Damage Control on Hump Day

First, I must sending LAURA out {{{SAFE FLIGHT VIBES}}}!!!!!! I know she'll be fine but I also know how she feels! Less Drowsy Dramamine and a glass of wine works wonders though! I hope she takes my advice! :D;)

Second, we got DH's truck back last night! Thank goodness for that! I don't have to walk DS to school today! LOL

Anyone ever notice that you gain weight faster for a day of bad eating then you'll lose for a day of good eating? I will eat good for DAYS and the scale will go down ever so slightly. I eat bad for one MEAL not even for one DAY and the scale shoots up twice as far! WTH!?!?! :mad: I know it's temporary but it's just maddening, you know? :confused:

Well, no personals to catch up on. It was quiet y'day. Anyone know when Diana gets back?

Today's work out will likely be a short run and then One on One Training Upper Body. My elbow feels good so I'll give it a go but I may lighten up the weight load a bit on the exercises that put more stress on the elbow just in case...

BBL to see what's doing. :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Hot Mamma's:p

How is everyone? Im hoping to finish this post with minimal interuptions.....(Im being interupted right now....) Im trying to feed DS his breakfast, he doesn't like to eat very much but he likes to poop alot! Im not sure where it all comes from! LOL

My run yesterday was good but my arms were hurting (pushing stroller) cause I did STS the night before. I am up early enough to do Disc 11 but Im not sure if I want my tri's burning again like they were the last time and if I save it for later, there is a good chance it won't get done!:confused:

Laura** Hope you have a safe trip...Im sure you will be fine!!!!

Jaqcue** I love doing FF rotations. They are always awesome. So you are done with STS? Did you like the results??? Im thinking its going to be pretty hard to up my weights in some areas b/c my weights go up by 5 lbs (for bigger muscles). I guess I will have to try it and see.

Wendy** I think its water weight...that must be why we can gain it so easily. And why do men not gain weight? We are all human and should gain it all the same;) I went to my SIL's house last night for a "she" party (sounds like sex stuff but its not:eek: its jewlery) and she had all kinds of goodies. I did eat a few things but I was dying after words with a bad belly. I could feel gas rolling around in my stomach:eek:

So I am heading out for a run soon, still not decided on STS but I will let cha know!

Lori:)

Hiya Chickadees !

Last night was KPC and it was a great workout. Tonight will be AOS Newport and I'm looking forward to it.

Wendy - Yeppers I surely know how fast one bad meal can add the lbs and how slowly they drop off. Unfortunately that hasn't stopped me lately ! :eek: Hope today goes well - now that you have the truck back it could be a pedometer purchasing day? That will help get rid of that "bad meal" cuz you'll be playing with a new toy that will help you take more steps? Now did that enable you at all? :p Hope your run is a nice one and your one on one goes well. I have had a minor bit of tendonitis in one of my elbows which has only disappeared when I had my STS rest weeks. Otherwise if I am lifting it is aching. Have been bad and not iced - that may help if it is "talking" to you after your workout today.

Lori - Glad you had a nice run and I have to say I remember the DOMS from STS. I gained loads of strength with STS - I am absolutely amazed as I have never pushed myself hard enough with other workouts I guess. I purchased the Pace Weights once my STS payments were done - I love them for the smaller increment additions. They really helped with the tri's and shoulder exercises, some of the legs and chest work also. I got 2 sets so I could add up to 4.5 lbs per DB or 9 lbs on my BB (which only goes up to 100 lbs.) Otherwise, you can also pop some ankle or wrist weights on for the arm workouts for smaller increments. Of all the muscle groups, I always had sore tri's after those workouts. So just do your Disc 11 but wash your hair first and post here first ! ;)

Jen - How is your stitch this AM? Were you able to get a walk in yesterday? Hope your work day goes well.

< < < No panic and safe flight vibes > > > to Laura today.

Diana - Hey there if you make it here . . .

Enjoy the day ! :D

Hello Girls.

My work out is done. I decided to hold off on the run until tmrw. That being said I did BL Cardio Max work out levels 2 & 3 for a short but intense 20 minute cardio session. I followed that up with One on One's Upper Body work out. Now that I've done One on One Training with Jackie in full, I can honestly say that I give it TWO THUMBS UP! Highly recommend it! I also recommend BL Cardio Max. They do alot of moves at a less intense/slower pace but all you have to do is ramp it up (and I know that we all know how to do that!) and you have yourself a killer cardio work out IMO! :) Now let's hope I actually make it to Centergy class tonight! :p

Jacque: Thanks for the enabling, lady but I don't think I need any. I do quite well spending oodles of cash on fitness stuff all by myself, thank you very much! :p Thanks for the icing tip. I'll keep it in mind in case I have any pain later. I kept the hammer curls light today. I think that may have been what caused the strain in the elbow to begin with so we'll see what happens. So have you done Newport before? That is one of the workouts that isn't even out of the plastic wrapper yet for me! :eek: I bought it around the same time as I bought CLX so it never got opened! :rolleyes::eek: I will get back to the bells one day though...I swear! ;) Glad you enjoyed KPC. It's a goodie for sure!

