problems. :) Sorry you had to say goodbye to your girls today but you got a nice lengthly visit with them. You would think that someone on Amanda's side might offer to help you pay for the visits but maybe they don't even realize...?

Last edited:
Hey Girls...confession time. I should've been cleaning, but dropped DS3 at a friends house and went and got a pedi! It's a darker bright blue-looks like a super hero cape color.:p They didn't have the dark purple I wanted. Better get started on my chores. I will get the laundry started, make a few phone calls and get my but in gear.

Just talked to DS and the girls...they just landed!

Wendy-I talked to DH about Amanda paying half, but he thinks since she has custody, its up to DS to pay for the visitation. Since he can't afford it, we are paying. DH thinks if DS wanted to go to court and change the agreement we might have some ground.

Hey Girls ..

YOWZA .. when I said I was going to UP my exercise .. YOWZA did I ever .. I am DOMing so bad in my upper body it is not even funny .. I cant straighten my arms .. I taught a mish mosh class of everything .. and did set of hvy weight UB then followed later by HIGH REP medium weight :eek: ok .. NOTE TO SELF .. do that more often .. GEESH .. my shoulders, bis, tris, traps, and lats are soooooooooo sore!!! I am tight in LB but not as bad .. did BC style class w/2 sets on weighted parts - kb swings - plyo work - weighted plyo work - plank sets w/pushups @ beginning of class and second set done at very end :eek: - UB and LB hvy and med weights - and core!!! :eek: :D It was goooooood :D had a girl that took from me 10 years ago :eek: (while she was in high school) ... she came in .. did the class .. and said .. "I was wondering if you were going to be as hard as your were 10 years ago .. and man you are HARDER than you were 10 years ago .. what a class!!" :D made me feel good!!! .. good BUT OLD!!!!!!!:confused::eek:

Today is recovery day .. will be clean max at the house .. may do some laps in the pool .. DH starts nights tonight .. first day back to work .. they did find a couplen of things but think he is ok .. sending some of for tests .. and put him on high fiber diet!!! bless his heart!!!

Wendy .. woohoo you got your tat .. any pics yet???? would love to see it!!!! exercising no shoes??? well those ankles and calves are getting a stabalized workout huh?? Glad I was missed ;) but more glad I am back!! :p

Lori .. ToyStory3 - it is in 3D .. SIL and DB and DN went to see it .. said it was awesome .. said it is going to break all records for sell out crowds .. poor DS .. bet he was dissapointed though!!

Di .. I know you are gonna miss your GB's... your DH is prbly right on the money thing .. such a mess when families part ... at least she is letting them come for extended visits .. that is something!!

Jacque .. hope those wildfires are far to your south ...

hello to PunkyJen!!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes and positive thoughts and energy for DH .. it means a lot!! Even though DH didnt feel like traveling .. we had a wonderful anniversary... and great couple time!!! ;) OK .. better jet .. hope everyone has a wonderful day ... and great sweaty workouts!!! (I will be rubbing on some freeze it on the sore bod -geesh I am getting old)

Diana:: Your pedi polish color sounds cool. Maybe some day after my tattoo is healed I will actually go get my toes done. :rolleyes: LOL Doesn't your DS have to pay child support too? If so, perhaps the visitation could be leverage to get the support lowered?? Glad DS and the girls landed safely. :)

Laura:: I am DOMS'ing pretty fierce in my UB today too and I have a feeling it'll only get worse by tmrw! :eek: There is a pic of my tat on FB. Posted it the morning after I got it! Check out my mobile upload album. It's the only pic in there now I think! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.