Lori: Sorry about the bad belly after eating the crap last night. Serves ya right! ... Just kidding! :p It's not that men don't gain weight. It's they don't care so they could gain and lose 10 pounds 10 times in 10 months and would never even realize it! We, on the other hand, worry about it so we notice every extra ounce!!!:eek::rolleyes:

Off to grab some food now.

BBL~

*...Cricket...Cricket....*

Gosh it's quiet in here today....

Well I cleaned the house as much as I am going to today, LOL. I am washing clothes now. Joy! :p

I am hoping Joey will be up for the park when I go to pick him up since he's been banned from the pool for the week :)mad:) and I don't want him driving me batty asking what we are going to do if I just bring him home after school. :eek:

Guess I'll keep this short for now...

BBL to see if anyone's around!:)

Back to WHINE ! ! !

Well here I am and I came to Whine about work so feel free to skip this one . . . I need to put it in writing to get it off my chest (itty bitty as that may be . . . LOL! ;))

I am at home after delivering lunch to our Sales meeting. I was recently asked to facilitate a meeting to try to end the back stabbing of two locations (within a half hour of each other). The "players" in this problem are our Customer Service/Purchasing people who support our sales and also our Production Scheduling. Mind you I have never facilitated and have no training whatsoever - but this usually falls under Human Resources.

This Sales meeting was actually being facilitated by an outside consultant. While I was in there putting out the food, I was hearing some information from our sales group about how they feel the customer service and purchasing is not working correctly. To me, this is important to the problem I am supposed to be helping with, no? Well, my boss, the VP of Finance is always in our Sales meetings. Here is my beef: (as I sit here at home downing a couple of Coors Lights cuz I am just not ready to go back to work yet ! :eek:) Would it not have been valuable for me to be attending this Facilitated meeting, learning HOW TO FACILITATE and hearing all these issues? Big duh on my end . . .

Tell me, am I off base here or is my boss just not thinking ? Actually the VP of Sales did ask me yesterday if I was attending the meeting but I said "no" since I was not invited.

I heard issues being brought up that actually cross my areas in that staffing was being mentioned - however, it is usually my boss that the other managers go to.

I am feeling so left out - see that so many other co-workers are being "pushed" up the ladder (no, not me after over 10 years and a switched career - which I thought would help the company) and feel either

1) I am not good enough to move up OR 2) my boss is just not with it OR 3) the area they asked me to take over (I was an accounting major and love it) is unworthy ! ! ! in our company.

OK - done here - sorry for the rant but I am Pi$$ed off to no end here. Off to finish my Coors and head back to work. Not sure how much "work" I will be doing and this is sooooo unlike me but I am soooooo tired of the CACA !

Thanks for reading/listening.

Back to our regularly scheduled posting . . . I can't wait for Newport tonight. Hope I don't end up throwing my KB out the window.

Cuz then I'll have to pay for it to be fixed.

Now if I had a KB at work . . . :rolleyes:

Later gators ! ! ! :p

Last edited:
Jacque: Sorry you were stressin' this afternoon. A couple o' beers at lunch sounds yummy...stressin' or not! ;) It does sound like you should have been involved in the meeting. Just cause someone is your boss doesn't mean he/she knows more then you! My mom complains that she knows more then her boss all the time! :p So now I'm lookin' at pedometers on amazon and holy crow are there alot to choose from! I don't know which one to buy! :confused: I wouldn't bother ordering one online but I got the collage video catalog today and there is a vid in there that I want (ofcourse) so if I am going to order that then I might as well order the pedomter too, right? ;) I am going to order from Amazon because they have a bigger selection of pedometers. Collage only sells one very simple one. Decisions decisions! :p

Wendy - thanks the support ! So did you figure out which pedometer you want? I was lucky enough to get one as a gift from DH - just pulled it out the other day and think it needs new batteries. And I need to read the directions again - but am interested in figuring out how many (few) steps I get in during the day as I have been pretty much stuck at my desk more than I used to be. Perhaps a few laps around the building ? ? ? :p

Glad today is over and hope I can forget it. DS1 emailed to say he's thinking of coming down for his BDay weekend after next ! That put a :D on my face ! :p

I was just trying to figure out when to go up there so now I may just take a couple days off to clean the "guest room" since I've been sticking "stuff" in there lately until I get to it. :confused:

Anything to get me motivated here ! LOL !

Jen - what happened to you today ? ? ?

Thinking it may be < < cricket > > quiet here for a few days, huh?

Off to hit Newport for the first time !

Hey, I bought a pedometer at Sports Authority this evening. I've taken 591 steps in the last 45 mins. :D Is that good?? I also almost picked up a 2 pack of Jillian's earlier work outs but decided they were too much money. I paid less for the newer ones I just bought!

Be back in the morning~:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.